shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Bliss- I hope the baby does come soon for you! (Be nice to Mama, baby!) You are absolutely right about people being so non-chalant about their health... My god daughter (2 years old) came over last weekend and was congested and snotty. I had no idea that she had been sick. My friends just said "Oh, she's just getting over something" and that was that. Meanwhile, a few days later I start feeling like s#!t. It would have been nice (and responsible) of them if they just told me that the baby had been sick and let me chooses whether or not to be around her. I think I will have to talk to them about it because I don't want my baby to pick up every little thing that my god daughter runs into at daycare.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins1|1293841641|2811353 said:
Bliss- I hope the baby does come soon for you! (Be nice to Mama, baby!) You are absolutely right about people being so non-chalant about their health... My god daughter (2 years old) came over last weekend and was congested and snotty. I had no idea that she had been sick. My friends just said "Oh, she's just getting over something" and that was that. Meanwhile, a few days later I start feeling like s#!t. It would have been nice (and responsible) of them if they just told me that the baby had been sick and let me chooses whether or not to be around her. I think I will have to talk to them about it because I don't want my baby to pick up every little thing that my god daughter runs into at daycare.

Tuckins, I hope you feel better! Yes! I agree! That is a major pet peeve of mine. I cannot believe your friend did not warn you that her daughter was sick. Clearly, you're going to get it! What did she think was going to happen? I would definitely talk to her about future visits - especially when your little one is born. People can be so inconsiderate about infecting others, especially people who are vulnerable. We have lowered immune systems being preggo and it's not like we can medicate ourselves if we get sick, either. Sigh!

On our hospital tour, there were GIANT signs everywhere urging visitors NOT to enter while sick since there were vulnerable newborns in the L&D ward. Well, half the couples on the tour were CLEARLY sick with the flu or something heinous! Sniffling, sneezing and touching things in the delivery rooms that they showed us. DH and I couldn't believe how selfish they were to bring their germs into a place where they were wheeling newborns in and out of rooms - when in just a few weeks they'd be in that same position. :rolleyes: You'd think pregnant women would be more considerate of newborns since they're about to have one, no?

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
I missed bump day, here's my front view (it's new years eve and I am snowed in, hence the artsy crap lol) Photo%20on%202011-12-31%20at%2019.10.jpg
Photo%20on%202011-12-31%20at%2019.05.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LLIANG, are you and your sis identical or fraternal? That is so cool; I remember you said you were close. that is awesome!!! I agree w/Bliss you will be an awesome momma!

TUCKINS, how fun to have a few names and then decide when he is born; I think I will do the same. Yay for a boy!

LV, thanks for the book info! I will have to check that out! hehe Yay, I keep thinking, you, Bliss and HOU are so close, wohooo, very exciting!!! :bigsmile:

MARA, happy 1 year to J soon; how exciting!!!

NOEL, aw sweet pictures!!!

RT, how exciting! cute bump!

HOU, yay for 36 weeks today!!!!! :bigsmile: Oh bless your heart; I am sorry you got sick! What a scare; I am glad you are doing better. Sending healing vibes your way. Yay for 1 cm dial; eee, so excited for you!

BLISS, yay for 38 weeks!!!!! oh my gosh I am soooooo excited for you, LV and HOU!!! I am so happy your mom will be out there soon. Thank you for your kind words; you will be an awesome mom. You have so much love in your heart!! Gosh, boo to those people who are sick around you; I think that is so rude!

HAPPY NEW YEAR MOMMAS!!!! Yay for a wonderful 2011! :wavey: Hugs all around!!!
Hubby has been under the weather and went to Urgent care today because he was worried about getting me sick. We both got the flu shot so when he came home I didn't expect him to tell me he has the flu. I have been using clorox wipes like crazy and making sure we both wash hands more so. I am not sure how the doc figure out he got the flu but they did a strep swab and no strep. Oh well, fingers crossed I don't get it. I am trying to naps and stay away from hubby in hopes that helps. Anyway, nothing else going on; just relaxing on this NYE!!!!! Wishing you my friends a beautiful evening and NY!!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi skippy! just saw your wonderful news, i am so happy for you and you husband.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
crown1|1293855214|2811463 said:
hi skippy! just saw your wonderful news, i am so happy for you and you husband.

Hi Crown, good to see you and thank you so much!!! I hope you have a wonderful New Year and hugs, friend! :))

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
HOU~ Glad you're home and feeling better. That must have been scary!

