shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Curlygirl--thanks for the advice on fertilityfriend.com. I actually got into the webmd.com site and it''s amazing how quickly I''ve gotten used to their format (which hurt my eyes to look at, just a few days ago!). You should check it out--it''s free--and they have a 35+ forum (which I haven''t even had a chance to check out). Yeah, the charting is so cool. Perfect for an OCD girl like me! When someone told me to stop charting and stop stressing I was like "No, the charting makes me feel calm b/c I know what''s going on and that makes me feel in control of my body."

Thanks CBG!!

Tigerbear--I know, there''s a danger of worrying too much when I read other women''s stories that aren''t so positive. But I''ve found more positive and helpful stuff than negative. (Although I think the negative stuff sticks in my head longer...) So how was it hearing the HB the first time?? I''m so looking forward to that!

Lili--I''m not sure if I am/was underweight. I was probably 117 at 5''6" when I conceived. I had dropped about 4lbs in May before and during the wedding. I have no idea what is my current weight but next Thursday I''ll check at the gym. I know a lot of OB/GYN''s and none of them mentioned that I should try to get my weight up (so I must not be underweight). Has your doc told you that? I was under the impression that overweightness was a bigger concern.

Miranda--I love the amazingpregnancy site. Very comprehensive!

Mara--I think as long as the woman feels healthy doing whatever she''s doing, she''s fine. Think about all the work and strenuous activities women would have had to do throughout history, and they made it. I have been told all kinds of weird things that I think are actually old wives tales. However, in my case, I don''t wanna do any high-impact exercise; I get a pinch on the right side of my lower abdomen just from walking at a steep incline on the treadmill. And I''ll probably talk with the yoga instructor about giving me a signal when she does moves that are bad for preggo''s.

MINE--I don''t understand why that book gets a bad rap. I think it''s okay. I love the nutrition section. I made up my grocery shopping list yesterday based on the nutrition section!

Diamondfan--thanks for the info on the heart rate. I hadn''t known that. I''ll keep an eye on it now.
2.gif

Jadeleaves--do you go to a pregnancy yoga class now? If so, how is it? I just started doing yoga about a month ago and I really like it but just not sure how long into the pregnancy I can do the general class.

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
OMT...I''m going to my friends house tonight to get some baby hand-me-downs!!!!! It will be our first baby stuff!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2006 8:38:54 PM
Author: selflove
OMT...I''m going to my friends house tonight to get some baby hand-me-downs!!!!! It will be our first baby stuff!
Awwww, how fun. What an exciting time this must be for you. One of my best friends had a baby before me and gave me a lot of her baby stuff. It made it seem so real, yanno?? I had a blast putting it all away in the nursery.
12.gif

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
What an eye opener on how much our life is going to change! So my friend had a ton of stuff and honestly, a lot of it was just TOO BIG to fit in our 1000 s.f. apartment. Well, one thing at a time, right?

So I got:

a swing
an infant recliner vibrating thingy
a stroller
2 car seat bases

She also had the carseat that snaps into the stroller and car seat bases, but it was 5 years old. I''ve heard that car seats older than 4 years shouldnt be used. Does anyone have any advice on this? Their family is the only one that owned the car seat and it wasnt in any accidents, so I might take it after all (although I didnt take it yesterday) if anyone has any positive feedback on the topic. Thanks!!
35.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Good news! We just found out this week that we''re having a girl! We''re very excited!! The ultrasound tech seemed quite certain and it was one of those 3d ultrasounds, so it was quite obvious to us as well. No boy parts there!

Re: strenous exercise and pregnancy: I''ve been told that the most important thing is to stay cool. Becoming overheated is dangerous. I used to run, but stopped when I found out I was pregnant as I didn''t want to risk getting overheated, especially during the summer months. They say keeping your heartrate less than 140 is a good general guideline. They also say to avoid activities where you might easily lose your balance and fall (kickboxing might be one of them??) as your center of gravity shifts when pregnant. In the first trimester, this is less of a concern as the baby is better protected than in the second and third trimesters. Personally, I''d probably stay away from kickboxing, but hopefully she''s spoken to her doctor about it. I''ve been doing brisk hill walking on the treadmill, a bit of the stairmaster, and some cycling (in the gym). I''m going to start doing prenatal yoga shortly.

