color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 11:04:27 AM
Author: mercoledi
/mini thread jack/

Hi ellaila, do you mind sharing what the Venezuelan restrauant you like is? We love trying new cuisines and definitely haven''t hit that one yet!

Thanks, and best of health to all the mommies!

/end mini thread jack/
Where do you live, Mercoledi? The yummy restaurant is called Orinoco, and it''s on Shawmut Ave in the South End. It''s teeny-tiny -- I think there are like four or five booths and then 10 or so additional seats at two-top tables -- but it''s really funky and fun, and the food (and white sangria .... oh I miss you, sangria) is excellent! They only do brunch, no dinner, on Sundays though and are closed on Mondays, so be sure to check the hours before you go.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love checking out this thread--so much good stuff going on!!

Diver, I LOVE Delaney's room!! And yes, add me to the list of those who also liked the way it looked before but it looks really wonderful. Good job!!! I can't believe you're getting so close to giving birth!!!!! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear your story and "meet" your little girl!

Tacori, I checked out your nursery pics too. It's GORGEOUS!!!! I really like your glider and I absolutely LOVE your crib. I'm sure you posted where you got it but I'm too lazy to search so would you mind sharing that info again?! I think we're finally going to start crib shopping for Lily and I need some tips! She's been sleeping in the bassinet part of the pack n play but I think it may be time for a real crib soon.

njc, I'll be more than happy to share all my daycare stories with you! Honestly, it's been great for Lily. I love that she's learning so much stuff and interacting with kids and adults. I don't think I could provide anywhere near the amount of stimulation that she's getting there. I know the germ thing is kind of annoying but even her pediatrician says it's good for them to catch things now to help build up their immunity so they won't be sick all through kindergarten!

mrss, your girls are going to be so cute with a new baby! I'm not surprised that they're hoping for another girl, it would just make sense for them. Do you have any feelings yet of what it may be? Are you going to find out?

TGal, all of these baby gadgets are totally overwhelming. We kept it to the bare minimum and I think it's good for us. What she doesn't know won't hurt her! Regarding sleep training, I agree with Diver. In the beginning, you are really on their schedule. For some reason we got lucky and have a baby whose schedule was just like ours!!! For the first couple of months, she would stay up with us until about 11 and then slept for about 6 hours. After a while, DH and I realized that it was probably a little late for her and we weren't getting any time to ourselves so we've been slowly making her bedtime earlier--the pediatrician said to do it in small increments. So now she goes to sleep at around 9 or 9:30 and gets up at around 5:00 or 6:00. No complaints here!! We have a routine that we do every night and it seems to work--bath, swaddle, bottle, bed. She usually falls asleep while eating and then I put her down. But like Diver, I will also try to put her down while she's still awake but tired. Somehow she figures out how to go to sleep by herself. I hope this lasts for a while. They say you don't really need to start sleep training until about 4 months but I think even that may be a little early. Fortunately, sometimes they figure it out on their own.

ellaila, I LOVE your house! You've done such great work, the before and after photos are amazing!!!!! I'm sorry you're not feeling so great but girl, you have two human beings inside you!!!
23.gif
I can't imagine what that is like but I'm sure it's not easy. I hope your orthopedist can find a way to relieve at least some of your discomfort. Regarding pediatricians, even though your OB is an hour away, maybe he'll be able to recommend a local person for you. Are you delivering at a hospital in Boston as well? I ask because my pediatrician is actually affiliated with my hospital and she's the one that checked Lily out when she was born. That's a good way to find someone, just go with whomever sees them in the hospital if that's closer to you. Lots of people interview pediatricians months in advance but I didn't bother doing that! My OB recommended mine since they are all part of the same "network" with the hospital and it all fell into place since she happened to be on call when I delivered. If that doesn't work out, I would just ask ANYBODY with a kid! If you see someone in a local store or restaurant or park, just ask them who they use! I find that moms are really helpful with that kind of info, even if they don't know you! I hope you'll be able to find someone--just one more thing to cross off the list!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 11:16:44 AM
Author: ellaila
Date: 8/29/2007 11:04:27 AM

Author: mercoledi

/mini thread jack/

Hi ellaila, do you mind sharing what the Venezuelan restrauant you like is? We love trying new cuisines and definitely haven''t hit that one yet!

