shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori: I read in a number of different resources that babies should double their birth weight by 5 months & triple it by one year! Delaney was 8 & 1/2 at birth & 16lbs 8oz at 5 months, so she did about that. Jake was 6lb 13oz at birth & 15lbs at 5mo, but only 19lbs by 1 year...

btw...delaney was 19lbs at 7 months!!! eeek! She will be 8mos next monday.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Kay !! woo hoo!

Gemma: your sonogram looks great! so cute!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a birthweight/growth chart:

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/pa/pa_normalgr_hhg.htm

Average newborn (full-term)
Weight: 7 pounds, 5 ounces (normal range: 6 to 10 pounds)

Length: 20 inches (50 cm) (normal range: 18 1/2 to 21 1/2 inches)

Head circumference: 13.8 inches (35 cm) (normal range: 33 to 37 cm)

A premature baby is born before 37 weeks gestation and usually weighs less than 5 and 1/2 pounds (2.5 kilograms).

Average weights at different ages
5 months: double birth weight

12 months: triple birth weight

2 years: quadruple birth weight

1 to 6 years: weight in pounds = (age x 5) + 17

7 to 12 years: weight in pounds = (age x 7) + 5

Average heights at different ages
4 years: double birth length

13 years: triple birth length

2 to 14 years: height in inches = (age x 2 1/2) + 30

(1 foot = 12 inches; 1 inch = 2.5 centimeters)

lili

Ideal_Rock
Kay--
Woohoo for team pink!
Yay for the great amnio results.
Now you can announce your pregnancy to the world!
36.gif
36.gif

QT--
Have fun at the maternity ward tour!
How was the u/s scan by the way?
You mentioned that the dr wanted to remeasure your little bean?

Gemma--
Love the u/s.
How many weeks are you already?
I felt movement pretty early.
I think it was around 16-17 wks.
It was sporadic at the stage.
By 18 wks, she was kicking up a storm and there was no mistake that it was fetal movemnent.
I miss those movements so much
8.gif

So envious of your preggos right now
41.gif

TGal--
Yay for the good night sleep.
Like MrsS, I''m still up at least 2x a night, which is not too bad.
Daytime feeding is worst for me since J feeds almost on the hour.
Somehow, I can''t get her to take her naps.
There are days when she go down for one nap during the day
8.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
MrsS--
So exciting for your sister.
So is this the first time you are going to be an auntie?
Love the new pix of Jake by the way.
Cute idea of taking the monthly pix with the Teddy bear, who suggested it?
2.gif

Burk--
Yat for the giggles
36.gif
36.gif

Can''t wait for mine to break into a giggle fest

lili

Ideal_Rock
Wow, five months to double the birth weight?
Little J has already gained around 3 lbs in 5 wks.
She's 9 1/2 lb right now.
At this rate, she'll be double her birth weight by 2 months.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Janinegirly--
Just saw in the Preggos in Waiting list that you are expecting a girl!
Congrats.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Anyone has a noisy sleeper?
Mine grunts and grimaces as if she''s in pain when she sleeps.
Her face would get all red and then the next minute she''s fine.
She kicks too.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool chart Diver thanks! That makes more sense. I''d be a bit afraid for Amelia if she was 15.5 pounds at 3 months! Although she is getting bigger...

Tacori, do I need to get Amelia a swimsuit? She''ll be so young for summer...what do you think? When do you start taking babies for swimming "lessons"?

lili, only one nap during the day? Man I''d die...I love it when Amelia naps. Maybe it is because your girl is feeding on the hour? Have you tried lengtening her feeding times? Does she fall asleep on the breast at all? Since her weight gain is good, you should be able to feed every 3 hours (from start to start). From my lactation support class, the average weight gain should be 4 to 7 oz a week is what I learned. Amelia blew through that number with 11 oz in one week, so they do have spurts. Jadelyn is averaging 9.6 oz a week. What does the doc say? Mine saw Amelia''s weight gain in two weeks and told me cut down my supplement or lengthen the feeding time. Today she had only 6 feeds (I screwed up on one feed since I napped and didn''t wake up, and neither did she so she went 5 hours between a daytime feed!). She normally has 8 feeds a day, but if she continues to sleep through as well as she has, it will only be seven feeds a day.

