30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Congrats Lindsay!!!!!!!!!! he is beautiful! I''ve been thinking about you lately too and hoping all was well. So glad that he''s arrived safely and hope he is home before you know it!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
pupp~ It''s normal to drop a few weeks before delivery with the first baby. For the other babies, they usually drop during labor. JT dropped about 3-4 weeks before I was due. It took several days for him to get into position but he didn''t fully engage. I didn''t really FEEL that at all, except my hips spreading. Yesterday, the contractions were full-on and putting a lot of pressure on my cervix. This I could feel entirely. After she finally settled and I got some sleep, I realized that her head is pretty engaged. She''s quite a mover and I can feel when she tries to turn her head down in there. I can feel my belly and know where her body parts are. I can feel way down low and physically grab her head to tell where it is too. I still have 7 weeks until the c-section so hopefully she''ll hang out a while longer.
I wonder since your first one was several years ago if you''ll drop like a first timer or if you won''t drop until delivery.

HH~ lol. I''m heading in to make a sandwich now.....

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, I understand. It was feel so weird to have the baby squirming around in your pelvis!

That''s a good question. Do you think my body even knows that I had a baby before? It was 15 years ago so I figure this will be like my first time all over again. I definitely wasn''t this uncomfortable the first time BUT I was 17 and a student - not a full time 32 year old working mom.
2.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Just back from my 36 week appointment and I am 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced
6.gif
36.gif
6.gif
36.gif

While I know that I could still be very pregnant at 41 weeks, I was not at all expecting to hear about any *progress*. Is it weird to be proud of my cervix
3.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
WOW Lovely - I can''t believe how close to the finish line you are! You must be smiling ear to ear!!! I am so excited for you!
36.gif

I started my registries this weekend - my main registry is at Giggle, then I added BBB for items that Giggle didn''t sell and also because it had the stroller we want (the Baby Jogger City Select) and finally PBK for our nursery furniture which DH''s parents will be buying. It''s all very overwhelming. One of my mom friend''s met myself and my other preggo friend at Giggle this past Friday to get us started on the basics.

Question for all of you (and this might be a dumb one) - what is the difference between the following and do I need all three?

Miracle Blanket
Muslin Sleeping Bag (looking at the Aden + Anais)
Sleepsack swaddle

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Lindsey! Congratulations! how wonderful to have him in sight, soon enough in your arms for good! Mazel Tov to your entire family, what a blessing!

Thank you everyone for all of your well wishes! baby Elijah and I are doing great, he is almost 2 weeks old and totally worth the 60 hrs of active labor (7 of them at 9.5cm without painkillers) to get him here. He weighed 7.6lbs and 21.5 inches long or 1 foot 10ish as DH says. Gah, photos are too large to attach, will work on that! Hugs and kisses from us to all of you waiting to meet your little people!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Lindsey!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! He''s absolutely perfect!!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Lindsay--CONGRATS on the arrival of precious Andrew. Enjoy that boy, they are so sweet to their moms
30.gif
30.gif

Lulu--Yay for cervix progress!!! The more the sucker does ''stuff'' while walking around the less to do later & that''s all good news!. ya, you can still go the full 42 weeks, but probably less likely. I had zero anything right to the bitter end.

SS--glad the baby is staying put & hope it continues that way. I dropped really early this time too & it''s my second, but haven''t had an enternal so i am not sure if i am just engaged and have been for a while, or if i am dilated or anything.

Just got back from my middie appnt. I am in b/w 37 and 38 weeks so the crunch is on to take care of loose ends. I am off to get a scan this aft to look at the baby''s one kidney again and see if he/she is growing on track (i am still measuring about 3-4 weeks behind).
I am strep B. positive
39.gif
so i have to decide if i want to nix the homebirth altogether or try to get a prescription of antibiotics from my dr. (which may be a challenge) or go ahead with homebirth and just treat things if i have risk factors. I am annoyed to say the least. I hate making decisions. DH isn''t much help, i know he''ll support whatever i want. My middie is cool either way so it''s all up to me to decide.
This pregnancy has been a series of really annoying crap. The kindey, the high-ish blood pressure, the low iron, the measuring off, now the strep b and my severe hip pain. I feel like such a whiner but i shouldn''t b/c things could be much worse. None of these issues make me ''high risk'' or anything, just need monitoring.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Lindsey - Congratulations on the birth of Andrew! Your post made me tear up a little bit. I am so happy for you and your family. Enjoy him while he''s still so little!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2010 12:17:09 PM
Author: Jas12
Lindsay--CONGRATS on the arrival of precious Andrew. Enjoy that boy, they are so sweet to their moms
30.gif
30.gif

Lulu--Yay for cervix progress!!! The more the sucker does ''stuff'' while walking around the less to do later & that''s all good news!. ya, you can still go the full 42 weeks, but probably less likely. I had zero anything right to the bitter end.

SS--glad the baby is staying put & hope it continues that way. I dropped really early this time too & it''s my second, but haven''t had an enternal so i am not sure if i am just engaged and have been for a while, or if i am dilated or anything.

