30.gif

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Fiery--she''s soooo cute!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Sabine!
35.gif

Just popping in to wish you and Mr. Sabine a wonderful anniversary tomorrow!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Fiery - I WUV her! She''s so cute and squishy!!!

re: Alcohol. I abstained for the first half of my pregnancy (I was also really nauseous which helped
20.gif
) but I did enjoy a small glass of wine in the later half with dinner. I come from an Italian family, and it is really "normal" to have a glass of wine with dinner while preggo. Anyways, Romeo is perfect (if I do say so myself).

Obvie we know the dangers and risks associated with drinking while preggo, and it''s everyone''s choice what they decide to do.

that said...everything in moderation is okay by me
2.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Fiery, she''s gorgeous! I love her black hair
30.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
fiery she is just beautiful!

lili

Ideal_Rock
fiery--
she''s adorable!
can''t wait to see her hair goes wild in the following months.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Zoe, if you''re still lurking, Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. Zoe as well! What are you two doing to celebrate?

OMG Fiery, she is just adorable!!!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATULATIONS fiery, Sophia is stunning!!!! Well done mamma!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
fiery, Sophie is so cute! Glad her jaundice is under control. Congrats again!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2009 10:24:14 PM
Author: mela lu

re: Alcohol. I abstained for the first half of my pregnancy (I was also really nauseous which helped
20.gif
) but I did enjoy a small glass of wine in the later half with dinner. I come from an Italian family, and it is really ''normal'' to have a glass of wine with dinner while preggo. Anyways, Romeo is perfect (if I do say so myself).

Obvie we know the dangers and risks associated with drinking while preggo, and it''s everyone''s choice what they decide to do.

I agree, mela. You should do what feels comfortable for you. Me personally, I would (will) abstain completely. I have seen too many tiny little preemies. Knowing what a 25 weeker looks like, I cannot imagine putting any amount of alcohol in their system. We know what a LOT of alcohol does to the brain, so small amounts make me nervous too!

fiery- She is an absolute doll. Just gorgeous! Congrats to you and the Mr
36.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Fiery~She''s absolutely beautiful. Love all that hair! Congrats!!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think I may have jinxed myself by saying how well I''d been feeling thus far. Ever since the first trimester nausea, I haven''t had much to complain about, even fewer headaches and less (although different) congestion than usual. But yesterday I got hit with back/body aches and a headache and a case of the grumps, and my digestive system seems to be slowing down. I need to work on my posture; I think I''ve been leaning back to accommodate my growing belly. Luckily I''m feeling better today but I''m still wary of overdoing it. I want to go for a walk today but I probably won''t do the 75 minutes I did on Friday.

I actually ran into some unpasteurized dairy product the other night. A friend owns a cow (though it resides on a farm, not at her house), and she made homemade ice cream from its milk. It''s hard to find unpasteurized stuff commercially but this was definitely not something I could have, so I munched on some chocolate instead.

In other news, I have been learning French! I am a productive procrastinator, and I really should be preparing lesson plans for the new to me AP course I''ll be teaching next year. I am about halfway through the 600 page summer reading book, but that has mostly come from attending DH''s bike races where there''s really nothing else to do but read. So instead of doing the lesson plans, I have been channeling all my energy into learning French through Rosetta Stone. So far, so good! I don''t think the method (total immersion -- no English directions, translations, etc.) would work for everyone, nor would it work for me with a non-Romance or Germanic language. DH is fluent, and I have to check what I am learning with him (for example, I know some Spanish and from Spanish I know about feminine and masculine articles, but in French there are feminine and masculine versions even of possessive pronouns . . . who knew?). I think if I didn''t already know some Spanish and have a good grasp of English grammar, I would be very confused! You have to be one of those naturally lingual people to learn very foreign (no pun intended) languages like Swahili or Mandarin using this method, I expect.

I wonder, though, if sitting for hours doing my lessons added to the back aches. I envisioned being able to do them outside on our porch or back deck, but I have to speak loudly for it to recognize my pronunciation, and more often than not I get it wrong (sometimes ten times or more), so I don''t really want to be outside yelling, "La voiture est rouge! La voiture est rouge!" as strangers pass by. So I''m stuck inside. I might try the kitchen counter so I am sitting more upright.

DH has promised to take me to France next summer to celebrate our 5 year anniversary (this December but we won''t be going anywhere with a 6 week old!) and Grandma has promised to babysit. We''ve been there four times together already, and I''d been fearing with kids that we wouldn''t get to go again for a long time. I''m hopeful that we can get into a routine where we''re comfortable traveling both with and without the kid(s)

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
o fiery what a doll
30.gif

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Morning ladies.

