Congrats Lulu
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
that is so exciting! You''ll have so much fun getting ready for her!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, Lulu! How exciting!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
GO TEAM PINK!!!

Now, go shopping!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so, so, so very much for all of the congratulations!

I''m just beside myself that everything was measuring as it should, 10 fingers, 10 toes, perfect little beating heart.

And now knowing that she''s a she - it all just seems more real.

Oh, the fun that we will have
36.gif

monkey - I''m actually going to try to avoid pink as I know that we''ll be swimming in it soon enough. I don''t have any sisters and I was quite a little tomboy, so it should be interesting to raise a little girl...

hh - I just may have already done that -
5.gif
seriously. i couldn''t help myself. I stumbled upon this store a while back and everything from last summer was on sale. super sale. since we''re having a little june baby, I tucked away the stores info and just checked to see if anything was still in stock and yes, I know that she will largely be living in onsies, but I couldn''t stop myself . . .

littlelulubloomers.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
So cute!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, lulu!
36.gif
Not to sound weird, but I remember your ~12-week ultrasound showed what looked like a girl "nub," so I strongly suspected girl.

p.s. Those outfits are darling!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, LL! Those outfits are just adorable so I don''t blame you one bit.

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Lulu! Go team PINK! You are going to have TONS of fun picking out the cutest stuff for the bebe! Trust me, I can''t help myself!
27.gif

Any names yet?
35.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Adorable outfits lulu!!! Congratulations on team Pink!!!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
lulu, I am sooooo happy for you!!!!! And for once I guessed right! You will love being a girl mommy--it''s so much fun. And I love those adorable outfits!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/3/2010 2:39:07 PM
Author: lovelylulu

GIRL!!!!

Congratulations, lovelylulu! You did the first thing I did when I was sure that I was going to be adopting a girl: went shopping for clothes! I have bought lots of fabulous clothes for the many, many boys in my life,including my beloved godson, but their clothes cannot compare to girl clothes. They just can''t.

AGBF
34.gif

cara

Ideal_Rock
Yay for the GIRL Lulu!!! Yay yay yay.

I had my proper first appt today (I went in last week for a sanity check/quick ultrasound b/c of a prior miscarriage) and everything looks good! Little heartbeat, sucker has a more proper tadpole/baby shape with a head on one end and a tail on the other. Measuring a bit ahead at 7w3d, but that''s not quite enough to adjust the dates so we''re going with Sept. 24 for now! And now a long month before the next visit...

Also, I had a couple blissful hours where the nausea let up on Monday, and again right now the nausea has gone away for like half and hour and I feel like dancing in the streets! OMG, it is insane how oppressive it normally is! The doc gave me a zofran prescription, which I am hesitant to take for the obvious reduce-medicine reasons, but am also a little hopeful that maybe it would help some and I could have a not-miserable February? Its category B like tylenol so hopefully pretty safe. Has anybody else taken it?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 4:50:17 PM
Author: cara
Yay for the GIRL Lulu!!! Yay yay yay.

I had my proper first appt today (I went in last week for a sanity check/quick ultrasound b/c of a prior miscarriage) and everything looks good! Little heartbeat, sucker has a more proper tadpole/baby shape with a head on one end and a tail on the other. Measuring a bit ahead at 7w3d, but that''s not quite enough to adjust the dates so we''re going with Sept. 24 for now! And now a long month before the next visit...

Also, I had a couple blissful hours where the nausea let up on Monday, and again right now the nausea has gone away for like half and hour and I feel like dancing in the streets! OMG, it is insane how oppressive it normally is! The doc gave me a zofran prescription, which I am hesitant to take for the obvious reduce-medicine reasons, but am also a little hopeful that maybe it would help some and I could have a not-miserable February? Its category B like tylenol so hopefully pretty safe. Has anybody else taken it?
I don''t know if it was that med, but a few people I know of here took something or other for ms. Hopefully they will chime in!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
cara-I remember a lot of the ladies that were on here when I was here also took zofran but for heartburn.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Cara, I have many friends who took Zofran for morning sickness and were so grateful to have it! They were really miserable before--constantly throwing up, etc. and the Zofran really helped. It is definitely safe to take while pregnant.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
This is really long, because I was writing this for myself to keep a record of.