Thanks, and best of health to all the mommies!

/end mini thread jack/

Where do you live, Mercoledi? The yummy restaurant is called Orinoco, and it''s on Shawmut Ave in the South End. It''s teeny-tiny -- I think there are like four or five booths and then 10 or so additional seats at two-top tables -- but it''s really funky and fun, and the food (and white sangria .... oh I miss you, sangria) is excellent! They only do brunch, no dinner, on Sundays though and are closed on Mondays, so be sure to check the hours before you go.

Yay, thanks!
We''re currently in Brookline but may be relocating to OR next year, so we have some serious eating to get in before it''s too late.

Is your OB at the Brigham? Everyone I work with had babies last year and they all saw the same two OB''s at B&W. So many babies, all born in one buliding! Even a friend that was using a midwife/birthing center in Sommerville ended up at B&W (after 6 hours of non productive labor.
23.gif
Mommy and Olive are both healthy and happy
9.gif
).

It''s been so educational and fun to watch the pregnancies both IRL and here on PS, thanks everyone for sharing your stories!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Merc, we lived in Brighton (on the Newton line) until a month ago -- we miss being so close to the city! But we do love our little house in the burbs, I gotta say. But you can''t beat Brookline for a place to live! Are you guys renting or do you own?

Yep, my OB is with the Brigham. My gyn was actually at Mt. Auburn, but when I found out I was pregnant, I knew I wanted to have the baby at the Brigham or BI (I''m a BI baby myself), so I switched docs. Then once I found it was twins, I was so happy that I had made the switch b/c the Brigham has a great NICU! Who did your friends see at the Brigham?

Diver, I showed my husband the page with our house photos on it, and he commented that he really liked what you guys were doing with the nursery too! Question for you about the BOB Duallie (which you now have me wanting): it says you can only use one car seat at a time, so I know this isn''t an infant stroller for twins, but at what age do you think I could put two little ones in there? The recommended age is 2, but what would I do in the meantime once they''re out of infant seats but are too little to fit in the seats? Would I just need certain headrests and padding? Or is this stroller strictly for when they are older kids?

Curly and Diver, thanks for the sleep training info. I think I need to start writing down the PS page numbers of all this useful info so I can find it easy later on when I need it. Sounds like you guys both did something really right or just get really lucky with your first kids -- I hope it''s the former and that your next babies are as easy!

And Curly again, your posts are just infectiously happy! They always make me smile
9.gif
I see my OB in a 2.5 weeks so I guess I''ll ask him then about pediatricians. As stated above, yep, I''m delivering in Boston as well (well, that''s the plan at least!), and as much as I''d love to be able to take my kids into Boston for their pediatric appts (I''m a total "Boston hospitals are the best!" snob -- was raised that way), it''s just too far to travel with a sick kid, you know?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Curly, our crib and dresser are made by Munire (their Urban collection) bought through USA Baby. They have a list of dealers on their website. My crib style comes in white, natural (lighter wood), Merlot (cherry), and Espresso (what we have. It is *very* dark brown). It is made solid. The bumper doesn''t quite fit right but I am going to take it off in a few months when we move the baby in there anyways. The glider is from Best Chairs also bought through USA Baby. It is theur "Quinn" style. Very comfy.

Ella, we asked our OB who they suggested for a Peds doc. I called and basically they said just to tell the hospital we are using them (I guess their docs do rounds at the same hospital I am delivering at so hopefully it will be an easy transition). I personally like group practices (vs. a solo practice) b/c with a group of doctors you can ALWAYS get an appointment. I might not have as close of a relationship if I saw the same doctor each time but that doesn''t bother me. Some people go and interview them but we are not going to do that. Maybe that makes me a bad mom or too trusting but I am confident they will be fine. If not we will switch.

