shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Rich....Can you help me with a DiamCalc Report???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bobby2175

Rough_Rock
Rich,

I know your very busy, but my months of reading up on this forum have told me that you''ll help anyone in need! I''m considering purchasing a diamond online, and want to have a little more confidence before I make a purchase without actually seeing it. If you have the time, do you think you can run a DiamCalc for me on the following stone:

GIA Cert
Carat: 1.419
Color: E
Clarity: SI1
Meas: 7.25X7.31X4.42
Depth %: 60.7
Table %: 56.1
Pav Angle: 40.9
Crown Angle: 32.9
Polish: VG
Symm: VG
Culet: .5
Girdle Thin to Medium

Scores a .7 on HCA.

Let me know if I left some info out that you need.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

And thanks to everyone else on this forum...I''ve learned so much from all of the discussions! And if anyone else has any advice for me, please let me know.

Thanks.

Bobby C.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
That looks like quite some stone you're considering, Bobby.

An AGA 1B, or AGS 1, it has a impressive set of numbers on the DiamCalc Light Return Analysis, as well as a great simulated IdealScope image. They pretty much confirm that outstanding 0.7 HCA score.

A POSSIBLE image is recreated with the DiamCalc software showing the following light return analysis:

Light Return (mono)…...: 1.01 Very Good
Light Return (stereo)…..: 0.98 Very Good
(Non) Leakage (mono)..: 1.03 Very Good
(Non) Leakage (stereo).: 1.05 Very Good+
Contrast............................: 0.96 Very Good
(Non) FishEye Effect…...: 1.00 Very Good

-----------
IdealScope- In general, the darker pink areas indicate areas of greater light return, with the lighter pink areas indicating areas of lesser light return. The black areas indicate areas of greater contrast, with the gray areas indicating areas of lesser contrast. The white areas indicate areas of light leakage. A good explanation of the IdealScope image along with examples can be found at https://www.pricescope.com/idealscope_indx.asp

Disclaimer- The facet arrangement and symmetry of the image will probably vary from your actual diamond, which may affect the light performance indicated, sometimes dramatically. The computer generates an image with “perfect” symmetry, which is rare. Also, the star/lower girdle facet lengths may be different from your diamond. The computer simulation is reproduced best when the actual diamond is being viewed and the image "tweaked" to the appearance of the diamond, or Sarin info is downloaded directly into the program. However, this "blind" reproduction should be helpful in considering the major light performance aspects.
-----------

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
We sold a stone with similar proportions yesterday.
I like them - great spread and lots of life
1.gif

bobby2175

Rough_Rock
Rich, Garry,

Thank you both for your help. You have now solidified my selection. Just a few more questions.

I've been able to negotiate the price down to $7850 on this stone. Your thoughts?

Rich, I don't know enough about DiamCalc...is the simulated image in a .gem file? If so, and if you still have it, I'd really appreciate it if you could post it. I think I can view it in GemAdvisor.

And finally...all of this searching, and learning about diamonds has really interested me in the industry, not only from the trading side of it, but also the engineer in me wants to better understand the analytical research that has been done in the field (HCA, DiamCalc, etc).

What is the best way to get more involved? I can really see myself one day trading diamonds, and helping to further develop the analytical theory that drives tools like HCA and DiamCalc.

I've even considered taking some of the GIA courses.

You guys are the experts, though, and I'd really like to hear what you think.

Maybe I've just gone nuts...
errrr.gif

Thanks again.

Bobby C.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Should be a real beauty! Great combo of #'s!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results