color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

lili

Ideal_Rock
Eph and Snlee
Cute belly pics
5.gif

Like Jas12 said, from this point, your belly is going to grow so fast.
So take plenty of pictures because it''s fun comparing your belly size from week to week.

Hehe, Snlee, I stopped measuring my belly when the number started getting too big
9.gif

It is amazing how your belly can grow in a week huh?
I remember mine actually pop out in a matter of 24 hours.

Re: "us" time. Hubby is worried about that too.
I can tell you that so far, the first 2 months has been all baby.
I''m hoping that things will get to be a routine (as in Jade having a more set sleep schedule) so that we can somewhat have some "us" time at night.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Diver
Daner has got to be one of the happiest baby on the block.
I love that shot of her and Elmo in a staring contest.
Too cute and funny.
Where''s updated pic of your Jake?

Bobo
Glad to hear that the fever has broken for little B.
I agree with the others, he''s such a cheruby little guy.
Too cute with the towel over his head
5.gif

Burk
Let me tell you that Jade will be jealous of Tayva''s blonde curl
1.gif

Love the bumbo shot.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Ahh...the diamond babies
9.gif

TGal
Amelia is a cutie and so girly.
I can definitely see some asian in her -- around the eyes and nose.
You got to post the natural sunlight pix of her.
I want to see her redish hair!

Hehe, I guess you are right -- all those tummy times to tire her out definitely help with her motor skills.
The problem is that she does get tired, but still refuses to sleep.
I have days where she naps for less than an hour total in course of 12 hours.
Anyway, Jade is not too keen on tummy time. She''d just learned to flip back on her back whenever we give her tummy time.
It''s kind of funny the way she does it too.....she made like one of her arm is broken and propel with the opposite leg.

I hear you on the screaming.
She''d be crying bloody murder when I''m a bit slow to feed her.

And I think you are being modest about your body, base on what I''ve heard and seen when you were preggo.

MrsS
I agree with TGal, Jake is a studmeister.
Love his baby blues.
He''s so cute with his beach hat!
Wow, he is a big little guy -- 23" and 14 lbs?
Did he get his shots yet?

Jade just went in for her second appt.
She''s 22" and up to 11.5 lbs.
Yup, she''s a porker.
Can''t believe she gained close to 5 lbs in less than 10 wks.
Poor thing, she got 3 shots and one oral vaccination.
I think she hates the oral one more -- gagging and was pulling her hair when the nurse gave her the oral medication.

Jas12
Eee....look at Co in his cow diaper.
Tooo cute! So what other prints do you have?
Yay, on having a date night with Charlie.
It''ll be a while before we can have a date night.
Jade is still not going down for her naps and so gets pretty fussy during the day
And now with her cry becoming more like a scream, just about the only place I feel comfortable with her is at home
8.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal
The boogie shot is too funny, but she''s still so cute in it.

I hate those buggers.
Can''t seem to get those out with the bulby thing.
I''m such a bad mom, because when I see one of those in her nose, I actually let her CIO for a while so that the bugger is loose.
I was so tempted to use the tweezer, but I refrained
41.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 3:53:28 PM
Author: Jas12
Cohen news--he''s just about laughing out loud. He gives me a big mouth grin and then a small sound but it hasn''t fully burst out yet--sooo cute. He''s such a happy little bug. he''s napping SO much better now which is terrific. I can usually get him down for 3 short naps during the day. His nighttime sleeping is the same--nowhere near as good as miss amelia''s, but i''ll take it.

Awee...how sweet.
So tell me, did you have to do some silly act to get him to laugh? :)

That''s great that Co is napping better in the day.
I''m still working on Jade.
I''m lucky if she actually go down for one 2-hr nap a day.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2008 9:20:03 AM
Author: Jas12
Q--how long will it take for the linea nigra to fade away? I was trying on my bikini yesterday and it looks ridiculous, a wobbly little path down my wobbly little belly
14.gif

Mine is actually darker now than while preggo.
I guess my belly is no longer stretched
9.gif
so the line is skinnier. Heck, the skin on my belly looks darker than the rest of my body.
Like TGal, I''m not about to wear a bikini any time in the future, so no worry there.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Gemma
Glad to hear that you are feeling better.
What week are you again?

Hmm...I actually didn''t have any real maternity clothes.
Most of my tops are baby dolls or shirts one size larger.
And I wore the yoga pants around the second tri (yes, embarrassing, but since my work is pretty lax with dress code, I took advantage of it).

I worked up to the day I delivered (worked on Friday and delivered on Monday).
But then again, my work doesn''t require me to stand or move much but sit in front of a computer.
I''ll say that sitting too much will take a toll on your back and legs.
Remember to get up and stretch every so often.
My legs were so swollen by the end of the day because I sat too much.

