shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
radiantgirl - you are fine. From everything I read, light brown spotting is normal. So don''t worry. Did you ask the office what they are going to do at your first appt?

The thing that kind of freak me out is missed m/c. I was on the nest baby boards, and a lot of ladies who had a losses said they had no m/c symptoms such as cramping and bleeding and the fetus just stopped growing. That''s so scary.

Oh I''ve took belly pics at 8w, 11w and 12w, and I look like I have a bump already at 12w. After DH took the pic, he was like "you have a bump." I don''t want to show so soon. hehe.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2008 10:03:47 AM
Author: Jas12

About the belly pic--don''t know if i am brave enough to post the bare one, but maybe DH can take a ''covered'' shot tonight for me....all you other peggies have to play too
4.gif

Oh ya, got my GD test back and all is well--i was actually a little below the normal range--and I only gained 1 lb in just over 2 weeks so that made me happy!

i''ll play and post an update pic soon..

congrats one the normal GD test too!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
msb, I don't think her eyes will stay that color but for now they are beautiful. Such a guessing game that is. I still think they will turn brown.

MrsM, thanks you! Your little babe will be adorable too.

Ra, I had cramping throughout my pregnancy. I never spotted except after an exam once. If your doc isn't concerned don't worry about it.

Jas, yeah to passing your GD test!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Tacori--
When do babies take on the permanant color for their eyes?
She''s 3 months already, so I''m thinking that may be her eye colors, no?

Jas12--
Yay for the small gain at your checkup.
Double yay for the normal GD test.
Believe me, the 3-hour glucose tolerance test was no fun at all
14.gif

Radiantgirl--
Don''t worry too much about the light spotting.
I spotted at 8 wks when my second AF was supposed to come.
Like jas12 said, since you are getting m/s (sorry about that
8.gif
), it is a good sign.
It''s too bad that most dr won''t see you until you are 8 wks into your pregnancy.
It is a bit unnerving when you can''t see and feel your little bean and start spotting.

Qtiekiki--
You are so good about taking the progressive shots of your belly.
Keep up the good work.
I tried to do it, but the weeks just turned to months so fast.
Before I know it, I was 22 wks pregnant.
Don''t be shy and please do post your cute belly.

------
Update on GD test.
I passed!! and with flying colors too.
9.gif

I was so scared that I may have GD. Thank goodness it''s all good.
The nurse told me that most preggos failed the 1-hr test but pass the 3-hrs.
So ladies, don''t fret if you didn''t pass the 1-hr. I admit, it is a pain to sit there for 3 hrs and get jabbed 4 times.
But it wasn''t all that bad...just remember to bring reading materials and some snacks for afterward.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lili, so glad you passed your GD test too! I read baby''s eyes can change up to their first birthday.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
What''s a GD test? Thanks.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Qtiekiki,

GD is Gestational Diabetes.
Your doctor will order a test for you around your 26-29 wks to make sure that you don''t have it.
Some women develop GD and will need to monitor their diet and exercise or take medications if it is severe.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2008 5:35:38 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Lili, so glad you passed your GD test too! I read baby''s eyes can change up to their first birthday.

Wow, up to one year?
Then you have many more months to wonder
1.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Thanks lili. I couldn''t figure out what GD stands for. My mom''s friend/ex-coworker had GD when she was pregnant. My mom keeps telling me not to have too much sweet, so I wouldn''t develop it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2008 5:49:42 PM
Author: qtiekiki
Thanks lili. I couldn''t figure out what GD stands for. My mom''s friend/ex-coworker had GD when she was pregnant. My mom keeps telling me not to have too much sweet, so I wouldn''t develop it.

I don''t know for sure but I don''t think GD is something you cause or can bring on. All I ate was carbs and I was fine. Luckily if you do develop it, it usually goes away once the baby is born. Still it would be a PITA to check everything you eat and your blood all day.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2008 5:52:43 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Date: 1/23/2008 5:49:42 PM

Author: qtiekiki

I don''t know for sure but I don''t think GD is something you cause or can bring on. All I ate was carbs and I was fine. Luckily if you do develop it, it usually goes away once the baby is born. Still it would be a PITA to check everything you eat and your blood all day.