Hello all you beautiful ladies! I love reading about how you're all getting ready for the little ones! I need to go peruse the Nursery thread!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I don't generally read the pregnant PS'ers thread - how exciting for all of you. :wavey:

Skippy, I am thrilled to see you and your DH are expecting twins. You will be an awesome mother. :appl:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies, yeah it will FLY for you... so just be warned, you will hear this 50000 times, that it goes by fast, but it really truly does. We were just watching some old videos of J when he was 2mo, then 4mo, then 6mo and now... just WOW. It really is amazing how they go from little blobs to actual little people. And it's funny to look at him at 3mo making noises and struggling to move his lips and tongue, and realize that he was trying so hard to communicate. It was still my feisty little J trapped in that 3mo impotent infant body...!! Greg says he was probably screaming 'Let me out, I wanna tear up this place!!!'.

Bliss...I just have to say I love your attitude, you are so positive, and your excitement is really infectious. You will make a truly wonderful mama! and OMG girl... I was the same way towards the end of my preg--so so anal about people being sick at work. Esp since it was in dead of winter and it seemed like everyone was always sick! I didn't want to be so hugely pregnant and get a flu, or even worse, sick during labor when you really need 1000% of your energy. I would literally pop up like a groundhog if I heard someone hacking, and if they were sick, tell them to go work from home. And I would tell them to have their boss talk to me if it was a problem --feel free to confront the crazy preggo woman who doesn't want to be hacking out a lung... I DON'T THINK SO!!!! It's a joke at the office now even 1+ years later. ::)

re: the stokke, I considered it but just could not fathom that price tag. That said, my GF has one and has a small ranch house like ours and loves it because they just wheeled it all over the house, it fit through doorways and they did not need to have beds or resting areas in separate rooms.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Skippy123|1293851402|2811446 said:
LLIANG, are you and your sis identical or fraternal? That is so cool; I remember you said you were close. that is awesome!!! I agree w/Bliss you will be an awesome momma!

TUCKINS, how fun to have a few names and then decide when he is born; I think I will do the same. Yay for a boy!

LV, thanks for the book info! I will have to check that out! hehe Yay, I keep thinking, you, Bliss and HOU are so close, wohooo, very exciting!!! :bigsmile:

MARA, happy 1 year to J soon; how exciting!!!

NOEL, aw sweet pictures!!!

RT, how exciting! cute bump!

HOU, yay for 36 weeks today!!!!! :bigsmile: Oh bless your heart; I am sorry you got sick! What a scare; I am glad you are doing better. Sending healing vibes your way. Yay for 1 cm dial; eee, so excited for you!

BLISS, yay for 38 weeks!!!!! oh my gosh I am soooooo excited for you, LV and HOU!!! I am so happy your mom will be out there soon. Thank you for your kind words; you will be an awesome mom. You have so much love in your heart!! Gosh, boo to those people who are sick around you; I think that is so rude!

HAPPY NEW YEAR MOMMAS!!!! Yay for a wonderful 2011! :wavey: Hugs all around!!!
Hubby has been under the weather and went to Urgent care today because he was worried about getting me sick. We both got the flu shot so when he came home I didn't expect him to tell me he has the flu. I have been using clorox wipes like crazy and making sure we both wash hands more so. I am not sure how the doc figure out he got the flu but they did a strep swab and no strep. Oh well, fingers crossed I don't get it. I am trying to naps and stay away from hubby in hopes that helps. Anyway, nothing else going on; just relaxing on this NYE!!!!! Wishing you my friends a beautiful evening and NY!!

Oh Skippy, I really hope you don't get it! I had the flu (Influenza A) on Thanksgiving and it was terrible. Couldn't take anything at all.... If you do get it, the one thing I found that truly helped me was hot water with a little honey and lemon. As long as I was drinking it, I did feel a it better. Vitamins and rest, too. Good luck to you!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Bliss|1293840879|2811336 said:
PANDORAAAAA!!!!! That was THE MOST AMAZING REVIEW of baby products EVER that you posted in the Great Finds thread! I printed it out and even saved it in my e-mail for my friends who plan to get pregnant soon. That was INCREDIBLE and gosh, I wish I had that before - I wouldn't have felt so lost! Gotta give a huge shout out to my friend Bella who is also an amazing source of information - thank GOODNESS she gave me a long list of things I would need with her excellent recommendations! Hugs to you, Bella dear!