I''d probably preferred to move in during the third tri.
I take it that you don''t have to do the moving yourself.
I have no time for myself after the baby is born, especially the first few weeks.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your little boy LIA!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas, I am sorry you felt frustrated. Hopefully it was nothing I said. I have found parenting to be so personal. About the birth, I obviously did NOT have twins but b/c of the meconium I had an entire peds team (maybe 5 people?), my nurse, doctor, mom, DH....good thing it was a big room!
37.gif
I did not get to hold T for probably 10 mins. They rushed her off to the corner (covered with a long fabric wall). All I could do was hear what they were saying/doing and look wide eyed at my mom and DH. It was very strange to say the least. NOT what they show in the movies
2.gif

Janine, I had (wait STILL HAVE! Haha!) a sweet tooth too! I craved sweets all the time.

Jas12, sounds like you guys have a good routine! T always falls asleep when we are out to eat. She loves the white noise. Scary about the umbrella!
23.gif

LIA, Yay for team blue! Hope you had a great trip!!!!

TGal, hope you had a great date! So nice your mom is local *I am jealous!*

So I went out with some friends for drinks and dessert last night. T slept until almost 10!
6.gif
She is always so good on my mornings off! Not fair I tell ya! I got my birthday present early....a new car! (Well new to me). We spent all of yesterday in the dealership. We''ve been close to getting an SUV for awhile now. It''s amazing how much room all the baby stuff takes and we drive to Ohio several times a year. Plus now I feel safer with a bigger car (everyone here has SUVs). Anyways...that''s my excitement!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys - apologies for the threadjack!

Thought u should all know about the Jeep Overland stroller.

I think the pic says it all!

This happened at the hilly zoo
6.gif
!!!

Needless to say they are sending us a new one.

P6090145StrollerPS1.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~My DH is really sweet (most of the time
9.gif
). The bumbo is so great for a first highchair. T is so into her feet right now, though, that she spends most of the time down by them....makes feeding her difficult. I keep telling DH we need to go buy a highchair. We are also going to look for a new car seat. And, did I miss your birthday? What kind of SUV did you get? We just got a new SUV Thursday. We both had SUV''s before but we sold the one I drive to DH''s parents and got a new one. Do you find it''s so much easier putting T in her carseat in an SUV? I don''t think we''ll ever be able to go back to a car.

janine~Thanks! Yea, she''s getting huge! She was bigger than a 7 mo old boy at the pool today!!!
23.gif

tgal~Thanks! It''s bitter sweet that she''s eating solids...just reminds me of how fast she''s grown up!
7.gif
But, I love how much personality she has and she''s just so much fun. Hope you had a great date night!

jas~Sorry to hear things around here are frustrating you! So funny that the babies love to play with your DH. T always responded to my DH too. It made him feel so good!

jas12~sorry to hear about your incident at the restaraunt. How scary!! And, yes, the bumbo is seriously one of the best things ever made. T LOVES hers.

LIA~CONGRATS on baby boy!! So fun you''re feeling movement.

lili~Thanks! I wish I could capture T''s curls in a picture....some hairs are curly, others aren''t and if I don''t comb it after her bath it''s all crazy!

Well, Tayva is napping so I better go get ready. DH came with T and I to the pool at our country club then went golfing with our BIL. My sister and I are meeting back up with them for dinner out there in an hour.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, we got a Jeep G.C. limited. I love it but need to get used to it. It drives and feels a lot different than a car (which is only what I ever drove). We are going to Ohio in July and can''t wait to travel in style! For once we won''t be so cramped! My birthday is on the 24th so you didn''t miss it. DH turns 30 tomorrow. He is NOT happy about it!

High chair makes things a lot easier once they get more into food. I love Tessa''s and I think she likes it too.

We just got back from the hospital to visit my friend who just had a baby girl. She is so cute and I seriously cannot remember T that small!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, so MANY ADORABLE Sweet Baby's, they are way too cute for words
9.gif
Happy Father's day to the dad's of these cutie pies.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Lover in athens--congrats on the baby boy! Team blue has some new recruits on here :)

Lili--I bet jade will start napping better soon. Cohen really just seemed to switch over in the past week or so. I think he finally gave in. It is sometimes hard to let him lay quietly in his crib when i know he''s fighting sleep and he doesn''t always go down, but every day/week seems to be better. As i mentioned before i gave the baby Whisperer book a shot and it makes sense to me. How much does Jade weigh now? Is she spacing out her nursing a bit more yet? She is obviously thriving b/c she is super strong so maybe you just have to continue to live by her rule?
3.gif

Gemma--forgot to ask about your friend with the sleep issues and the PPD--what did she end up doing (do u know what med she went on, if at all, and if she was nursing?) I go to my fam doctor on tuesday and i want to force her to discuss it with me.

