shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling FallenRox

T

talamasca

:wavey: how's the ring design coming along for Grace?

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
talamasca|1316599712|3022028 said:
:wavey: how's the ring design coming along for Grace?

Hey you!

I've found this whole process to be much more trying than I thought, in many ways!
As to how it's going, very well at this point. She still isn't set, but I know who is making the ring at least. lol
I tried to figure out a happy medium with the original GL vendor for the setting price but no go... so ... I left!

The challenge now, is time. My man drew the design, I'll see if I can attach it here. It's evolved 3 or 4 times and rather
than posting repeatedly here, I just said to heck with it, I'll post pics when I'm done. :D
(Still deciding on double prongs or not...)

Thank you kindly for asking, and sorry I'm late. Business is craaaazy right now.

You still happy with your beauty???

SideDesignPossibility2.jpg

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, my goodness! That is a gorgeous design!

PositivelyPeanut

Shiny_Rock
Wow, can't wait to see the finished product!

T

talamasca

Oooooooo my it looks really lovely - the detailing's fab :love: :love: :love:

I'm glad you've found a Jeweller you're happy with and I really think it's best not to rush the process, as I found out the hard way!

With regard to my ring it's sat at home in its box :(sad. I'll be having it re-made in the next few months as the shank is way too thin and I caught it and bent the setting 45 degree, which I managed to push back relatively straight, but I dont think my stone is that safe in it now! I'm trying to find a Jeweller I can trust, which I think is the hardest part.

Really looking forward to seeing your finished ring :D

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the sweet comments guys! appreiciated :)

@Talamasca- BUMMER!! but at least you know more about what you're doing now. It'll be nice to have it just the way you want it in the end.

I go today to talk about my cads and onward we go! *fingers crossed* lol

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful design!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks great at this point, I also look forward to seeing the finished product!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The design is amazing :love: Is your guy an architect or illustrator? That is really impeccable drawing and a great design.

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
minousbijoux|1318111612|3036186 said:
The design is amazing :love: Is your guy an architect or illustrator? That is really impeccable drawing and a great design.

Thanks! (to everyone) :)

and yes, my love is an artist- as am I- but he is way more versatile in that he does highly detailed illustrations but also works in layout design, creative concept art and branding for the gaming industry. He's never done a ring before but since I have 4 spinels I want to set, he isn't done yet ... now that I've seen what he can do. :naughty:

I'm told pics the first week of December, and final product before Christmas.
*fingers crossed*

And happy Thanksgiving to everyone reading this!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I'm really looking forward to seeing how this one turns out, FallenRox! I love the designs your SO created--so nice that you have an "in house" design team ;))

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Well................. ended up canning the first experience and are cruising through the next one.
I'm not even giving up hope :)

Found a wonderful jeweler, wax modeler, CAD designer. He's eclectic, loves many of the same things we do and seems to feel like our project is a great fit. I just can't handle the go between with having the CAD designer in what seems to be an untouchable capacity. Just feels weird. Sooo, should have something in a couple weeks.

In the mean time, and this is a bit off topic, so if I need to move this post altogether, I will....

I created a dedication image to the precious colored gemstones/gemstone lovers that I've grown to appreciate on this site.
(And I'll update as soon as I have new goods to share)

<3

~Precious Gem~

Precious gem smaller.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring has a very gothic feel to it, including the greyish spinel you've worked so hard on obtaining. It's really going to be an amazing piece of art once it's done. Can't wait!

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so jealous of your hubby's artistry and yours as well... It must be so cool to be able to see other worlds in your mind, and to actually articulate them on paper! It is like a totally new language that I'll never master.

Please keep us posted on the ongoing process! I love that new image of the fairy in the prongs

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
TL|1327463367|3111114 said:
The ring has a very gothic feel to it, including the greyish spinel you've worked so hard on obtaining. It's really going to be an amazing piece of art once it's done. Can't wait!

thanks TL! I'm kinda dying over here but apparently it's my lesson in life to learn patience.
I'm still not very good at it. :)

Hope you are well!

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
TristanC|1327480320|3111201 said:
I'm so jealous of your hubby's artistry and yours as well... It must be so cool to be able to see other worlds in your mind, and to actually articulate them on paper! It is like a totally new language that I'll never master.

Please keep us posted on the ongoing process! I love that new image of the fairy in the prongs

*blush* Thank you!! I can't draw worth a hoot, but give me a digital medium and I'm in my own world.
I'm hoping he continues to have a desire to sketch ring designs because I have about 4 other spinel stones that I want
to set. :D

Might do a whole series on "gem fairies" it was quite fun.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FallenRox, very cool pic! Gem Fairies, yeah!! :appl: They should totally have one of those in the "smilies" section over on the right. =)

TristanC, I have to say that I've really enjoyed your way with words lately!

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
NKOTB|1327728075|3113645 said:
FallenRox, very cool pic! Gem Fairies, yeah!! :appl: They should totally have one of those in the "smilies" section over on the right. =)

TristanC, I have to say that I've really enjoyed your way with words lately!

Thank you! I design smilies too, but that one might be a big tough at that size. :)
(update to follow) :naughty:

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Cad Designer 2 - Take 1

This is not complete, but I am breathing a huge sign of relief to find that there seems to be a solid
foundation of a wonderful partnership with our new designer.

I'm told the wax model will be ready next week.
Still detail to add on the sides and prongs to split, but this is definitely more like it!

Lee preview ring.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa! very nice! the CAD looks really super lovely!plat or white gold??

-A

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Arcadian|1328298487|3118420 said:
Whoa! very nice! the CAD looks really super lovely!plat or white gold??

-A

Thank you Arcadian! I'm soooo happy!

White gold most likely, but I might get a quote on platinum depending on what tax season brings. :D

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Oh, woooow. That is stunningly exquisite. :love: :love: :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
This is one of the rare times when a ring looks delicate and fluid on a CAD on the first try. Great job!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1328301566|3118458 said:
This is one of the rare times when a ring looks delicate and fluid on a CAD on the first try. Great job!

So true! :appl:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There isn't much more I can say, other than :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

T

talamasca

O.M.G. it's looking absolutely stunning :love: :love:

It flows really well. I bet you can't wait for it to be finished :D

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!!

I got to see the wax model of it yesterday and I got to see Grace perched in her new throne for the first time.
Needless to say we were ecstatic.

After having taken a long look at all the nooks and crannies, we decided the the split in the "V" shape toward the
prongs needed to be widened a bit so that the curvy heart shape could open up a bit, thus allowing the whole top part
of the design to slide down a bit. (and of course splitting the prongs)

Scale is a strange thing. Perception of it as well as interpretation. (to me anyway...)

But that's it. Once those small tweaks are made, we'll have another visit and should be on our way to metal :D
I did decide that I'm not fond of super shiny metal, so we're going with a satin finish. I'll likely wear that a while and
then decide if more texture is needed. I didn't know finishes were like accessories to the accessory and you can do
so much with them. Being a texture lover, I was thrilled to know that.

If you want to see more of Lee's work, I can now say that I would highly recommend him for ANY custom project.
And truth be told, although his boutique style store looks as though you might not be able to afford a small charm
for a bracelet with regard to his beautiful presentations..... he saved us hundreds of dollars. Totally unexpected. :appl:

Lee Krombholz- Krombholz Jewelers

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! It's so wonderful to see a happy custom experience.

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
pregcurious|1330487272|3136966 said:
Congratulations! It's so wonderful to see a happy custom experience.

Thank you!! I sure didn't feel like it was going to go that way at times, but now I can't wait to do it again!
We'll be designing bands now, so the adventure isn't over yet. :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results