shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I am super lame/exhausted from third tri fatigue so I'm only going to respond to the posts on this page! Hope that's OK! :wavey: But thinking of you all and always sending prayers and thoughts your way! :appl: :wavey: :appl:

SKIPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look SO beautiful! Wow, I have always admired your beauty inside and out. Motherhood makes you glow and I couldn't be more thrilled for you! Twins!!!!! What a huge huge blessing. Oh, you are looking SO cute with the teeny bump there! GORGEOUS!!!!!!

MARA!!!!!!! Hehehehe, YES! FT! Can't believe it and oh my gosh, you are so right. Time is moving SO slowly. I feel like this pregnancy took 3 years. DH and I talk about #2 and even the IDEA of another pregnancy makes me tired!!!!! I cannot IMAGINE doing this again!!!!! AAAAAIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! We are so excited, though! Excited and terrified! I know what you mean because it seems like yesterday you were talking about TTC and weighing the pros and cons. Then you got preggo and wow... J is here. It's AMAZING!!!! He is seriously the cutest and most precious baby ever. It is incredible how much he looks like you! A gorgeous and clearly very intelligent little man! Oh, so beautiful. Thanks for helping us all through the journey. I learned SO much from the experiences you, Pandora, TravelingGal and others shared. Oh and btw, I am HUGE now! HYOOOOOOOGGGEE!

MISCKA! How are you doing?????

Lili!!!! I know! I tear up when I think about having a precious little girl like yours. I remember TTC and seeing your avatar wishing in my heart that my dream would one day come true. I soooo want a little sassy princess just like yours! Fiery's little girl is another one and Sha as well - little girls melt my heart! Boys are so sweet and I would love one of those one day, too. But I'm so glad we're having a girl first! Heehee. I feel like my life is truly complete now and feel a joy & peace I have never felt before. Sending you lots of dust and well wishes to your little one!

Deelight!!!!!!!!! Woooooo! Don't worry one smidge about comments! For a long time I kept hearing how small I was and now I can't stop hearing about how huge my belly is! I have gotten the twins comments a few times, too! Hehehe, I WISH I WERE HAVING TWINS! That would be phenomenal! So I always say, "I wish!" Don't worry - preggo is beautiful! Enjoy enjoy enjoy! I feel ya on the aches and pains, though. Sometimes I wonder if the human body is truly meant to carry all of this weight. I feel like my spine is getting contorted into some insane configuration. 30 weeks! You're doing great!!!

HOU, GERI, LV, NOEL.... One down, four to go from our little group!!!!!!!! Who's next, I wonder??? :naughty: :love: :appl:

Kaleigh!!!!!!!!! Oh, you have created untold amounts of beautiful karma for starting this thread and helping so many of us along the way. God bless!!!!

dcgator!!!!!!! Miss you so much!!!!!!!! Sending you super hugs!!!!!!

LOVES VINTAGE!!!!!!!!! MY SISTA!!!! My goodness, 38 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy cannoli! I'm right behind you! I feel like my bub might be too big to deliver without a c-section so now I'm terrified she's going to go over the due date! Last time we went to the doctor he said 6.5 lbs. If she gains about half a pound or a pound a week, she's already 7-7.5 lbs now! And by the due date, she'll be huuuuuge! I had no idea I could grow such big babies! I always thought I'd bake little tiny babies. Who knew??? LOL
And you look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello AprilBaby and Puppmom!!!!!

Tiffany! Sending your bubs more baking dust! I know how concerned you must be but I am glad that you are taking it in stride. Sorry about the practice being a little wonky but how great that you get to go every 2 weeks to check on your angels?

Just baking away over here!!!! I am fascinated by the Tummy Tub videos! Does anyone have a Tummy Tub? They just look SO CUTE with the babies all curled up in there!!!!!! All the reviews rave about how happy and calm it makes babies so I'm going to try it out. I'm sure my mom is going to think I am crazy for buying a glorified bucket for bathing baby. :lol: We got our Bugaboo so that was exciting! I love all the little accessories - my favorite is the cool silver mesh sunshade with paneled netting so I can walk baby in the summer without worrying about mosquitoes! The little winter cocoon looks so cute, too. Sometimes I just like opening the closet and staring at all of her cute little duds. Way too much pink, though! Heehee.