As for noisy sleeping...she is noisy when she is sleeping lightly. She squawks here and there. But when she''s out, she is OUT. No noise at all.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tgal, off topic...go look at the "embarrassing questions" thread....I''m cracking myself up tonight....

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, entertaining yourself are ya, Diver?
2.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tgal again: Ok, can I tell you how much I friggin ADORE my single BOB for Delaney? Since Jake is such a good walker at the mall (he stays right on me & likes to be able to strut next to me, holding my hand,checking out fabrics, toys, shoes, "cute belts" etc.... LOL) I don''t need my double for every day errands....its my outdoor stroller (since I go for miles..he likes to ride then). But that single BOB? OMG....it pushes SOOOO DARN WELL. I am flabbergasted! its like greased lightening...its like marshmallow fluff....and its pink & chocolate.....I even heard some ladies saying "wow, that''s a cute stroller" last night at the mall.

But man, the quality is unreal!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 1:37:27 AM
Author: divergrrl
Tgal again: Ok, can I tell you how much I friggin ADORE my single BOB for Delaney? Since Jake is such a good walker at the mall (he stays right on me & likes to be able to strut next to me, holding my hand,checking out fabrics, toys, shoes, ''cute belts'' etc.... LOL) I don''t need my double for every day errands....its my outdoor stroller (since I go for miles..he likes to ride then). But that single BOB? OMG....it pushes SOOOO DARN WELL. I am flabbergasted! its like greased lightening...its like marshmallow fluff....and its pink & chocolate.....I even heard some ladies saying ''wow, that''s a cute stroller'' last night at the mall.

But man, the quality is unreal!
No kidding...I love mine! But that''s no secret. My friend just got her bugaboo and we went walking today on the strand. It definitely pushes well and is smooth, but is not the BOB. However it is smaller and cuter, so I guess that is the tradeoff. Your pink and choc one would give "cute" a good run for the money though...my orange and brown is more sporty than cute.

But right now I am LOVING my Ergo carrier. The first time I tried it, Amelia HATED it, and so did I. I thought, WTF...who can use this with any ease whatsoever? But then we started going to physical therapy for Amelia''s torticollis and I was told to try and keep her off the back of her head as much as possible so I reluctantly whipped out the Ergo again. We both love it...she falls asleep in it every time and has not once cried in it. I have been using it everyday for walks and errands. The hospital is close by so I walk to my appointments with her in the carrier. Today when we went walking on the strand, I just used the Ergo...easier to load in the car than the BOB and I love the hands free. However I will say after walking an hour and a half with it, my back and shoulders are a bit achy, but I have a bad back to begin with.
40.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tgal: just you & I tonight, eh babe? My friend loves her Ergo too...uses it for constant hands free bfing...a godsend when you have a 3yo toddler too. LOL..see I think the Single BOB is sooooo light and a snap to put in the car, but then I''m comparing it to the double, which frankly is just HUGE, GINORMOUS, AND HEAVY because its a double. Doubles are not known for their tiny stature. Its lighter than any other double jogger, but its still heavy. So my point of reference is skewed.

I have a Molly Cuddle hip carrier in one car & a hotsling in the other. Many times I just wear Delaney (I can use the hotsling as a hip carrier now too)instead of using any stroller (boutiquing, grocery shopping--put Jake in cart)..

Ok, I have officially lost ALL the Delaney weight (29lbs) and an extra pound as of this week!

I have 10lbs to go to my "pre-Jake" weight!!!! Yay!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow...congrats Diver! That is awesome. I have not lost a pound since I left the hospital. So wrong that someone working so hard raising her kid can't eat a bucket of ice cream and not lose weight...

Yeah...those doubles look HUGE! I think if I have another, I'll do carrier and the BOB. We'll see. But don't think I'm having another.

I should hit the sack. The kid went down at 10 and we'll see if she pulls another all nighter. Where's some wood to knock on.................

ETA, is it me, or does BOB really need to find a way to have the thing snap together when folded...I still haven't figure out how to strap it shut with the wrist strap.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
My double has velcro that i loop around the handle bar & it zips it shut. i *think* my single does too (its a 2008 model). I love the orange btw...I often wish I had gotten the orange in my double.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I maybe should start another thread for these...but my bro has been sending me silly baby pics of my niece and I thought you ladies would appreciate them, or at least think thank god it''s not my baby:
My brother calls this the "square sombrero"

HH51408002.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is his "pre-Halloween" pic...
38.gif
I know, I''m sorta hanging my head in shame, but I was his younger sister by four years and I turned out ok, I think.