I asked DH to make a list of 5 girls names (is that too much to ask???) He said I should go buy him a baby name book
20.gif
so off I go!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ellaila: You can use the BOB Duallie for small babies! Where are you getting age 2? It reclines flat, so you can use it as a regular stroller right off the bat (but I think its true that only one carseat fits. Now you can''t jog or go on bumpy terrain until they are 6 mo old (unless you have the carseat adaptor) but for every day its fine.

I ran into a dad with 6mo old twin boys in an orange one at BRU the other day and he said its their ONLY stroller. Kids can usually sit up around 4 to 6 months so that''d be when you don''t need the carseat carriers anymore. You could always do a cheap "snap and go" for the interim...they hold 2 carseats. Let me find you some links.

I also have links to the BOB $100 off on sale right now...one with free shipping....let me get those for you too....

Here''s one site...the orange is more than the blue, but shipping is free....only difference between 2006 & 2007 model is that 2007 has a little more seat padding, but not much.

http://www.happymothers.com/shop/prd_BORVDUNV_bob_strollers-2006_revolution_duallie_double_jogging_stroller_in_navy_close_out_special.html

I don''t know if you have REI in your town, but they do have online shopping. They have the BOB on sale for $107 off this weekend...
http://www.rei.com/product/750871?vcat=REI_SEARCH

Its just a labor day sale, and its once a year they have this pricing, not sure what shipping is, but its a good deal. And if you sign up for REI.com you get 15% off any other full priced item....(say like 15% off the carseat adaptor or the drink holder or the weather shield).

I have to say, I love mine...stuck my son & his buddy in it last night...had 60lbs of kids in there and it felt like pushing air.

If you are not planning on jogging or going on sand (we go to the beach a lot) this model has smaller back wheels making it easier to fit in trunks, etc....

http://www.joggingstroller.com/BOB-Revolution-Duallie-AW.pro?AID=CD939

And lastly, here is the double snap-n-go... (I did a pricegrabber for you to get the lowest price...$89)

http://www.albeebaby.com/swsnngodoinb.html

That should keep you busy and distracted from real work for awhile...LOL

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Choosing a Pediatrician: I asked my OB, my dental hygenist (married to my dentist & mom of 3 boys) and my one requirement is that it be in my town. Driving anywhere with sick kids is a PAIN. I kept hearing the same name. Word of mouth from other happy moms seems to work for me. I love my ped.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found our pediatrician by asking my OB. he actually went to college with the dr. and said he was great. he also works at one of the highly esteemed pediatrician offices in town so that helped my confidence. the dr''s there also come to the hospital when your baby is born which I think is nice. I didn''t interview him ahead of time, but really liked him after our first meeting so stuck with him. Of course, when my girls get a little older i''m sure they are going to rather have a lady doctor so when we move I will probably go ahead and seek one out in our new town...

I''ve actually had a 2 day break from morning sickness which has made me feel so great. I''ve mangaged to actually get some things done this week...uh..like grocery shop. I''m hoping it keeps going in this direction and the worst is behind me. Makes pregnancy so much more bearable and I can quit asking myself why did I decide to do this again
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel so crappy today! My stomach started hurting in the middle of the night. I have hardly eaten anything today (I just have no desire though I should force something down soon). And I was feeling crampy. Hopefully it is just a fluke thing and I will feel better tomorrow. I thought about calling my doctor but my symptoms didn''t seem THAT bad. The baby is still moving. I just hope I am not getting sick
14.gif
I have been so lucky thus far!

MrsS, I am glad your m/s has let up a bit. I felt horrible my first trimester. They say every pregnancy is different so hopefully next time I won''t get it so bad. I kept thinking "how am I going to be able to do this when I have a toddler to take care of." I have so much respect for preggos with other kids! I could barely take care of myself those first three months.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tacori, how are you feeling today?

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Hope you''re feeling better, Tacori! Did hubby come up with five girl names?

