shape
carat
color
clarity

calling julabean / Paris, Las Vegas Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
So... how''d it go? Did I miss the wedding wrap up thread? I''m starting to plan for a Vegas wedding in the fall of 2009, and I have the same 3 chapel choices you had. Advice? Remarks? *Pictures*?

Anything, really, to feed my current procrastination spell.
2.gif

julabean

Shiny_Rock
Hi pjean! You haven''t missed anything because I''ve been bad and not posted any pictures. Work exploded as soon as we got back from Vegas, so I''ve been working some major overtime. (Not a bad thing, because now I have enough comp time banked for our honeymoon!)

So. Vegas. The Paris was FANTASTIC. I know the hotel might not be everyone''s cup of tea, but for us, it was fabulous. Our wedding planner, Ali, was professional, helpful, and very, very easy going. She made it so I was basically creating things the day of to stress out about because I had nothing else to worry about! Everyone else we ran into in the chapel (and we stopped by a few times to drop off our marriage license, meet with the photographer, etc.) were also very easy to get along with.

We got married in the larger of the Paris chapels - Chappelle d''Paradis. If you decide to go with Paris, go with this chapel. The other, smaller chapel is kind of tacky.

Our package included an extra hour of photography on the property and if I could do anything differently, I would have shelled out the extra money for another hour! Our photographer, for never having met the guy and kind of flying by the seat of our pants, was fun and easygoing and our pictures are fabulous. (You have the option of buying the rights to the pictures...BUDGET FOR THIS.)

Other things I loved: my flowers looks EXACTLY like I wanted them to, our guitar player was very, very good, and I was able to customize the ceremony so I could have a reading.

Things to keep in mind for a Vegas wedding:
-the line at the marriage bureau license place is going to be very, very long!
-also, you''re going to see some people there who are very, very interesting!
-random people will come up and take pictures of you
-...while your photographer is trying to take your pictures.

It was a lot of fun, which was really our goal. Everyone had a good time. I''ll post some pictures because I haven''t yet and if I don''t do it now, I probably won''t!

julabean

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I started my own picture thread because you''ve inspired me to post some. But before I log off and go to bed, I realized I didn''t ask if you had any specific questions! If you want numbers, have random questions about receptions, anything, let me know!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, reception. Groan! That''s going to be our big problem. We both want a small wedding, but we have different definitions of "small", and so I have a horrible feeling we''re going to end up trying to plan a reception for 75 or so that won''t break the bank.

I had wanted to book a private room at Mon Ami Gabi, but I think we''ll have too many people. Now I''m looking at catering lists and prices and hyperventilating. Fortunately, we''ve agreed that we aren''t going to deal with budget and guest list until after we move (27th June, yikes!).

If you don''t mind, what did you do for a reception, how many people did you have, and did you like it?

Thanks again for posting, and I''m so glad you had fun!

julabean

Shiny_Rock
For the reception, I had been leaning towards having a smaller wedding than we did and having everyone go out to dinner. My mother felt that dinner was "not enough" and our smaller wedding ended up being 20 plus people bigger. We had our reception at the Star Trek Experience at the Las Vegas Hilton, of all places, and it was pretty much the most awesome wedding reception ever. Very unique, but everyone had a good time! My parents paid for the reception, so I don''t have exact numbers on that, but it was less than what having 55 people at a restaurant for dinner would have been. We had our rehearsal dinner at Cheeseburger Las Vegas in Planet Hollywood, which also does receptions. I understand about the catering menu - oh my god, I almost died when I priced a possible reception at Paris! No thanks!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I''m a little bummed. I had hoped to be able to have everything in one place, but I guess as long as it''s all on the strip, it won''t be too much traipsing around. (And looking at the hotel map, it might be just as far inside the hotel as it would be to go somewhere else!)

Certainly the Paris is winning me over by their quick responses! Bellagio still hasn''t sent me even an initial response. Boo!

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
hi....I got married in Vegas last month. I agonized over the chapel, and went with the Flamingo. It was a great decision, not only was it a fraction of the price of the other hotels, they actively worked with me to keep my budget down, giving me a weekday package on a Saturday evening at 7:30.
(I learned about it on this site)
The place was so much prettier than I expected, it is hard to understand how there is so much nature right on the strip.
It is busy, there were brides before and after me, but somehow it was all fun.
The chapel office is also kind of hard to find, so allow a few minutes extra.
Also I did have to pay fees to bring my own photographer and minister,which is pretty typical, but not the best part of the vegas wedding biz.
We took the monorail there, which made for the best pictures!
They also dealt well with my late MOH.
I had a festive dinner for 12 at Rao's in CP. It was good, but very expensive.They also have a lot of rules when you book, it was kind of a pain.
I must say my cake there was the bargain of a lifetime though...120$ and the best wedding cake ever.
If you can give me an email, I can send you a link to my website.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got married at The Bellagio in Vegas, in March 2006. I think I have some pics in my gallery images somewhere. If not, I''ll upload a few.

