clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 4:00:28 AM
Author: Samantha Red
Date: 9/28/2009 2:58:13 PM

Author: jcrow

just popping in to say that we''re also expecting! i made 9 weeks this past saturday. i''ve been secretly reading this thread since i found out and have been working up the courage to post the news.
Many congrats jcrow. Your wedding photos were the first that I saw after joining PS when I was a L in W and your baby will be one beautiful bundle!

you''re very sweet. thank you!!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats jcrow!

Goodluck Anchor on the 3 hour--it completely sucks but hopefully you''ll find a way to pass the time.

sorry this might be TMI:

I''ve been having this weird pain on my right hand side, about midway up. It''s not a period like cramp, or a ligament cramp, and it''s not a contraction. It''s just this consistent dull pain that won''t really go away even when I change positions--I woke up at 2 a.m. to use the bathroom and it was on the verge of being diarrhea---and the pain started about 2 hours later. It has kept me pretty much awake since about 4:30ish this morning. Do you think the pain is just a bad gas bubble or something to do with my bowel movements? I''ve never really felt anything like this before.

Again, I''m so sorry for all the information!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
J- I'm seriously so excited for you and your DH! I loved meeting both of you last summer and you all are two of the nicest/sweetest people I have ever met. You're going to make incredible parents.
Going from the tech's measurement at our last ultrasound, we will be 10 weeks tomorrow. So only 3 days ahead of you!
5.gif
I have another u/s today, so maybe they will give me an update, since it's been 4 weeks and the baby has grown a bit more.

Have you found a doctor that you want to use?

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
JCROW! Congrats senorita!! so excited for you!!! I was on Joe''s website a little while back recommending it to a friend and showed her your video. Just gorgeous.

Mara - I''m with you one the kicks thing. It think it''s adorable right now and lots of fun, but I have a feeling i''ll be singing a different tune ina few months! I tend to not notice as much in the daytime bcause I''m so busy, so it seems like my little GingerBaby is a night owl!

Mandarine - woohoo! glad everything is progressing as scheduled! can''t wait to meet your little ones!

Indy - hmmm... i''m kinda starting to really like the look of the baby mod cadence in ebony. what pieces are you buying with it? did you get to see it in person before you bought it?

phoenixgirl - hubbs and i are having a mini freakout aboiut h1n1 also -- one of his co-workers i confirmed and he had been at work for 2 weeks with temps and sniffles etc... exposing everyone so hubbs is terrified he''ll bring it home to me. and one of my patients is confirmed also. every day more and more are int he hospital and i''m so anxious for the vaccine to come out. totally feeling y aon the workplace anxiety here.

amber - we have all hardwood. not sure what we''re gonna do when Gingerbaby starts to be more mobile.

My stretchy work slacks are going to be ready tomorrow! woohoo! GingerGuy even volunteered to go pick it up as soon as they''re done cuz he know''s how uncomfortable i''ve been. Seriously, zipping up my regular slacks is no longer even an option. My beely is continuing to pop, but my weight is stalling a bit. SO i''m anxious to get to the doc''s and make sure everything is ok. Does the weight come in spurts for anyone else? I''m def not eating less!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 9:26:52 AM
Author: taovandel
Congrats jcrow!

Goodluck Anchor on the 3 hour--it completely sucks but hopefully you''ll find a way to pass the time.

sorry this might be TMI:

I''ve been having this weird pain on my right hand side, about midway up. It''s not a period like cramp, or a ligament cramp, and it''s not a contraction. It''s just this consistent dull pain that won''t really go away even when I change positions--I woke up at 2 a.m. to use the bathroom and it was on the verge of being diarrhea---and the pain started about 2 hours later. It has kept me pretty much awake since about 4:30ish this morning. Do you think the pain is just a bad gas bubble or something to do with my bowel movements? I''ve never really felt anything like this before.

Again, I''m so sorry for all the information!

No idea...I would call your Dr though to be safe.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 9:30:43 AM
Author: meresal
J- I''m seriously so excited for you and your DH! I loved meeting both of you last summer and you all are two of the nicest/sweetest people I have ever met. You''re going to make incredible parents.