Jaron’s Birth Story

We checked into the hospital at 7:30am. The nurse did an urine test. My dr came by at around 8:00am, and did an internal check. I was 1.5cm dilated, so some progress since last Friday appt. Then the nurse gave me enema (sorry if it’s TMI). After that, I got the IV put in and blood was drawn for tests. It was 9:00am when they started the pitocin through the IV. About 15 mins later, the nurse asked if I was feeling contractions. I wasn’t feeling the contraction, but I felt like I was having cramps. She told me that I was already having contractions, and that my body is pretty sensitive to the drug. The nurse set the pump to increase the amount of pitocin every 30 mins. So we were just waiting for the drug to do its job.

Around 11:30am, the nurse checked me and I was only 2-3cm dilated, but contractions were more regular and I was starting to feel more uncomfortable. I told DH that I think I’ll need epi soon. We waited for a few more contractions, and they were starting to feel painful but still tolerable. So I asked for the epi since I was anticipating for them to get more painful. My dr dropped in to check on me. The anesthesiologist came in around 1pm. I didn’t have a good experience with her. First she had me lie on my left side and curled up. She inserted the needle and moved it around looking for a good space. She asked me where I feel the needle to help her locate the space, which I did, but she still couldn’t find a good spot. So she took it out, and inserted at a different location. She still could get a good space this time, so she had me sit up. The whole time she was doing this, she was speaking to the nurse in Mandarin (not knowing I understand her) and saying how I am all bone and there’s no space. She was able to get the catheter inserted when I sat upright, and started the epi. The epi worked really fast, and I was no longer feeling the contractions. I have to use my hands to feel the belly tightening. Otherwise, I wouldn’t know I was having contractions. DH left to go home to check on Meena, and grab some lunch since I was comfortable and not expecting to delivery soon.

At 1:48pm, I was 3-4cm dilated. The nurse said the baby might come soon. I was surprised since I was only 3-4cm dilated. She said to call her if I feel pressure. She came back a few times to look at the monitors for the contractions and baby HB. Everything was going fine. She checked me again at 2:32pm, and I was 7cm dilated. She kept saying that the baby might come soon. So I called DH, and he was already in the hospital parking lot. At 2:50pm, I was 7-8cm dilated, and the nurse was getting things ready for delivery. At 3:10pm, I was almost 10cm. So a couple staffs came in to get ready. My dr. came in at around 3:30pm. He told me that he is going to break my water since the nurse told him that it’s still intact. When he checked, it was already gone. He then told me to how and when to push. He was putting his mask and a new pair of gloves on when a contraction was coming on, and they told me to push. So I did. Halfway through the push, they told me to stop. Apparently, I was pushing too effectively, and the baby’s head was already coming out. They joked that the baby will fly out if I just cough, so I started laughing (which is causing the baby’s head to come out). They told me I couldn’t laugh, but another contraction came on just when they said that and they said “ok you can continue laughing“. I laughed through the first half of that contraction, and then pushed a second time during the same contraction. The baby’s head was out. I pushed once more, and baby Jaron was here. I ended up with a 2nd degree tear, and my placenta had started to calcify (so the induction was a good decision).

I breastfed right after they cleaned and wrapped him up. He latched and sucked great immediately. He pooped 3 times in hospital and peed , so he is getting enough food. We went home the next night after the induction b/c I like to be comfy in our own bed. Meena is doing ok with the baby. She wants to hold and touch him, but she also wants me to hold and carry her. I am recovering well. I am not swollen, and hadn’t needed any pain medications. I have to say that I don’t remember how tar-like the meconium was, and it’s really hard to get off the butt and testes. And totally forgot how tiring these sleepless nights are.

Here''s a pic of us after he was cleaned and wrapped and handed to me. Some of you saw this on FB already.

kiki_n_jj.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
another pic of JJ from today.

jj.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Lulu
Yay for team pink.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
QT, he''s so precious! congratulations again!

cara

Ideal_Rock
QT, what a beautiful baby boy! And sounds like a nice second birth. Glad the induction turned out well.

Thanks everyone for the reassurance on zofran. I''ll pick some up soon and give it a try... (fingers crossed it helps!)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
YAY for team PINK, LL!!! Sooooo happy for you!!!

