shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
YAY BURK! Welcome Kade! I can hardly wait to see him, I bet he is super cute.

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
burk - congrats mama!!! can't wait for the pics and full story!!!

cara - yep, i think it's destined to be and there is nothing i can do about it! the other night hubbs and i were lying in bed discussing the ox/tiger thing and in the midst of our convo my tummy grumbled REALLY loudly, and it sounded just like a tiger growl. i started cracking up and told hubbs that it was gingerbaby telling to stop futzing about, he's a-gonna be a tiger and that was that
9.gif

================================

so left work for the last time before mat leave today. very odd feeling for me to hang up my white coat and stethoscope knowing i won't be picking them back up until may. good, but odd. emotion-wise i'm coming to terms with induction, sad that i will prob miss out on that IT moment of "SURPRISE, you're going into labor!", which i was looking forward too, but knowing healthwise it's the best thing for gingerbaby since it is unlikely the fluid levels will remain high enough to support him for much longer.

hubbs and i are trying to plan a nice last weekend together. LOTS of eating out at our fave not-so-kid-friendly places
18.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Burk.

Ginger, enjoy your time with your husband. Hoping induction goes smoothly if that''s where you end up.

Mer, so glad everything is okay. Take it easy.

Had my ultrasound and appt with the GD doctor. There are some issues with the size of the baby (she''s small, especially in the abdominal region), amniotic fluid, and blood flow from placenta to baby. They''re going to monitor me twice a week and hope we make it to 39 weeks.

My mom is on her way here for my shower tomorrow, she is more of a worrier than me and the last thing I need is for both of us to be upset. so I''ve got to spin this positively for her. My husband is being fantastic, not suprising. Phew.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Congrats BURK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the world baby Kade, and way to go big sis Tayva
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY CONGRATS BURK!!! Welcome Kade! can't wait to see his picture and hear your story. awesome on the easy labor!

monkey.... you look great...33 weeks WOW. where does the time go??? i am sure it is dragging at this point for you but just hang in there, you are so close to the end.

mere...so glad everything is ok, what an experience! but yep at least you are more familiar with L&D now and what to expect on being monitored etc. it definitely helps! take it easy this wkd.

ginger...re: induction vs surprise, yeah i did not really want to be induced but if that was the way it was going to go, that was the way. just try to stay flexible re: labor and delivery because i think it makes it a lot easier mentally on yourself if you don't have that many expectations. i was a little bummed i had to get pitocin and THEN an epi so soon, but in the end the healthy baby and your body not totally torn up is what matters the most and honestly i don't even think about that as much as i do the 2 hours of pushing to get him here, hehee.

mtj... you may have posted in newborn too but baby blues are totally normal, girl! you are not alone. the hormones are outta control at this point, so just go with them. don't worry about 'what it means' or how you are feeling, just take the feelings as they come. i have been lucky enough to not have had a lot of really extreme up and downs (yet who knows?) but there are a lot of emotions that come with new parenthood, esp mommyhood. you have the birth experience, the healing, the breastfeeding and on top of everything YOU are going through, this whole new being that is reliant on you! it can be overwhelming. my biggest thing so far is just to try to enjoy the positive times i have with the baby, like when he is feeding or sleeping or just staring...and just relish those positive moments. because there will be times when baby is screaming, and you just don't know why and you feel a little hopeless as well. just take them as they come and hang in there. sleep is also SUPER important, if you are not well-rested everything will be exacerbated, so if you can take a break, have your hub or mom or something watch the baby while you take a nap.

one other note re: the first few weeks etc...people keep telling me...things change SO fast. so don't get discouraged... because in a week or two things could change and be totally different. diff stages come and go so quickly when they are this young. so just keep telling yourself that 'THIS' will pass and hang in there.

i'll try to collage my photos today into something postable for 'post partum'. and yes JAS it is cool to feel the belly contracting ...the GYM wow I would love that but i am too paranoid about hurting anything in there right now. we are just taking walks every day and even that exercise feels like 'enough' for right now. i am hoping at about 3-4 weeks to be able to return to bikram...the doctor said it was fine as long as *I* felt it was ok, and she just said be careful with anything that might overly stretch the perineum.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Kade!!

Mara- I can't wait to see your pp collage. Thanks for sharing that with us!

