shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori: Hope things clear up quickly and its nothing serious! please keep us posted on the results of your doc''s visit

Tgal: U look so cute!! and a perfect bump for 29 weeks!!!!!!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori-- that sounds painful! I have had such a long BFing journey, but its so worth all the pain (emotional and physical)! So hopefully there will be a quick fix or maybe it will be gone tomorrow. Do you have a good la leche league group around?

TGAL- You look awesome!! I think I am about your size and I''m almost 4 months postpartum (not a pretty sight in kickboxing tonite...)

I will definitely try to go natural next time as well. And UCLA will have the new hospital by then. You can never guarantee what will happen, as you only have so much control in labor, but it definitely was one of the most empowering experiences of my life (not that it wouldnt have been with drugs) but i was so amazed with my body!

ELLA- yes we should definitely set up a date for them, in say 20 years
2.gif
Have you made it to babies r us? i really hope they have another stroller that will work for you. so frustrating when people say what you want to hear just to sell something, even if they know nothing about it... urgghh!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tgal...you look so darling...thanks for sharing the pic with us...29 weeks...are you going every two weeks yet?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
msb & MsF, I am going to the doctor today at 11. The white bump is still there
14.gif
. MsF besides using the shield I was actually having an easy time (finally!) Oh well.

TGal, you are super cute lady!!! So small. You look great liar!
2.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
TGal, you are TINY!!!!!!! You look so awesome for 29 weeks. Don't be surprised if you start to get huge right towards the end--that's what happens to us little girls!

Tacori, I hope everything is ok. Let us know what the doctor says.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck today Tacori! hopefully it''s a clogged duct or something like that which i think are easy to get rid of (?). funny that Yessa got mad at having to wait for a bottle -- babies are bossy little things, aren''t they? Funny, considering they can''t even talk yet!
2.gif

TGal, you look fab!! I can''t believe you''re 29 weeks along already -- holy crap, that flew by! You''re all fit from your pilates and rollerblading that whatever weight you do put on (which isn''t a lot so far!) will come right off after, I''m sure. And don''t worry about the wrinkles. Pregnant women are allowed all sorts of liberties -- a perk of being pregnant for sure!

I so wish I had managed to work out while I was pregnant, but with hubby''s back problems and us moving and everything, there really just wasn''t time. And then when we were finally settled, I was too big/uncomfy to work out. Oh well. Even if I had worked out 20 hours a day, it still wouldn''t negate the "twin skin" that is now my belly. SO GROSS. It''s so discouraging knowing that the only thing that will ever make my body look good again is plastic surgery. Seriously. I mean, yes, I can work out my ab muslces and lose the "mummy tummy" but the skin will always look like that.
39.gif
I was in tears yesterday thinking that I really am going to have to ditch the Paiges and buy some Mom Jeans!! Not exactly the sexy look I was hoping for (sigh).

Anyhow, as for birth announcements, TGal, seeing how creative you are with Photoshop and your animation program, I''m sure you could come up with some pretty hilarious e-annoucement ...
28.gif
To be honest, I''m only doing the birth announcements because I want to have them as a keepsake. Everyone knows the twins were born and I really only plan on sending them out to close friends and family anyway, so really it''s kind of a waste of time and money but ... well I just wanted to have them!

I remember seeing Dwell when I was researching bedding, but I don''t really remember much about it specifically. I do remember thinking though that some of the materials used on baby bedding is so silly and impractical -- suede?! And some of it is So expensive, it''s just ridiculous! We got ours at PB Kids but that''s only b/c we had gift certificates there. Otherwise I think we''d have gotten ours from Target too.

We decided to keep the Snap and Go (everyone I know swears by them!) and return the SafeSeats, and thankfully we were on day 88 of the 90-day return policy and we had the receipt, so they took them back and we got the SnugRides -- yeah! Unfortunately, it''s raining out today though so we don''t get to try it out. I''m counting down the days until I can take the babies out to a mall, just so I can go for a long walk!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ok..real quick....

Hi!!

Ella: I am going to answer your ?? re: my mom. I''m always holding D while surfing & can''t type with one hand, so I need to do it during the kids naptimes today...it''s interesting...(that''s yer teaser to keep you checking back...tee hee....) The twins are GORGEOUS. I saw their pics and did an audible "awwwwwwwwww". So beautiful.

