shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Lula.....

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lula,
I came across an old thread from last year https://www.pricescope.com/communit...red-band-from-whiteflash.141258/?hilit=etoile
How are you liking your scattered band? Are you wearing it as much as you thought you would? I'd love to see handshots of yours.
My DH and I travel to Europe almost yearly and I was thinking of getting a band to wear in place of my halo ering. Just wanted to know your thoughts if you have a chance.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Hi, tigian,
I loved my scattered band from WF. I ordered the 4 mm width. The ACA diamonds looked great, and the band is perfectly proportioned and very elegant. I received a lot of compliments on it.

I ordered it a half-size larger to accommodate the wider width of the band (and to accommodate the fact that my fingers always swell when I fly -- don't know why that is). It is perfect for travel, and I wore it quite a bit when traveling for business and for vacation. It's just enough bling so that it feels dressier than a plain band, but it doesn't shout "look at me" -- and it's comfortable!

But, ordering it in a half-size larger turned out to be a mistake, because a few months after I ordered the band, I lost a lot of weight and it was way too big for me, so I sold it. Whiteflash's sizing is generous, so that may have been part of the problem, too; I probably could have ordered my regular ring size and been just fine.

I miss it, and would love to own another one, but I learned the hard way that if your fingers change size, you run the risk of having a ring you can't wear. I spoke to Renee at WF about this and she said she thought the ring could be sized, but I'm not really sure how they'd be able to size it and maintain the even spacing between the diamonds. Maybe someone from WF will chime in on this, since it's come up in a few threads.

This band is thick (in height) so it pairs nicely with eternity bands. I don't have a lot of photos of it, but here are a few real-life photos of it with my vintage half-eternity (11 stones, approximately 7 - 8 pointers).

Hope this helps!

CIMG1437.JPG

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Close-up view -- I did ask my jeweler to put a matte finish on the ring.

CIMG1436.JPG

Lula

Ideal_Rock
In its box...size 8.5, and big, even in these photos that were taken before I'd lost much weight. But I appreciated the larger size after a long flight :twirl:

CIMG1498.JPG

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your input, Lula. Sounds like I should put it on my near-future-wishlist.
I brought the subject up to my DH and he was saying I was just looking for an excuse for new jewelry. :praise: He told me my e-ring was not large enough to warrant a travel band. Maybe, maybe.
Anyways, sorry that your band didn't work out in terms of sizing. Were you trying to lose weight or did it just happen? I know that I have ordered my eternity bands slightly larger (knowing that they can't be re-sized) and kind of wish they fit better...paranoia of having tight rings, although my ring size hasn't changed in many years, you never know.
Thanks for your time!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
LOL -- that is the same thing my DH said!

But I was less concerned with theft and more concerned about damaging my ring while dealing with luggage, especially with a halo setting that sits up high. We were also planning to do a lot of hiking on vacation, so I think that's what convinced DH that a travel band would make sense. And I do think a "travel band" is a wise purchase for those of us who wear halos or other fancy settings -- I did wear the ring a lot and it was nice to have something other than a plain band for the times I wasn't wearing my halo.

Although I *needed* to lose weight, I didn't expect to lose weight; I was diagnosed with a GI disorder and the weight loss was a pleasant side effect of the treatment. I'm doing okay now, but still slowly losing weight. So right now I have no idea what my "final" size will be; plus, my finger size can vary by a whole size from morning to night, due to weather, how much salt I consume, etc., so I am just not a good candidate for non-sizeable rings.

So I think you are wise to consider sizing issues with this band, especially if you like to wear your rings loose, like I do. I have never tried sizing beads, but I think they might be a good way to deal with the fluctuations in my ring size due to weather, etc.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results