Ginger- I'm sorry that you are feeling down. Just remember that, not matter the process, you are going to have a little man in your arms very very soon!
30.gif

Lookin' FAB Monkey!

I started having some more contrax this afternoon and so I left work. I am now laying comfortably on my couch, after getting a ticket on the way home for my inspection & registration stickers. (I can hear my dad in my head right now... he won't be told about this one
5.gif
) Luckily policeman gave me a warning for my inspection since it is, in his words, only 4 months expired. However he couldn't give me a pass on my registration since that one expired last April! Oops.
41.gif
I ride a commuter bus everyday to work, so it doesn't even cross my mind that I would get caught driving from home to the park'n'ride.

Anyway. Chris and I are headed to the movies tonight. Going to see Valentine's Day, then tomorrow we have our 3D/4d Ultrasound in the AM
36.gif
, and the childbirth class in the afternoon. Woohoo!

Here is my contribution to BPF! 29 weeks and my belly is not contracting in this one
2.gif
. My belly has grown so much!

Mere 2.12.10 29w2d.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
burk - yay!!! welcome baby kade! can''t wait to meet him. hope you are both doing well.

meresal - glad you were at the dr''s office when they happened so that they could monitor you!

monkeypie - great pic!

lovelylulu - you''re looking great too!!

--

so, this weekend we headed to my home state because tomorrow is our couple''s baby shower. we''re staying with my cousin and she surprised us with a "shower in a box." she sent out invites to the family and rounded up gifts for us and put them in a big box for us to open with a note explaining everything. such a cute idea and hubs and i really enjoyed opening all the gifts up. so sweet of her!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
burk~ Congratulations!! Welcome baby Kade!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oops, meresal, i must have missed your last post. you''re still looking great. meanwhile, i have a belly the size of a torpedo! hub''s calls it a bullet belly. haha. i can''t believe you''re having more contractions. eeks. sounds scary. enjoy your evening out. i really want to see that movie too!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meresal, those look like non-maternity jeans to me! Say it ain''t so! Even if they''re not, I can tell you haven''t expanded in the thigh and butt area which I can''t say for myself at 15 weeks! You go!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Burk, congrats on baby Kade!!!

Meresal, I''m so glad to hear that everything is OK. I can''t wait to see pics from your 3D ultrasound, if you choose to post them. My parents flew up from FL today, so the whole family is heading our to get our 3D ultrasound on Sunday. I''ll try to post pics next week after my parents leave ...

Monkey & Lulu, you guys look great!!! If there are any other ladies whose pics I forgot to mention - you all look beautiful!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok here is my collage. i didn't write days on it since i did it in PPT then had to crop it in ms picture due to limited pic editing options hehe ... but the left one is 38 weeks pregnant, the middle one is 5 days post partum, and the right one is 10 days post partum.

i didn't use my 40 weeks pregnant photo to compare, because in the 38 and 5 ones i am wearing the same pants so you can see even my butt and legs are smaller, yay. hehee. but the 40 week didn't seem THAT much diff than the 38, hehe.

i am so surprised at how fast my belly is going down, this breastfeeding thing must really work. funny thing is i have only lost 22 lbs so i have about 16 to go. but my body looks so much better already, i am thinking where are those 16 lbs hiding?!?! maybe 5 are in my ginormous boobs, then i guess 10 would be in my gut??
3.gif

ETA i don't want you guys to think that my belly is practically flat, no way no how. it's still very soft like 'fluffy', but it looks more like a little beer gut. anyway, there is hope for afterwards!
5.gif

mara pp.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Burk, and welcome baby Kade!!!!!

Mara,
YOU look terrific. Gosh 10 days and you look amazing... It took me a few months after having Ash just to have the beer gut look. You're doing great.
35.gif

To everyone else, I love all the belly pics!!!

gingerB, good luck lady thinking of you!!!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Meresal
Glad everything is ok, and the contractions weren''t "labor" contractions.
Your belly so cute.

Monkey
You are so adorable.

Lulu
I love all your belly pics. So artsy, looks like they are from a magazine.