Going from the tech''s measurement at our last ultrasound, we will be 10 weeks tomorrow. So only 3 days ahead of you!
5.gif
I have another u/s today, so maybe they will give me an update, since it''s been 4 weeks and the baby has grown a bit more.

Have you found a doctor that you want to use?

you''re soo sweet! i thrilled for you too! that''s so neat that we''re are SO close in our pregnancy!

ah, so you''ve had an ultrasound already. i was wishing that we would on our first visit, but we had to wait 2 weeks for it. so, next tuesday i''ll be able to get a better idea of how far along i am and a more accurate due date.

i think i''ve found a doctor. we haven''t met her yet, though. the first appointment was with a nurse tech. we should meet our doctor tuesday for our ultrasound.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
gingerB - hehe, it took me a while to realize that you were gingerBcookie when i first saw you posting! i''m so excited that you are expecting as well!! how far along are you?

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Jcrow--i missed the news that you are expecting. Congrats!
36.gif

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Tao - could it just be strain on one of your abdominal muscles? I''ve had a dull ache by my left hipbone for a few days, and when I rub the area, it feels like its the transverse abdominal muscle acting up from the stretching. Otherwise I''ve had pretty severe abdo pains at times from bowel stuff.

The other thing that it could be if you''re feeling unwell (and have your appendix) is appendicitis. Your colon and intestines shift up during pregnancy, and your appendix actually ends up towards your liver later on. They can always have a look with an ultrasound to make the diagnosis if you''re concerned. Change in bowel habits and abdo pain could possibly indicate that (I''m no surgeon though!). Appendicitis and cholecystitis aren''t all that uncommon in pregnancy - I did the anesthetic for a 6.5 week pregnant woman a couple weeks back.

Hope you''re feeling better already and that it turns out to be nothing but gas!

Fisher - thanks for checking in on me - you''re too sweet! Things are pretty status quo here. Still having tightenings about once an hour, most I feel more from gently touching my belly vs any really weird feelings inside. I''m off work till Thurs this week to let things settle, and then I''m going back part-time, just Tues-Thurs. I''m hoping that taking it easy will reduce my stress levels and help this kiddie make it to full term! DH is now gone on business for 3 days, but he stocked the fridge for me before he left, so I''ve got lots of leftovers and a frozen lasagne to pig out on. I''m still not doing too well on the weight front - only up 1.5 kg according to my scale so far (3-4 lb) at 17.5 weeks. Since I''m skinny to start with, I think I''m supposed to gain about 14kg. If there''s usually 0.5kg a week from here on out, I''m running out of time so squeeze in the weight gain! I''m eating more now and have added in protein shakes (usually for weight loss, but I''m having them 1-2x a day as an extra snack/drink) to get some more calories into me.

I was a little worried about one of my teeth last night when I noticed my gum was really sore after dinner. Dental floss pulled out a small piece of meat, I brushed twice and rinsed with Scope, and this morning it''s all better! Thank God - I don''t think I could have dealt with a dental abscess on top of everything else!

Our gorgeous future house flew through its inspection on Sat, we submitted our life insurance applications yesterday, I sent in my bump-up-my-disability-insurance forms last week, so hopefully after we sort out our future house insurance and see a lawyer about wills, we''ll be all set.

What car seats have you all gotten? I saw a review on the Maxi Cosi Foray last night that goes with the Maxi Cosi Mico car seat, and I''m thinking that might be the stroller for me. An adjustable handlebar is just what DH and I need at 6'' tall! Too bad I was trying to see if the car seat still comes in Penguin, but I can only find it in Phantom. Does anyone have the Foray stroller?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
drk i am glad you checked in, i was thinking of you last nite. hope you feel a bit better now that the tightenings are kind of more consistent but nothing is happening. pregnancy is definitely TRYING to teach me patience and mellowness that is for sure. key word is trying.
3.gif
or rather ''lack of control and being ok with it'' hahaha.