Phoenix- I''ve been wondering about Rosetta Stone and if it works. My DH wants the Spanish one. I have the funniest image of you sitting on your porch yelling "La voiture est rouge!" like some crazy person. Love it! I totally think you should go do it somewhere public. If anyone looks at you funny, just point to your belly. That''s awesome your DH is taking you to France- I love France, spent part of my junior year abroad there. What part do you think you''ll go this time?

The tired thing has hit me big-time. Yesterday I went to Target to do some shopping for all of the things that I supposedly need for when le bebe shows up. I find it interesting how fast the new moms know all of this stuff. It''s all so foreign to me still, and half the stuff seems to be identical. But I called my friends who have had babies in the past 3 months, and they all sounded like pros, so I guess you just pick it up. Anyways, had tons of things I wanted to get done yesterday, but after Target had to go home and lay around all day, just was so worn out. Did watch Pretty Woman and Pineapple Express, so it was an enjoyable time on the couch, but still. I haven''t written ANY thank you notes from my 3 showers yet. Yikes, need to start those. And this morning, got up to go to work and after my shower had to take a nap before work. Yes, I took a nap from 8:30 am to 9:30 am!

Things are starting to come together. Our crib is set up, we started washing all of our clothes and towels and stuff. Painters are supposed to come Wednesday to paint the nursery. I''ve ordered the glider and the changing pad, so just waiting on them. Still need to do carseats, hospital bag and buy some other stuff. But feeling less stressed about it. In fact, I am feeling rather blase about it all- either it will get done or it won''t. He''s coming either way!

Ok, now names. Figured it''s a slow Monday morning, so it''s a good time to throw our name list out there. I go through phases of loving some of them, and then being just bored to tears over all of them. I like them all together, but feel kind of bored when I try to pick just one.

Oliver James A_______
Oliver Jude A________
Luke Michael A_______
Jude Michael A_________
Henry James A_________
Dashiell James A________ ("Dash")
William Dashiell A_______ - not sure, Will, Liam, Dash
John Dashiell A_____ ("Dash")
Dominic James A________

Most of the names have some sort of connection either to family or something else that "means" something to us, but not all of them. Ideally, the middle name will have some connection to either family or a fave book or something.

Some family names we could use:
John/Jack
Ryan
Theodore
Charles
Reed
Sisto
Wagner
Downs
Isaac
Clayton
Joseph
Patrick

DH has pretty recent Irish, German and Mexican heritage. I have the basic Irish/English/Scottish/German heritage, but from way back.

Any thoughts are welcome, or any other suggestions.

ChinaCat
36w1d

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
aww Fiery!! She's adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks for sharing your borth story! I hope things start getting easier for you guys!
5.gif

Phoenix - That's awesome! i always wnated to learn French. I took a c ouple of classes in college, but that was pretty much it!

Sabine - Hope you had a great Anniversary!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Congratulations!!!

LL - 32 weeks!!! You're getting close!

CC - How on earth did you make it to 35 weeks wearing tongs? You're my underwear idol....even the granny panties bother me now! lol.

As for me, I finally think I finished most of my registry!!....that was a long an annoying process!. I've been stalking the registry (I know, bad Mandarine) so I know a few things have already been bought (just don't know from whom)! yayy!! So exciting!
36.gif
36.gif

I also bought a maternity belt and I think it's helping a bit for the back pain (specially during work hours when I sit for hours!). Hopefully it does the trick because my back has been killing me
14.gif

Other than that, the boys are moving/kicking like CRAZY!!!!!!!!. I love all the external kicks, but I'm getting these kicks inside that feel SO WEIRD. I was wondering if they were kicks or something else?....how do I know if it's kicks or Braxton hicks?. It's like a movement were I guess I would think the cervix is. I think it's a kick just because it's so quick...for it creeps me out a little. I know this is TMI, but it almost feels like I'm about to have an orgasm, gotta pee and got a kick all at the same time. Anyone have this??

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
fiery - Your daughter is so beautiful. Congrats again!

phoenix - Bonne chance avec vos cours de français!
28.gif
French is not easy, especially compared to English (the feminine/masculine thing is usually quite the headache!), but I''m sure you''ll be great. Personally, I think the immersion method is one of the best methods to learn a language.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I most have been posting at the same time you were China!

I love Oliver and Luke for first names!
30.gif
. I also love Reed (as a first or middle).

