shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Violet3

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
Hi Violet, how''s your shoe search going? I''ve done a preliminary scan of teal shoes and have come to discover that teal is a pretty subjective color. You had mentioned that you would probably go the dyeables route. How does this work? Would you have to send out your shoe with a swatch from your BM dresses to get the color right? Also, what style are you looking for? Does your wedding have an overall tone or theme?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2009 11:23:41 PM
Author:Winslet
Hi Violet, how's your shoe search going? I've done a preliminary scan of teal shoes and have come to discover that teal is a pretty subjective color. You had mentioned that you would probably go the dyeables route. How does this work? Would you have to send out your shoe with a swatch from your BM dresses to get the color right? Also, what style are you looking for? Does your wedding have an overall tone or theme?
Hi Winslet! You are so nice to think of me
9.gif

My shoe search is going virtually no where b/c i've been swamped with work....boo. Teal is most DEFINITELY subjective, so i think i will have to dye my shoes. But that's okay because after i get the girls dresses, i think it would be nearly impossible to find a shoe that is the "right" color, ya know?

Lucky for me, FI's dad is a COBBLER (i love this little factoid, since i think it's a dying profession)! so, from what FI tells me any white satin shoe can be dyed to match a color (yay) so that opens up a whole bunch of shoes that you can order (not just the dyables brands) and they can be made to match. I think you could get a swatch right from the bridal salon - they'll just cut it off the sample and you'd have to take it with the shoe to be dyed.

So, my wedding's in December, and i think i'd like a peep toe with a jewel or a bow of some sort on it (like you said) but not sure what. I am fairly tolerant of heel height but i would like the shoe to be relatively comfortable. I would classify my dress and at least my sister's dress to be *slightly* 50s inspired - mine reminds me a little of old hollywood (but will be less so once i cut off the sparkly halter strap). so, i am kind of thinking something with a little bling on the toe if i could.....

I'll attach some pics so you get an idea. How's your shoe hunt going? i haven't even been able to find anything else interesting to post lately! Tell me about your theme etc while we are at it!

and thanks again for thinking of me
emrose.gif
here's my inspiration board...

violet3canvasforwed.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
shoot, i wish that was bigger, but i am hopeless....

anywhoo, here''s my dress.

front of my dress.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is about the color of the dresses, but we're doing Mori Lee in cocktail length with a unique sparkly pin for each one (hopefully) somewhere on the dress. it's a pretty pretty peacock blue/teal color and i think they will wear some funky silver shoe with it if we can find some for them....

mybeautifulheadlessbridesmaid.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and here''s the dress my MOH picked, although it''s soooo much prettier in real life....will be in teal.

Now tell me about yours!

MOHdressfforwedding.jpg

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
Wow Violet you''re theme and colors are so beautifully coordinated! My wedding is in September and I''m nowhere near that organized in terms of inspirations! AND your dress is stunning and I definitely see what you mean by 50''s with a touch of Old Hollywood. It sounds like we''re looking for pretty much the same thing in a shoe - this could be a good thing or it could mean that we''ll both get stuck
2.gif

I think this or the dyeables version would be nice with a little vintage shoe bling:
Nina Culver

I currently have these and they are quite beautiful in person, though I''m not quite sure if they''re what I''m going for:
Liz Rene Melissa

Not quite a peep-toe but has been calling my attention lately:
Coloriffics

If you could go a little over the $100 mark I think these have a bit of an era flair:
Special Occasions Maggie

This is my absolute DREAM for a jeweled peep toe (well out of our range but worth a look!):
Benjamin Adams Winslet (no wonder I love them)

Let me know if we should follow any of these in a direction! More to come a little later...

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2009 12:23:43 AM
Author: Winslet
Wow Violet you''re theme and colors are so beautifully coordinated! My wedding is in September and I''m nowhere near that organized in terms of inspirations! AND your dress is stunning and I definitely see what you mean by 50''s with a touch of Old Hollywood. It sounds like we''re looking for pretty much the same thing in a shoe - this could be a good thing or it could mean that we''ll both get stuck
2.gif

I think this or the dyeables version would be nice with a little vintage shoe bling:
Nina Culver

I currently have these and they are quite beautiful in person, though I''m not quite sure if they''re what I''m going for:
Liz Rene Melissa

Not quite a peep-toe but has been calling my attention lately:
Coloriffics

If you could go a little over the $100 mark I think these have a bit of an era flair:
Special Occasions Maggie

This is my absolute DREAM for a jeweled peep toe (well out of our range but worth a look!):
Benjamin Adams Winslet (no wonder I love them)

Let me know if we should follow any of these in a direction! More to come a little later...
Hey thanks for the kind words AND THE HELPFUL SHOES!!!! you and i might have been twins in another life :) I almost posted the *winslet* shoe for you b/c it''s soooo beautiful and heck - your screenname too. They are gorgeous.

I LOVE Special occasions maggie and you are right, they do echo the theme of the wedding, don''t they - very old glamour looking! (i think i could go that high on price too)

Oh, and the colorifics are totally in my inspiration board in teal - i took them from New England Lady''s thread on her "peacock blue shoes."

Thanks so much!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I just had to pop my head in here since Violet has been so helpful on my other threads. Your wedding looks so beautifully pulled together! I LOVE the color of the BM dresses, and your dress is so glamorous looking!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kelli! it''s a little slow going for me, but i''ll get there eventually! i still need pretty much everything you can think of, including photographer, dj, flowers etc.
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results