Tacori: Don''t diss your travel system just yet. I can only tell you ONE thing. Umbrella strollers SUCK for babies. They are fine for toddlers. Here''s why I loved my stroller that came with my travel system once Jake was out of the basket car seat thingie (and I agree, the snap n go''s rock for when they are in the infant seat).

1) big storage basket. Shopping is a breeze. If you put bags on your umbrella stroller it will fall over backwards.

2) someplace to put your diaper bag. See #1 for what happens.

3) Full recline. Babies sleep a lot & umbrellas don''t recline very much. Can I tell you how many times our stroller doubled as a "crib" when out & about & also visiting people? We could just lay him down flat, buckle him in & he''d snooze all the livelong day. Can''t do that with an umbrella stroller.

4) Cup holders for my ever present coffee, tea, and waters. I got a cupholder attachment for my umbrella, but it sucks & always breaks off or spills.

I have a top of the line MacLaren umbrella stroller I got before we went to Mexico when Jake was 20 months old. I loved it because it folds up small for the plane, cabs, etc...but if I''m not on a quick trip or traveling, I always opted for my travel system stroller instead.

Cons of my BOB: Now that I have the BOB double, I have a list of con''s for you Ella:

1) Wide. I can''t maneuver in tightly packed store. Yes, it fits through standard doorways just fine, but small boutiques are impossible.

2) heavy & bulky to fold & put in car. But I have weight to lose and muscle to build, so I consider it an exercise.

3) basket is hard to get into.

Well I guess that''s it!! LOL.

Pros:

1)Damn thing steers with ONE freakin'' finger. Truly a well made machine.

2) Comfy ride for kids. They love it.

3) Serious sunshade. Never seen one like it on a jog stroller. I ADORE it! The thing that turned me off about the phil & teds (which part of me wished I''d gotten some days, but either stroller rocks) is that the back baby has no shade. I spend a lot of time outdoors during the summer with the kids in the stroller, so that was important to me.

Speaking of BOB...I need to go for a walk...the rain stopped!!

BBL with pics!

Tgal...you are too cute!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m back ladies...clogged milk duct. He said just nurse as usual and it should go away in a few days. Best case senerio! No antibotics! Yeah! It is painful though.

Ella, Tessa is very bossy! She squeals when she doesn''t get her way. I can''t wait to hear what you think of your double snap ''n go!

Diver, have you gotten your boppy replacement yet? Good thing I bought another cover. I am glad to hear I''ll have use for the full size later in her life.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Tacori for the best case scenario! Wahoo!!!

Thanks ladies for the kind words. Honest though, I am not a little thing. I''m pretty solid, actually! I used to be a lot smaller, but after my wedding, I gained 10 pounds (oh domestic life!). Still, I feel healthy and strong, and I guess that is what counts. Front view photos actually are more telling than the side profile though, I must say...
1.gif

MrsS, I have a doc appointment today, so I guess I''ll find out if it''s every two weeks from here on out. I would think they would wait until Feb though?

curlygirl, trust me, I know I am going to get HUGE. I saw pics of my mom. I''m a goner! 11 more weeks to go and I know it''s alll weight gain from here on out!

Ella, I know...time is flying by. I remember when you made your preggo announcement, and now here you are - a mom of two. I''m a bit freaked as I have nothing done yet for the baby, but I''ll get cracking...soon...
41.gif

And don''t worry about the mom jeans...not gonna happen. I know plenty of moms who had all kids of weirdo skin there that did make it back to their hip jeans! I have to admit with shame though, that I actually like my maternity means (they are no panel, regular closure jeans) and probably will wear them after I give birth. Hee.

I can understand wanting keepsakes too...I am collecting all kinds of things already. TGuy''s 6 year old niece drew a pic of me and TGuy on a napkin, and wrote on the inside "Aunty (TGal) is having a baby. It will wake you up at night." Totally made me laugh.

Oh, and hooray on them taking back the seats!!

Diver, thanks for the review on the Bob. I am excited to use mine! Since it''s a single, it should be a bit lighter and easier through narrow aisles, so ultimately it looks like a winner!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Tgal--I don''t know what you are going on about girl-you look great!! Once again, I repeat, we''re our own worst critics!
Isn''t it great to almost reach the 30 week mark--I love being able to say 10 weeks to go!! (...sounds so much better than 2 months and 2 weeks for some reason?)