Boys names are just so hard. DH doesn''t even want to discuss it anymore. I said maybe we''ll wait until the boys are big enough and can choose their own names
3.gif

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine-

I don't know how I've been wearing thongs the whole time, figured it would get uncomfortable but it hasn't yet. Who knows! I think I know what you are describing with the weird internal kicks- I feel those now that the little one is bigger, so it would make sense for you to be feeling them with two in there. BH feels like a tightening and almost like a contraction- except it feels like it's "on top" of my belly, rather than internally. I figure real contractions will feel like they are coming from inside and your uterus, whereas MY BH don't feel like that. So they are probably just kicks. Crazy- wait till you are in your 8th and 9th month, the kicks are CRAZY. It's almost not even like kicks anymore, but alien body parts trying to get out.

Names are hard. We talked about them a lot in the beginning and around 20 weeks. Then we haven't really talked about them at all since then, which has been good I think. My DH likes a lot of names that he was lukewarm on in the beginning, so sometimes it's good to let things percolate. We are trying to talk about them more now since he's close. My plan is to have two or three really good names to pick from, then decide once we see him. I wish we were having twinks in that sense, so I could use more names!

ETA: Sabine, how was your anniversary?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
/de-lurking to say:

China, I love your list of names! I love very traditional names for boys, and your list is wonderful. I especially love Henry James (two of my favourite names), and was wondering if you''ve thought about maybe Isaac Henry A______? It''s one of my favourite combinations, and you''ve got both names on your list...

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled programming...

E B

Ideal_Rock
China,

Quickly popping in (on my phone!) to vote for Oliver James or Oliver Jude. LOVE those! I also love Dashiell.

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
China ~

You have a really great list of names to choose from! I really like all of them actually, but I love Oliver James! I also love William with Liam as a nn. Dashiell is cute, too, and different. I also really like Dash as a nn. I don''t think you can go wrong with any of them!

Why are boy names so difficult? DH and I are really struggling. At least we have time!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I have a moment, so I''ll throw in my vote.

30.gif
30.gif
Dashiell James A________ (''Dash'')
30.gif
30.gif

I also love:
Reed
and naturally, DUKE.

Date: 7/13/2009 1:00:05 PM
Author: ChinaCat
I haven''t written ANY thank you notes from my 3 showers yet. Yikes, need to start those.

GET ON IT GIRL!
6.gif
Once baby comes, you''ll have zero time for thank you cards
11.gif

What''s the deal with thongs? I wore them my whole pregnancy, right down to the day I was in labour?!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Been away from this thread for ages, but did want to say to Miss Amber---- I'd been hoping that you'd have a little girl to name Piper. I adore that name!!!! She's gonna be adorable, and a bit of a tomboy, I think. (Let me know how this prediction turns out, since I guess EVERY sex wrong!!! I was actually going to say boy for you since I'm always wrong and I wanted you to have a little girl so badly!!)

Sunkist, Anchor, November, SweetPea, and Stephanie:::

Have any of you found out what you're having? I must have missed it if you have (and have posted it...) but I'm dying to know.
9.gif
I vote girl for all of you (as usual), but I think Sunkist will have a boy.
9.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
China Cat,

My husband is a William, but a junior, so he goes by his middle name, Paul. Anyway, we briefly (and I do mean BRIEFLY) had a discussion about our son being a William, but I don''t like the idea of Jrs, and especially not III''s!!! Anyway, I''m in L
30.gif
VE with Liam, so if he wins, it will be only because of that!

So, my vote is for LIAM.... it''s so, so so cute (and I think a Liam is a smart man, and a level headed man, and a good man, and a cute to the core man, too!) It''s a strong nickname from a really strong full name.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 8:46:12 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
Been away from this thread for ages, but did want to say to Miss Amber---- I''d been hoping that you''d have a little girl to name Piper. I adore that name!!!! She''s gonna be adorable, and a bit of a tomboy, I think. (Let me know how this prediction turns out, since I guess EVERY sex wrong!!! I was actually going to say boy for you since I''m always wrong and I wanted you to have a little girl so badly!!)

Sunkist, Anchor, November, SweetPea, and Stephanie:::

Have any of you found out what you''re having? I must have missed it if you have (and have posted it...) but I''m dying to know.
9.gif
I vote girl for all of you (as usual), but I think Sunkist will have a boy.
9.gif

Hi Fisher!! Yes, we found out we''re having a BOY!!!
9.gif
You''re right!!!
36.gif
heehee! I''m laying here in bed watching him move around in my belly. I can''t wait until I can tell what body part he is poking out. I think he has to get a lot bigger for that though. This is one active boy. Sometimes I want to let him out to run around and get all his energy out. Silly thought, I know. But he''s starting to push on my bladder sometimes and boy is that an interesting feeling! I have a feeling it''s going to get a lot worse.