I ordered the Tummy Tub! Hahahahaha! I couldn't resist after watching those videos. So cute. I love the ones with twins - awwwww! Thanks for your recommendation! I think I got interested in the Tummy Tub from Bella's rec! And if you liked it too, then I'm sold! The only thing is, I guess it's more of a comfort than a bathing thing since you have to clean them beforehand? I would LOVE to bathe with the little one in a tub but I'm afraid she'll poop! Hehehehe. I don't know what poop will do to a jacuzzi tub but just THINKING about it makes me want to gag! I know! I know! I look forward to cleaning her poop but when it comes to poop coming out of jets... :-o GROSS!!!! We don't have a nice normal tub so... hehehehehe....yeah... Maybe I could rinse her in the tub and then use the Tummy Tub for relaxation? I just have a feeling she will adore it. :love: Your sink sounds like a WONDERFUL LUXURIOUS place for your darling to bathe in - I am jealous!

You ARE a Stokke junkie! I don't blame you - everything they make looks super cool and is designed so well. I will look into the chair, too! Thanks also for the explainer on birth weights! I was getting alarmed last week when she was getting so seemingly big so fast! Ahhh and I am so happy you liked the Arms Reach mini Co-Sleeper because I got one, too! Watch me wake up with every grunt or wiggle, though! Ha! But I just love the idea of being able to roll over and touch her or look at her. Once she comes out into the world I feel like I won't be able to close my eyes because I will always want to stare at her. LOL - of course, I am sure with the sleep deprivation this urge shall pass. Quickly. Ha!

Bliss you do wash them in the tub as well! It's tricky when they are really tiny as you need to support under their chin and so need about 5 hands - Daisy got dunked face-first more than once, but once they have head control it's very easy. I used to wrap Daisy in a towel and wash her hair first and then put her in the Tub which then had the nice soapy water to clean the rest of her (the Burt's Bees Shampoo is also a wash). Even at 6 weeks she was trying to stand up in it all the time which gave me rather a shock the first time (she was cruising at 5 months so I guess she was just always desperate to get vertical!)

Re pooping in the bath... D and I must have had at least one bath a day since she was born (sometimes we have more than one!) and in all that time she has pooped in the bath exactly 4 times and 2 of them were in the last 6 weeks (and after I had got out!) and so I could just fish them out and flush down the loo. The first 2 were pretty bad - luckily we have a shower above the bath so I just turned that on and hosed both us and the bath down. She also invariably pees within 10 minutes of getting out of the bath so I'm guessing she doesn't pee in the bath! I can see that a jacuzzi could be an issue though!

The mini Co-sleeper is great - I did used to lie and just watch her sleep (still do!). She's a totally silent sleeper and rarely moves so I was always waking up terrfied that she was dead as she was so still you couldn't even she her breathing. One of the reasons I found bed-sharing less exhausting was I could just put my hand on her chest and feel without getting all panicked! I gave mine to my baby sister (the one having the 'suprise, you're 7 months pregnant' baby) a couple of weeks ago so I'll be interested to see what she thinks of it when her baby arrives - he's due on Monday!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Happy New Years to all!!!!! We're all having babies THIS YEAR!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
Here's my BPF contribution, 7w2d. I'm in the fat phase :cheeky:

7w2d.jpg

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone :wavey:

Happy New Year to all! I hope you are doing well and your little beans are growing and happy.
Bliss- Your almost there.... bet you can't wait to meet your little girl.
HOU-So sorry to hear about the stomach upset. Being pregnanat and sick is no fun, especially with vomiting like yours.
RT-This is an exciting week for you! Dont forget to post what "team" you'll playing for. PS: great pictures.
TUCKINS- congrats on team blue. Little boys are soo :love: .
LV-Its almost time for you! How are you feeling? Your pictures look great and your tummy is beautiful.
Skippy- How are the twinlets doing? When in your next ultrasound? Don't forget to post pictures.

AFM:

Im 26 weeks pregnant and still feeling fantastic. I can't believe how big I've gotten in such a short time, but with my 4'11 frame, the baby can't really go anywhere but out. This little one is such a mover and loves to put on a show when someone puts their hand on my tummy. Im so.in.love.

26+2-1.JPG

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies! Hope everyone is doing well and had a happy New Year's Eve and Christmas! I've been MIA for a few weeks since we have been traveling for the holidays. I see a few new preggos---congrats to you all!

Anyways, here is my contribution for BPF at 23 weeks--though its a bit late. I feel like I am starting to get bigger outwardly every week. We have also announced our name for baby girl. So here she is: Ms. Lorelei Ann :love: Lorelei a different name but I love it, it's also nice that it's not super common. Ann is my MIL's middle name.