HH51408003.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And then there is this one, the baby with the bottle...when my bro emailed it to me he said she''s taking after her Auntie. Thanks for indulging me, please don''t report them, they really are good parents but love to be silly!

HH51308002.jpg

jas

Brilliant_Rock
I think my in-laws are the Froot Loopiest people on the planet. Had another big ol' family event (with three more in the next 2 weeks) -- my SIL greeted me with, "Hey Jelly Belly!" and then proceeded to actually look at my tummy and ask, "Um, exactly how much weight are you allowed to gain?"

DH says she's kidding. I have resolved to never ever ever joke about anyone else's pregnancy weight or belly or state of being.

I'm not upset, just, again, in a state of wonder how/why people think it's ok to say stuff like that. I feel I now need to make a t-shirt that says, "Either tell me I'm radiant or SHUT UP"

I am feeling the weight of the babies now...lotsa pressure on my abs. I still have 18-19 weeks to go and I am not looking forward to the discomfort in the middle of summer. I also cannot tie my shoes anymore. But the kicks and gurgles I feel make it worth it!

Gemma -- I forgot to comment on your U/S -- awesomeness! I love the kick-back position!
Hi Lili -- always good to see you!
Diver -- we are actually going to eventually get a double Bob, from necessity. We like the driveability! Congrats on the weight loss -- that's stupendous!
TGal -- the WS baby food processor/steamer is too cool!
Monnie -- love the pictures, especially the disguise one!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
congrats kay! we''ll have a lot of little PS girls born this fall! any ideas names? I''m still working on it..

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
this thread is hoppin, with check in more later

Kay--congrats on the little girl

lili--Co was eating every hour in his first 3 weeks as well--i really had to work on him going longer. I practically forced him to nurse a good 30-40 min the first day or so and now he can go 3 hours in b/w feeds--and up to 6 hours at night. If she falls asleep during a feed, i do the following: diaper change, burp, rub her back, switch breasts (sometimes the increased milk flow gives him a second wind)
Cohen is not a good day sleeper either--yesterday he slept maybe 40 min b/w 10am and 9pm! And this is not unusual for him--i feel like a bad mom when i am just desperate for him to sleep so i can shower or make dinner or something.

Tgal--did amelia sleep 8 hours again? i don''t know about the growth spurt theory--i''ve read that is when they wake up the most (to fuel up for their spurt)--maybe she is just a good sleeper.

So i think i am off to the doc this morning. My SIL gave me a sore throat/cold and Cohen awoke this morning with a really swollen eye that looks all weepy and has some stuff coming out the corner. My poor little guy looks like a mess--b/w his acne, his cradle cap, and now a swollen eye he looks pretty pitiful--of course i am worrying like crazy about him.
My fam is throwing his "welcome party'' this weekend--there will be a ton of ppl there and i am already stressing about him getting man-handled by well-meaning friends and family. I am not the over protective type--he gets shuffled all over the place, but if he''s sick that is another thing.

I need to go shopping--my old clothing fits but looks awful--but i hate to spend money on ''4th trimester outfits''

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diver, that is so amazing! Good for you girl. I bet you look great. Motivates me to get my butt in gear.

TGal, we aren''t doing swim lessons but we''ll take her and play around with her in the pool. A is young...don''t know. I think they can go in the pool pretty young if you want them too. We are going to the beach in a few weeks. I am excited but a little scared too (sand in the mouth types of concerns). But we''ll have fun.

jas, my neighbor with twins loves her BOB.

Monnie, little H is so cute. Love the last pic. She''s ready to party.

Lili, yes I think all newborns are noisy sleepers. T was like a frat boy. She sounded like she was doing keg stands while nursing, the farting, moaning, grunting, burping...delicate she was not!
2.gif
3.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I forgot to mention T slept from 8pm-9am (and that was with DH waking her up b/c he was concerned she hadn''t eaten in so many hours). I am sure it the vacs that made her so sleepy but it sure was nice!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it has been sooooooooooooooooo long since I've been on here that I have no idea where to start!! It's been one of those crazy-ish months... the short version: we were away in T&C, got back and my cousin's friend/sister-in-law passed away, still dealing with some of that, then traveled to VA for my little brother's college graduation, then JUST when things started to settle down.... raging, horrible stomach bug. UGH.
14.gif
So I have been out of commission all week... camped out with a pillow and blanket in the hallway by the bathroom, to be specific. It was definitely one of the least pleasant experiences of my life. But avoided hospitalization (for IV fluids), so that was a good thing. And I ate half a sandwich last night, yippee!