More and more I'm starting to get scared about the actual labor process, though! I hope things go smoothly!!!!!!! I'm also quite terrified about how our lives are going to change once this baby comes into our world. I feel like I don't know how to do anything! On paper, I know what to do. But that's just theoretical knowledge - I have no hands on experience so I feel more than a little anxious! Eeeeeee! I find it very surreal that pretty soon there's going to be a little pink baby staring up at me. I am dying to see her face and touch her. Sometimes it still doesn't seem real!!!!! Two women at work told me today that labor just feels like menstrual cramps. I was like, "You mean... times 10,000,000?" But they said, "Oh, it's not that bad at ALL! Just like getting a bad period!" That seems promising but I know they're just humoring me!!!! Ha! I guess it's better than hearing labor horror stories! :wavey:

Sending you all fairy baking dust for healthy happy babies!!!! :appl:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I just went to the doctor today, and..... IT'S A BOY!! :appl:

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How sweet! Boys are so cute!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Okay I don't normally post over here. In fact I don't post much on Pricescope at all anymore, but I do stop by and lurk from time to time. I happened to read somewhere over in Hangout that our beloved Skippy123 is expecting twins!!! OMG I had to come search out this thread and sure enough there is a photo complete with baby bump. Congratulations and my very best wishes Miss Skippy!!! I am so happy and excited for you. I am sorry that we never got a chance to meet in person but I do remember you fondly from this forum. In fact it was great reading through here about so many pricescopers who are moms now whose names I can recall from back when they were just getting engaged.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all :bigsmile:

Can't wait to dress him up like a little man! ::)

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
congrats tuckins!! my oldest boy is the biggest mama's boy and i would not have it any other way. boys are so sweet!

skippy, you look absolutely radiant!

LV, you look great!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Bliss - don't worry about not knowing what to do. you and your baby need to get to know each other and will learn from one another. in the beginning trying to pull a little arm through a sleeve was a mission (especially if it's a blouse that goes over the head with no buttons)... but eventually you'll be able to do it all in your sleep (as you will be half asleep when changing/feeding in the middle of the night) and you kind of start tuning out the crying. :cheeky:

a woman at work also told me that she had no pain with the birth of both of her children. unfortunately I think these cases are few and far between. hopefully you are one of them.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on TEAM BLUE, Tuckins! How far along are you now? It seems like only yesterday that you announced!!

Mara - Thanks for the FYI. I read your post shortly after getting back from returning those NB outfits! Oops. Those NB clothes are just so insanely small!! I do have a bunch of 0-3 months sized gowns, so those will have to do, or I'll order more from Amazon. (Amazon is amazing, by the way. I've been receiving orders sometimes the day after I order! How do they do that??? And, with free shipping too?) I was really mostly concerned about her take-home outfit, which is insanely cute. I guess I'd prefer a little larger than a little smaller. Still looking for a little hat/cap . . . . Oh, and let us know if you love your ERGO!

Tiffany - Funny about the kindle cover! Haha. Oh, I hadn't heard about the car/blizzard birth! Hope everything turned out ok! Sorry to hear about the communication issues at your DR's office. Hopefully, you can request the US tech that you prefer for each of your visits. Yay for seeing the babies so frequently, and hope all worries are needless. Please post pics too!

Skippy - Sadly, I didn't get the Ergo. I found out about the deal too late, so only pink was left. I get e-mails from Baby Steals (and Zulily) every day. You can find out about Baby Steals deals before the e-mails go out, if you are linked to them on Facebook. I'm not on FB, so miss out on the early deal announcement! I'm going to use a moby wrap to start, so I think I'll be ok without an ERGO for a few months. Have you started shopping yet? It's a great way to pass the time!! ::)

HMG - Keep on drinking that water! I drink so much, and I think I've had a few BH over the weekend, so sometimes they must be inevitable.

Bliss - Oh, you'll be fine! Definitely talk to Dr. Kind about your size concerns. Did he tell you the estimated weight based on an u/s? My understanding is that the machine could be off by a pound either way, so it's not terribly accurate. Anyway, my DR totally reassured me about size, especially after the internal. I'm absolutely certain that Dr. Kind would talk to you about your options if he had any concerns about your ability to birth your baby, but since you are concerned, definitely bring it up with him. I think clearing up worries like these before birthing helps reduce stress/tension during birthing. Best to clear up any lingering doubts so that you can focus fully on the matter at hand when the time comes! And, can you believe that it is coming so soon?!?!?!?! What a journey it has been! I totally hear you on the what to do with baby after she arrives concerns!! But, we figure that everyone else figures it out, so we can too!