2010-12-29 07.29.27.jpg

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
cupcake*muffin|1293917018|2811801 said:
Hi ladies! Hope everyone is doing well and had a happy New Year's Eve and Christmas! I've been MIA for a few weeks since we have been traveling for the holidays. I see a few new preggos---congrats to you all!

Anyways, here is my contribution for BPF at 23 weeks--though its a bit late. I feel like I am starting to get bigger outwardly every week. We have also announced our name for baby girl. So here she is: Ms. Lorelei Ann :love: Lorelei a different name but I love it, it's also nice that it's not super common. Ann is my MIL's middle name.

I absolutely love that name, it was at the top of our list too but then DH came up with another one over Christmas that I love a lot more :love: I'm glad someone is using Lorelei! Love love love that name!!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
RT, you look great!!!!! So cute!!!!!! I love the heart sign over the belly! Adorable!!!!!

Skippy!!!!! I hope you don't get sick but how nice of your husband to be so proactive! It's hard when your DH is sick because you can't kiss or share food/drinks! That is a huge bummer! Keep washing up and get plenty of rest and fluids to stay in tip top shape! :appl:

Hehehehe MARA! I am like you when it comes to sick people while preggo!!! I probably look like a prairie dog - scanning the horizon for coughers and sneezers! I'll post a pic!!!! When DH and I walk into a room and someone's sneezing, he whispers, "Bogie, 9 o'clock!" and steers me away. He also likes to embarrass me by frantically waving away smoke from my face when a smoker walks by. I just can't imagine being sick while pregnant because it is SO hard as it is. I actually know what it is like to be obese finally! Huffing up stairs...not fitting anywhere due to the ginormous belly...struggling to find anything that fits...having a crazy appetite...feeling like I'm having an out of body experience! I don't know HOW you got your fly figure back so fast but gosh, I am a huge admirer of your Zumba/badazz ways post preggo! I was hoping I would get a high and small shelf-like butt that you had but it's not in my cards! I'd settle for a flat tummy any day but I'm going to be patient.

My colleague just came back from maternity leave and looks AMAZING! She says breastfeeding is the magic answer and told me to buy Brooke Burke's Taut belly wrap! So I got one! It just looks like a huge Ace bandage and I'll be sure to report back on how well it works. I know some cultures encourage binding/gently wrapping the tummy area to encourage constriction and minimize fluid retention after birth so maybe this is just a fancy way of doing that. We'll see! If it doesn't work, I'll just use it as a changing pad... kidding!

PANDORA!!!! Ha! Yay on the Tummy Tub and thank you so much for the advice because I was wondering how to rinse off the hair suds. I got some Weleda baby stuff to use for bath time but when it runs out, I'll get the Burt's Bees! I was all like this ---> :-o when I read about the poopy in the bath. Hehehe!!!! I would LOVE to be all cool and nonchalant about poo like you are! "I just fish them out and flush down the loo." AWESOME!!!! I am sure this is inevitable. I think DH is going to be the Poo master because he never gets grossed out. I think baby poo is actually cute but that's also because I was never bathing in a tub with it. But I am sure within 3 days or so I will be slinging poopies around like flapjacks! :naughty: I am so excited about the mini Co-sleeper! I hope I don't have a grunter!!!

princessplease, you look SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see the teeny tiny baby!!!!!!

luvinlife, you are truly blessed, girlfriend!!!!!!! You look AMAAAAAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cupcake!!!!! Look at your tiny little bump!!!!!! You ladies are all lookin' hawt!!!!!!! Congrats on the name!

Is anyone else miserable at the end of the third tri? :knockout: I think this is biology's way of making moms READY to do anything to get the baby out. Last week I was terrified of giving birth. This week, I'm like Bring It On. Come out, come out!!!!!!!!!!! Last night she was swimming, kicking and having a Macy's Final Day Sale party in there. Maybe she held a special New Year's Eve blast with a disco ball and jammed away all night! She must have some moves, that little girl because she was doing the Michael Jackson kicks and moonwalking! And I seriously feel huge and gross. I even miss the cute belly bump days of the first and second trimesters WITH the nausea! Heck, I'd take it now! Anything but this crazy whale feeling! My face got puffy again today and I feel very ungainly and unattractive! Yikes! I am Big Mama!!!!! Hello hormones! LOL

Here is my prairie dog on the alert for coughers and sneezers! It's so funny! You can almost hear him saying, "Wait...Did I just hear a cough?"

HAPPY NEW YEAR, BEAUTIFUL PREGGIES!!!!!!

