shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Freke!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, Queen of Clean!

I think I remember reading that you were not only once List Keeper yourself, but that you were also the "cleaning helper" (for lack of a better title) to another List Keeper.. So my question to you is...
What is the easiest and quickest way to "clean" the LIW list? lol.

Do I do a search for each girls name individually and see when their last post was? Or is there a better way to do it?

Thanks!
1.gif

-Jaylex

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh goodness. Funny you should ask me this, I''ve been "cleaning" the BIW list over the past few days (it hasn''t been posted yet) When I had a free couple of hours I''d go through, and the names I didn''t recognize from seeing recently and frequently (Bia, Elle, fiery, etc) would get searched, and I''d find their last post and go from there.

Another way of doing it is if there is a big section that you haven''t seen posts from in a while (say, the posters who sign up, and then never post again), then go back to the list where they were first listed, and they should be there, requesting to be added along the same pages. Does that make sense?

Unfortunately some posters use common items (pickles, PostIt, are a couple I remember) and searching for them can be a PITA.

I have to run to puppy class, but I''ll think about it and post again later if I remember anything else that would be helpful!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 9:33:38 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Oh goodness. Funny you should ask me this, I''ve been ''cleaning'' the BIW list over the past few days (it hasn''t been posted yet) When I had a free couple of hours I''d go through, and the names I didn''t recognize from seeing recently and frequently (Bia, Elle, fiery, etc) would get searched, and I''d find their last post and go from there.

Another way of doing it is if there is a big section that you haven''t seen posts from in a while (say, the posters who sign up, and then never post again), then go back to the list where they were first listed, and they should be there, requesting to be added along the same pages. Does that make sense?

Unfortunately some posters use common items (pickles, PostIt, are a couple I remember) and searching for them can be a PITA.

I have to run to puppy class, but I''ll think about it and post again later if I remember anything else that would be helpful!
Yeah, i found that out the hard way lol.. but i just searched for them by author instead. The other PITA are the ones whose names are incorrect on the list.
32.gif

Thank you so much for the tips!
21.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, the names being incorrect on the list is ALWAYS a doozy. I remember going back through a lot of earlier lists and trying to figure it all out...

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
yeah.. but it's in the job description so I'll get used to it!
Another question you may be able to help with:
When I first posted the new list, I used the "msg admin" button to let them know that I was the new ListKeeper and I requested to have the new list stickied.
It's been a few days now, and it's still not "stuck". Should I assume that they are just super busy and will sticky it soon or should I assume that my request didn't go through and resend it? Like I said, it's only been a few days but I seem to remember the other lists getting stickied right away.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results