And MrsS, I hope the worst of your m/s is behind you. Like T said, I don''t know how you moms can raise kids and be pregnant at the same time -- pregnancy is just all-consuming (to me, at least!). I''ve got such newfound respect for moms
21.gif

Thanks for the stroller info, Diver. Yes, we''re definitely going with the snap-and-go (probably Baby Trend or Graco) when they''re infants. Since they''ll be born in the winter, we won''t be going on too many nature walks so we don''t need anything fancy in the beginning -- just something to transport them around in safely. I suppose we''ll use the DuoGlider that we''re getting for free for a while, but I definitely want to look into joggers, too, since ... well, they''re just cool. I don''t remember where I saw that the recommended age for the Duallie was 2, but I know I saw it the other day when I was checking them out online. I thought that sounded a little old though.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori: How are you feeling today? Definitely call your ob...anytime you have cramping, its good to let them know. They''d rather you call for nothing than not to call at all.

Ellaila: yeah, the duallie is fine for infants and up..why else would BOB make a carseat adaptor & ask that you not jog with them in it before the age of 6 mo?
3.gif

here''s the age recommendation on it:

Age Recommendations: Your child should be at least 6-8 weeks old before riding in your BOB stroller. Please note that babies incapable of holding their head up must have additional head and neck support to ride safely and comfortably. Supporting an infant''s head properly will also help him/her sleep more soundly. With the addition of the optional Infant Car Seat Adapter, newborns can safely ride in the stroller. This accessory will allow parents to use their Infant car Seats with single seat BOB Strollers, and will work with the best selling Infant Car Seat models available. For jogging or off-road strolling, children should be at least 6 - 8 months old. Consult with your pediatrician regarding the suitability of stroller use with your child.

(my note: the BOB makes the adaptor for the duallie...I''ll attach a pic)

Is your climate cold in the winter? Here its rainy, but usually in the 40s..so I walk/run all the time in the winter. Such a native Oregonian, I think I have webbed feet and quack. But I''m getting the rain shield, and I have those fleece Bundle me things (I found a huge toddler one for Jake) so they stay warm. We even walk on the rare snow days! That''s my favorite...

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Im having picture issues...

try again...

BOB>..

P1010825-1.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Belly!!! 36 weeks and 6 days

P1010829-1.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Front View....its a big''un...this is for Tacori...my belly button is FLAT. oh noooo!!

Check in Tacori! I''m worried about you.

How are you feeling to day Mrs. S?

P1010830-1.JPG

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all Preggies!!!

Just wanted to pop in and pick your brain Diver...

I think you mentioned that you were on progesterone therapy for you first trimester (or am I crazy?lol)... what did that entail?

I was finally able to see a doc. down here in turks and caicos.. and well among the laundry list of things that could possibly be wrong...(endometriosis, chronic ovarian cysts) she also thinks I might have a progesterone deficiancy (dont know if thats the correct word) and wants me to stop my BC so 3 months from now, I can have my hormone levels tested... so I just wanted to pick your brain a bit about what happens when you are preggo and have that low level of progesterone.

Good news is (although I''m not sure it was good new per say.. sure wasnt at the time!!) my pain that I was have last week, was from a cyst that ruptured! good news I guess.. but eh.. man that sucked! Tacori I know you had lots of cysts... did you have any that ruptured?

Hope all your Preggies are doing well today.. Tacori.. I hope you are feeling better! I just love reading about you ladies!!! Man.. my baby clock is just a tickin-a-way!!!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Tgal – I think HypnoBabies is coming along okay. It definitely gets me to relax, so we will see how it goes in a few weeks!

Diver – I am excited about the recliner, although I sat in some gliders the other day that were awesome. That is awesome about the BOB. I love your vaulted ceilings! Cant wait to see everything all done, but you have a great start. Awesome belly pics too!

Tacori – Nursery looks GREAT! You and DH did a fabulous job. Hope you are feeling okay today!!! I hate it when I get crampy… makes me freak out!

