shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling KITTENKAT!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Kittenkat - I truly love your ring -
I noted you had the ring done at Eli''s, but then the bands done at Yale. Was there a particular reason you changed jewelers?
Thanks!

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Hi there,

My hubby's boss had been going to Yale - and let us know all about them. Eli's was awesome to work with - but getting downtown is a pain in the booty. (I live on the Westside.)

I have a few jewelers I work with for different things. Honestly, I haven't been back to Eli's since I got my ring. Santa Monica is just so much easier to get to.

The owner of Yale, Joe, is a wonderful man. He works his tail off to make sure he delivers what we want. And he gave us such great deals. We're working on getting a fancy yellow through him currently.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 3:08:21 PM
Author: KittenKat
Hi there,

My hubby''s boss had been going to Yale - and let us know all about them. Eli''s was awesome to work with - but getting downtown is a pain in the booty. (I live on the Westside.)

I have a few jewelers I work with for different things. Honestly, I haven''t been back to Eli''s since I got my ring. Santa Monica is just so much easier to get to.

The owner of Yale, Joe, is a wonderful man. He works his tail off to make sure he delivers what we want. And he gave us such great deals. We''re working on getting a fancy yellow through him currently.
Exactly - I am over here too - the drive to Eli''s is difficult and Yale is convenient. I went and visited Eli''s after someone else posted something on an LA thread about your having gotten your ring at Eli''s - I clicked on the link, saw your ring, and did not pass go, did not collect $200, but got myself right down to Eli''s to check them out! They were wonderful people, with beautiful rings, but downtown is just so difficult to get to (and park, etc, etc). I then was looking some more to see how happy you were with your ring and realized you had gone to Yale and was wondering if there were quality problems with Eli''s. I then went to Yale which is MUCH closer (they have your bands on their website!), and I loved the saleslady (she has a beautiful KittenKat copy ring - right down to the scrollwork. pink diamonds, and it is even an OEC!!!) I wondered if she had seen your ring when you had your bands made and loved it so much she had one made too! I liked Joe too. I am glad to know the pricing was good - I didn''t have an actual design in mind to get an estimate on, as I guess I was looking for something to grab me in the store - they did note that they do mostly custom work. I thought that SM would be much pricier than downtown, but now that you note the prices were pretty good, when I find a design to do I will definitely go back, as they were super nice and the convenience is a major plus!

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
As far as I know, they''ve done a lot of pink diamond items.

And 2 years ago, my ring was unique!!! Now, I''ve seen quite a few people with very, very similar designs. Even a close friend of mine, had her 2.5ct OMC set in a halo of pinks. (Another yummy ring) Gregg Ruth, Beaudry etc have really pushed the colored diamonds into the mainstream.

Now I''d like to work on a micropave pink bracelet... someday
18.gif

No quality issues with Eli''s - I am just too lazy to drive that direction. Hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results