ETA: Oh, and I think Pandora has the tummy tub (or maybe a different brand) and loves it, if I recall correctly. It's been discussed on this thread, but I'd have no idea how to find on which page! We've spent a lot of time thinking about our tub options. We were going to change out a sink in the nursery bathroom, but there really isn't room for a bigger one in there, so we may use the kitchen sink or even the utility sink in the laundry room! I got one of these for the early months: http://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Safer-Bather-Infant-Bath/dp/B00005JIVI/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1293637646&sr=8-20 . We'll see how it works out.

Puffy - :wavey: Thank you!

Bag is now packed! Baby clothes washed and organized. I started cleaning last night, getting rid of old clutter and such, which was making DH nervous! He kept asking me if I was nesting, haha. I have not been sleeping well, which is so unlike me. Throughout the entire pregnancy, I have slept, well, like a baby, like I usually do, but I'm just having a hard time falling asleep now. A very warm shower seems to help a great deal though.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
LV- I am 19 weeks tomorrow. It really does seem like I just found out I was gonna be a Momma... Time is really flying!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins- Congrats on team blue!!!!!
LV- You look amazing!!!!!
Skippy- OMG, you are just so incredibly beautiful and glowing!!!!!!!!!!! :love: the bump

icekid

Ideal_Rock
A quick note to our gorgeous preggos..... (love typing with one hand :cheeky: )

HMG- You look wonderful!! I am so excited for Ellie's arrival. Can't wait for you to experience mommy-hood. It is wonderful :love:

Bliss, LV- So close ladies! Time sure does fly. Bliss- LV is right that the ultrasounds are not very accurate at all for estimating size.

LV- I have bought soooooo much baby stuff from Amazon that I am now best friends with our UPS guy :cheeky: :cheeky:

Skippy- sooo thrilled for you! Congratulations mama! You are a beautiful twin mama. Such wonderful news.

Argh... out of time! Little Jumper man is fussing. Check mommies thread for a couple new photos :bigsmile:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
SKIPPY!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I didn't know you were pregnant, let alone with twins! I'm so happy for you!!!!! (Also, apparently I'm addicted to exclamation marks. But I think this situation warrants excessive usage.)

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My opinion on newborn size. Get the outfit you wanna bring baby home in newborn size, otherwise stick to 0-3 months. It doesn't matter if they're baggy the first few weeks. They are going to be changed constantly as it is. You'll get more use out of the 0-3 size than you could ever get out of Newborn.

Can't believe we're gonna have a baby boom so soon!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
PSA for mamas-to-be...for anyone looking at/considering the Stokke Sleepi crib .. it's $120 off at Land Of Nod:
http://www.landofnod.com/Popup/QuickLook.aspx?width=510&height=457&c=8010&f=5723

I agree with SS re: buying clothes, if you get them 0-3 is smartest, but if you get them as gifts, I wouldn't worry too much about returning them unless you have a TON. We only had like 3 NB outfits, and then we had a handful of 0-3 but some of the 0-3 was just too big! I just thought it was ironic that everyone told me not to bother with NB but then I had to go buy 3-4 more outfits since J was in them for 3weeks.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
TUCKINS, yay for a boy!!! Yay team blue; aww, how Exciting to find out!!! congrats!!! :appl: :appl: Do you have names picked out? hehe

HOU, aw thanks friend!! You look fabulous lady!!!

BLISS, thank you friend!! I have seen your preggo pics and you look fabulous! How fun to have your stroller; aww, and looking at all the baby clothes! Baby clothes are the cutest and there are so many pretty things for girl. You are a fabulous lady so I had no doubt in my mind you will be a fabulous momma!! We are cheering you on!!

SUNDIAL, yay my neighbor!!! Good to see you and thank you! I hope you are doing wonderful friend!

PUFFY, PRINCESSPLEASE and PRINCESSS, thank you friends and good to see you!!!

PRINCESSPLEASE how are you doing sweetie?