WhoCoughed.jpg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
luvinlife|1293906364|2811697 said:
Hi Everyone :wavey:

Happy New Year to all! I hope you are doing well and your little beans are growing and happy.
Bliss- Your almost there.... bet you can't wait to meet your little girl.
HOU-So sorry to hear about the stomach upset. Being pregnanat and sick is no fun, especially with vomiting like yours.
RT-This is an exciting week for you! Dont forget to post what "team" you'll playing for. PS: great pictures.
TUCKINS- congrats on team blue. Little boys are soo :love: .
LV-Its almost time for you! How are you feeling? Your pictures look great and your tummy is beautiful.
Skippy- How are the twinlets doing? When in your next ultrasound? Don't forget to post pictures.

AFM:

Im 26 weeks pregnant and still feeling fantastic. I can't believe how big I've gotten in such a short time, but with my 4'11 frame, the baby can't really go anywhere but out. This little one is such a mover and loves to put on a show when someone puts their hand on my tummy. Im so.in.love.

You are so tiny and cute! You look great! ::)

geri

Shiny_Rock
Happy New Year everyone! This thread is moving so fast I'm not sure Ic an catch up. But here goes anyway...

PrincessPlease, Skippy and Tuckins - Welcome and thanks for sharing belly pics. It's so nice to see so many new ladies on board. You all look great.

Houie - So good to hear from you :wavey: You are looking fantastic. Sorry you had a scare but glad all is okay. Not far to go now! Can you believe we are all nearly there now? I'm the last of our little bunch and it feels really close even for me!

LV - It's so nice to see a picture of you - thanks for sharing. Any day for you now!! No wonder you can't sleep - at least it's a good opportunity to nest. We have started nesting too including my DH which has been kind of fun but at the moment we are just at the point where we have made more mess than we have cleaned up!! I'm so looking forward to hearing about the arrival of little Samantha!

Bliss- Hellooo :wavey: You are so close too! I'm sure you are looking great even if you feel huge and gross - hang in there! Not long to go now before you meet your little princess. You sound like you have been on quite the shopping frenzy and will be well prepared!

Noelwr - Your pics of Skye in her crib are so sweet. Hope you are doing well and sending you best wishes for your upcoming surgery.

Dee - Hello :wavey: Congrats on 30 weeks. :wavey: Hope you are surviving the warm weather!

RT - Cute belly pics and good luck finding out the gender next week!

Luvinlivfe and Cupcake - You both look great - such teeny little things!

I am 35 weeks today and really popping out now (belly pic below). It is summer here and I seriously look like a buddha when I sit on the beach in my swimmers :-o but I feel so light in the water, it is worth it! I've been doing acupuncture and exercises to move the little one from breech position but despite lots of movement I don't feel like she has gone head down. We will find out at our next appointment in about 2 weeks but if she hasn't moved she will be here in less than 4 weeks :shock: . I don't know whether I am more excited or terrified!

35 weeks.jpg

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Blissie - I also have a wrap thing, which is meant to give you more support after labor when everything is a bit loose. it was to be worn 2-4 hours a day. unfortunately there is no wrap that miraculously makes you thinner or gets rid of the flabby skin. only exercise does that. however, looking at your body pre-pregnancy, I am sure you will quickly get your figure back. by the way, why no more belly pics from you? I also remember that if your face suddenly swells that you should have the doctor check you out as it could be preeclampsia. not to scare you, but better to be safe than sorry. in the mean time, drink lots of water.

we also use Weleda because it's all-natural. all you need is the baby cream bath and the massage oil. we bathe Skye every other day (otherwise the skin gets too dry) and massage the oil in every day (after bath on bath days or before putting on clean clothes on non-bath days) which also gives her some tummy-time.

geri - what have you got stacked up in your crib? if they are lots of mattress covers and sheets, then you are well prepared. I only got 2 mattress covers and 2 changing table covers. believe me, you should have at least 4 of each. baby might throw up in bed and then 2 hours later pee so much that it goes through the diapers onto the sheets... and then you haven't had time to wash/dry the first sheets. also, the more you have, the less washes you have to run per day and then you can wait 2 days in order to fill your washing machine (which believe me, your baby will easily do in 2 days). we are also using lots of cloth diapers (you want to get a million of those) between her bum and the changing table cover as baby also tends to poo and pee in the middle of changing once or twice per day.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Geri, You look FABULOUS! You must live close to the coast. That's so nice that you are able to swim during your pregnancy! How exciting that we are all getting so close!!! I hope your little girl moved, but if not, it must be nice to know what the plan is. This waiting around business is really nerve-wracking!!!!!!!