One site I''ve found kind of fun to lurk around is www.babyfit.com. The messageboards are quite easy to navigate and there''s good info on nutrition and exercise.

Congrats on the news, Selflove! Hope the first trimester is a breeze!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, you''re having a girl?? That''s awesome. Congrats!!!!
36.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 8:23:25 PM
Author: Demelza
Good news! We just found out this week that we''re having a girl! We''re very excited!! The ultrasound tech seemed quite certain and it was one of those 3d ultrasounds, so it was quite obvious to us as well. No boy parts there!

Congratulations!! Have u started buying your baby stuff yet? When I found out I''m having a little boy, it was the cue to go and buy baby blue bits and pieces for the nursery
3.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2006 8:25:44 PM
Author: selflove
Jadeleaves--do you go to a pregnancy yoga class now? If so, how is it? I just started doing yoga about a month ago and I really like it but just not sure how long into the pregnancy I can do the general class.

Hello! Congrats on your pregnancy too
1.gif

I continued normal yoga classes till I was 18wks pregnant, and started pregnancy yoga because my instructor told me the ''harder'' poses in normal yoga will be too much of a strain on my back and tummy.

Pregnancy yoga is really good for me - it relieves my sore back heaps, and the relaxation poses they teach is very beneficial for when I''m a little stressed out. The classes always ends with a bonding with your baby bit which I find very calming.

My instructor gave me a pregnancy yoga book which I can scan and post here if anyone is interested. A beanbag and comfy cushions are essential for pregnancy yoga because they support your back and belly in various poses.

Let me know if anyone is interested and I can started a "Pregnancy Yoga" thread!

xoxo

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Demelza!!!!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, Demelza, congratulations on the girl news!!!! What fun to buy all those cute outfits and baby bling! Great news!!!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Oh how wonderful DEM.. that is just great. I love being a girl mommy. I always thought I would have boys.. God sure knew better than I and when He gave me girls instead. OH WOW.. it is so hard being a girl mommy... but it is just wonderful wonderful WONDERFUL!!!

Teach her a little ''girl power''!!!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I love babycenter.com Babycenter won a peoples voice webby award. Tons of boards with all kinds of pre/post pregnancy topics & up to toddler years. You can join the birth club board for the month/year that you are due and chit chat with all the women due the same month as you. They sent me weekly updates during my pregnancy & send me weekly updates with my daughters development.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Ok it''s 4am over here in Melbourne and Button is keeping me awake. My little boy is VERY active and everytime I fall asleep he gives me a good kick and I''m wide awake again.

I''m sitting here with my hot chocolate reading PS.

Any one else has trouble sleeping whilst you''re pregnant?

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2006 2:02:54 PM
Author: JadeLeaves
Ok it''s 4am over here in Melbourne and Button is keeping me awake. My little boy is VERY active and everytime I fall asleep he gives me a good kick and I''m wide awake again.

I''m sitting here with my hot chocolate reading PS.

Any one else has trouble sleeping whilst you''re pregnant?

Hahah, I''m laughing because I''m starting to have a similar problem. The baby doesn''t wake me up at night (probably not big enough yet), but I have noticed lately that while I''m falling to sleep, she gets very active. I was just saying to my husband last night that it was starting to get annoying. Of course, I do love feeling her move around because it''s reassuring that she''s doing okay in there, but it can be a bit distracting, especially late at night. I think we have an active on too. Everytime we''ve had an ultrasound or the doctor has listened to the heartbeat, we can see/hear her squirming around.

Anyone have problems with their appetite while pregnant? I always thought I''d be extra hungry and be fighting off cravings. It''s been just the opposite. I have almost no appetite (morning sickness is gone, knock on wood, so it''s not htat) and it''s kind of worrying me a little. I really have to make a conscious effort to get all my calories in because food really just doesn''t interest me much. I don''t even have any cravings. Is this normal?

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/10/2006 2:22:23 PM
Hahah, I''m laughing because I''m starting to have a similar problem. The baby doesn''t wake me up at night (probably not big enough yet), but I have noticed lately that while I''m falling to sleep, she gets very active.

