carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies!
35.gif
I wanted to let you all know that our son Andrew arrived safely last Thursday, May 20 in an unexpected c-section! He was born at 5:04 p.m. at 35w6d weighing 7 lbs 0.5 oz and 19.25 inches long. He is in the NICU right now for the blood issues that we all knew about, but otherwise is perfectly healthy! He has absolutely no respiratory issues from being a little early, and was allowed to start nursing yesterday and we''re doing great. I am still waiting for my milk to come in which is driving me nuts, I have been pumping non-stop since Thursday!

I had a cordocentesis scheduled for last Thursday, and as I was being wheeled in for the procedure my perinatologist told me that if all looked good (and he expected that it would) then we would deliver two weeks later, on June 3rd. They tested his blood instantly in the operating room and when my perinatologist heard the results he told me "it looks like you''re having your baby tomorrow!" I was so shocked! I asked him if we could just do it that day instead of the next, since I was already in L&D, had an IV in, and was ready to go. He said that he certainly didn''t see why not, so after getting a team together they decided to deliver me that same evening. I could not believe that I was going to have my baby!

When he cried for the first time after delivery, I could not stop crying. I have never been so relieved! I got to see him for a few seconds before he was taken to the NICU, and then got to see him for a minutes later that night when I was being wheeled from labor & delivery to the mother/infant floor. He required one exchange transfusion after birth and has been under quadruple bili lights since birth. His bilirubin levels have finally started to come down and he''s been allowed to start feeding. Yesterday we were told he will be in the NICU for another 5-11 days, but honestly his bili level had such a nice drop today I imagine that he might be able to come home sooner. Here are a few pics, we can''t wait to bring him home!
1.gif

Andrew_Hospital007.jpg

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Seeing Andrew for the first time!

Andrew_Hospital015.jpg

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Andrew checking me out for the first time, I thought that this look was hilarious.

Andrew_May22_Small11.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lindsey, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! So thrilled your little Andrew arrived safe and sound and is doing great!
emotion-19.gif

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
And the happy family
1.gif

Andrew_Hospital170.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Lindsey! Welcome Andrew! What a lovely family picture! I am so happy for you guys!

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
oh lindsey...SO HAPPY for you guys!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
what a blessing. seeing you with your healthy son made me cry.
enjoy every moment of it. you deserve it!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lindsay!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I am so glad that you have your healthy, big baby boy in your arms at last! This has been such a harrowing journey for you all, and to see such a wonderful outcome just makes me so happy. He looks wonderful!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Lindsey, I just had to de-lurk to say your post brought a tear to my eye. To see you and your hubby with your precious little boy was incredible. After the heartache, now the joy. I am so thrilled for you!!!!

Fingers crossed that you will be bringing home really soon!
36.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Delurking to say YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! Congratulations Lindsay to you and your hubby, Andrew is SO HANDSOME!!! I''m in tears of joy for you, SO thrilled. CONGRATS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
lindsey, congratulations to you and your husband. he is perfect and so lucky to have you as his parents!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to you and your DH, Lindsey!!!
36.gif
He''s beautiful!!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Lindsey! Congratulations and welcome baby Andrew! I am so happy for your family. I hope you get to bring your little man home soon.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2010 3:52:37 AM
Author: honey22
Lindsey, I just had to de-lurk to say your post brought a tear to my eye. To see you and your hubby with your precious little boy was incredible. After the heartache, now the joy. I am so thrilled for you!!!!

Fingers crossed that you will be bringing home really soon!
36.gif
same thing here! biggest congrats- he is just a gorgeous bouncing little bundle of joy!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Lindsey!!! He''s so handsome
30.gif

On another topic....

Can someone please tell me why (other than the parasite) my body needs two breakfasts every day? Here''s what I''ve had to eat thus far

Multigrain english muffin with fried egg and reduced fat cheddar (egg was fried in butter for fat)

I feel like that should be enough for a breakfast, yet here I am eating another (non-multigrain) english muffin with butter and honey and a 1/2 lb of strawberries and cantaloupe. And yes, I know it''s 1/2 a lb because it''s from the salad bar at work.

I''ve tried more protein, I''ve tried more fat, I''ve tried more fiber. Nothing keeps me full in the morning!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Lindsay, another lurker coming out to congratulate you on the arrival of your beautiful son! So thrilled for you and your DH!!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Lindsey - a BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!! Andrew is just perfect and I''m so happy for you and your family!!!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
So many congratulations Lindsey - I am beyond happy for you and your family
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2010 8:53:53 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Congratulations Lindsey!!! He''s so handsome
30.gif

On another topic....