Bliss, You have always cracked me up!!! Your prairie dog photo is too funny! Yes, sickly work people are every where! Stay well.

luvinlife, Yay for 26 weeks! You look great! You're carrying so high, too!

Princessplease, You're adorable and tiny!

Skippy, I hope you don't get sick and hope the Mr is feeling better by now!!!!!!!

HMG, So scary! Thank goodness for zofran, though, right? Glad your stay at the hosp was so short.
Yay for 1 cm!! Woo-hoo! Thanks for all the pertussis info. So scary, just like everything else right now!!

I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow. 8 days till due date. I feel I am slowly losing my mind. My sleep is a complete mess. I didn't fall asleep last night until around 3:45. It is very jarring. I usually sleep so well, so quickly, so deeply. This is not good for my nerves! I'm not nervous about birthing, though on some level of course, I must be, since I've never done it before, but I am just feeling on edge and very CRANKY!!!

MATERNITY LEAVE: I'm still planning to work next week, but don't think I will still go the following week if I go past 40. Are you all planning on staying connected while you are on leave? I don't know if it's a good idea to check e-mail or not??? I will have an out of office message, which will direct the senders to my secretary and then she will direct them to the appropriate back-up person, but I know questions are going to come up that I could answer quickly and might take a lot longer for someone else to figure out. Do people typically respond to e-mails or just check out completely?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage|1293991009|2812369 said:
MATERNITY LEAVE: I'm still planning to work next week, but don't think I will still go the following week if I go past 40. Are you all planning on staying connected while you are on leave? I don't know if it's a good idea to check e-mail or not??? I will have an out of office message, which will direct the senders to my secretary and then she will direct them to the appropriate back-up person, but I know questions are going to come up that I would be answer quickly and might take a lot longer for someone else to figure out. Do people typically respond to e-mails or just check out completely?

I think that planning the check out completely is the best policy. You will be so busy with baby and any extra evergy should go to looking after yourself, not work crapola. My job is different than yours, I am sure, and on my last leave I worked when I felt like working, editing manuscripts and working on revisions. I started wanting to work more when baby was about 4-6 months old. This time I will still be supervising my grduate students and plan to meet with them occassionally and answer e-mails, but I will be on leave for 10 months and staying in touch with my students is for *my* pleasure, not out of obligation. So I guess my point is to be selfish in your decision making, because you will have a lifetime to work and only a very short period of time with your baby as a new mom.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but breastfeeding is no garuantee for weight loss. I'm 10 months in exclusively bf-ing and still have quite a bit of weight to lose. Your body will be different, I'm learning to embrace it and plotting my return to normalcy post babies.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
KimberlyH|1293992545|2812396 said:
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but breastfeeding is no garuantee for weight loss. I'm 10 months in exclusively bf-ing and still have quite a bit of weight to lose. Your body will be different, I'm learning to embrace it and plotting my return to normalcy post babies.

I did not lose it all from BFing either, but I did lose 50 of the 60lbs I gained in 12 months without changing my diet or excercising at all. At the 10 months mark I was still up 15lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. It was very slow, but since I know how badly I was eating and not excercising at all, the BFing must have helped. I would likely not have lost any at all without it. This time I will likely start weight watchers about 4 months post-partum to make it go quicker.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Luvin and cupcake- ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bliss- Thank you :) I'm excited for the belly!!

Geri- Thanks! You look SO cute!!!!!!!!

LV- Thanks!! I work on a team of other social workers, so before I leave, I have to sit with my supervisors and divvy out my clients to the others on my team. Any calls/emails will go directly to my coworkers so I don't have to check in. That's amazing you're going to work next week!!!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Preggos! Can't wait for the next batch of little PS babies! I don't have time to respond to a lot of you guys, but I am reading up and keeping posted.

LV -- I love your pic! You look great, and must be so excited that you have 8 days left!!! Hope it goes smoothly for you!

Bliss -- I want to see a belly pic as well! I'm at 2 weeks post partum tomorrow, and I've lost all but 5 pounds. I didn't put on too much, and I'm proud to say I'm back in my pre preggo jeans without a fight! My belly feels loose, and my dumb belly button has stretched out (haha!) but overall, bfeeding has done the trick for me! Can't wait to see your little precious girl!