Just got back from my middie appnt. I am in b/w 37 and 38 weeks so the crunch is on to take care of loose ends. I am off to get a scan this aft to look at the baby''s one kidney again and see if he/she is growing on track (i am still measuring about 3-4 weeks behind).
I am strep B. positive
39.gif
so i have to decide if i want to nix the homebirth altogether or try to get a prescription of antibiotics from my dr. (which may be a challenge) or go ahead with homebirth and just treat things if i have risk factors. I am annoyed to say the least. I hate making decisions. DH isn''t much help, i know he''ll support whatever i want. My middie is cool either way so it''s all up to me to decide.
This pregnancy has been a series of really annoying crap. The kindey, the high-ish blood pressure, the low iron, the measuring off, now the strep b and my severe hip pain. I feel like such a whiner but i shouldn''t b/c things could be much worse. None of these issues make me ''high risk'' or anything, just need monitoring.
Jas, sorry the annoyances are adding up! I hope you catch a break soon. A friend of mine was measuring 3 weeks behind and was subjected to weekly doctor appointments PLUS biweekly stress test. Her daughter was born two weeks early (so 5, according to what she was measuring) and weighed 5lbs8ounces which seems like a pretty decent size for technically being 5 weeks early. Hopefully, it''s just a false alarm and you''ll get to see your beautiful baby on u/s one last time!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Lindsey!!
36.gif

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dang, I hit submit before I was done.

Swimmer, I''m glad you and Elijah are well! 60 hour labor? Oh no! That''s like - more than 2 days!
23.gif

Blushing, I got the Aiden and Anais blankets. My SIL raves about them. I also registered for the Sleepsack Swaddle. I figure it''s just trial and error as to what works and what doesn''t. The whole registry thing was REALLY hard for us. I''ve never heard of Giggle but just went to their website - what cute stuff!

Oh, and since I whined about feeling like crap yesterday, I wanted to acknowledge *out loud* that I feel darn good today! I had prenatal yoga last night so I''m wondering if that''s what did it...or maybe it was the ice cream sandwich...or the Flyers advancing to the Stanley Cup Finals. Probably the yoga, huh?

lurkinglurker

Shiny_Rock
Delurking to say congratulations Lindsey!!! So very happy for you and your family.
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lindsey I am delighted for you, many congratulations on the birth of your son!!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS to Lindsey and family! Andrew is just precious.

I thought about you last week as I recalled that you were going to deliver early- I posted on the day before your LO arrived. Glad to hear that all went well!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Lindsey!!!!!!!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Congratulations! Oh, Andrew is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somethingshiny, thinking about you and sending prayers your way!

35.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Swimmer Congrats to you too! You are a trouper!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Lindsey on the recent birth of your handsome son. Great job mommy.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Lindsey! I''m really for you! Thanks for sharing your pictures. Andrew is adorable!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Lindsey! I''m really happy for you! Thanks for sharing your pictures. Andrew is adorable!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Lindsey!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Welcome to the world, Andrew! He''s gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
So happy and proud of you.

Swimmer- Congrats!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Love the name. And
23.gif
60 hour labor?????

Blushing- Here''s my take.

Miracle Blanket is the baby crack of the swaddlers. It is by far the easiest and most effective one to use and it is basically swaddling for dummies. I personally couldn''t have lived without it. We didn''t use one for the first few weeks, just used the A&A blankets. Once I used one, I sent DH out to buy like 5 more. Some kids don''t like them but they saved my insanity in the beginning. Especially in the middle of the night!

Aden & Anais- Or any muslin blankets. To me, another must have. You can use them to swaddle, but I used them for everything else. O was born in the summer so we used them as blankets. I used it to cover his car seat when out in public if he was sleeping or if I wanted to avoid people touching him, breathing on him, etc. I use them to lay on top of everything (couch, floor, whatever). I use them to cover his stroller if it''s too sunny. They are super thin and breathable.

Sleep sacks- I didn''t use these till later. You can buy the ones with the wings that are meant to work like swaddle blankets. Most babies can break out of them though so they aren''t great for swaddling. I started using mine after we stopped swaddling. We still use it because it''s like a blanket without the fear of suffocation.

So you don''t NEED all of them, but I definitely have used all of them. Other moms probably have different opinions of course. Hope that helps!

Lulu- Can''t believe you''re already 36 weeks!!!!! So close!

Jas12- You''re so close. I think you are allowed to be grumpy.
2.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2010 3:52:37 AM
Author: honey22
Lindsey, I just had to de-lurk to say your post brought a tear to my eye. To see you and your hubby with your precious little boy was incredible. After the heartache, now the joy. I am so thrilled for you!!!!

Fingers crossed that you will be bringing home really soon!
36.gif

ditto this entire post. I''m beyond thrilled for you Lindsey!! Congratulations to you and your hubby.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2010 6:03:49 PM
Author: bee*
Date: 5/25/2010 3:52:37 AM

Author: honey22

Lindsey, I just had to de-lurk to say your post brought a tear to my eye. To see you and your hubby with your precious little boy was incredible. After the heartache, now the joy. I am so thrilled for you!!!!

