shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks snlee!- I didn''t ask doc that ...I try to write all my ?''s down bc I always forget smthg. I will call nurse and ask tom. I just wondered since its not strict bedrest and she didn''t even say the word bedrest maybe sitting was fine..but will clarify ;-) thanks again.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 5:26:30 PM
Author: snlee
Date: 1/22/2009 5:07:55 PM

Author: nycbkgirl

Neat- ?....is sitting up in bed ok or only laying?

Obviously I''m not NF but I was on bedrest during my pregnancy. You should clarifly this with your doctor. When I was on bedrest, my doc wanted me to be horizontal as much as possible, so no sitting up, unless I was eating.

I on the other hand was allowed to sit up because I wasn''t contracting but my doc wanted me lying down whenever I feasibly could be. So it totally depends on your situation and the doctor. Just make sure to ask your doctor what is ok and what isn''t.

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! Just a quick note that our little guy arrived on Jan 16th and here''s a pic of Parker Jacob. Thanks!!

ParkerinarmsSm.JPG

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I'm also allowed to sit, so it sounds like it really depends on your doctor and on the reason for bedrest.

We decided to go ahead and share our names with our family. I think my mom's okay with them, and is at least relieved that we're not getting too creative - she works with kids with names with extra vowels and letters added and says that it can be a bit of a nightmare for teachers to remember spellings. She also really liked the idea of getting Curious George stuff for a grandson George, so that helped get her on board! My dad didn't say too much, other than asking where we got them, but that's fine. We like them!

Pandora - that is quite the visual re: kegels. Yikes!

Loves2Laugh - Parker looks so adorable! Congrats!

ETA - I meant to say that this thread is sooo great for learning about pregnancy stuff. Poor woman for not knowing that constipation is so common! They mentioned a fetal fibronectin test in L&D last weekend and I was confused until I realized they were talking about the ffn test - and I knew what that was! I felt really smart.
9.gif

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks neat/blen: I don''t have contractions or anything else either but I forgot to ask doc and its so hard to get in touch..so I will just sit up when I have to.
Blen- exciting to share that news! Getting close and closer :)

L2L: welcome cutie pie parker!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
L2L, congratulations! Welcome Parker Jacob! Parker is beautiful! Love the name! How funny, I know a Jacob Parker.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
L2L welcome baby parker!! he is so precious!!! congrats to you and your family.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Loves2Laugh congratulations, Parker is adorable!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Parker is so precious, Loves2Laugh.

Question: If you''re planning to attend a breastfeeding class, are you dragging your DH to it? Do DH''s typically come to these?

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone heard of or seen any kind of maternity support belt...it holds up the stomach and back? It says to consult doc but I think this would help me some bc of the way my stomach is...any ideas?

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
L2L Parker is just sooo adorable. Congratulations!

Sapphire_Cutie

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone! Im new to this section...so I just wanted to say hi. My FI and I found out on Monday that we are pregnant. I have my 1st Dr appt today at 1:40pm to confirm. Altho im SURE that TWO digital hpt's are confirmation enough lol. Anyways. We are guestimating atm to be aproximatly 6 weeks. Which puts us Due in Sept. And we are getting married in Nov. This wasn't a planned pregnancy...BUT we are VERY happy none the less. It was a bit of a suprise concidering I've been on the pill through our entire relationship and never missed a pill. I did one of those online calculators, and if dates are correct it looks like we concieved on Christmas. Which is the night FI proposed...SO....it looks like this baby was meant to be. I look forward to learning a lot and chatting with you all.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats sapphire! Welcome and join in on all the fun and valuable information!..wow being on the pill and conceiving that smthg mama!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies

We made our first baby purchase: a car! What a mission. When we went back to the dealer, they had transferred all of the Edges that FI was looking at to another dealership somewhere upstate. So if he wanted one of those, it was a $700 transfer fee. That happened between Saturday and Wednesday. I told FI they were probably lying and had them stashed in the back somewhere LOL. Anyway, he hated every car he saw until he saw a red one all by itself. He fell in love with it. It didn''t have any of the features he wanted like the Vistaroof and I told him we could keep looking but he loved this car so we bought it.

When we got home, he just sat in it for a while staring at the back seat. I asked him what the heck he was doing and he says "I want to memorize what it looks like without a car seat, stroller, diaper bag, and toys." LOL!

Here''s our new baby! Oh and all those marks you see on the front...that''s one day of driving on the highway
20.gif

RichardsEdge1.JPG

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
nyc - I''ve heard of that belt and I may look into it as well to deal with my back pain.

Sapphire - WOW! Congrats and I must say how much I LOVE the idea that the baby was meant to be since he/she was conceived on your engagement night even though you''re on the pill! Life doesn''t care sometimes, does it?
9.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Ok now that I stopped bragging LOL

Blen-Hope everything is going well!
NYC-Again, don''t know medical stuff but just be careful for you and the twins. I keep wanting to call them "the boys" because when I talk to FI about all of you, I refer to Neat''s babies as "the boys" LOL. I''m going to have to come up with a name for your prince and princess!
Courtney-FI will probably not go with me unless its suggested. He will go to the "breathing" classes as he calls it. But I think an hour or two of talking about breasts without talking about how to enjoy them more is probably not his cup of tea LOL
Sapphire-Congrats again! So exciting.
36.gif

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Fiery- niiiice ride lady! Congrats to u and dh....that''s a really nice 1st baby purchase ;-)

lili

Ideal_Rock
Parker is adorable !!
Congrats to you L2L and family.
Can''t wait to hear about your L&D.
Rest up and then mosey on over to the mommies thread.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
L2L~Congrats! Parker is adorable!!