ditto. I was horrible my first trimester and drank a coke(or 2) every day to ward off the awful morning sickness I had. I also love sweets and know i''ve eaten way to many though this pregnacy but didn''t develop GD, so I''m not sure what brings it on. I do know exercising can really help prevent it or keep it under control. they say women who are overweight to start with also have a higher risk of it developing. it''s still better to not use me as an example and try to avoid the caffeine and sweets though
40.gif
2.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Radiant girl, hang in there....I''ve been pregnant 4 times....but only two kids....with every pg, i cramped like crazy...which made me crazy...because my successful pregnancies felt the same as my m/c''s. As for what color of blood...that''s not really a reliable benchmark.....bright red blood can indicate a subchorionic hematoma, and brown blood can indicated old blood from implantation working its way out. Either way those things happen & pregnancies go on just fine. I think the number of women who bleed during the first trimestser is 25%. And those pregnancies are just fine. My poor friend Meredith bled bright red on a plane ride home from Hawaii & was sobbing the whole way. She was about 8 weeks along. That child is now 3 and will only wear "pah-ty dresses". How are you feeling now?

But if you need to vent about it, or just want to talk, holler at me. I''ve been through a lot, so I am here for you.

Speaking of miscarriage, did you guys see the article about caffiene? I am so PISSED.
29.gif
My OB told me 2 to 3 cups a day of coffee was fine. Of course I only drank 1 to 1.5 (had to have my morning fix or I''d get a horrific withdrawal headache), but I suffered 2 miscarriages, so it makes me wonder if my coffee consumption had anything to do with it. But now, they have found that women who drink what my OB said was OK have twice the chance of m/c than those who don''t. Well crap, had I known that, I''d have weaned myself from caffeine before TTC. But I didn''t because I asked my OB if I needed to cut out coffee & he said, no, just cut back to 2 or 3 cups a day.

I feel terrible now. I mean, I''m glad my pregnancies worked out the way they did, I m/c''d before I got pregnant with Jake, and again before I got pregnant with Delaney, so I feel now like those pregnancies weren''t meant to be, because I can''t imagine having different children than the ones I have now. But it still sucked and I am warning my preggy/TTC friends.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
diver, i would take that new study with a grain of salt. seriously, like every new study out there that reports this and that isn''t always conclusive and next year they will come out with another study to say, oh it wasn''t the caffeine it was xyz. When I had my miscarriage I wasn''t drinking any caffeine, but was/did drink it with my 3 other pregnancies. I just think some things are predestined to happen and there really isn''t anything we can do to prevent it. I do think it''s best to give up if you can, I couldn''t but all turned out just fine. for me, taking the prenatal,cutting out alchohol, exercising and trying to eat well was doing everything I can do. whatever happened after that really wasn''t in my control.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Mrs S...yeah you are right...studies keep changing every few years and there is a whole litany of things I did pregnant that some people would never do..hair color, coffee, high impact exercise, etc.

it''s easy to get paranoid when you can''t see your bean and check in on it 24/7 to be sure its growing ok. But then they get here and new worries crop up. LOL.

Ok...off to pizza nite with our Moms Club....40 kids and 20 moms. Oh Lord help Round Table, they are in for it! LOL!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Tacori--I think you are right--i don''t think GD diabetes is like Type 2 diabetes that can be diet or obesity induced--diabetes takes different forms, Maybe Dani can chime in and let us know.
My sister is a juv. diabetic and she hates how ppl think it is b/c she ate too much candy as a kid or something--they don''t understand the distinction

Diver-- I read that coffee study (or one like it) as well--meh. I am more worried about the copious amounts of jujubes I eat. I ascribe to the food philosphy that the closer a food is to it''s natura/unaltered state the better it is for you--so with this in mind my 1/2 cup of black coffee every so often (1 ingredient) scares me less than my jujubes that are full of evil gelatin, food dyes, sugar, monobype%v*hce, xop*pl^ty and all the other things I can''t read much less pronounce. The almightly *They* should do a study on all that stuff!
Whatever, we all need our little indulgences to get us thru the cravings/ms

Have to share this funny: DH just walked into the room and said " Hey babies, how''s the threading going" ?
I must have looked at him funny cuz then he said dead serious-- "that''s what you''re doing right? Threading?"
LOL--i think he means blogging--poor anti computer man--he invented his own little term--probably based on me saying things like "PS started a new thread on___" hehe he''s so cute
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas, so cute your DH is supportive of your PS habit. My DH...not so much. He rolls his eyes when he sees me on here. I try to explain that this is my ****. I think he still thinks its silly.