HOU -- oh Hou!!! Sorry to hear about your L&D experience that didn't result in leaving with a baby! Glad you went just to check things out though, and get a sense of what it will be like once you are there for real! I was trying to think of tips for you...make sure you order lots of food. Your first meal, they bring to you without you ordering it. After that, they give you a menu, and be sure to order a lot. I made the mistake of ordering toast for bfast the next day, thinking it would be at least 2 pieces. Oh no, it was 2 triangles of toast! Order enough for you and your DH. I always had that intent, but I ended up eating the whole thing every time! Erma is the lady that delivers your food and she's the greatest lady ever. My fave St Luke's employee! Some nurses are super cool and others aren't. Some I felt annoyed with...can't explain it. But they come in and check you non stop, but you probably know that already. They give you a water bottle for using the bathroom, and stool softeners. I was glad bc I didn't have those despite being told to bring them. They also give you a bottle of Lansinoh cream. OH! And the lac consultants are really good...I had Kathy work with me. She was the bestest. So patient and stayed with us for a very long time 2 separate times! You will do great!!!!! Oh, and walk around the halls as soon as you can. I didn't do it until I had to go pick up my baby from the nursery after his circ, and wished I had bc after seeing everything that was going on outside, I started getting ancy and wanted to see other babies that were born the same day. And if you are going to pump, bring your breast pump. My Lac Consultant asked if I had mine so she could help me set it up, and I had to send someone to get it from my house.

geri -- just wanted to say hello and that you look absolutely FANFREAKINGTASTIC!!!! Almost over!!!

I'm loving all of the belly shots!!!

To all of the other preggos I don't know that well, good luck and I'll still lurk around. Pregnancy was such an up and down thing with me. I had definite bad days (a CVS test, lots of sickness, poison ivy covering my legs) but I miss all of the attention! Now I'm just a normal girl with a bebe! So enjoy the pampering.

My little baby is doing awesome. Breast feeding has been pretty good. I'm pumping and feeding. Sometimes he likes to feed, sometimes he likes a bottle, but it's definitely bottles at night. I feel EXHAUSTED but when I roll out of bed after getting 2 hours of sleep, and I see his little face, I wake immediately up and am so happy and thankful. I really can't wait for all of you to feel the same way!!!!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
P.S. Preggos:

This has saved my life: the Medela quick clean micro steam bags! You can pop in any of your bottles, nipples, pumping things and microwave them for 1.5 minutes and they are sterilized! My sister gave them to me and they have been a life saver at 2 am. You can reuse them 20 times (they have a place on the back where you can check off after each use).

Also, breast wipes have been really good to have too. Not a necessity, but they feel very good after pumping or feeding. I use those, then use Lansinoh cream.

And one more thing...if you like granola or trail mix or any kind of snack that is easy to have ready, stock up on plenty of those. When you are bfeeding, your hands are free and you will be starving (or at least I am). So you can eat while you feed. I had to have DH make a run for trail mix and cookies.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I'm envious of all the weight losing bfers. I run ~10 miles a week, walk on days I don't run, eat healthy 90% of the time and still have 15+ lbs to lose. I fit in 2 pairs of jeans but NONE of my old tops fit. Much of the weight is in my breasts. We'll see what happens when I quit bfing, but I'll hopefully be pregnant again at that point so who knows.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lost most of my weight while BF'ing, but a few stubborn 5 lbs hung on til after I weaned at 6mo. With every AF cycle after that I felt more and more like pre-preg. I think everyone is different but I wouldn't assume anything, just see how your body is going to be. It took me like 7mo to get back to pre-preg weight so cut yourselves some slack if it takes a little while.

re: maternity leave: plan to be totally checked out. If your work didn't prep for this and/or have you train someone else on your projects, you might want to mention that and see if you can do any training in the time you have left. I had 2 backups for my stuff because I run ongoing programs and there was no way I'd be checking email on a regular basis. I checked like once every 2-3 weeks just for urgent stuff. but my OOTO said I was on mat leave and who to contact. But nothing came up where I had to email anyone that I can recall. You really don't want to have to be worrying about work while taking care of the babe.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
HAPPY NEW YEAR PS MUM'S :)

Thanks for the tips on the crotch pain - thankfully it has not been unmanageable and really I am trying to look at the positive aspect that my body is doing what it is meant to do :)

LV I am so excited for you - full term and really it could be any day now that your LO arrives - your belly pic is fantastic you look great utterly radiant :) - have to say on a random note you have a really lovely complexion :) - sending you dust for your upcoming delivery

As for Mat leave I am lucky enough once I am gone that is it till I get back I had to get a med cert to work 4wks before my due date otherwise they make you check out 6wks before - I am in awe of the mummies that work up to the due date. My opinion would be given the choice I would check out - you will have your hands full with your new LO :)

Tiffany That is good to hear your not disappointed anymore about the C-Section - at the end of the day your doing what is best for you and your bubba's and that is all that matters :) - thankfully we live in a time where these options are available :):) - as for the ultrasounds as hard as it is not to worry (I know I would as well) on the positive it is better they know about a possible issue and can watch out for it just in case then not know - sending dust for your little ones

Bliss You will be a great mamma :) you have a positive and upbeat attitude and sounds like you have a great support network you little girl will be very lucky to have you as a mamma :) and don't worry things you don't know you will learn along the way :).