LV, oh gotcha on only pinks being left. I just realized my sister has the baby bjorn and loves it; I am pretty sure it has snaps so it is easy to undo. I was trying to see how you take out the baby with the one you wanted. I have not done any shopping yet. I think in a few months I will start a thread asking twin mommas was they bought, and used. I also want to find out if we are having girls, boys or boy/girl. I was reading lots of info on cribs; I guess you can put twins in one crib at first since they are so little but you do need two cribs. You look fabulous in your preggo pic!!! It made me happy to see a pic of you; I always enjoyed reading your posts in hangout so it is fun to put a face w/a post! hehe Yay for being packed; I hope you can sleep better.

ICEKID, oh my goodness Jumper is adorable!!! :love: awww, I love how you dressed him up; what a doll! Thank you for your kind words!

SS, your L is so adorable; I loved her pic, what a doll!! :love:

Today hubby and I went to Costco and we shared a yogurt in the food court and sitting next to us was 3 boys; one was probably 6 and two were 12 yrs old. Well the 12 yr olds were fraternal twins; I was watching them out of the corner of my eye and they were so cute how how they were getting along. I think my hubby was embarrassed because I asked the dad if they were twins and then told the dad I was having twins. The dad was pretty cool and asked the boys if they liked being twins which was fun to hear their thoughts on being a twin. lol, gosh I sound like a nosy food court neighbor! I don't know; it was just cute and made me happy and made me look forward to my babies being pals like those boys (I am sure they will fight too, haha).

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skippy! Yes, we have a few names picked out, but probably won't settle on one till he's actually born. DH's cousin has twin boys. They're almost 3 now, and WOW are they a wild pair! Really cute with each other, and keep Mama busy!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, I'm a twin and it's a real closeness that a lot of people don't get. Even my mom felt left out at times. It's fantastic and I"m so happy for you!!! Congrats!

Tuckins, Hooray for Team Blue!!!

HMG, Bliss and LV, You guys are right around the corner right?? Lucky dust for you :)

~LC

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Morning Everyone! I had an uneventful appointment yesterday. All is well. No developments. Still 1 cm. 11 days til due date. I was hoping I would have a Lynnie experience -- the DR would tell me I was in labor, and it was time to go to the hospital, but no such luck! Have I ever mentioned that I lack patience!?!

Skippy - Aww, so sweet of you to say about the face with a name, though I did try to pick the photo that shows my face the least. :bigsmile: Still so shy!!! Anyway, yes, I think I've even read about twins sharing an arm's reach co-sleeper in the beginning, so that's something to research further if you think you'll want the babies in your room to start. A lot of people like to read the Baby Bargains book http://product.half.ebay.com/Baby-Bargains_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ71763561 when they first start their research. Sort of helps define the scope of what you'll need to get started, but of course, there is always more! PS has actually been my best resource for figuring out what we need!!!

lliang_chi - Thanks for the dust! Can't wait for things to get started!!!!!!!!

Pertussis Vaccine - Thought I'd bring up this topic AGAIN. Apparently, people 65+ and people with certain health conditions cannot get the vaccine. Given that many with newborns will have family members that fall into these categories, what do people do? Just take regular precautions, like hand-washing before handling the baby????

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LV...even if people have the vaccine for pertussis, it does not prevent them being a carrier. Once I realized that I was like GEE ok. IMO you just have to take regular precautions and hope for the best. It is risky for sure, esp in the winter--J was born in Feb and EVERYONE seemed sick!

Basically I made sure everyone who was around him a lot got the vaccine. And then made everyone else wash and purell their hands, no one who was sick or even getting over a cold could see him, and I would even ask people if they had been around other sick people. Like if someone is at work with someone who has pertussis and has the vaccine, THEY may not get sick, but they can still carry the virus to the baby. We had a little outbreak here in CA but for the most part I only know like 2 people who have been in contact with people who have it, so it's still 'rare'.

We still went out in the first few weeks, but we tried to kind of limit visitors, like I didn't let EVERYONE see him, maybe we had like 10 people. I know some people have a 'party' to announce the baby and do like an open house for 2 hours to let anyone and everyone see them, but we didn't do that.