Can someone please tell me why (other than the parasite) my body needs two breakfasts every day? Here''s what I''ve had to eat thus far

Multigrain english muffin with fried egg and reduced fat cheddar (egg was fried in butter for fat)

I feel like that should be enough for a breakfast, yet here I am eating another (non-multigrain) english muffin with butter and honey and a 1/2 lb of strawberries and cantaloupe. And yes, I know it''s 1/2 a lb because it''s from the salad bar at work.

I''ve tried more protein, I''ve tried more fat, I''ve tried more fiber. Nothing keeps me full in the morning!
I need two breakfasts too. The rest of the day my meals are normal proportions but I''m NEVER satisfied after breakfast round one. I already ate my Cheerios (two refills
9.gif
) and now there''s a corn muffin calling my name!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Lindsey...a BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Andrew is beautiful!!!!!!!! I am so truly happy for you and Mr. Lindsey!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok glad I''m not the only one. I feel totally fine the rest of the day, but I definitely need to eat a lot more first thing in the morning.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Lindsey, your post made me cry. I still remember your post about your dear daughter. I am so happy that you are holding your little boy in your arms. Congratulations to you and your husband on the new addition to the family.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lindsey - So wonderful to see pics of your little boy!! Gah, tears here too! I''m so happy for you and your family!
36.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
A million congratulations to you and your family Lindsey!! I am thrilled for you! He''s beautiful, way to go!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

So Excited

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Lindsay! Andrew is Beautiful

*Sending him lots of healthy DUST to come home soon*

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, Lindsey!! Your pictures are so touching, your baby boy is beautiful, and I am *so* happy for you and your husband!!
36.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Lindsey~ Congratulations!! I''ve been wondering where you were lately, glad that your being MIA was for a great reason! What a big boy considering that he was early! He''s beautiful and I hope you have him home very soon. Take care of yourself while recovering from your surgery!

HH~ lol about the 2 breakfasts. I''ve required "first breakfast" and "second breakfast" during the last tris of both my pregnancies. DH laughs about it. Sometimes "second breakfast" will even be a bologna sandwich and yogurt at like 10am. It grosses DH out that I eat the "wrong" food (for the time of day).

My day of contractions had some influence on Baby. She''s dropped and fairly engaged. It''s easier to breathe but now I''m concerned that the next real contractions will progress her further.

Any 2nd time moms have their baby drop very early?? Usually they drop while in labor instead of early like first timers.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2010 10:25:29 AM
Author: somethingshiny
Lindsey~ Congratulations!! I''ve been wondering where you were lately, glad that your being MIA was for a great reason! What a big boy considering that he was early! He''s beautiful and I hope you have him home very soon. Take care of yourself while recovering from your surgery!

HH~ lol about the 2 breakfasts. I''ve required ''first breakfast'' and ''second breakfast'' during the last tris of both my pregnancies. DH laughs about it. Sometimes ''second breakfast'' will even be a bologna sandwich and yogurt at like 10am. It grosses DH out that I eat the ''wrong'' food (for the time of day).

My day of contractions had some influence on Baby. She''s dropped and fairly engaged. It''s easier to breathe but now I''m concerned that the next real contractions will progress her further.

Any 2nd time moms have their baby drop very early?? Usually they drop while in labor instead of early like first timers.
Wait, you FEEL the baby drop? Now I''m freaked out.
23.gif
Okay, now that that''s out of my system - when do you see the doctor next? I just read online that it''s normal for the baby to drop up to 4 weeks before labor. I hope that''s the case and your gal will bake a while longer!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmmm bologna......

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations lindsey! so thrilled to see your family picture :)

HH - 2 breakfasts sounds so foreign to me since i''m still at the stage where eating 1 square meal a day is impossible. i do remember having insane amounts of food in my last trimester in my previous pregnancy, so it''s totally normal. much easier to eat earlier in the day.

-------------

things are going well with me, officially starting the 2nd trimester on friday so i hope that the m/s is on it''s way out in the next few weeks. no dr''s appts or anything scheduled for another few weeks so i''m just popping my zofran and getting through each day as best i can. hope all the preggies are doing well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results