shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling MaggieB-

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Chelle0511

Rough_Rock
Hello! I have read some of your previous threads and wanted to inquire regarding your wedding. Did you wed at Palmetto''s Waterside Chapel? I emailed them an inquiry, and in reply it says that all Saturday weddings must be complete by 1:00pm. Did you marry a different day of the week for the evening ceremony, and was your reception held elsewhere?

Thank you for your time!

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, I have no idea why they would say that. I guess it is a new policy? It doesn''t make sense to me though. I did get married in the evening - candlelight actually.

Sorry I couldn''t be more help. It is a fabulous place to get married and I could not recommend it more highly.

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
My husband says that he remembers someone telling him that they allow two weddings on Saturdays so if you have an afternoon wedding, it has to be completed early enough to allow time for the second wedding. Maybe that''s it?

Chelle0511

Rough_Rock
Did you have your reception here also?

Maybe that is the difference...this is how the e-mail I received reads -

To host a wedding and reception at Palmetto Bluff, overnight group accommodations are required. We require 10 cottages for 2 nights for a Saturday wedding and 5 cottages for 2 nights for Friday and Sunday weddings at an average rate of $450-$700 depending on the season, per lagoon view cottage per night.

Friday and Sunday ceremonies are limited to 50 people.

Waterside Chapel:

$2,000 site fee
Romantic setting on the banks of the May River
Seats a maximum of 90 guests
Saturday ceremony-only events (receptions held off-property) must conclude by 1 p.m.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like they''re saying if you''re not having your reception there, you need to be done by 1pm. This seems to only apply to people who only have their ceremony there, no reception. Are you doing your ceremony and reception there? I would just call them to clarify.

tylerswife

Rough_Rock
If you have your wedding on any other day than Saturday, you dont have to meet the 10 cottage minimum.

The 1pm deadline only applies if your reception is being held elsewhere.

If you have your wedding there on Saturday you have to rent the ballroom and it has a 20k food and beverage minimum, not including your rental fee for the chapel and ballroom space. However, if you choose a Friday (like me) or any other day, you have a choice where you would like to have your reception and there is no 20k minimum. I''m actually having my reception in the Golf grill.

Also, I''m having an evening wedding. The golf grill doesnt close until 3. So, in order to accomodate my guests there is no way I could have had a morning ceremony. So, i think that maybe there is some misinterpretation of the email. you may just want to call and talk to a living person. The ladies there are more than willing to answer your questions and you''d be more likely to get a more accurare picture of what to expect.

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone:) You know more than I did!

My wedding was an unusual situation from the start. We were at first told that we couldn''t have the reception on the day we chose because it was the night of the owner''s Christmas party - so the ballroom was booked. We ended up being able to hold it that night without the minimum number of guests ONLY because the ballroom wasn''t available for one of their big ticket weddings. Our wedding was so small, and I wanted the wine cellar from the beginning. I guess they figured a little bit of Saturday money was better than nothing at all!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results