*heheh* Demelza - the operative words here are NOT YET
2.gif
I swear Button knows when I''m resting and saves all his gymnastics for when I''m lying down. Funny story - all day today I didn''t feel him move much, and Hubby rang me from a stopover in Malaysia (he''s gone away on business) and I told him Button''s been quiet today. He said, ''Put him on'' and I held the mobile to my belly (okok I''m a dag) and god knows what hubby said to Button, because a minute later he stirred in my belly!! i laughed and asked hubby what he said to our baby, and he said, ''I told him to give mummy a good kick in the kidneys!''
41.gif

Anyone have problems with their appetite while pregnant? I always thought I''d be extra hungry and be fighting off cravings. It''s been just the opposite. I have almost no appetite (morning sickness is gone, knock on wood, so it''s not htat) and it''s kind of worrying me a little. I really have to make a conscious effort to get all my calories in because food really just doesn''t interest me much. I don''t even have any cravings. Is this normal?

Ohh I haven''t had any issues after the morning sickness subsided. Everything tastes SO GOOD now. Needless to say, I am eating all the time
9.gif
18.gif
. I don''t think it''s an issue unless you are eating much lesser than usual. Are you taking supplements? I''ve been taking folic acid since we started trying for a baby, and started taking fish oil capsules once I found out I''m pregnant.

How big is your belly now? I feel MASSIVE already, and I have 3 more months to go!
6.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2006 2:37:29 PM
Author: JadeLeaves

Hahah, I''m laughing because I''m starting to have a similar problem. The baby doesn''t wake me up at night (probably not big enough yet), but I have noticed lately that while I''m falling to sleep, she gets very active.

*heheh* Demelza - the operative words here are NOT YET
2.gif
I swear Button knows when I''m resting and saves all his gymnastics for when I''m lying down. Funny story - all day today I didn''t feel him move much, and Hubby rang me from a stopover in Malaysia (he''s gone away on business) and I told him Button''s been quiet today. He said, ''Put him on'' and I held the mobile to my belly (okok I''m a dag) and god knows what hubby said to Button, because a minute later he stirred in my belly!! i laughed and asked hubby what he said to our baby, and he said, ''I told him to give mummy a good kick in the kidneys!''
41.gif

Ohh I haven''t had any issues after the morning sickness subsided. Everything tastes SO GOOD now. Needless to say, I am eating all the time
9.gif
18.gif
. I don''t think it''s an issue unless you are eating much lesser than usual. Are you taking supplements? I''ve been taking folic acid since we started trying for a baby, and started taking fish oil capsules once I found out I''m pregnant.

How big is your belly now? I feel MASSIVE already, and I have 3 more months to go!
6.gif

That''s funny about hubby talking to the baby and getting him to move! I''m going to test that out today. How many weeks are you? I''m just 22 weeks and I think you''re about 6 weeks ahead of me, no? I can''t imagine what the kicking will be like in six weeks. My doctor said that often babies in utero are lulled to sleep with the rocking movement of us walking around and being active during the day. It''s when we''re quite and resting that they wake up and start moving around. Seems backwards, huh?

I''ve been taking folic acid too, but that''s it. I was worried vitamins would make me nauseous and my doc said it was okay not to take them. I''m definitely getting enough food in, I think, but it''s no more than ususal (at least I don''t think so). It''s just weird that I''m not super into it. Maybe it''s just a phase and I''ll start getting ravenous any day now.

My belly isn''t huge yet. I look pregnant for sure, but it''s quite manageable at this point. I can still sleep partly on my side/stomach.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Dem on having the girl. You will just love all the fun girl stuff out there
36.gif
. As for the excerise, you're right on keeping your heart rate under 140. I actually taught spinning classes up until 2 weeks before I delivered my first
23.gif
. every time I went to the doctor I'd hope he'd tell me I should stop, he didn't and told me to add water aerobics
6.gif
. those who excerise really do bounce back into pre-baby shape a lot quicker IMO. The water aerobics feels sooo great in later months b/c for that 45 min - hour you're not supporting the added weight of the baby and it gives your back and legs a nice break
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dem,
Your appetite will increase soon. I wasn''t super hungry either when I was 22 weeks pregnant. When you are lying down jadeleaves you feel the baby more because you are still. I remember being woken up by Ashley more than Rob. That''s funny because he''s much more hyper than she is. I guess you''ll get used to the kickiing over time. And take naps during the day if you can.