On the flip side you can quarantine yourself in the house but really that doesn't do much good because even though the kid doesn't get their first shot til 8weeks, that does not fully protect them. The babies are not fully protected against it until I think age 4? It's a series of shots. The first 3-4mo I *think* are the most touch and go.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LV, MIL is N's primary caregiver and she's 66 so her doc recommended that she not get the vaccine. It was scary but we take all of the precautions we can and MIL knows that any sign of any illness means she's off for a couple of days!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara|1293733041|2809964 said:
LV...even if people have the vaccine for pertussis, it does not prevent them being a carrier. Once I realized that I was like GEE ok. IMO you just have to take regular precautions and hope for the best. It is risky for sure, esp in the winter--J was born in Feb and EVERYONE seemed sick!

Mara - Wow, I was completely unaware of this. I guess I thought if you had the vaccine, you could not be a carrier either. :sick: Ok, so reasonable precautions it is. We are not planning on having very many visitors in the beginning and will def. ask about colds, exposure, etc.

Puppmom - You're so lucky to have your MIL! Reasonable precautions it is!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Mara|1293661197|2809269 said:
PSA for mamas-to-be...for anyone looking at/considering the Stokke Sleepi crib .. it's $120 off at

I highly recommend this. we love it and the mini crib makes for some really cute photos. I like that we can roll it into the living room (we live in apartment) or turn it around away from the light if necessary. you could also roll it into your bedroom, but she never slept there with us (we tried the 1st night and she just screamed bloody murder).

skyestokkecrib.JPG

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
I find out what team I am on a week from today :D I hope everyone has a very very happy new year's eve! What is everyone's plans? DH and I are hanging out with another couple who is expecting and doing a board game night with pizza :) Should be fun!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
random_thought|1293802473|2810851 said:
I find out what team I am on a week from today :D I hope everyone has a very very happy new year's eve! What is everyone's plans? DH and I are hanging out with another couple who is expecting and doing a board game night with pizza :) Should be fun!

Good luck RT! Any preference?

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Tuckins1|1293811868|2810949 said:
random_thought|1293802473|2810851 said:

Good luck RT! Any preference?

Well of course I'd love a little girl, DH would love a little boy and we'll love it even if it comes out with 10 legs (although I prefer that it just come out healthy ;)) )

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Another thumbs up for the Stokke Sleepi - I had the Arms Reach Co-sleeper Mini when D was tiny, but we have the Sleepi in her room and it's gorgeous. Even though she sleeps with us at night she often goes off in the day time and curls up in it with her books.

It has 5 different mattress height levels and you can take one of the side pieces out so that when the kid is big enough to climb in and out they can but they can't 'fall' out while they're asleep. There's an extender piece to turn it into a junior bed and after that it can be used as a sofa or as 2 chairs. The quality is superb and it looks lovely. I think it comes in about 6 colours - I have the 'natural'... looks the same as Noelwrs.

I admit I am a Stokke junkie - I started out just with their Xplory stroller and was so impressed that I got the crib too (mega eBay bargain - paid $120). I'm also very keen on the Tripp Trapp high-chair.

Bliss - I confess to owning the expensive 'bucket'! It is nice and Daisy loved being in it. You also don't need much water in it so it's very light to carry (they have markings to show how deep to fill it). I used to bath her in front of the TV in it...

Unlike a normal bucket the inside is curved so no edges to get dirt trapped in and the rim is nice and smooth. We use ours for things like filling the paddling pool or as a laundry bucket now - so it's getting more use than most baby-baths would get! It's also strong enough to use to stand on to reach things on high shelves... :bigsmile:

If our kitchen had been done before Daisy was born I wouldn't have bothered getting one as we have a big double Belfast sink and they are perfect baby baths. It would also have got more use if we only had a shower in our house, but I ended up taking baths with Daisy and the bucket became a bit obsolete... :blackeye:

Estimating birth-weight - so far the u/s estimates for me and my sister have been totally out. I was told to expect a baby of around 9lbs based on D being 6lbs 10oz at 35 weeks - she was 8lbs 3oz, and my sister was told 9lbs with her 2nd and he was just under 11lbs! The probability of having a baby too big to birth is slim. Nature gives you the baby your body can deal with - there are sometimes problems with babies born through egg donation.

NB v 0-3: I only bought 0-3 since I was going to be having this 9lber and had to go out and buy NB sizes as the 0-3 were so huge. I was given loads of clothes for her, but people bought lovely summer dresses age 6-9months not thinking that at 6-9 months it would be the middle of winter! In the end it worked out well as she has grown very slowly and wore them all this summer instead! Even now she's mainly in 9-12 months at 19 months!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, friends!