Curly – Thanks! I have asked a couple people about daycare and they all have similar responses as yours… no one said they could provide as much structure and interaction. Im thinking it will be a positive experience! I also agree about the germs… pain in the butt, but great for later.

Ella – OH WOW! I love your kitchen!!!! You did a great job. That window in your living room is really cool too… I cant imagine how much the book shelves took away from it! Sorry you are uncomfy, I’m there with you! I hope you can figure out the leg thing… I had RLS like crazy the first trimester and its starting to come back a little… so annoying! We still need to pick our Ped… hoping to do that this weekend! DH has to sit down with me since the insurance is under his name and he has the password. I know some offices around here do like “Meet the Doctor” nights, but I think we are just going to pick. It may or may not work, but its how we’ve picked all our other doctors, my OB included and I don’t have any complaints! Also, if our doc doesn’t have rights to the hospital I am delivering at, they have a Ped on staff 24/7 that can do the release check-up and then you just need to take them to the Ped you picked within so many days I believe.

MrsS – I had a male Ped up to 18 and never minded… just thought I’d toss that in. Good deal on the m/s, hope it continues to stay away! I hated going grocery shopping because nothing sounded good and DH would get mad at me when I came home with nothing!

I started buying my cloth diapering supplies yesterday! Excited to give this all a go and scared to death at the same time. Should be interesting! Also cant wait to crank out some stuff this weekend with the holiday! I want the nursery DONE and the rest of the random stuff from the office organized and put away! The trick will be if DH lets me or if he wants to play instead… he has wanted to play the past couple weekends and its killing me!!!!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 11:56:53 AM
Author: Jaders731
Hey all Preggies!!!

Just wanted to pop in and pick your brain Diver...

I think you mentioned that you were on progesterone therapy for you first trimester (or am I crazy?lol)... what did that entail?

I was finally able to see a doc. down here in turks and caicos.. and well among the laundry list of things that could possibly be wrong...(endometriosis, chronic ovarian cysts) she also thinks I might have a progesterone deficiancy (dont know if thats the correct word) and wants me to stop my BC so 3 months from now, I can have my hormone levels tested... so I just wanted to pick your brain a bit about what happens when you are preggo and have that low level of progesterone.

Good news is (although I''m not sure it was good new per say.. sure wasnt at the time!!) my pain that I was have last week, was from a cyst that ruptured! good news I guess.. but eh.. man that sucked! Tacori I know you had lots of cysts... did you have any that ruptured?

Hope all your Preggies are doing well today.. Tacori.. I hope you are feeling better! I just love reading about you ladies!!! Man.. my baby clock is just a tickin-a-way!!!
Jaders; It was pretty easy. Low progesterone can hinder you from getting pregnant or from keeping a pregnancy. Since I''ve had a couple miscarriages, my OB put me on progesterone therapy (without testing me....oh well) as soon as I got a positive HPT. (I have no problems getting pregnant....that happens 1st try...I just miscarry easy too). So I took I think, 200mg of Prometrium a day until 14 weeks.

Since you are having preconception issues, its great they are testing you. If you are low on progesterone, you''ll start taking it before you try. Its no big deal. It made me bloaty and moody, but it was worth it. Eggs can''t implant without progesterone, and that''s what sustains an embryo until the placenta forms and takes over. It''s a pretty important ingredient.

I hope this helps and that you have an easy time conceiving!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
diver, you look incredible. seriously not big at all. I''m jealous of you gals who seem to look so small at almost full term. I was just HUGE with my girls. I will see if I can find a pic when i was 37 weeks or something so you can see what I mean...

I''m feeling better today, not as good as yesterday but not feeling like I have to stay in bed either. We took our house of the market in july and someone called yesterday to see if we were still interested in selling and could we show it. Now, I''m half way packed for our move, some furniture already gone and bins piled up to the ceiling but we said sure, I''d rather sell than turn it into a rental which is what hubby wants. so i''ve been busy cleaning/scrubbing, the whole top the bottom thing in hopes that this will be our buyer. If not, at least our house is spotless. i smells of the cleaning products just don''t do it for me though
14.gif
hubby says the house smells and looks great, so that''s good.

tacori, hope you''re doing better and will check in soon..