Diver, don''t beat yourself up about it. Who knows what caused your m/c. I am sure your doctor felt confident telling you a few cups of coffee were safe. I don''t like coffee but I do indulge in daily chocolate (sometimes hot chocolate) and like MrsS really relied on Pepsi to settle my preggo stomach. So who knows.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Q- You may have a tiny belly at 12 weeks...but its only because your so tiny!! I took belly pics every two weeks and its CRAZY to watch the progression. I actually used a journal called the belly book and put belly pics (and other pics) in it weekly. Its so much fun to look back on!

I read the caffiene studay and there is not enough evidence that caffiene has ANYTHING to do with miscarriage completely. The statistics that they gave are quite broad being that many people have miscarriages during the 1st trimester. It was not a controlled study, meaning caffeine was the ONLY component they looked at. They didn''t look at other things that pregnant women were ingesting, their over all health or history. The reason why miscarriages happen are due to chromosome makeup....not caffiene. It''s the same as saying everything we digest causes cancer....it''s a bunch of BS that has gotten everyones panties in a bundle. I hate it when they release studies like this, it makes women who had a latte then a miscarriage blame themselves!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
That coffee study makes me mad. By next year, we will have a new study that says babies love coffee and makes them so smart and blah blah blah.

In my pregnancy, I used some common sense and moderation. Yes, I had coffee, but I cut back. Yes, I coloured my hair. I know, it is shocking, but I lived!!!! I even did a fire drill, walking down 10 floors and back up (the elevators were slow) the day before I gave birth. We are people, not incubators.

Okay, I am done ranting.

As for the eye colour thing, I heard that eyes change colour, but my little prince has stayed the same: gorgeous blue eyes with blond hair. And he is 19 months old now. I am so glad his eyes stayed the same, since I just love them so much. One of his favorites little parts of him.....
30.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
I think someone posted this before--but since PS thread is 140+ pages--i''ll re-post it below:

If you are interested in finding out what color of eyes you child will have this is scientifictly based and fun. Apparently my kids have a 100% chance of blue eyes...interesting.

Eye Color

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Radiantgirl, just wanted to chime in with another ''dont worry'' message! I too had what you''ve described in the first trimester and my friend has cramping and spotting all through her pregnancies (4 so far, all perfectly healthy happy children) It''s very frightening but also really common, as you can see here. Can you ask for an earlier scan appointment to put your mind at rest? I''m sure that you and your baby will be fine, though!

Jen

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
jas12, i''ve never done the eye thing b/f. i have brown eyes and my hubby has blue. both our girls have green/hazel, although just recently my 4 year old''s eyes are getting darker, almost turning to lt. brown like me. It says with the brown eye gene in my family that there is a 50% my kid will have brown. one more try for a true brown eyed one...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MsF, I had a "belly book" too. I love it. I took weekly pics. How funny to look back at the earlier trimesters. I thought at the time I was so big but in reality I didn''t know what big was....yet...haha!

Jas, I tried that quiz. Like MrsS our children have 50% brown, 23% blue, 27% green. Honestly I don''t care. After all your face is what makes you attractive not your eye color but it is fun to guess. My entire DH''s family has blue eyes. Mine is all mixed. My sister had green/hazel and my brother has blue. Sometimes I think I see brown specks in her eye''s already. But at almost 3 months they are still the slate blue she was born with. I am also curious to see what color her adult hair comes in. Both DH and I were blonde so that is what I am expecting.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
My news is in the last few days I have had some physical problems. Starting Saturday my lower back was in INCREDIBLE pain. I thought I might have pulled a muscle lifting the little chub, finally went to the dr yesterday. I have two herniated discs. I cant lift or bend. all somewhat essential when you have a baby. Luckily DH can help as he works from home...but I''m in a terrible state!

Tacori- yes it is funny to look back at both when i first thought i was big...and then to see how huge I got!!! I''m currently the same weight I was at 4 months...URGGGHH and with barely being able to walk excercise is out for awhile!