Fingers crossed that you will be bringing home really soon!
36.gif

ditto this entire post. I''m beyond thrilled for you Lindsey!! Congratulations to you and your hubby.

Me too. So happy for you and your hubby Lindsey! Welcome baby Andrew!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Lindsey, just popping in to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your post and photos made me all teary-eyed!! Andrew is beautiful and such a healthy weight for coming early! I''m sure you''ll have him home in no time. So thrilled for you!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Lindsey, congrats im so happy for you
36.gif
Andrew is gorgeous, enjoy being a mum
30.gif

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Blushing: We used a sleep sack swaddle. but not the one sold at walmart/target...Evan broke out of those crazy fast. It was a Halo Sleepsack I believe that worked for us. It zipped up the middle and then had wings that folded over eachother and velcroed together.

ETA: Lindsey--Congratulations again! Hurry up and get him home and come join us on the newborn thread!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
popping back in again with an actual post.

Had my 36-week visit today and all continues to be good. I''m measuring on track, and OB thinks that bebe''s head is down (yahoo!). I''ve been doing some mule kicks and spending time on my hands & knees to help my aching back, so I''m glad that helped get her/him into position. I''ll have an ultraound next week and will also find out if I''m progressing at all. I kinda hope not as we''re now not moving into our new home until the 2nd friday in June- less than 2 weeks before my due date
32.gif
. So yes, we closed today! We had a mini-celebration there after we picked up the keys.

Lulu- woohoo for progress- your cervix is on track!
Swimmer- I''m glad you stopped by. Great to hear that all is well with you and baby Elijah!
SS- Here''s hoping your LO stays put for 7 more weeks
Jas- I''m sorry to hear about your strepB+. I tested positive at 8 weeks so I''ll be interested to know what the results are for this later test. Hang in there- not too much longer, and feel free to "whine away"

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/25/2010 5:49:46 PM
Author: ChinaCat
Lindsey!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Welcome to the world, Andrew! He''s gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
So happy and proud of you.

Swimmer- Congrats!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Love the name. And
23.gif
60 hour labor?????

Blushing- Here''s my take.

Miracle Blanket is the baby crack of the swaddlers. It is by far the easiest and most effective one to use and it is basically swaddling for dummies. I personally couldn''t have lived without it. We didn''t use one for the first few weeks, just used the A&A blankets. Once I used one, I sent DH out to buy like 5 more. Some kids don''t like them but they saved my insanity in the beginning. Especially in the middle of the night!

Aden & Anais- Or any muslin blankets. To me, another must have. You can use them to swaddle, but I used them for everything else. O was born in the summer so we used them as blankets. I used it to cover his car seat when out in public if he was sleeping or if I wanted to avoid people touching him, breathing on him, etc. I use them to lay on top of everything (couch, floor, whatever). I use them to cover his stroller if it''s too sunny. They are super thin and breathable.

Sleep sacks- I didn''t use these till later. You can buy the ones with the wings that are meant to work like swaddle blankets. Most babies can break out of them though so they aren''t great for swaddling. I started using mine after we stopped swaddling. We still use it because it''s like a blanket without the fear of suffocation.

So you don''t NEED all of them, but I definitely have used all of them. Other moms probably have different opinions of course. Hope that helps!

Lulu- Can''t believe you''re already 36 weeks!!!!! So close!

Jas12- You''re so close. I think you are allowed to be grumpy.
2.gif
Thanks ChinaCat - I have all of them on my registeries, but might decide to take one off. Just want to be prepared! Any other thoughts on these items would be appreciate ladies!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Charger - Hurray for closing
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Now you can post more pictures of your gorgeous new home
30.gif
. I, too, hope that your babe stays put until after moving day!! Also, with regard to cord blood banking (saw your post in the other thread) - we''ve decided NOT to use a private bank for many of the reasons listed in that thread, BUT are donating through the public national marrow donor program . . .

something - hope that those contractions have stopped altogether!!

jas - I''m sorry that the irritations are just piling up. I''m the same way when it comes to making decisions, but you''ll know what to do. and soon enough, you''ll be snuggling that perfect little bundle
30.gif

swimmer - love the name that you picked. and your LO is just adorable!! still debating over here - waiting for that moment of naming clarity
20.gif

So I avoided them for 35ish weeks, but I officially have stretch marks
14.gif
. The morning that I first noticed them, I was pretty darn angry. now that I''ve had a few days to *accept* them, I''ll gladly take a marked belly for this kid. Just too bad they exist at all
3.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um....major preggo brain problem here...like serious, life threatening problem....

I made myself an egg and cheese sandwich before work yesterday and instead of shutting the burner off to the right, I turned it to the left to low. And I left with the stove on and a pan on top of it....I don''t know how my house didn''t burn down. I got home last night and was like why the heck is it so warm in the kitchen? um...cause I''m a moron who shouldn''t be allowed around open flames apparently. The good news is that the low setting is super low so it didn''t get too too hot and it doesn''t look like my pan was damaged at all.

Needless to say, I got my egg and cheese at Dunkin''s this morning.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results