RT - yay for finding out the gender soon!

Noel - loving the pics of Skye in her crib. Sweet sweet baby!! :love:

LV - glad to hear you're still chugging along well! I have had fantasies of a Lynnie-esque experience myself, hehe. I ended up getting an internal exam night before last (see below for the whole story) and I'm 1cm, thick, and high, so I probably won't deliver early-ish either. But I'm kinda proud of my 1cm too, hehehe!

RE: pertussis - yeah, my dad tried to get the vax and found out he couldn't because of age. Mara's right, in cases like that, best thing to do is just be careful with handwashing and not letting people be near the baby if they're sick. Babies get their first pertussis vax at 2 mos, then boosters at 4 mos, 6 mos, and 4-6 yrs. They develop some immunity after that first vax and it just gets better from there. Plus, as they get bigger/older, they are better able to handle having the infection if they do have the misfortune of catching it. The most vulnerable time is definitely those first 8 weeks before the 1st vax, especially because during those first few weeks their little brains are still working out how to breathe, in a sense (and especially if they are premature). Pertussis tends to cause apnea (stopping of breathing) in itty bitty babies, but the bigger they get, the less likely they are to flat out stop breathing, so bigger babies who get pertussis are still pretty miserable with the coughing, but less likely to have fatal consequences than the teeny ones.

Lliang_chi - yup, we are the next few!! I am SO ready. :bigsmile:

Tuckins - congratulations on TEAM BLUE!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Skippy, my sister had twin boys (fraternal) her first pregnancy! My nephews have definitely enjoyed being twins. I think the most important thing, from my sister's perspective, was making sure to treat them like 2 different individuals, and encouraging their differences as well as their similarities. Which wasn't hard, because they honestly don't look anything alike, and have very different personalities!

IceKid - I am LOVING the latest Jumper pics - soooooo many cute ones on FB. He was such an adorable little Xmas elf!! hehehehe!

Bliss - hello mama!!! How far along exactly are you now? Between 37 and 38, right? I bet you look amazing, even if you feel huge. :bigsmile: We are getting very excited too, absolutely cannot wait to meet our little girl, see her face, her little hands and feet, hear her cute little baby noises....Try not to be nervous about labor. Your body was MADE to do this!! And, along the same lines, you will know what to do once she's here. Remember, there are millions of right ways to do things and only a very few wrong ways (and you are a smart mama, so you already know what the wrong things are). If you want a nice encouraging read pre-labor, I recommend the books by Ina May Gaskin. I read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth a few weeks ago, and I have just started Spiritual Midwifery. After reading the first one, I felt very empowered and at peace with the fact that my body will just know what to do, and I just need to hang on and roll with it when it happens!

------------------------------------------------------

I had an adventure night before last - ended up going into L&D around 2am and got discharged at 7am. We went to the Texas Bowl to watch our alma mater play, had a great time, and I ate a cheeseburger, which in retrospect I think was a baaaaad idea. I started vomiting every 20-30min at around 10:30pm after we got home, couldn't keep anything down, of course started contracting a lot....when they put me on the monitor I was having them about every 3-4 minutes. I honestly cannot remember the last time I vomited so much!! It must have been when I was a kid!

Got 2 (or maybe 3? not sure) liters of fluid, labs, ultrasound, IV Reglan, (didn't help, was still puking) IV Zofran (did the trick! magic medicine!), and contractions calmed down. Haven't vomited in 36 hrs now, woohoo!! I assume it was food poisoning from the burger - I should have had the chicken sandwich that Richard had!! :) I only ate crackers and drank Gatorade yesterday, but had a "real" breakfast this morning and it went down well.

It definitely wasn't preterm labor - apparently I'm 1cm (woohoo!) but still thick and high. :) 36 weeks today!!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Noelwr - I love your Stokke crib photos in the newborn thread!!!!! You and Pandora have kind of clinched it for me... I have always loved the way it looks and how great it is as a convertible crib. I didn't love the way the Buy Buy Baby near us set it up but if you both say it's sturdy and gosh, I can see how beautiful it is... I'm sold! Hehehehe on your comments about sweating over pulling a tiny little pink arm through a sleeve! My mom said the same thing when she looked over all of our baby clothes. She warned me against some of the cute outfits with tricky sleeves and buttons. I guess when you have a fragile teeny tiny bub it's pretty scary to contort their little limbs to dress them sometimes!