As for sick co-workers - I am the same I had quite a few people in my team sick before I left for holidays in a nice way I let them know my displeasure and why they should be home GRRR must have been too nice they thought I was being funny - I was sick for 3 months with a sinus infection during the first/second tri and the girl who sat next to me was preggo as well so I stayed away till I knew I was not contagious so she would not get sick as well I just hate the recovery time - LOL at the prairie dog

Tuckins1 YAY for a little boy -awwww we might be on a little boy streak it seemed to be all little girls for a bit LOL :)

icekid Not sure you still check in here but I saw the newest pics of Jumper - OMG he is so cute he looks like a complete little character - reminds me of my nephew he is such a funny handsome little boy and so entertaining :)

Mara Thanks for the stokke posting - I looked at that cot but they are so expensive here (as with most things) though that price is very reasonable :) and thanks for the heads up on the vaccine - my niece who is now an adult had that as a small baby and nearly died very scary time - we also had an outbreak at the office a while ago before I was preggo.

RT Good luck with the scan :)

HOU OMG glad you and the bubs are okay - I guess though on the positive you have some idea what to expect now - only one week from full term WHOOT :)

Skippy :( poor hubby I hope you don't get sick being sick - start munching down the oranges :razz:

Princess You look cute :) I would call you far from fat - LOL I liked to call the bloat stage ahh I look like I just ate 30 cheeseburgers stage :razz:

Luvin You look adorable - such a cute round belly :)

Cupcake awwww very cute piccy and love the name - so pretty, classic and feminine :)

Geri How you doing :) 35wks yay I knew your date was coming up soon YAY :) you make it into the PPL year :)
good luck with the ultrasound - I am hoping for positive news for you. You look like the typical cute preggo my friend carried much the same as you she always looked so cute :)- love that top so pretty . I have not thought of going swimming maybe I should not sure my togs still fit though :razz:

30wks and 3 days today enjoying holidays the little one is doing well- I think I have decided to re-name her Lipton - like the tea bag all she is doing is jiggling jig jig jiggling - this may not make sense unless you have seen the ad - it makes me giggle love it :).

I got some new awesome gifts from MIL for the bubba - she went to HK for a holiday and bought back so much stuff - she knows I love Hello Kitty (I have hello kitty sheets - DH loves those :razz: not, toaster I even bought little Hello kitty body suits for the bubba) so she got me little hello kitty booties - OMG they are so stinking cute with the little kitty heads on the toes hehehehehe honestly I would have been happy with just the booties LOL

just wondering - maybe I would be better to post this in the newborn thread but I as looking at bottles and pump's and was thinking of the Tommy tippee closer to nature range - anyone have any experience or any recommendations is manual better then electric for a pump?

So many preggies to leave this thread soon and hopefully lots of new mummies to be to join so exciting :)

Hope everyone is well :)

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Deelight-the only time I would recommend a manual pump over electric is if you are going to be pumping very infrequently, such as an occasional bottle for a sitter or DH. Even then, I would recommend a single electric pump over manual. If you're going to be pumping more than once a day, I would go with a double electric. If you will be returning to work shortly after baby is born, then double all the way. Manual pumps, IMO are pains in the rear. The only time my manual came in handy was to express some milk before feeding due to a forceful letdown.

Don't know about tippee bottles or pump. I only used the sippies and didn't like it. I would read reviews online.

ETA: I would also wait until LO arrives to figure out your pumping needs. I know a lot of moms pump right away. I did due to cracked/bleeding nipples. But instead of purchasing, I rented a pump for a week until my nipples healed (side note: you can heal nipples without pumping with the right latch but I was not doing that lol). After that I didn't bother with a pump for two reasons: 1) baby is much better at the breast and 2) pumping + nursing is such a PITA. When I visited the LC due to the forceful letdown, she gave me a manual pump so I used that when I needed milk in a bottle. Other than that, I purchased the double electric a week before going to work.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results