GingerB
Enjoy your weekend. If the baby wants to be a tiger baby, so be it. DH kind of wanted a tiger baby, but my OB said that he would not let me go more than 2 weeks overdue. hehe. Then I reminded him that MIL''s sign isn''t compatible with tiger, or at least that what she said since SIL is a tiger and their relationship isn''t that great.

Kim
Hope everything is ok with the baby and you make it to 39 weeks.
Have fun at your shower tomorrow.

jcrow
"Shower in a box" is such a cute idea. Yay for your thoughtful cousin.
Enjoy your couple shower tomorrow.

Mara
You look great Mama. Breastfeeding worked wonder for me last time. Fingers crossed that it''s the same this time.

Here''s a postpartum belly pic for BPF. hehe. It''s from today, 11 days pp. Yeah I was in PJ all day today. LOL.

kiki_bpf_11d_pp.jpg

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, Ladies

Thank you all for your input. Today, I feel a little bit better, yes it is the hormones that are making me feel like this. I think what I really need is SLEEP! I really need to find the time to post my birth story and some pics I will do that pretty soon!

Burk-CONGRATS! Welcome bebe Kade!
35.gif

GingerB-Praying that you have a smooth delivery! Your up next!
35.gif

MP- You are a cutie!
3.gif

LL-You look awesome as well!
2.gif

The rest of you mommies take care! I really miss being pregnant! It is the best I have ever felt!
5.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS, Burk!!!!! So happy for you and your family!!! Welcome baby Kade!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, qtiekiki. You look amazing.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Burk - congrats! I hope my labour is as easy as yours sounds to have been.

Wow, Mara - that's a huge change in such a short time. Looking good!

QT - Your belly has shrunk dramatically too. I hope mine goes away as quickly!

KimH - How far are you now, about 36 weeks? Don't get too worried about the baby. They know there may be an issue (I've had the small abdomen going on for weeks now, but the fluid has always been fine and the blood flow too. If things get more concerning, they'll just induce you early, but the baby should be fine at this point. Sorry you're having to worry too!

So here's my belated BPF picture. I was about to edit and post it last night when I managed to spill milk all over my computer (laptop) and onto the new leather sectional I was sitting on. Of course it ran off the seat cushion and down the crack into the the back of the sofa, in behind the back cushions. I spent the next 1/2 hour trying to such as much as possible out of my laptop keyboard with paper towel while DH attempted to dry off the sofa. The leather was easy to clean off, but the fabric-covered box spring base and under the back cushions no so much. At least my computer seems to work ok today. Some of the keys aren't working all that great yet, but I'm hoping it'll get better.

Anyhow, here's the 37 week picture, and I'd better get back to unpacking and installing stuff here. I can't believe I only have 3 weeks to go!

37wks.JPG

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all. Just wanted to pop in real quick and say thanks for all the well wishes.

Labor was REALLY REALLY hard as Jacob did not want to come out but the 4 hours of pushing was well worth it in the end. I was so glad to have a vaginal delivery after all the effort. They were preparing the OR for a section when he finally decided to come out.

Any ways we came home on Tuesday and are just trying to adjust. I am literally living in my living room and sleeping on the couch, LOL.I slept in the bedroom with the co-sleeper the first night but DH didn''t get much sleep with how much Jake was up to eat and get changed. With him being in the academy I figured it best to go downstairs till I get a good routine. I don''t get too much sleep but I am functioning OK so far. Jake is a very good baby and doesn''t fuss much, only when he is hungry or wet. He is very alert and happy most of the time which is great for me. I am BFing and that is going well. My milk came in about 2 days ago and that seems to make him even more content when he nurses. He was a natural at latching so I haven''t had any problems yet.

DH tries to spend as much time as possible with him. I feel bad that he has to leave everyday. Tomorrow will be his first full day with Jake so that should be a good day. I know he misses him. Yesterday he got sprayed with super strong pepper spray so he couldn''t even go near him at all. He was so sad he actually cried...which of course made me cry. Thankfully it will all be over in a month and we will really get to spend time together as a family.

I will write my birth story at some point so I can share. Auntie Alj is coming over on Monday so we will have some great pics to post as well. I''ll check in when I can! Thanks again for all the support.

Congrats to you Burk!!!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
QT, you look amazing! You look so much smaller already, I hope I have the same luck.

