shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling DancingQueen!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Hi!!! You were so helpful in my house thread, I''m wondering if I can bug you for just one more thing! Can you suggest anyone for home inspections?

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Brickkicker. I believe the owner''s name is Ned Roman. They are listed in the phone book in the white pages under Brickkicker.

I''ve used Ned a few times in the past and he was great.

For our latest purchase, Ned was out of town and we used NPI (National Property Inspections). The inspector was Mark Crowley.

Did you find a house? Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions. I''d be happy to help if I can...

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME! The seller mentioned Brickicker, too...very good. Thanks so much!

We have found a house that we like and we verbally agreed on a price, but there are still some things we''re waiting on (one of which is that another couple may be interested, and if it goes into a bidding war, we''d duck out pretty quickly). I''m trying not to get my hopes up TOO much, but also want to have a plan, because if we do go ahead with this, we''ll probably close before the end of September (!). Otherwise, I think we''ll just try the house hunt again next spring.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Good luck! I hope it works out for you. Where is the house?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
It''s a couple blocks away from Ambrose (north of Locust, of course). The place we rent is about six blocks away from the house, so we''d still be in the general area of where we live currently, and we love this neighborhood. :) Fingers crossed it works out.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Lots of great houses in those neighborhoods! I love Vandeveer Park! Best of luck... Let me know if you have any other questions.

On a different note, we should try for a QC get-together again!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
COMPLETELY agreed on all points! I love this neighborhood - it has so much character. Re QCA g2g - even if we can''t get the whole midwest group together (which I''d like to do!), I''d totally be up for meeting for coffee sometime, too.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
A coffee break always works for me... Weekends are best. How about you?

Maybe some other locals would want to join us too?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Weekends are good for me too. I just put a g2g thread in Hangout, so maybe the other QCers (I think there were 2 others? Is that right?) can do coffee too.

We signed disclosures today and I think we''re giving our formal offer tomorrow (our mortgage person is also the seller which so far has been very convenient), so if everything goes well, the only bad time for me to meet up would be the end of September when we close! DH and I are trying to reel ourselves in a little just in case something happens and we end up not getting the house...we had friends that took back their offer after the home inspection found major problems and it was a huge disappointment to them. It''s so hard to not get excited though!

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock

I replied in the other thread. Thanks for starting it.

I hope the inspection doesn''t turn up any major problems, but it''s better to find out now than later. If it''s meant to be "your house", it will all work out. If not, there will be another one just around the corner!

It seems like we''ve had problems all summer. Our hot water heater went out over the 4th of July weekend. The washing machine (that we bought with the house) broke a few weeks later. The latest is that our air stopped working this past weekend. We just had the service call yesterday and thankfully it was ONLY mice in the outdoor unit. I never would have guessed that!! Hopefully this is the last of it. Just keep in mind that little things always seem to pop up with homes and it''s not always a "major" problem. Unfortunately, we''ve learned that too often the past few months!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results