All is good for me though. Not much news. My hubby is so busy we haven''t had time to look at names together. And I''m still trying to decide where to have the "nursery". Whether to have a nursery corner in the study/TV room or to move the TV and office into other parts of the house and have a dedicated nursery room. hmmmmm.

Is it really important/better to have a room for the baby all to himself????

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 1:06:16 PM
Author: Mandarine

Other than that, the boys are moving/kicking like CRAZY!!!!!!!!. I love all the external kicks, but I''m getting these kicks inside that feel SO WEIRD. I was wondering if they were kicks or something else?....how do I know if it''s kicks or Braxton hicks?. It''s like a movement were I guess I would think the cervix is. I think it''s a kick just because it''s so quick...for it creeps me out a little. I know this is TMI, but it almost feels like I''m about to have an orgasm, gotta pee and got a kick all at the same time. Anyone have this??

Mandarine congrats on finshing the registry! I think I''m going to start that here soon. I want to keep everything low key though. We don''t have a lot of room for a ton of stuff!

And Re: the internal kicks, that''s what I''ve started to feel these last few days too! It used to just be the kicks on the outside, but now I can feel them on the other side of my uterus as well. And on my bladder! Boy is that a surprise. When he kicks on the inside it''s more of a tickle feeling. And I can even see what you mean about it feeling like you''re about to ''O''. I think that''s the tickly feeling.

Your baby bump is looking beautiful, my dear!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Morning!

Phoenix, I think it''s so great that you''re learning French. I''ve always been tempted to order the Rosetta Stone program for French. I took 3 years of French in high school, but when I went to take it my Junior year of college as a random elective, I had forgotten soooo much of it that I would have had to start over in French I. I''ve always wanted to learn more of it, and I''m so jealous that you are going to get to go! Dh and I haven''t been to Europe yet, but it''s definitely in our "someday" plans!

China, I love so many of your names! My favorites are Oliver James, William Dashiell, and from your family names I love Isaac and Patrick (both names I suggested that dh vetoed right away).

Mandarine, you can definitely get internal kicks/punches. My little guy has a habit of punching what I swear is my cervix because I get a sharp, quick pain. And sometimes I think he headbutts it when I''m walking, and it can get so painful I have to stop and wait for him to move!

Indy, boys names were sooo much harder for us too!

Mela/China, I happen to think you''re crazy to wear thongs, not just when pregnant, but in general! I don''t know, I''ve just never been a fan and ALWAYS found them soooo uncomfortable. I''ve been a firm believer in wearing boy shorts to avoid panty lines ever since they came out, and I''m sticking to it!

Sunkist, if you have room in your room for all the nursery stuff that you think you''ll want in one place, I don''t think you need a specific nursery. But just be prepared, we didn''t go crazy with getting stuff, but our nursery filled up pretty darn quick.

Our anniversary was really nice. Dh actually got home pretty early after not too busy of night, so he was good after a quick nap. We went out and got a movie and some Olive Garden take out (I never knew they did take out before, and it was really cool the way they do the salads!), and we just spent a lot of time together. Our cake tasted pretty darn good for being a year old too!

I''m also sooo excited that I''m officially full-term tomorrow! Woo-hoo!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
PSA: romy''s been sitting on my lap for over 1/2 an hour completely ENTHRALLED by the "baby einstein" music (not visual) CD "lullaby classics". wow. its like a drug.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Sunkist, believe me...I tried to keep my registry low key, but there are so many little things here and there you need...before you know it you have a long list! ...regarding the room, I think it''s completely fine to have a shared space, specially initially!. I''m glad to see I''m not the only one with weird kicks!....DH gets worried when I say it feels "weird".

Sabine so gald to hear you had a great anniversary!! Congrats on being almost full term!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Mela nothing "wrong" with thongs...I just could not possibly wear them! Everything in pregnancy (clothing wise) seems to bother me...so I wouldn''t even try!. I think if I could I would just wear an oversized t-shirt, with nothing else, ALL DAY LONG!
9.gif

China what glider did you order? I''m having the hardest time picking out a glider!....I would like to seat in a bunch but it doesn''t seem like there are too many places around here with a good collection of gliders!

Not much to report on my side...trying out this belly belt and I think it does help a bit with the back pain!
4.gif
specially when sitting for hours,...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results