thanks for the info on poking the babelet once he tries to go all subway sandwich like amber. i was telling greg that last nite and he looked horrified. i was like JUST WAIT!!! and yeah for now i find the kicks cute because they are so small, he alternates between bldader and cervix too, but i know at some point it will not be so fun anymore. and he is still all on the left side, i felt it last nite when i got up from bed, just a really heavy left side feeling. mandarine, now i imagine him all hanging on for dear life to the left side since i do alternate sleeping on left and right sides at night. maybe he got tired of hearing my gas bubbles on the right.

speaking of gas, tao...what you described made me think of some of the gas pain i have. i get ridiculously sharp and persistent gas pain sometimes at night..and it feels like it swells my belly and that whole area and hardens it too. sometimes it''s very uncomfortable. tums doesnt really do much for it... so usually i just try to go to sleep, that helps. but i would say if it persists like through part of today and its still the same to ask the dr for sure. or maybe if you can email them, we have email with our dr''s and it''s great because it''s for non-urgent issues and they can tell you to come in or not etc.

re: teeth, the dr''s told me that your teeth can get bad during preggo due to the baby stripping you of vitamins etc, like your bones getting weaker. due to the crazy amt of cereal i am consuming, hopefully the milk will help me hehe. and also my eyesight has slightly deteriorated. so sad.

drk, i think i saw the foray in a store this wkd... 4 wheels right? i didn''t love it but then again it just looked like a regular stroller to me, kind of like the graco. for some of the more expensive strollers they need to look like something extremely worth the extra haha. i am more and more in love with the quinny every time i see it and i pushed a few of them around and sheesh, most of them are so unwieldy. the quinny moves like a dream. i think i might have to succumb and buy it instead of getting the bee through greg''s work. we are doing snap and go for the first 4-6 months anyway with the infant car seat so i have some time on the stroller but i think i''m in love. we are just getting regular graco snug ride since so many people recommended it for the infant. i tried to find the least patterned one i could.

according to greg i look ''really pregnant now'' whereas before i was ''fakey pregnant''... ok...well i''ll take it i guess.
3.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Morning all! I''m wearing my first (and only) pair of maternity jeans. MAN these things are comfy. Good thing it''s been so freaking hot in So. CA because I''ve avoided buying any new clothes, I''ve been living in yoga/capri/goucho/leggings/skirts the WHOLE summer. Being pregnant during the CA summer is brutal!

So we''ve figured out what we''re doing for strollers. First we''re getting the Graco Snugride Snap n Go, since we''re using the Snugride 32 carseat. Then, we''re going with the Maclaren Triumph in Coffee. We spent a few hours in BRU going over the strollers and their folding ability. We liked the Maclaren the best.

Anchor: good luck today!!

Tao: I also have no idea what that could be!

Natalina: Good luck to you, too! I hope everything is good for you.

Phoenix: I can''t believe the school nurse was so unhelpful regarding the H1N1. Hello, obviously you''re amongst the group that is at risk!

I think the baby has moved. Last night I felt movement higher than before. Yikes that was weird. She''s still sticking whatever it is out of the sides of my belly. I can''t wait until my 32 week u/s on Thursday to find out how she''s positioned.

Confession: I''m a registry stalker. Someone bought our high chair! Nothing too great, the Little Hoot by Graco one. I love owls, and they''re all over her room (well, when we do anything in it). So excited!

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 10:28:35 AM
Author: drk
What car seats have you all gotten? I saw a review on the Maxi Cosi Foray last night that goes with the Maxi Cosi Mico car seat, and I'm thinking that might be the stroller for me. An adjustable handlebar is just what DH and I need at 6' tall! Too bad I was trying to see if the car seat still comes in Penguin, but I can only find it in Phantom. Does anyone have the Foray stroller?

check albeebaby.com - i got the penguin maxi cosi - on clearance for $109. also check out the phil&teds sport buggy - it has an adjustable handle. i'm fairly tall 5'9" and i don't even need to use the 'tallest' handle setting ;-)

phil&teds also makes an adapter bar for the maxi cosi car seat if you wanted.. however, the stroller does fold flat so you can put a newborn in the stroller :) and, according to my sister, the 'nap'ability' of a stroller is important... who would have thunk?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Daisy was LOT (Left Occiput Transverse) from about 2.5 months out and didn''t move from that position at all - even in labour
38.gif

I used to prod bits of her all the time - especially her feet as she used to stick them out of my right side all the time. I knew she had big feet before she was even born! She would either move away or kick me back.