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Demelza!

I saw a friends 3D ultrasound. WoW! talk about technology. She found out she''s having a baby boy. He was a flaunting his little thing for mom to see.

cuteyTT/KristyDarling: Question of CBFM: I just got mine.

Now, correct me if I''m wrong... If AF shows up in the afternoon or in the evening, it''s usually light, and brownish pink, do I set this as Day 1 or shall I wait until morning to set the monitor?

(Hope this makes sense) Please advise.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CdnBling -- you have to push the "m" button on the morning after your period first begins, which in your case sounds like it begins with brownish-pink spotting. If you first get the spotting in the afternoon or evening, push the m button the NEXT morning. If you get the first spotting of your cycle overnight while you sleep, then push the m button in the morning right after you awake. HTH!

Demelza -- congrats on becoming a girl mommy!!! Like MINE!! I never thought I''d have a daughter (always saw myself as a boy mom for some reason), and now that I have my little 17-month-old girl I feel so complete and happy. I just bought her very first baby doll and toy stroller and it was so much fun to enjoy these girly things together!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Have sex.. it will put the baby back to sleep.. they like the rocking motion
28.gif

I had a hard time sleeping in the last few months.. I felt like a behomouth beached whale flopping wround on high thread count sheets...LOL..
39.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2006 3:41:58 PM
Author: CdnBlingGal
Congrats Demelza!

I saw a friends 3D ultrasound. WoW! talk about technology. She found out she''s having a baby boy. He was a flaunting his little thing for mom to see.

cuteyTT/KristyDarling: Question of CBFM: I just got mine.

Now, correct me if I''m wrong... If AF shows up in the afternoon or in the evening, it''s usually light, and brownish pink, do I set this as Day 1 or shall I wait until morning to set the monitor?

(Hope this makes sense) Please advise.

I heard these things are amazing. I only had the reualr ultrasound with my girls.. My brother said it leaves little to the imagine of what the baby is gong to look like..LOL

lili

Ideal_Rock
Selflove,

Thanks for the response.
No, I haven''t consulted my doctor regarding my TTC.
I''ve just been doing some reading off some websites (babycenter.com, ivillage.com, etc)
and found that I am on the underweight side. I didn''t think that would be a problem,
but perhaps it is since we''ve been trying for about 2 years.
I guess it is time for me to make an appointment with the doctor.

Thanks. Congrats again on your pregnancy.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lili, for my first child I was considered undeweight but it didn''t prevent me from conceiving, so I don''t think body weight per se has much effect. A different matter is percentage of body fat. If you exercise strenuously, or very underweight you can supress your ovulation (ever hear of those athletes that don''t have periods?) I don''t know whether that applies to you. But just as for every day health, best to try to have healthy regular meals so you are getting all your nutritional requirements, not overwork yourself, do things that lower stress.
Good luck!

ps- once you do conceive, if you are underweight they will ask you to gain more weight during your pregnancy, which for me was hard. I almost felt like Deniro in raging bull where having to stuff myself all the time! In addition to regular meals I have been eating power bars for snacks and having fruit smoothies or ice cream sundaes in the evening.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2006 5:15:15 PM
Author: part gypsy
Lili, for my first child I was considered undeweight but it didn't prevent me from conceiving, so I don't think body weight per se has much effect. A different matter is percentage of body fat. If you exercise strenuously, or very underweight you can supress your ovulation (ever hear of those athletes that don't have periods?) I don't know whether that applies to you. But just as for every day health, best to try to have healthy regular meals so you are getting all your nutritional requirements, not overwork yourself, do things that lower stress.
Good luck!

ps- once you do conceive, if you are underweight they will ask you to gain more weight during your pregnancy, which for me was hard. I almost felt like Deniro in raging bull where having to stuff myself all the time! In addition to regular meals I have been eating power bars for snacks and having fruit smoothies or ice cream sundaes in the evening.
Part Gypsy,

I'm sorry I didn't see your post that you are expecting very soon!
Congratulations to you as well. Do you know if it is a boy or girl? Or do you want to be surprised?