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Court- where have u seen these belts..I can''t really find them online...have u asked doc about using them?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2009 2:50:32 PM
Author: nycbkgirl
Court- where have u seen these belts..I can''t really find them online...have u asked doc about using them?

Just google "maternity belt", they are everywhere.

L2L: Congrats!!! Parker is so cute.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks neat- just wondered if anyone knew of a good one ..nurse called and said there''s a brand "baby huggers" ..just have to get my booty up to computer and search for that..she said the maternity sites should have them..motherhood.com doesn''t I believe..but im such a bad searcher lol

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
just ordered from babyhugger.com

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
L2L, Parker is sooooo adorable! And I love the name! Congrats!

Welcome Saphire! How are you feeling?

Fiery, what an awesome baby purchase! Any details on what it is, or did I miss that somewhere?

Anyone else having awesome weather today? It''s almost 50 here today! I took my dog on a nice long walk since I''m feeling a little normal today, and I''m hoping both will last!

12w 2d

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I was so busy moving offices over the past couple days - it looks like I missed some DRAMZ here! Glad that everyone is ''sorted'' now. PHEW. We really really don''t need any more PTL scares, Bedrest, Defiant Cervix''s, Grapefruits in the hoo-hah, etc.
32.gif

Oh the bright side -

Welcome PARKER and congrats L2L!!! He is beautiful!

Congrats Sapphire. You are blessed indeed
9.gif
. Welcome to the fold.

Fiery - congrats on the new "baby". Very exciting purchase indeed!
36.gif

Sabine - congrats on passing the 12 week mark. That is so great. You must be so relieved considering the ''false'' alarm you had at the beginning. I''m so happy for you!!!

What else.

Yey Blen for divulging the names to the fam. It''s getting so real now! You''re 29 weeks. NUTS!!!

DD - any word from the UNI''s? Dying to know
31.gif

I know I''m missing TONS of people. Le sigh.

Nuthin'' new from me. We''re going to rearrange furniture this weekend to accomodate the impending baby furniture. Well, DH and Dad are.
11.gif
I''m just the supervisor. lol.

Here is a pic of me today, at 23w0d.

Mela

23wks.jpg

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Teeny tiny mela-- cute cute lil belly :)

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
haha. Tiny? Not so.

5''1" and my boobs are now a D!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6.gif

Not so tiny
5.gif

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Puh-leez....ur whole body is the size of my right thigh! LOL

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Mela I am no longer going to look at any more of your adorable belly pictures. That''s it. It''s a strike. I''m sure that Mr. Mela is appreciating the Ds.

That reminds me, my brother has a very hilarious and extremely inappropriate song about one of his best friend''s double ds. They''ve been friends since kindergarten and for her 18th birthday she told him she wanted a song all about her. I''ll have to get the lyrics. It was very professional. He had his guitar and a microphone and starts off with "this song is dedicated to my best friend Meera and the greatest part about her" and when he said the first verse, I almost peed on myself LOL. Thank *God* her parents weren''t there. And she has a great sense of humor. She even posted the video on her Myspace page.

Sabine-Thanks! It''s a 2008 Ford Edge SEL. FI is getting a little carried away. He wants custom painted rims for the SUV. I''ve reminded him that he turned 30 a few days ago. He''ll get over it. Congrats on 2nd tri (one more week)!! Hey where''s Robbie by chance? Haven''t "seen" her in a while.

I may be signing off right now or I may be lying haha but wanted to tell everyone to have a great weekend! Yay weekend is here
36.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Sapphire - congrats and welcome! That does sound like it was meant to be.

Sabine - everyone here''s been talking about how beautiful it is and how they don''t need to wear coats, because it got up to a whopping 30-something. Haha. I''ll take it over the -15 from the other day.

Mela - From an impartial observer''s perspective, you do look tiny with an adorable bump.
9.gif

Fiery - congrats on the awesome baby purchase! I love the color.

I''m adding things back in a different order than I''m sure DD would recommend (haha) and went to work today. But especially with DH out of a job, I don''t want to spend sick time now and potentially not be able to use it later if something comes up. I took it really easy, putting my feet up (even in meetings) and taking the elevator instead of the stairs. It went really well, although I was feeling miserable at one point not because of all the other stuff that''s going on but because I was horribly constipated. Ah, pregnancy, gotta love it.

The girl who sits next to me always says something about how huge I''m getting if we go a few days without seeing each other, and today when she saw me she said, "OMG, I was expecting you to be as big as a truck with all that time off, but you hardly look any bigger than when you left." Haha.
3.gif
(She''s always really enthusiastic when she says stuff, plus we have basically the same non-pregnant body and I know she wants kids soon and might be thinking of how she''d look pregnant, so I''m never at all offended when she says this. Other people saying that kind of thing would be a different matter though.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results