Loves Vintage!!!! How are you doing? Ohhhh, we are so close! Thank you for the great advice about birth weights. You and Pandora are right because we went again this week and she was still measuring at 6.5 lbs. And he did say that estimates are usually a little off. WHEW! I was scared I'd have a gigantic baby too big to push out! I ordered the Tummy Tub!!! Woohoo! I have to thank you and Pandora for that... Gosh, moms are the BEST sources of info. Best. Ever!!!

Ahhh, about pertussis. Mara is right (as always) because vaccinated people can be carriers and can even get whooping cough. It's just extra insurance but I think it's worth it. DH, my parents and DH's parents got the vaccine, along with my brother who will be visiting the first month or so. I made sure that they got their shot at least a month before our due date since some doctors say it takes about a month to build up the immunity. Some doctors say two weeks but I just wanted them to have the antibodies ready and used a month as a general guideline.

Now in my home stretch, I try to stay away from people who cough and are sick. We are now the ones who can give it to our babies so we have to be very careful as preggies! I read a lot of stories about pregnant women who got sick, thought it was a cold and ended up giving their babies pertussis after they gave birth. Overall, I wish people were more considerate about their states of health. I can't tell you how many friends I have met up with in the past month who show up sick or just getting over some mysterious illness. And people come to work clearly contagious, too! I always ask before I meet up with anyone but it's like they don't think it's a big deal since "it's just a cough" or "I'm just getting over it." Yeah...thanks! :rolleyes: I was always so cautious around pregnant women and especially new babies. I guess so many of them don't have kids and don't really get it. The last thing I want is to go into labor sneezing and weak from being sick! That's when you need your strength!

Tuckins, you are flying by with your little precious prince!!!!!

ICEKID!!!!!!! How are you doing? Oh, you must be over the moon. I love love love your photos!!!!!! Your newborn is a perfect angel.

Somethingshiny THANKS!!!! I listened to all of you wise mamas and got mostly 0-3 sizes with a healthy dose of newborn sizes as well. Wow, those 0-3 sizes look big to me, though! I always imagined that the little wee ones would be tiny but at around 7-8 lbs, I'm sure they will fill those out in no time! Lily is such a pretty baby. You are so lucky!!!

Mara!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the sale info on the Stokke crib!!!!!!!! Can't believe your little man is a couple of months away from the Big 1!!!!! The invitations are so beautiful! You do everything so beautifully and with great flair! Looking at the squishy newborn phase - wow, it's hard to believe how fast time flies. I also ordered the Itzbeen Timer! THANK YOU for the recommendation! That is an AWESOME device and I would never have known about it if not for your great review! So THANKS!!!

Skippy!!!!!! Ahhhhhh, I wish I were having twins!!!!! I do! I have always wanted twins - a boy and girl! Hehehehe. Identical twins would be so amazing, too! That is so neat about starting that conversation with the twins in the food court. It sure is fun to talk to moms with babies and pregnant women, isn't it? Even random grandmas will come up to me and tell me that my belly makes them excited about their daughters about to give birth! My mom also tells me that she stalks baby carriages to peep inside at the babies and always asks preggos how far along they are... It's a really special time!!! Well, it's special once you get past the morning sickness! How are you doing with that, by the way? Oh, you are going to be such a beautiful amazing mom with so much to share with your little ones. They are so blessed to have a mama like you. I can tell you are going to show them a beautiful and amazing world through your eyes and with your huge heart.

Lliang_chi THANK YOU!!!! Two things I always wished when I was little - I wished I was a twin and I wished that I had freckles! Those two things just seemed like the height of fabulosity then. Ha! How cool that you are a twin! Remember those Sweet Valley High books with the twins? Hehehehehe. Twins are so special! Lots of hugs and dust to you! You are going to be an amazing mama!

RT, you're chugging along and doing great as well! WAY TO GO!!!