I also am wondering what the little man will look like. His eyes are still a bright pale blue like his daddy''s. What little hair he has is looking more brown than blonde...but still not sure. It will be so much fun to see him grow into his look. I couldn''t get the eye link to work, i will try it in explorer!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MsF, Ian''s eyes are so light I would be willing to bet they will stay blue. He looks so much like your DH. Too cute!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Litigator chick...well my son IS friggin'' brilliant and he is a coffee baby. My daughter rolled over way early (3 mos) so perhaps it WAS the coffee that gave them superpowers? LOL

Speaking of my 4 month old holy roller daughter I need help:

Should I move Delaney to her crib? (which is upstairs in her room, she sleeps in a bassinet by my bed) She''s getting to be quite the mover & groover at night & has hit the weight limit on the bassinet. Part of me wants to, but part of me doesn''t. I think she''d sleep better in her own room. Not that she sleeps bad...but....she should get used to it, and it is SO beautiful up there. The packnplay is so large, I can barely get by my side of the bed to the bathroom & sometimes I like to watch the Daily Show in bed...but I won''t turn it on if she''s alseep.

But part of me wants to be so close to her. However, we both pass out at night, so its not even like I know she''s there, and if she wakes up early, I can do like I used to with Jake & bring her to bed with me for morning snuggly time. I have an angel care monitor, so I feel good about her breathing, etc.
Argh...I am such a wuss

RadiantGirl: feeling better today?
4.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
All right, ladies. I have an announcement. Shocking as it may seem, especially to ME....I am pregnant again!!!!!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Uh yeah, TOTALLY unexpected, unplanned, one shot deal on New Year''s Eve. SHOCKING. Unbelievable. I''m still peeing on everything in sight just to be sure even though I got a beta yesterday and it was 1663! I haven''t been charting, temping, nothing. I knew my cycles though and they were regular 28 days. We dtd on cd 10. Yes, we were careless but I assumed it was safe. Guess not. Either DH has super sperm or I''m still fertile myrtle. When I was 2 days late I started to worry and took a test. Positive within SECONDS. DH is thrilled. I''ve been running the gamut of emotions but after sitting on this for about 5 days now, I''m ready to enjoy it and accept the fact that I am in for a world of hurt with 2 children 17 months apart! We wanted to wait until Lily was around 1 before trying again but I guess you can''t always plan these things. Yes, that''s why I asked the question in the other thread about age differences!! I was just feeling it out to see what other people have experienced. When it comes down to it, it is a total blessing. I am 37 years old. I got pregnant without even trying and I was one of those people who could never understand "accidental" pregnancies!! But I guess after having a baby, you really do become more fertile. Anyway, I know it''s going to be hard but since we only want 2, I guess it will be good to have them close together and before I get any older. So much to digest right now but it will all work out, right? I''m not planning anything, just taking one day at a time!

Anyway, I''m less than 5 weeks pg--due date is September 27. I can''t even believe I''m talking about it this early because I''m incredibly superstitious but I guess I just need some support! And this is the BEST place to get it.
emlove.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow Curly!!!
Many congratulations!
Lily is so lucky to have a playmate so close to her age
1.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Curly, I''m totally a lurker here, but WOW! That''s some amazing news! I wish you a happy and healthy nine months, at least you know the baby will be beautiful since Lily is gorgeous!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diver, we are going to move T into her nursery in a few weeks. I *really* wanted to wait until she slept longer between feedings but....I don't know....she might never reach that goal (j/k). I have the angel care monitor too. Do you love it? I was thinking about returning it for a video one. I did read that both baby and parents sleep better apart. Can you try it out for a few nights to see? What does your DH say?

Curly, congrats!!! I know you were yearning to have another one. That is wonderful news. Are you guys going to move into a bigger place then?

ETA: I hope having a baby makes you more fertile is a myth seeing how I got preggo so quick
23.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Diver- Ian moved into his crib last week...right at 4 months. He is doing well, and seems to be sleeping longer. I''m not..but thats my back not my baby''s fault! I have been trying to put him asleep awake so he will know his crib and find comfort in his mobile. I dont have a monitor, but his room is right across from mine and I hear him at first cry!

Curly- CONGRATS! I had a dream i was preggers the other night. It felt to soon, and i would be overwhelmed...but I kind of want it to (not too much, I have an IUD!). This will be such a blessing to have two kids that can really grow up being great friends! What an exciting time in your life!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results