shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Aussie Pricescopers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rock Your Socks

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to ask if it is reasonable or extremely expensive in your opinions to be charged $80-100AUD to resize a white gold ring up 1 size? Is it just me or does this seem really expensive?!
33.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
yes to me that is really unreasonable however not unheard of.

I did get a quote to have a shank repaired here (it split and was told on PS it probally just needs to be soldered together) cost was $50.

Jewellers here are insanely expensive.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
id say unreasonable, but not unexpected if this is a quote from a ''luxury'' jeweller for want of a better term. In uni i worked for Zamels jewellers (dont buy their jewellery!!) and a ring resize went for about 30 bucks if i remember. We used local jewellers to do the work and rarely had a problem. Though of course if the setting is a complex one you need to be careful.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Unreasonable.

Where did you purchase the ring from? Try going back there they may offer a discounted rate
1.gif

Rock Your Socks

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 11:52:18 PM
Author: Blackpaw
id say unreasonable, but not unexpected if this is a quote from a ''luxury'' jeweller for want of a better term. In uni i worked for Zamels jewellers (dont buy their jewellery!!) and a ring resize went for about 30 bucks if i remember. We used local jewellers to do the work and rarely had a problem. Though of course if the setting is a complex one you need to be careful.
First i wanna say thanks to all who answered, Blackpaw...i didn''t go to any "luxury" jewellers, funny you mention Zamels though as they have just a few months ago opened a store near where i live, anyways i went around to goldmark, prouds, michael hill, angus and coote etc and they are all around the same price mark. I think i might just wait until 3 weeks before my wedding, who knows i might loose enough weight so i don''t have to resize it. It would''nt probably bother me to get it resized and fork over the $80 if it was 3 or 4 sizes up...so frustrating!

Rock Your Socks

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 12:01:24 AM
Author: Dannielle
Unreasonable.

Where did you purchase the ring from? Try going back there they may offer a discounted rate
1.gif
It''s good to know i''m not the only one that thinks that price is unreasonable. Dannielle i got the ring from wallace bishop but they have''nt given me the impression that they would be that accomodating. It''s a good idea though, i will give it a try and see what i can get out of them!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Hi

I recently paid $140 to have a platinum ring resized smaller by about 3 sizes, but they did replate it and make it like new again!

I also had a white gold ring resized several years ago for $60, so the $80 - $100 does seem fair to me.

I wouldn''t be taking it to any chain store though!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 7:44:46 AM
Author: Rock Your Socks
Date: 3/17/2009 12:01:24 AM

Author: Dannielle

Unreasonable.

1.gif

It''s good to know i''m not the only one that thinks that price is unreasonable. Dannielle i got the ring from wallace bishop but they have''nt given me the impression that they would be that accomodating. It''s a good idea though, i will give it a try and see what i can get out of them!

if it is not worn can''t they order one in your size?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results