Tacori--sweet! a new car! what did you get? We desperately need something. I just sold my VW passat and now we are using a truck with an extended-cab. It is big and safe but it is beyond awful to load a car-seat into and the stroller does not fit etc.
Happy b-day to you!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas12, we got a Jeep GC. DH grew up with them and loves them. I am not really a car person so didn''t really care. I am excited to see how much stuff will fit. Little things are also nice like when you turn the car off the driver''s seat backs up (which is great b/c I am a shortie and always have trouble getting out). Also I can put the passanger''s seat back even with her car seat in (great for our 10 hour drive
14.gif
) The DVD player is built in so no annoying cords. I love it so far! What kind are you looking at?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~DH has had Jeep GCs for as long as I've known him. That's actually what we sold to his parents!
9.gif
It was only a year old and we loved it, but his parent really wanted it and my DH is a car guy and always wants a new car
20.gif
. I, too, just stayed out of it. We got an Acura MDX. I absolutely LOVE it!! It drives a litte more like a car than the jeep did and it has 3rd row seating (which we won't use often, but just nice to have the option without having to drive a HUGE vehicle). I'm sure you'll love the jeep and the space you'll have!

Anyone doing anything fun for Fathers' Day? It's storming like crazy here (imagine that). We're just getting together with family. Happy Fathers' Day to all the PS babies' daddies!!
36.gif
36.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Burk--boy you guys have crummy weather lately eh?

Tacori--i we were thinking Jeep as well--funny, glad you like it. I''ll tell Charlie

Charlie and i are off to Costco and Starbucks--a 1.5 hour drive to get to the nearest city that has both of these places--oh what an exciting life we lead when a latte and jumbo packs of toilet paper is what a couple looks forward to on a sunday aft
3.gif

I got Charlie Leonard Cohen tix a couple of weeks ago (cost an arm and a leg) and we travelled to see him so i figure i did my part.

what is everyone else doing for father''s day

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
on the suv subject,
we got a toyota highlander (hybrid) in december and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! i''d never driven an suv prior to this one, and barely could tell the difference. and it gets around 28 mpg which is pretty darn good!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, that is funny! I am sure we will need a third row one day but no time soon! It is so much easier to put the car seat in. No bending over.

Jas12, so far so good! I do like the way they look and it has some nice features (that I am not used to).

Lia, I would have loved to look at toyotas (or hondas) but DH is STUBBORN. I am glad you like your hybrid. Hopefully jeep will come out with one so in 5 years (or whenever we get a new car) I have a chance to convince DH.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats LIA on team blue! Glad to have ya!

I''m 26w, 1d and have yet another dr. appt today. Can''t get enough of those weigh ins!
3.gif

Tacori, congrats on the car!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Jas! It''s fun to have something different.

I am FINALLY going back to the doc for my annual today. I was really putting it off. I guess after having a baby and the year prior of poking and visits the LAST thing I wanted to do was go back. But I figure better safe than sorry. Plus I was to get back on the regular pill since I am no longer BFing. I wonder if he will let me since I have still not had a period.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Jas12~Yep, the weather has been ridiculous. It''s been nice today so hopefully that sticks around! Hope you and Charlie had a nice trip to Costco and Starbucks.
21.gif

Tacori~My doc started me on birth control when I quit breastfeeding and didn''t make me wait for a period. He had me start right away. Maybe your doctor will do the same?

Well, my house is a disaster so I better get cleaning while the little one is sleeping. BBL

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, oh I love my doc! He talked for me for like 20 mins before the exam. I love docs that do that. Anywho he put me on a temp. BC. I forgot the brand but the normal 28 day cyle one. He said after I get a period I can go on Seasonique (gave me the script w/o a date). He was just worried that I would spot and bleed for 2 weeks if I went right on the 3 month pill. Sounds good to me. How funny when the nurse asked for my last period....1/1/07!!!! Sounds so crazy!

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
tacori...good luck on the doctor's appt. hope things go well!! i hear you on the jeep GC...DH had a 1998 one that he LOVED and sold about a year ago. we were VERY close to getting a newer one b/c he was so crazy about them!

burk...i'm glad that the weather is getting better. we, on the other hand, are just moving into what i like to call "weather hell" (excuse my language). unfortunately that's exactly what it feels like outside! high of 113 today and tomorrow, and then a cool down all the way to 111 the rest of the week!!!!!!!!! i don't know how i'm going to survive this summer!!! :)

jas and snlee...i'm so excited to join team blue with you guys! and to everyone else, thanks for the congrats! we are still very excited. somehow everything seems very real all of sudden.

had my monthly appt today...everything looks good. this was my last appt with my current doctor since i'll be moving back to tucson (from phoenix) in a couple weeks (CAN'T WAIT!!!!!). i really liked her so it was kind of sad. she's a family practitioner though so i'll be kind of glad to get back to the straight OB. also, my new (well, semi-old b/c i used to see her before i had to move up to phoenix) OB went to med school with DH. so funny!!

that's all for now. hope everyone is feeling well!!