Mara, I love the collage, that''s something so many of us moms think about. I wasn''t thin to begin with so I am trying not to worry about my belly shrinking. But you really lost it fast! You look great!

drk, I still can''t get over your little belly. So close!

-----

I just have one thing to share today - I got my recliner couch, YAY!
30.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
QT and Mara- Thanks for sharing! You ladies are looking awesome!

Jcrow- The "shower in a box" soudns really neat! I hope you got lots of fun stuff and have a blast at your couples' shower!

Drk- Looking good! Can't believe you are getting so close as well!

MP- Yay for recliners!!

Ok, here are a few piccs from the 3d ultrasound this morning.
I left in trears and so dissapointed actually. Christopher was cuddled right up next to the placenta the entire time, he actually licked it a few times
20.gif
lol, but he wouldn't move away. The lady had me get off the table and move around a bit and kept emphasizing that there needed to be a little bit of a gap between his face and the placenta to get a "good" picture. Well, after 15 minutes he finally pulled back a bit, and then all we could see was the amniotic fluid (shows as black and opaque on 3d imagining. The u/s tech immediately said, "ohh, he went too far." This is when I got upset, that and she kept talking about our baby's "double chin".

I felt so bad for our little guy. I was hoping for these great pictures to see and send our family, but he wasn't in the "right" place. He has no way of knowing that, and I felt like the tech kept asking so much of him. I mean is there really only ONE perfect spot to get good pictures. I highly doubt that. I felt horrible for having such high expectations and not realizing that they were too high. (Welcome to motherhood...)

Anyway, after going to our childbirth class all afternoon, I was feeling much better. We had a great time with our class and I realized that though our pictures weren't perfect, they are still pictures of our little guy and we can't wait to meet him.

Funny part, the tech mentioned something about the baby having dimples, and asked who he got them from, and I immediately replied, "From me." Much to my shock DH was under the impression that the dimples were from HIM.
23.gif
I have never seen a dimple on DH, EVER. He was under the impression that the creases at corners of his mouth were dimples...
20.gif
. Sorry babe, maybe he'll have something else of yours
2.gif

Vesper- Good luck at your 3d ultrasound tomorrow! I hope that you and your family have a wonderful time. Please share a picture or two when you get them back!

3D pic 2.13.10 face1.meresal.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Oh Mere, He''s adorable! Sorry you had a stressful time at the ultrasound place, but he is so cute:)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mere, he is so cute...sorry that you had a hard time with the 3D...i read online in a bunch of reviews when i was trying to find a place that apparently it is really hit or miss with those appts. it seems like it can be a 50/50 shot of where the LO is and where the placenta is and what they can see. and people would give the places like 2 or 3 stars and be like ''they couldn''t see the baby'' and i was like really...they say on their site that there is no guarantee! LOL that he licked the placenta...i heard that is common and we were laughing when the tech told us that. J was cuddled up against the placenta, we joke that it was his teddy bear for 10months.

QT, your belly is tiny girl, you look so amazing!! you were definitely all belly.

drk, i can''t believe you are SO CLOSE. that is so exciting!!

ginger, are you still out there???

KT, good to hear from you, lady...! i sent you a big email this morning BTW. newborn commiseration? hehee.

Kim..sorry to hear that there are some stresses around the baby, but try to stay positive mentally. it is surprising to me sometimes that so many PS ladies have had Dr''s say things like the fluid might be a concern or the weight might be too low etc...when i asked my Dr about things like that she seemed to feel like most of that is just OB''s being SUPER conservative on things, which is good I guess but on the other hand you don''t want to be unncessarily stressed out about ''potential'' issues right? hope it''s all ok.

thanks for the body compliments ladies...it is totally something that i think most of us think about when we are growing the kid... i HOPED i''d bounce back quickly but you just never know so i tried not to think about it and have any expectations. i think the breastfeeding thing really works. just a plug if you are considering it! and i know a fair amt of people who have ended up smaller than when they started too, so you just never know i guess!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
MonkeyPie Are you a shorty
9.gif
You are carrying just like Sabine and Amber! You look great.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2010 12:15:40 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
MonkeyPie Are you a shorty
9.gif
You are carrying just like Sabine and Amber! You look great.

LOL yes - only 5''2" and mostly leg, so the baby has nowhere to go but OUT lol!