PANDORAAAAA!!!!! That was THE MOST AMAZING REVIEW of baby products EVER that you posted in the Great Finds thread! I printed it out and even saved it in my e-mail for my friends who plan to get pregnant soon. That was INCREDIBLE and gosh, I wish I had that before - I wouldn't have felt so lost! Gotta give a huge shout out to my friend Bella who is also an amazing source of information - thank GOODNESS she gave me a long list of things I would need with her excellent recommendations! Hugs to you, Bella dear!

I ordered the Tummy Tub! Hahahahaha! I couldn't resist after watching those videos. So cute. I love the ones with twins - awwwww! Thanks for your recommendation! I think I got interested in the Tummy Tub from Bella's rec! And if you liked it too, then I'm sold! The only thing is, I guess it's more of a comfort than a bathing thing since you have to clean them beforehand? I would LOVE to bathe with the little one in a tub but I'm afraid she'll poop! Hehehehe. I don't know what poop will do to a jacuzzi tub but just THINKING about it makes me want to gag! I know! I know! I look forward to cleaning her poop but when it comes to poop coming out of jets... :-o GROSS!!!! We don't have a nice normal tub so... hehehehehe....yeah... Maybe I could rinse her in the tub and then use the Tummy Tub for relaxation? I just have a feeling she will adore it. :love: Your sink sounds like a WONDERFUL LUXURIOUS place for your darling to bathe in - I am jealous!

You ARE a Stokke junkie! I don't blame you - everything they make looks super cool and is designed so well. I will look into the chair, too! Thanks also for the explainer on birth weights! I was getting alarmed last week when she was getting so seemingly big so fast! Ahhh and I am so happy you liked the Arms Reach mini Co-Sleeper because I got one, too! Watch me wake up with every grunt or wiggle, though! Ha! But I just love the idea of being able to roll over and touch her or look at her. Once she comes out into the world I feel like I won't be able to close my eyes because I will always want to stare at her. LOL - of course, I am sure with the sleep deprivation this urge shall pass. Quickly. Ha!

ETA:
HOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOU HOU HOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh it is SO wonderful to hear from you! Bless you and your little one! I am so glad you are OK and that your baby is doing well. What a scare, indeed! 36 weeks????? WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So wonderful! Just precious!!!!! I'm just about to complete my 38th week! Woohoo! Yes, we are so close! I cannot wait to see her. Oh, you must be daydreaming about your little princess all the time. I complain a lot about being preggo but I am truly going to miss parts of it. Every time she sticks out her knobby little heel, it melts my heart. I always rub it and praise it before she takes it back. I am really really going to miss that. I feel such warmth and love toward my sisters who went through this journey with me.... we have been through so much and this is like a beautiful symphony that has just begun to unfold... When I hear her first cry, it'll be music to my ears. I just can't imagine looking at her face and seeing her eyes looking back at me. Chills! :love: Hugs and love to you!

Well, just chugging along! DH has been insisting on a doula but it is just too late in the game to get the ones I truly want. They're all reserved for January! So since we're already flying mama up here, I'm going to go with her and DH as my support team and get a doula the next time! We're set and ready to go!

Today my colleague told me she thinks I'm going to give birth very soon because my face was puffy yesterday. It was!!!!! For the first time, I also noticed that my cheeks looked fuller for some odd reason. She said that was a sure sign. The fullness went down again today but that news THRILLED ME!!! I would love to give birth soon! I don't want to be induced, if at all possible!

We are so ready! Just bought a bed for my mom who's going to stay for a few weeks once the baby's born. I'm sure MIL will also like it when she comes. FIL is probably not going to come until she's 6 months or so because he just won't listen to us - he won't get the pertussis vaccine and is always coughing but won't go to the doctor. He also happens to be a heavy smoker. As hard as it is, unless he gets vaccinated and checked out, we're putting our foot down. Baby's health first. He and MIL are separated so there's no danger of her getting pertussis from him. I just wish FIL wasn't so stubborn! Ah well, good times!

Who's going to be next to give birth, I wonder? I feel SO heavy in my tummy!!!! Sleeping is quite a feat of endurance. DH says he's going to miss my belly. LOL - he'll be the only one! I am READY! Where's the countdown clock????

HAPPY NEW YEAR, GORGEOUS MAMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May your blessings multiply in 2010 with lots of love, laughter and health for you and your families. 2010 was such an up and down year for us with the mc but it ended on such a wonderful note. May angels watch over you and your little ones as you prepare to meet each other! Oh, such a miraculous time for us all. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results