Congratulations, QT!!! So glad things went so well for you!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
lulu - awww...congrats on team pink! you are going to have so much fun picking out little outfits for her!!

cara - glad to hear there''s been some improvement in the ms!

qt - aww...i loved your birth story! it''s really nice to hear such a positive induction story esp since i''m getting ready to face that decision myself. i remember your turmoil in making that decision and i''lm glad that it was the right one! sorry that anesthesiologist was such a jerk, but at least the epi worked well! baby jaron is beautiful, congrats again mama!

kaleigh - thanks for the support! and i really really hope you''re not serious about not being around...ps would NOT be the same without you!!!
mtj - thanks for opening door dust -- i''d love even just a teeny tiny crack! lol on the hospital remarks, isn''t it funny how dramatically people react when they know how close you are?

vespergirl - thank you so much for your story...you''ve def given me renewed hope! i had to giggle at the visual of grandparents frantically throwing together baby gear!

mer - yeah, the snoring got/is pretty bad. i feel bad for hubby. oh, and wait till the drooling starts. seriously sexy.
13.gif

========================

i''m feeling more at peace today. i''m a realist, but usually a pretty positive person and i really hate feeling down. i''ve found that the best way for me to deal with this is to talk things out A LOT until i can wrap my mind around it and have a sounding board. i had a long talk with hubbs who was really supportive (like always
30.gif
) and told me not to worry about his work, and to just focus on myself and gingerbaby. i also got to talk to a couple of other recently preggo colleagues who gave a some great perspective on the situation, and of course all you guys have been seriously a saving grace. it''s really nice to have a place to just vent semi-anonymously. thanks ladies
1.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mer, my husband went so far as to drive me and pick me up from the class, but he went to dinner instead of coming with me. He felt really bad when I heard I was in the minority and asked "What did the men get out of attending?" to which I replied "I don''t know. Here''s a summary." I can understand wanting to your SO to come along, it just wasn''t a priority for me; he went to the childbirth classes, and that was really important to me.

Lulu, congratulations on your little girl.

Qtie, you look fabulous and Jeron is darling!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Lulu, congrats on team pink!

KTIceRN, I am thinking about you - hope that things progress when you need them to!

QTieKiki, thanks for sharing your birth story. Jaron is a doll!

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
QT: thanks for posting your birth story...i loved reading it! glad the induction turned out so well. Jaron is adorable...and you look gorgeous too! Can''t wait to see a pic of Meena and Jaron together. :)

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
QT- I love your birth story! I am glad that things went well. I can''t believe that the doc was talking in your language to someone else. I don''t think that''s cool, I would''ve gotten more nervous! But anyways, Baby Jaron is a cutie pie!
30.gif

Okay, ladies. First time mommy here. I am feeling this nasty annoying pressure on top of my tummy. Like if someone were pushing downward. WTF is that? It''s sooo freaken annoying! It''s uncomfortable and hurts. I have to lie down on one side or stand up. Anyone experience this?
25.gif

Thx!

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
gingerb-Don''t worry girl! You will be okay! Your door is probably opening up already and not even know it! You never know your water might break tonight! Try to distract yourself and walk around a bit! Maybe your bebe needs a little push!
17.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 8:22:08 PM
Author: mtjoya
QT- I love your birth story! I am glad that things went well. I can''t believe that the doc was talking in your language to someone else. I don''t think that''s cool, I would''ve gotten more nervous! But anyways, Baby Jaron is a cutie pie!
30.gif

Okay, ladies. First time mommy here. I am feeling this nasty annoying pressure on top of my tummy. Like if someone were pushing downward. WTF is that? It''s sooo freaken annoying! It''s uncomfortable and hurts. I have to lie down on one side or stand up. Anyone experience this?
25.gif

Thx!
Is the pain up top or below?? I know I had a lot of pressure on my esophogus (SP?).. Not sure if that''s what you are referring to?

rockpaperscissors67

Shiny_Rock
QT, aww, your little man is so beautiful! He has such lovely skin! It sounds like his birth was quite peaceful, but it''s funny that you laughed him out! =)

Lulu, congrats on your little girl! I was a tomboy when I was a kid, and I ended up having girly girls that went through phases where they refused to wear pants at all. =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results