shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anybody help me price a Cartier bracelet?

300zx_tt

Rough_Rock
Hello all!

I just found this website while googling and figured I'd post here and see if anyone can help me. My grandmother left me an 18k Cartier bracelet that has been sitting in my safe for years. I'm trying to find out what year it was made and a value for it. The local jewelry store told me its just scrap gold at this point and told me they'd give me $1270 for it :shifty:

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

inheritedring1234

Rough_Rock
I'd find an experienced, well respected appraiser in your area to help you assess the value. Clearly your local jewelry store just doesn't have the experience/expertise to help you.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do not scrap it!!! Find a respected jeweler or maybe take it into Cartier yourself and see if they can help or have suggestions. Or try a respected auction house. They may be able to give you some direction or antique jewelry stores. Lang's Antiques in San Francisco is very reputable. I don't know where you live but they accept pieces from all over. There must be reputable antique dealers all over the country.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, does it have any numbers on it apart from the hallmark? If you have a design number you could contact Cartier and ask them. To me it looks circa 1960s. As for value, it would be worth $5,000 to $7,000 in my opinion. Do not even think about scrapping it. Most of its value is in its name. And it's very beautiful. I would suggest wearing it and enjoying it or consign it to a good auction house for selling and use the money as you wish. Keeping lovely jewellery in a safe is a waste in my opinion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results