We got married on a Thursday, which helped curb costs, but the best part of getting married at The Bellagio, was the significant discount on room rates. We got our Bellagio suite for about $120 a night - normally $300!

The appeal, to me, was that i only had to tell them what colours to have on my bouquet, and how long I wanted the photographer for. Given the chance to do it again, I would use the in-house photographer for the wedding, but hire another talented photographer to do some pics on the strip, Red Rock, etc.

Here are some of our Bellagio photog pics.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Outside.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
First kiss and a shot inside the chapel.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Outside again. It was too windy (and cold) to have the wedding outside by the fountains. We got married March 9th - it snowed in Summerlin (Vegas "suburb") the next day!

original.aspx

julabean

Shiny_Rock
Lauren, your pictures are so great! We didn''t look at Bellagio because we didn''t want to tempt ourselves... Sigh. Our families didn''t make it possible to have a wedding mid-week, but if we were going to elope, Bellagio would have been it! We snuck over before our ceremony and took pictures inside and near the fountains. :)

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
Sorry this doesn''t show more...my pro pix are too big to upload.

613863189110_0_ALB.jpg

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, these are great! I wish I could consider the Flamingo, but the last time FI and I were in Vegas, we went walking in the Flamingo''s gardens and I went head first down some stairs (totally my fault - I had a torn ligament and my ankle just disappeared out from under me). A lot of blood, 5 hours and 5 stitches later, FI definitely does not want to return with me! He says next time I''d probably break my neck.

The Bellagio is actually on the list of possible locations, especially since I may not get my wish to have everything (wedding, reception, and rooms) all under one roof. Lauren, did they give you a discount for guests'' rooms too, or just your own? Also, how were they in terms of communication? I''ve heard mixed reviews.

Certainly my FMIL is very pro-Bellagio, and it''s because of her that we aren''t eloping, so maybe she''d like to pay for it.
2.gif

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, newsysuzy, for posting the link to the rest of your photos. You look so joyful! Seeing those pictures has definitely hammered home the point to me that "joyful" is probably my biggest priority for my wedding.

(No Elvis for me though, my mother insisted.
2.gif
)

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
I am soooo sorry that happened to you.
It''s not on the strip, but the lobby and gardens and rooms at Green Valley ranch are really pretty. I never saw it, but the chapel at the Tropicana looked really pretty online. I think the prices are good as well.
I stay at the Hilton every year, but I am not the biggest fan of their outdoor or indoor wedding area.
You could probably also do a wedding at red rock through any of the independent chapels.There is a really pretty looking dark wood chapel that is also near the strip, I can''t remember the name, but it was nice looking. Also the fountain area of the Wynn is stunning, and away from the wind and traffic.
One thing I will say for Bellagio, it smells beautiful! I am also a big fan of Mandalay, but the chapel was pretty pricey. The Paris is very pretty...good luck whatever you do!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2008 7:19:29 PM
Author: pjean
Oh, these are great! I wish I could consider the Flamingo, but the last time FI and I were in Vegas, we went walking in the Flamingo''s gardens and I went head first down some stairs (totally my fault - I had a torn ligament and my ankle just disappeared out from under me). A lot of blood, 5 hours and 5 stitches later, FI definitely does not want to return with me! He says next time I''d probably break my neck.

The Bellagio is actually on the list of possible locations, especially since I may not get my wish to have everything (wedding, reception, and rooms) all under one roof. Lauren, did they give you a discount for guests'' rooms too, or just your own? Also, how were they in terms of communication? I''ve heard mixed reviews.

Certainly my FMIL is very pro-Bellagio, and it''s because of her that we aren''t eloping, so maybe she''d like to pay for it.
2.gif
Honestly, I never asked.
6.gif

My parents and sister, and most of our friends, were at the Paris or Bally''s, or with family friends at their homes, as Las Vegas is my hometown.

I only planned my wedding within 8 weeks, so in that 8 weeks, I had great communication. My bridal consultant was incredibly patient and had great ideas, knowing I had other things to deal with - like actually being proposed to - then planning a wedding. I opted to just leave the regular flowers in the chapel, and the only add-ons I had were for my sister''s bouquet and a few other boutennires.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/19/2008 8:11:57 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I had other things to deal with - like actually being proposed to - then planning a wedding.

LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results