shape
carat
color
clarity

CALLING WIDGET !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Widget,

Could you please tell me the name of the Rose bush or tree you have that has the Padparadscha color???

I remember a picture you posted on the forum, you were holding your gorgeous pad next to it. The rose looks like the Lotus flower.

Hubby and I would love to plant one this spring.

Thank you so much.

Linda

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Here is the picture Linda, i will forward this to Widget.
There are many types with this color i guess most of them are tea rose hybrids. I have one of them, gorgeous bush blooming wildly even after being eaten by our terrorist bunny. I think it was called Imperial, not sure as i never pay attention...

WidgetsRose.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
that looks kind of like 'double delight' or 'peace' (i always get the two mixed up) or another similar bi-color though in our micro-climate the pink is not quite so smooth creamy, it's more splotchy & bit darker. depends on your climate of course...roses bloom different colors (especially the bi-color ones) in different climates.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hee hee, I''m SO glad Irina and Mara weighed in....''cause I haven''t a clue!

(My rose garden, such as it is, was planted long before I got the house...)

widget

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you SO Much Mara and Irina,

I live one hour from Widget and maybe an hour and a half or 2 hours from you Mara, so I think it will do well.

I will take this picture to the Nursery and see if they can find me a rose bush/tree like this. Mara, I will also take both names of the Rose too.

Thank you so much ladies. Thank you Widget for checking in.

Linda

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
actually i think that it might not be peace or double delight...

this is chicago peace, a hybrid from peace. it''s more bright. peace is more yellowy with pink tips in our climate.

chicago peace.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh how weird that file was blank. well anyway it might be close to chicago peace (do a google search and you can see a ton of pictures!)...

but i came across this one i was unfamiliar with called Golden Princess from 1984. WOW what a stunner with the colors. But catalog pictures are typically touched up, it hardly ever actually looks like that in the garden!

golden_princess-600.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
heheh, here we go setting Mara loose
31.gif

in the middle of a nasty winter it's so brutal to see those.

P.S. terrorist bunny ate the rest of the bushes and pooped around a lot, so it's not even a pretty snow
14.gif
now we had to poop-and-scoop not only after the dog but a bunny too.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/30/2007 8:00:39 PM
Author: Pricescope

P.S. terrorist bunny ate the rest of the bushes and pooped around a lot, so it''s not even a pretty snow
14.gif

The Demon will gladly volunteer to help you take care of the terrorist bunny!
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH! There is a GREAT rose nursey here in the East Bay... went there last year to get bushes for my grandma''s birthday and walked out with SIX stunning bushes that performed exactly as they told me it would. Please is HUGE and really well known for their roses.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/30/2007 8:00:39 PM
Author: Pricescope
heheh, here we go setting Mara loose
31.gif

in the middle of a nasty winter it's so brutal to see those.

P.S. terrorist bunny ate the rest of the bushes and pooped around a lot, so it's not even a pretty snow
14.gif
HI:

All you need now are some deer.....
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Mara, that is a gorgeous Rose. Thanks for sending the picture.

My mom lives in Santa Rosa and the deer walk down her street. They are so darn cute with their little ones, but they eat her flowers. Love to watch the baby quail too, when we visit her.

Irina would love to see your poop and scoop bunny ha ha ha ha ha.

Mara: Rick picked up The Sunset Book Western Addition (flowers, plants and veggies) this afternoon. The roses on the front cover looked similar to Widgets. They were called Kaleidoscope roses. Have you ever heard of those?

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results