Mere, we were kind of stoked to do the 3D, but even for regular ultrasounds we still have yet to get a good look at his little face - he just doesn''t sit where he is supposed to! So we decided not to waste our money. I think the little face shot you got is actually great, you can see his whole face and I LOVE those chunky cheeks! I am all about the double chin lol.

So Excited

Shiny_Rock
It must vary from office to office what is "standard" for ultrasounds. (obviously based on equipment) Are you ladies scheduling separate US''s to get your 3D pics and paying for it separate?
If so, I guess I should be thankful as I have 3D and 4D pics from each of my normal office US''s from 13 weeks and 20 weeks.. They print them off with all of the rest of the normal 2D. It is literally the push of a button for them to convert.... (I say this because we were so thinking we were having a girl and when we had our 20 week and the tech is like.. "It''s definately a boy... see right there..." My fiance was inclined to ask if she could turn it to 3D and print for proof becuase he was having a hard time seeing the little thingy... haha - He''s terrible, I know.. It was a good laught though!)

What does the 3D cost to have independently done?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Drk, thanks for sharing and positive thoughts. I'm not concerned about her size so much as how low my fluid is and the issues with the placenta. I was on the smaller side, I'm clearly carrying very small, so the size of the baby isn't too shocking, and delivering now doesn't scare me except that, well, we're not really ready. It's the worst case scenarios, which OBs are required to provide us, that made me nervous. My perinatoligist and OB are not the type to jump to induction (the radiology doctor was, he told is it to plan on having a baby on Friday) and I'm in great hands, we took a lot of time and care in selecting physicians with great experience whose philosophies match our own. I am calm now, was not on Friday, and am working on the transition from we're in the home stretch and now we just wait to there being potential for needing intervention and that being okay.

Mara, thanks for the pep talk. Luckiily my docs are the opposite of those you describe, it's why we picked my OB, and the peri shares her beliefs. There are some valid concerns about what is going on, but I'm quite calm about it now.

Monkey, glad you got the recliner.

Had my friend/coworker shower this weekend. This kid isn't going to need clothes from us for at least a year. Wow. My mom is still here, going home today.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
KimH - glad your doctors are good ones and you''re keeping it in perspective. I''m with you on not being quite ready yet! As long as they''re keeping a close eye on the fluid and checking the doppler flow to watch for the real danger signs like no end-diastolic flow or reversal of diastolic flow, they''ll know when she''d going to be better off out than in. Hope you get a few more weeks out of it though! Glad you had a great shower. We haven''t had one, and won''t be having one. I guess we have no friends here. Many are back in Germany, and others are scattered across the US and Canada. The only presents we''ve gotten have been from my family, with one exception. Ah well, this kid will end up with enough stuff anyhow.

Mere - sorry the tech was such a pain at the U/S. I think you got a great face shot! Such cute cheeks. As long as there was some fluid between his face and whatever it had been resting against, she should have been able to give you a photo, I''d think. Unless maybe the shots aren''t as clear if the baby''s face isn''t pointing in certain directions? I''m glad we didn''t bother to try to do 3D though. I''m happy to wait and check her out after she gets here.

DH and I finally put our crib together yesterday and I did a load of baby laundry. It''s getting real!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
So excited: My Dr''s office also did the 3d along with the normal 2d u/s. But I opted to do an elective u/s at around 30 weeks or so because they give you larger pictures and a dvd of the u/s---our u/s lasted nearly an hour so we got to see so much....it was worth the money to me.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! I love looking at his little face.
30.gif

Mara- Too funny about your LO being up next to the placenta the whole time. The tech told us that all the blood makes it warm and some babies like to be close to it.
5.gif

We also found out that he is still head down. He has been since the biginning. lol, I think things may move quickly once he decides it is time to come out... he seems to have been preparing for a while.

MP- DH is stoked about the double chin as well. lol!

So Excited- My office does the full 3d appointment including a dvd and printed pictures for $150. However, their machine is broken, so we went to another place that was having a Valentine''s Day Weekend Sale, which was only $99.

drk- Thanks for the input! I think it was neat to do, I made it harder on myself. DH really like it though. I''m not sure if we will do it again for any future children. Not sure if it was totally "worth" it.

Tao- Your''s lasted a whole hour! That is awesome!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results