carat
color
clarity

Calling Kenny-cute video!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, thanks. What a special birdie! :kiss2:

I didn't know a wild parrot, especially a member of a flock, could be that tame and desire affection from a human.
I wonder whether he was raised by humans.
But then I'd be surprised that it would have the social skills to function in, and be accepted into, a flock.

This confounds me, and I love it.
I've always thought of tame vs. wild as a very black and white thing in parrots, with no overlapping gray area possible.
Wild birds taking food handouts is one thing, but this parrot clearly formed a very close social bond with the woman.
I love having my "knowledge" challenged.

Thanks so much for posting. :clap:
This is amazing.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG, thanks. What a special birdie! :kiss2:

I didn't know a wild parrot, especially a member of a flock, could be that tame and desire affection from a human.
I wonder whether he was raised by humans.
But then I'd be surprised that it would have the social skills to function in, and be accepted into, a flock.

This confounds me, and I love it.
I've always thought of tame vs. wild as a very black and white thing in parrots, with no overlapping gray area possible.
Wild birds taking food handouts is one thing, but this parrot clearly formed a very close social bond with the woman.
I love having my "knowledge" challenged.

Thanks so much for posting. :clap:
This is amazing.

Sorry I’ve been MIA (I’ve been sewing masks for local healthcare workers about 12 hours a day)...

I keep coming back to watch the video. It’s adorable and you’re right, the dynamic between the birds is interesting. It did take a while for him to be accepted by the flock.

Either way, gorgeous birds and a joy to watch! Glad you enjoyed it @kenny!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What an amazing place to live!!!!
Imagine having a terrace like that.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
=)2

... and kudos to you for making masks for our heros! :clap:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The birds in the video are lorikeets. They are beautiful nectar eaters. Far better to have them outside, lol. I wish I lived in a place that had wild parrots like that.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I also saw a rose headed Cockatoo

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah yes, a Galah Cockatoo.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results