ETA: oops, tacori looks like we posted at the same time. that's great about the OCPs!!

regalada

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone:

I posted a long time ago when I first found out I was pregnant with our first baby. I got put on bed rest back in March and became a lurker since I could only lay on my side and could not type that way. I could still mouse so I could still read the thread, so I followed everybody’s stories, enjoyed the beautiful pictures of the little ones, and learned a lot about what’s to come.

I’m now 37 weeks and have been authorized to sit up and move about, so I can type again. My due date is July 6, so we are about 20 days away from meeting our little Isabelle. I got put on bed rest because of contractions so we were very relieved to make it to 37 weeks. It’s been a trying three months for me and my DH, me trying to let go of the things I cannot do, and him trying to do all the things I do the best he can, all while getting ready for the baby.

Our families and old friends are all far away so we struggled with deciding whether to fly anyone in for the birth and the days right after it. We decided against it, and every day I second guess myself and hope we are not making a mistake. DH is staying home with me for a week after the birth so I thought bringing my mom after he goes back to work would be best, as I think I might need the most help then, plus she is not the easiest person to deal with even in ordinary circumstances so having her here might stress me out more than help me. My mom is ok with it although a bit sad she will not witness her daughter giving birth, but she trusts DH and thinks he will be fine as my one and only support person. Yet I am afraid that we’ll get home with the baby and get immediately overwhelmed with everything and start wishing Mom was here. Everybody keeps telling me to get all the help I can get and that makes me wonder if we made the right decision.

Did anyone decide to go at it alone and did not regret it?

On a happier note, did anyone bring an extra outfit for the baby’s first photo in addition to the coming home outfit? I’ve read that some people do that and been wondering if we should.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey all,

Glad everyone is doing relatively well. It is a busy few weeks for us, went to MN this weekend and MI next weekend. It''s wedding season for sure! Wish I could reply to everyone, will try and catch up soon.

But on the twins front we had a dr appointment today and the dr could again only hear one heartbeat. So we did a quickie US in the office and luckily everything looks great! One twin is sitting practically on top of the other and their HB''s are still the same (160) so that is why we are never sure if we hear the same one twice or different ones. But it is such a relief to see that they are looking good!

It''s amazing how much they change in only a few weeks. At our last US (7 weeks and change) they looked like shapeless blobs. Today you could clearly see all their limbs, the head, etc. and this was still with a really crappy machine, so that was super cool. Now we wait until the 20 week US unfortunately...it''s going to be hard for me to wait! But now that I am at 12 weeks I am feeling better/more secure about everything.

I do feel bad for the one twin that is being squished! Lol. Twin A was practically sprawled out like she/he was laying in a hammock. Twin B had his/her arms and legs all squished up poor thing!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
regal, congrats to making it to 37 weeks. I cannot even imagine what it was like to be on bed rest for 3 months! But you are so close now! You'll do great.

Lia, good luck with your move!

ETA: NF, glad your u/s looked good!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!
35.gif

Just doing a quick driveby--I''ll have to go back and read everyone''s posts but it sounds like all is well in baby and preggo land. The photos are all tooooo precious!!

Regalada, congratulations on making it to 37 weeks and getting off bedrest. You''re in the home stretch now!!! And just so you don''t feel like you''re the only one, I did it all by myself too--no help from family after Lily was born. I worked on Friday, gave birth on Saturday, came home from the hospital on Monday and DH went back to work on Tuesday so I was literally ALL ALONE. It''s scary and overwhelming but totally not impossible. I''m not the type to complain or ask for unnecessary help either so I never really had to call on anyone for assistance. My mother would come and spend a day with me or my MIL would stop by on her lunch breaks but other than that, it was me and my baby and I have no regrets. I think we are all stronger than we think and if you''re in that situation, you make it work because you have no choice. A lot of people like to have extra help and there''s nothing wrong with that but for me, it was a great experience to really learn how to be a mommy all by myself. Plus, I was lucky to have an easy baby who slept a lot so it wasn''t too bad!

lia, congratulations on team BLUE!!! Glad you''re feeling movement too. It''s fun, isn''t it?!

I''m sorry I''m not addressing everyone individually but I really haven''t had a chance to catch up. We were in Maine for the last 4 days on a mini-vacation (had to go to a wedding). Lily had the time of her life!!!! She loved running around on the beach. It''s too cold to go in the water but she had a blast on the sand and so did we! Here''s a photo so you can see a little bit of my preggo self too!

lilymommybeach2.jpg

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
My big girl in her Gymboree bathing suit and awesome thighs! She had so much fun!!!!

lilybeach2.jpg

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Mommy, Daddy and Baby feet on the beach!! Corny but cute!

beachfeet.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results