Activity definitely slowed down in the final weeks - or at least there was less force behind the kicks as she could get as much momentum! Definitely enjoy the movements at the beginning, by 35 weeks you will be getting pretty sick of them - especially when they keep you awake half the night!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Late to the game, but congrats JCrow! Goodness, so many of the PS old timers are now having BABIES!!!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Congrats to JCrow and all the other new mommies-to-be!

lili

Ideal_Rock
A little late...but congrats to JCrow.
I remember seeing your wedding pictures and thinking that you guys are going to have some gorgeous babies.
Anyway, hope you have a smooth 9 months.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
The pain comes and goes so far. I think it might have more to do with the position of the baby--so it might just be a stretching of the uterus problem. I went for a walk with my husband at work for about 15 minutes and the pain went away for a bit after the walk. It slowly returned about an hour later though and is now gone. I''m thinking appendicitis wouldn''t do that, right? Also, I noticed earlier today (prior to my walk) that when it started hurting on my side, I could feel the babies Head/Butt I can''t really tell. But it was really hard in a certain area. I''m hoping this baby will change positions again quickly because another night and day like I just had won''t make this mommy very happy!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Drk
We checked ou the Maxi Cosi Foray at BRU. It pushes pretty well and has great features. Folding of the stroller will take some practice b/c you have to push a few different buttons, pull/push at certain spots and then finally close the stroller. I am sure once you get used to that, it'll fine. It just seems complicated to us when we were trying it out, and that really turned us off from that stroller (especially since we were comparing it to something that was much simpler to fold and unfold). With that said, now we have our umbrella stroller that takes a few steps to fold also (actually it might be very similar to the folding the foray since Maxi Cosi and Quinny are both made by Dorel Juvenille Group), and it really doesn't bother us at all. I think it's worth checking out. Go playing around with it if you get a chance. Push it around the store, and really try it out.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Mara
I think if you keep going back and thinking about the Quinny, you need to get it. Buy Buy Buy.
25.gif
31.gif
LOL.
Seriously though, we love ours and it really does do well in most surfaces b/c of the large inflated tires.

GingerB
Our first floor is tile, and Meena slips and falls on there when walking and she is fine (but I act more like a second time mom and am not super protective). But they make these baby helmet if you are ever interest: http://www.babysfirstheadgear.com/

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Tao, I don''t know what to tell you.
8.gif
Why not call your doctor just to ask? It can''t hurt. It''s probably something to do with the baby''s position, but it''s hard to say. I think you''d know if you had appendicitis . . . not that I have any experience with this, but I think that''s one of those things where you *know* the pain is bad enough to go to the hospital.

Argh, 36 weeks and 5 days here. More back pain, both muscle tightness and period-like cramps. I had them pretty bad at my breast feeding class last night (very helpful, by the way). I did a workout on Friday, and I''m wondering if that will be my last. It''s hard for me to think about not working out (loss of muscle strength), but seriously, I am almost 37 weeks pregnant and obviously will have to wait 6 weeks after she''s born.

The baby is making me super mellow. Crazy/ridiculous things keep happening at work, and I''m like, hmmm, that''s too bad, yawn . . . Usually I''m a lot feistier!

DH has been making an effort to be home more, or at least to ask me before scheduling things and making a point to cook/plan dinner regardless of what he does. I''m not totally convinced that he is actually staying home much more (playing softball right now, and if he weren''t doing that, he would be jogging or doing a group ride), but I guess the point is that he is aware of my feelings and gives me veto power on everything, and before he would have just planned to be doing things right from when he got home until bed time. I think I probably just need to use the veto power more, but I don''t like to make him miss things unless I have an actual reason for it.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Tao - appendicitis pain would be worse with pushing on the general area, would hurt more if you were moving around, walking etc. And I don''t think it''d go away. It must just be something stretching or the baby pushing on things from inside. Hope it goes away soon though!

