shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Rouffian and Tiffany Legacy Admirers – Halo Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blingmyring

Shiny_Rock

Hello everyone, I’m hoping to reset my diamond in a Tiffany Legacy inspired halo and I have some questions about the size of the diamonds in the halo and shank.

1. Are the diamonds in the halo the same size as the diamonds in the shank?
2. Does the size of the diamonds in the halo stay the same regardless of whether the centre stone is a .50 ct or 5.0ct?
3. If the halo size does change with the size of the center diamond, does anyone want to guess the size of the diamonds in the halo for a 1.5ct centre?

Thanks so much !

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2009 3:57:55 PM
Author:blingmyring

Hello everyone, I’m hoping to reset my diamond in a Tiffany Legacy inspired halo and I have some questions about the size of the diamonds in the halo and shank.

1. Are the diamonds in the halo the same size as the diamonds in the shank?

2. Does the size of the diamonds in the halo stay the same regardless of whether the centre stone is a .50 ct or 5.0ct?

3. If the halo size does change with the size of the center diamond, does anyone want to guess the size of the diamonds in the halo for a 1.5ct centre?

Thanks so much !

The answers to all of your questions come down to personal experience, when I had my own halo done I didn''t specify anything and I left it all up to the ring designer. I can answer your questions specific to my ring...

1. On my ring all of the small stones are 1 point each with the exception of the two surprise stones which are 2 pointers.

2. Again I think this would depend on how big of a halo you want, my stone is just over 1 ct. and my halo stones are 1 point each.

3. Again personal preference, it think it also would depend on the measurements of your diamond, a 1.5ct round will be very different spread wise from a 1.5ct asscher. I prefer dainty halos so I wouldn''t go to be on the melee.

blingmyring

Shiny_Rock
Hi Asscherhalo, thank you for replying ! Your answer is very helpful and YOUR RING IS BEAUTIFUL ! I too want a ''dainty'' halo and from what I''ve seen on PS I should be looking at 1 pointers. If you don''t mind my asking, how wide is the shank of your ring and how wide is the halo (edge to edge). I''m now off to find a thread on your ring so I can continue to admire it
1.gif

blingmyring

Shiny_Rock
Asscherhalo, I just found the thread - your set is BEYOND BEAUTIFUL
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I didn''t realize that your asscher is bezel set; may I now ask for the measurement from halo edge to bezel edge of your asscher (hope that makes sense)? I''m wondering how many mm will be added to my finished ring. Thanks again !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results