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Diver, you look fantastic! And don''t you dare say you have a big belly -- you''re so petite, you silly woman! (You wanna see a big belly? Check in with me when I''m 36 weeks. I''m as big as you are now, and I''m only 22 weeks!) We live in Boston (well, outside of Boston now) and, yes, our winters can be harsh, so I don''t expect to be doing much walking outside with the babes the first few months if they''re born in December.

MrsS, where are you guys moving? You''re in Nashville now, right? Good luck with the potential buyer! I know just how frustrating that is, so I''m sending sympathetic hugs to you. By the way, like njc, I also always had a male pediatrician, and I never felt awkward about it.

njc, OH, the RLS (and R-arm-S!) is brutal!! I''m so exhausted every night on the couch, and then I go lie in bed and just squirm and squirm. It''s misery. Anyhow, good luck with the nursery -- and definitely post pics when you''re done! I''ll be checking the nursery thread regularly for updates this weekend
2.gif

Good luck, Jaders!! Fairy dust, fairy dust, fairy dust ...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the good wishes ladies! I feel much better today. I woke up SOOOO hungry but a few egos took care of that!
18.gif
I was really worried I was getting sick (felt like the begining of the flu) but today I just feel my normal pregnancy stuff.

MrsS, hope you feel better soon! Cleaning smells STILL get to me.
14.gif
My MIL and SIL are coming in tonight for the weekend so I will be smelling the same nasty cleaning smells all day. Luckily I already warned my MIL the house might not be 100% clean. I just don''t have the energy.

Diver, serious you are little!!!! I am going to have to post a pic of me. You guys will fall off your chairs!
23.gif
I am huge and have 8 more weeks! The stroller looks great.

ncj, thanks I love how the nursery turned out!

Jaders, most of mine have erupted (that is how I know I have them). They are quite painful but I am glad they do not cause damage. Good luck with your tests.

Ella, DH bought a name book so we are getting closer.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 12:51:02 PM
Author: ellaila
Merc, we lived in Brighton (on the Newton line) until a month ago -- we miss being so close to the city! But we do love our little house in the burbs, I gotta say. But you can't beat Brookline for a place to live! Are you guys renting or do you own?

Yep, my OB is with the Brigham. My gyn was actually at Mt. Auburn, but when I found out I was pregnant, I knew I wanted to have the baby at the Brigham or BI (I'm a BI baby myself), so I switched docs. Then once I found it was twins, I was so happy that I had made the switch b/c the Brigham has a great NICU! Who did your friends see at the Brigham?

Elliala, I don't know! All the mommies are out this week because their respective daycares are closed. I know that there are 3 OB's who operate out of the offices at 1 Brookline Place in Brookline Village. All 3 moms went to 2 of those OB and the the third OB (I learned yesterday) is seeing my baymate's friend through her pregnancy. It's a tiny little world out there! I believe one of them was at BI and moved about 2 years ago to the Brigham, taking half of her patients with her.

Diver you don't look close to delivery! You've definitly got a kid in there, but you look to be in great shape. How do you like Portland? We're visting next week with possible intentions to move there next year.

Tacori I'm glad you're feeling better, it seems like just yesterday you were over in BWW getting hitched!

Best to everyone!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
mercoledi, I know! This has been a busy year for us. But it was all planned. I try not to look at my wedding photos. It depresses me!
2.gif
I have been really lucky and haven''t gotten sick over the last 8 months (besides pregnancy related stuff). Hopefully that continues!

Oh Ella, I feel like my nose DOES look larger. Another proof that it is a girl huh?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Look at the concentration on my face! Haha! Taking photos in the mirrior is tricky business!

My huge 31 week belly. Doesn't everyone feel petite now?
2.gif

ETA: Diver my belly button is flat too but yours is cuter. Mine is a dark brown. Looks gross!