Thanks for the stroller feedback - I''ll have to get out and try it out sometime later on when I start feeling a little more confident about these contractions not being anything to worry about. I''ll be laying very very low till then!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Tao - I had BAD pain at one point that was basically in the same spot as the appendix, and so they worked me up for that. It turned out to be round ligament pain.
20.gif
I had NO idea that RLP could be that bad. And i had experienced ligament pain before, too, and I didn''t think it was ligament pain until that''s what they diagnosed it as. You sure it''s not that? Otherwise I don''t know. I''m sorry, that sounds painful.

DRK - thinking of you.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Congrats JCrow!!! I too will always remember you for your gorgeous Peony''s and beautiful wedding pics. Congrats on your pregnancy! This thread is just getting richer and richer with the amount of PS "regulars". What a blessing it all is!

36.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Our appointment went really well today... I just can''t believe how big our little bud has gotten!! Gosh, it''s just amazing!!
5.gif
Our first reaction was, Wow, Huge! Lol. The tech said we are measuring right at 10 weeks, though she said it is still too early to change our due date. So, I guess we''ll have a better answer at our next appt in 3 weeks.

I''m not showing at all, so I think that would explain the fact that our bud is taking up all of the space possible!
3.gif

092909.10weeks.3.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I think our bud looks like a teddy bear in this one!
30.gif
*upside down of course*

092909.10weeks.4.jpg

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Blen: It might be round ligament pains....I just normally have it on the lower part of my belly. This one freaked me out a bit because it was higher up about midway up on the right hand side. The pain has completely gone away---so it probably was just RLP.

Mere: Great U/S pics. I''m a bit confused though---I heard the earlier u/s are the ones that make it easier to date the pregnancy. We got our due date based on our 10 week 1 day u/s and were told the due date wouldn''t change even if our next u/s said something different.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Had my 16 wk appt. yesterday. Risk for Down Syndrome 1:14,000, risk for Trisomy 18 1:31,000. Heart rate 140 bpm; my OB is still guessing girl. Need to be careful with my weight, according my her (up 11 lbs. on her scale 9 on mine); I haven''t been eating a ton, just not what I normally would, all I wanted until last week was sourdough bread, peanut butter and cereal, but I think the biggest thing is that I normally chug water and I haven''t been able to stomach it, so I''ve been drinking lemonade instead. Lots of extra calories. I''m back to water being okay so hopefully that will slow the gain down. She mentioned GD, I think to scare me, because my weight still falls in the normal range for BMI using the weight from her scale. So we went out to dinner to celebrate a great appt. not exactly following doctor''s orders. No more lemonade starting today (and more fruits and veggies).

My coworker gave me two bags of clothes yesterday and said there''s more to come. The pants are great, the tops are going to be tricky (my chest is much larger than hers).

Great pictures, meresal. Glad all is well.

Sorry you''re hurting, phoenix.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
meresal: great pictures!! i can''t believe my little bean is about that size too! wow.

and yeh, i''m with taovandel. i read that the earlier the u/s the better to tell the date of the baby since early on they are all the same size. when more time passes, the size of the baby is more variable.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jcrow, congrats little mama! Hope you have a smooth and quick 9 months!!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies. I also thought that it was easier to date in the earlier stages. The only thing I can imagine, is that since this wasn't my regular doctor, she didn't want to chage anything without my doc there.

Tao- I'm so sorry to hear about all the pain you are having. I hope you can get it cleared up soon.

Kimberly- Yay for free clothes!Did your doctor tell you a weight to stay under for the entire pregnancy?

Phoenix- I know exactly wehre you are coming from, re: not just sitting still when getting home. Up until last week DH was playing sports 3 night a week (Tues/Wed/Thurs). I was furious when he told me, but said he would get rid of one, which he did... then luckily for me this season, softball and football are on the same night. So I get my husband back, two more nights a week.
36.gif

It's nice that your DH is showing a bit more empathy, at least he gave you veto power. I guess make the most of it! Do you go to his softball games?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results