Anyway, thank you for the response. Yes, I have heard of people who exercise so vigorously to the point that they are
not ovulating. Although I am underweight, I believe that I am still ovulating as my period and ovuation indictors are
still there. I noticed that my body temp shift up in the middle of my cycle and shift down at the end of the cycle.
Also, I get the egg-white 13-14 days before my next period. I did noticed that the egg-white window is alot shorter than
when I was younger. That is why I am asking about the fertility drug FertilAid.

Anyway, I am going to check with a doctor to see that I there is nothing wrong with me.
I am afraid that I might have a blocked tube or something since my menses were pretty heavy before.

Wish me luck that I have a good clean bill of health.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
lili,
Good luck at the doctor''s I hope everything checks out for you. Let us know how it goes. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!!!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
that's interesting re the exercise mrs salvo...i asked my coworker who is preggo what her dr said and she said that he told her that if you are already doing an exercise consistently, that you don't have to stop doing it even as you get more advanced. i told her about the gal who was kickboxing and she said that if she had already been doing it before then her dr would say it was fine for her to continue with it, of course as long as she doesnt get dehydrated etc. this girl in my class has mega energy and she is not SKINNY, she just looks healthy and muscular. i got stuck in the spot right behind her the other day for class and she was pretty inspiring. anyway kinda interesting. it's good to know that just because you are pregnant does not mean you are stuck just doing yoga. hehee. that's soooo not my cup of tea. i get so bored.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2006 8:07:29 PM
Author: Mara
that''s interesting re the exercise mrs salvo...i asked my coworker who is preggo what her dr said and she said that he told her that if you are already doing an exercise consistently, that you don''t have to stop doing it even as you get more advanced. i told her about the gal who was kickboxing and she said that if she had already been doing it before then her dr would say it was fine for her to continue with it, of course as long as she doesnt get dehydrated etc. this girl in my class has mega energy and she is not SKINNY, she just looks healthy and muscular. i got stuck in the spot right behind her the other day for class and she was pretty inspiring. anyway kinda interesting. it''s good to know that just because you are pregnant does not mean you are stuck just doing yoga. hehee. that''s soooo not my cup of tea. i get so bored.
Yup that is 100% correct. If you have been active doing a sport and are in good health you don''t have to give it up because you are pregnant. I played competitive tennis during both pregnancies. I was physically fit and was so glad I kept up with it. I would have been miserable had I had to give it up. I think as long as you listen to your body, and consult your doctor it''s all good. At least that worked for me. Mind you I didn''t go diving for a ball that was way out of reach. And I was playing doubles not singles.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am convinced that because I exercised during my pregnancies I bounced back a lot quicker. I was wearing my regular jeans 2 weeks after my first. You''re not allowed to excercise for 6 weeks after giving birth but I think your body remembers where it was pre-pregnancy and goes back there faster. Don''t know if it works for everyone but it worked for me.

Nursing also helps burn a lot calories and you''ll lose the baby weight faster..

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/11/2006 8:07:29 PM
Author: Mara
that''s interesting re the exercise mrs salvo...i asked my coworker who is preggo what her dr said and she said that he told her that if you are already doing an exercise consistently, that you don''t have to stop doing it even as you get more advanced. i told her about the gal who was kickboxing and she said that if she had already been doing it before then her dr would say it was fine for her to continue with it, of course as long as she doesnt get dehydrated etc. this girl in my class has mega energy and she is not SKINNY, she just looks healthy and muscular. i got stuck in the spot right behind her the other day for class and she was pretty inspiring. anyway kinda interesting. it''s good to know that just because you are pregnant does not mean you are stuck just doing yoga. hehee. that''s soooo not my cup of tea. i get so bored.
Absolutely true! I have a friend who did karate and kick boxing her entire pregnancy because she had been doing it for year
6.gif
All was well and she was super fit and knocked the weight off after birth in no time flat
29.gif

Demelza...congrats on finding out you are having a girl
36.gif
That''s fabulous news!! I have one of each and can honestly say the girl is SOOOOO much fun to shop for LOL She has tons compared to my boy although he''s the one that gives me all the love LOL
30.gif
30.gif
I can''t stop shopping for my daughter. She was our first born and such a great baby. I wish you all the same. Have fun decorating and buying pink
1.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results