shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling @joelly - Getting ready for Baby

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Emergency c section is now scheduled today 8 am. Due to preeclampsia symptoms I’ve been having since yesterday. High BP, protein in my urine and excessive swelling. Please pray for us. It’s going down in 2 hrs. :eek-2:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Many good thoughts and vibes are coming your way!! ((Hugs))

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@joelly I am thinking about you and hope everything went smoothly. (((Hug)))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything crossed that it all went well.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow! I'm 66, had one son at 35 other at 39. I thought my deep, dark dirty secret was I didn't bond with my first son, I felt miserable, what I thought would be great was really hard, plus both times I wanted a girl, did not want boys.. I wouldn't change a thing today.

I just felt fear, fear he'd die, fear he'd get sick, FEAR I WASN'T A GOOD MOTHER, fear fear fear, but as all here say, time does help and finally I feel I was a good mother and my son's tell me I was.. not sure I was ever ready to have a kid really, life happened to me more than I controlled my life.

I had gestational diabetes, cholistatis of pregnancy, nausea, I itched for months (that was the liver thing and I don't even want to go into how the doctors were idiots).

But I too had my son give me a huge diamond he bought with his cub-scout pack years ago, they went to a rock place and he saw the big plastic diamond and gave it to me for mother's day, I blabbered and I still blabber when I look at it, this son also gave me all his rings he acquired playing little kid video games with his tickets. I mean you just can't understand this love and with that goes guilt for me, be nice to yourself, you deserve it, I read today that pregnancy causes the female body to almost go past what is humanly possible to experience, that says a lot to me.

I never breast fed either kid, and both are computer programmers today. They are math heads and logic guys.. screw what every one thinks and says.

I think motherhood is only enjoyable in hindsight - as I said, I wouldn't change a thing. (and I now have a 7 week old granddaughter! so I got my girl finally ;-) )

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow I should read the whole thread! sending dust for a wonderful experience! come back when you can.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hope that you and baby are both happy and healthy!

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
awww Joelly, she is precious Congrats!!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!! She is beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing with us! I wish you a speedy recovering from your c-section!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have some diapers size 1 and 2. Are these good for now?
Congrats!, Please let me know if you need help changing diapers. :bigsmile:

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:kiss2: she is beautiful! congratulations mamma! I hope that you are feeling ok after your whirlwind delivery

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! No matter what happens, or how you feel, it definitely gets better! When they are 30 years old, they are lifesavers, and generally just great people you couldn't do without. Try to keep that in mind. And if you think 30 years is a long time, it just flies by.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well done and congratulations @joelly, she’s lovely.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @joelly!! She is absolutely beautiful and just so precious. I hope you can get some rest here and there, and do keep us posted on things when you have time. But most of all take time for yourself as that will benefit everything else. Congratulations again!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! She’s beautiful!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg she’s gorgeous! Congratulations to you all! :appl:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joelly! she is lovely, a good size for sure. Girl you did GREAT! now they will make you get up and walk and walk etc, after Csects they want you moving. Congratulations.. remember we are here with questions.. xo

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@joelly ..I had two c-sections..I found my bed pillow over my incision on my lap helped when I was holding the baby. It provided a cushion over the incision so the baby could rest on it instead of on it directly. When I fed the baby I used two to bring the baby up higher..A nursing pillow is great but in the first few weeks you’ll need a little something extra there..The bed pillow made it much more comfortable for me. You will heal quickly but don’t over do....You’ll be excited you had the baby..and may feel ambitious..Resist that urge and rest and nap when the baby is sleeping..:kiss2: She is absolutely precious!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS baby!!! @joelly you did great! I’m so hopeful for you and your family and I’m so glad you had this outpouring of support here.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I'm so so so pleased for you @joelly!!

Well done mumma, what a gorgeous baby girl. Take these next early steps on your own terms and fall heard in love with baby.
Come back here frequently and ask as many questions as you need to.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow she is gorgeous and so serene in that photo. Hope you are feeling ok.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I love to give advice! Two things come to mind right now:

1) A lot of the things I and the other mothers I knew at the time agonized over don't matter that much in the long run. Now that all the kids are grown, I can't tell the bottle fed, family bed, homeschooled, daycare kids from the breastfed, sleep trained, public school, stay-home mom kids at all.

2) If someone- anyone- is judgy and non-supportive of your parenting without damn good cause, don't tell them your business anymore. It saved us tons of unhappiness, once we caught on to this simple trick.

3) For those who have a partner, don't forget each other. Date night is not an extra, it's a necessity.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @joelly ! She is beautiful bad that head of hair! How are you feeling after delivery? Did you give her a name?

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Beautiful name!!

Now listen my dear, it hasn't even been a week since you had a c section! no one in their right mind is expecting you to be recovered in any way. Be kind to yourself hun! How is hubby adjusting, are you getting some helpful support from him and family/friends?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s lovely @joelly, such a pretty name.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!!! Samantha is beautiful @joelly . You have so many wonderful amazing adventures ahead of you with this sweet little one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results