Still, no excuse for being away from PS for so long... I am continually amazed at how all these busy mommies find the time to keep up with everything on this thread! I'm daunted just keeping up with my own personal emails. I need to work on my scatter-brainedness, pronto. But in the meantime, if anyone can find it in their hearts to forgive my PS truancy, I would be forever grateful.
3.gif

Update #1 -- I am a little over 19 weeks, and officially have a very small belly... but it's still not SUPER noticeable. To people who know me, maybe. But a hostess at a restaurant last week took one look at me and asked point-blank, "Oh, are you pregnant?" which sent both DH and I into complete shock. I'm just so excited to actually LOOK pregnant! After all the morning sickness and now this stomach thing, I've only got a net gain of 2-3 lbs so far... but the doctor seems fine with that, and I have a feeling it's going to catch up to me quick!

Speaking of weight gain, I got a pair of Gap maternity jeans online in my regular size, and they fit fine, but snugly... I'm thinking it might be better to re-order them a size bigger to account for butt/thigh spread later? Thoughts from experienced preggos?

Update #2 -- We had our "big" ultrasound on Tuesday (you better believe I dragged myself there, barf bag and all) and everything looks good!! The baby was really active (a "show-off", according to the tech) so it went pretty quickly, but DH and I were on pins and needles the whole time, waiting for the verdict.... and.........
30.gif
IT'S A GIRL!!
30.gif

I wasn't sure whether to trust my initial girl instinct, but as soon as the tech told us, I was not surprised at all... just thrilled!! I actually clapped my hands with excitement... there may have even been a squeal or two.
31.gif
DH was in shock, eyes wide, staring at the screen (I think the pregnancy became a whole lot more REAL in that moment).... it took him about 12 hours to recover, and then the next morning he woke me up specifically to say good morning to his daughter.
12.gif
My little brothers are sooo excited too... funny conversation DH had with the younger one online:

BRO: i've started to notice cute baby girls walking around lately
BRO: your feelings?
DH: excited uncle, or future "guest" on To Catch a Predator
DH: its a coin toss really
BRO: perhaps if its me running in attacking a predator who happens to be talking to my niece online

Hehe... protective already. So her name will officially be Lyla Joy. Joy is a family name (middle name of my mom, my cousin, and me), and I've always loved Lila. DH preferred the "y" spelling, and I'd been fighting it... until yesterday I was thinking about how I wished there was some way to incorporate my grandmother (Sally) into our daughter's name... and realized that L-Y-L-A is essentially an anagram of S-A-L-L-Y (just without the s)!! So now I'm officially sold on the "y" spelling.
9.gif

OK, this post is long enough for now... I'm going to try to scan some ultrasound pix later, but first I need to do SOMEthing productive after this loss of a week! So I'm tackling the pile of laundry in the bedroom... ugh. Thanks to anyone who made it through this entire post (and found it in their hearts to forgive my absence!)... I tried to scan back through the thread to see what I had missed, but I got caught on the gorgeous Delaney pix and had to immediately share the news of my own little girl-to-be!!
30.gif
So I'll have to read everything in-depth again. But it sounded like everyone else is doing well, happy and healthy... so glad to hear it.
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
eph, sorry that you''ve been sick and dealing with some hard stuff. Of course you are forgiven! Welcome to team pink! Lots of future PS members I think
2.gif
I love having a little girl. I love her name too. You are ahead of the game there. DH made the final decision once we were at the hospital. I can''t believe you are almost half way done!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Tgal--forgot to mention how envious i am that you can nap!! I honestly don''t know how i am alive most days--i have napped maybe 20 mins since Cohen was born (and i used to be a pro napper) and since he rarely naps i don''t have many opportunities---any tricks you can share???

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas, I had trouble napping in the early days too. I found it was more likely if I knew DH was watching her (that way I could concentrate on sleep not listening for her to wake up). Fatigue takes its toll for sure.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Ephemery -- Congratulations on such great news! And I''m sorry things have otherwise been so tricky.

So many girls coming! Very exciting!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results