Tacori_31wkbelly.jpg

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori, you look adorable too! I think you feel so big because you''re short, but really I don''t think you look huge at all. Seriously, I think you look super cute! And I''m happy to hear you''re feeling better -- what a relief, huh?

I actually got my first "You''re gonna be huge!" comment today. I was walking out of work, talking to the mailman and he asked how far along I am, so I said I have four more months (I hope!) and that it''s twins, and a nurse who works in the building was also walking out, and she said, "You''re having twins! When you said you have four more months and then I saw your belly ... " with the "..." clearly implying "If you''re this size now and you have 16 more weeks to go, girl, then YIKES!" Uh, thanks.

That said, I have blown up like a blimp in the past week. Literally, pants I wore last Friday I can''t get up anymore. And the shoes don''t fit anymore either! I couldn''t believe it. Funny how we go from wanting to look pregnant to "OK, I look pregnant enough now!" I have a wedding in a few weeks, and I have serious doubts now that the dress I bought a few months ago will fit. I laugh at how naive I was, thinking all those nasty pregnancy symtoms weren''t going to happen to ME (I was so spoiled because I didn''t get morning sickness). Now cankles and a hemerrhoid later, I think it''s safe to say my naivete has flown out the window. Oh well, swollen feet or not, I''m still pretty amazed at pregnancy, so I''ll quit whining now!

Mercoledi, I must be using the same doc practice your friends used -- too funny! I''m seeing Dr. Katz, but I''m pretty sure there are two other doctors in that same office though I haven''t met them.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
by the way, for comparison, here''s me yesterday at 22 weeks ...

22_weeks_b (Small).JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ella, your belly is so adorable. Your 22 week belly looks like my 22 week belly (and I only have one baby in there!) I know a lot of it has to do with my height. The baby has no where else to go but out. DH and I were looking through my belly book and the few photos I had in my first trimester are so fun to compare. My tummy was SO small. I think we both forgot what my belly used to look like.

On a positive note I still have my ankles. Not sure for how much longer but they are still there. I feel ya on the shoes front. I just wear flip flops (love my reefs!)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I thought of another reason my belly is so big. Anyone else try those new oreo cakester things?
11.gif
So, so, so good!
18.gif
I am kind of addicted.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori: I logged on specifically to see if you were ok..*phew* you had me worried. LOL. oMG you are way too cute and not big at all. You are smaller than I am now! Totally!

Ellaila: you are such a tiny twin momma....no way you look like you have 2 in there. Too cute.

Now I can''t believe you all say I''m not big, because I feel like a blimp! But I appreciate the kind comments...I just can''t believe how much bigger I am with Delaney than with Jake and on less weight gained..its weird. I was 42 inches around when I went in to have him...2 weeks ago, I was 44.5 with her. eeeek!!!! My belly button hurts so bad! LOL.

I guess Pregnant PS Moms are just the cutest!!!

Mrs. S, ugh...cleaning...ugh...makes me ill to just think about it. How old are your first 2 children? Good luck with the house today!

NJC: I keep forgetting when you are due...how are you feeling?

Mercoledi: I was born & raised here, so I''m extremely biased about how fabulous our town is. I know the whole city/suburbs like the back of my hand & can help you if you need any suggestions for areas. What kind of neighborhood do you guys like? City, urban, close in city, old homes, new homes, suburbs, sub-divsions, anti-subdivisions???....I know where to go and what to avoid if I know what you like.....We have something for everyone and FABULOUS restaurants. You could eat someplace new every night and never set foot in chain restaurant. We are a baby San Fran. I love it here.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diver I am sorry I worried you! I had a busy day trying to prepare for my MIL and SIL''s visit. I still have to run to Trader Joes for some flowers (I like to put them in our guest room when we are having guests). Plus we had a closing. One draw back of being married is now I have to go with DH whenever he buys or sells a house.

I can only HOPE my belly looks as good as yours when I am 37 weeks! I feel like I am going to tip over. Did your belly button pop with Jake? Arggg...mine is so ugly. It is flush as well but so discolored.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results