Ella,--I am sure I will be in tears a few times post-partum due to body image stuff (and believe me, exercising thru the pregnancy hasn''t helped me in that area too much so don''t feel guilty about that)--Having twins takes a huge toll on one''s body so keep being nice to yourself--you have a lot of bodily adjustment to go thru in the next few months--hold off on those mommy jeans!
I hate that we constantly see celeb moms in the news now with headline crap like " made a runway debut 6 weeks post-partum" etc. etc. it fuels so much anxiety for us regular folk who don''t get a c-section/tummy tuck combo, personal trainers, nannies, chefs and assistants...

Tacori--so good that you can still nurse--that must be a relief. Hope you feel better real soon

Diver--thanks for that stroller info--I am going with a travel system for sure (for some of the reasons you mentioned)--but will probably get a snap and go and an umbrella as well (since they are pretty affordable). Researching the brands makes my head spin--so far I am leaning toward the brand-spankin new Peg Perego Skate--it is expensive & heavy but is said to be an improvement on the bugaboo and has a lot of nice features....

I registered for my birth today
36.gif
--had a 45 min consultation with the maternity nurse at my hospital...it was strange to think that in 10 wks I will be walking (or driving!) literally across the street to my delivery room--gotta love small cities--i couldn''t get much closer so I hope that I can labor for a while at home, knowing help is close at hand.
I was told that epidurals (the spinal kind) are not routinely offered in our province (only used in special circumstances) another type of mild pain relief is offered (by mouth or IV i think?) but i forget the name already. The nurse told me breathing and water therapy are the encouraged methods of pain management--this was news to me--but welcomed news nonetheless.
I go for prenatal classes next week and meet my OB for the first time at the end of the month...things are rolling along....I am getting so excited!

Question--who brought music along with them for their labor? The nurse said I should bring along a big selection. She said it''s good to drown out other women (ha) and for relaxation. I am not a big music listener in my down time, but wondered what others used/didn''t use or liked/disliked?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas, drown out other women?!?
23.gif
Things must be different here. I had a huge private birthing suite all to myself. I could not hear anyone else. I did not listen to any music. We brought movies but I slept basically the whole time.
20.gif
I barely even talked to anyone.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Tacori--well, I asked about ''why'' I would be hearing other women and the nurse told me that b/c the hospital is something like 100 years old (thin walls), there is a baby boom going on in this city (most likely other deliveries) and it''s a small ward (just one tiny wing of the hospital)--I will hear/see other moms in all their laboring glory! All women get a private suite, but they are all in the same hall so I guess it is common to hear others.
One of the downfalls of being in a small community with old facilities I guess.
15.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tacori, i'm glad you're ok and hope you get relief soon...

jas12, i took movies along but no music. I did watch tv and a couple of movies but also had an epidural so it was just a waiting game until i was 10cm dialated. when it came time to push, music or anything was the last thing on my mind. I do think if you're going natural you might find some music you find relaxing to put on b/c you might appreciate having it and finding it soothing while you are laboring...

tgal, i haven't been on babycenter in a while but i think you go every 2 weeks starting at 30 weeks and then go weekly starting at 36 weeks until you deliver...let us know how it goes today. did you do your GD test yet?

lili

Ideal_Rock
Tacori--
Glad to hear that it's nothing major.
Hope you get some relief soon.

TGal--
Thanks for sharing the pix.
You look fantastic!!

MrsS, Jas12, TGal--
Did you all get your GD test yet?
I just went in for my 27 wk checkup and my doctor already ordered a GD test for me.
I can go in anytime in the next couple of weeks for the test.

Questions to all ladies--
Did anyone sign up for the lamaze (sp?) classes?
Are they worth it?
Can't believe that I'm that close already.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Ella--
Your twins are just the cutest things.
Love your announcement. It looked every professionally done!
Are those 1-day old pictures?

Curly--
Love the twinkles in your Lily''s eyes.
She is just the happiest baby.
Love her shoes too :)

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Jas, apart from the sound issues, that sounds fantastic! I like the idea of water therapy and I''m going to look into that too.
The non epidural pain relief available here is diamorphine and pethidine, which I think are both mostly injected. (I can cope with that - injection much less awful for me than needle that stays in situ!).

Tacori, sorry to hear about your lump! Sounds painful and I hope it''s starting to ease a little.
TGal, you look great! I have to be bigger than that and I''m only at week 22!
8.gif

Jen

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
ella, do NOT beat yourself up about the belly! Girl, you had TWO babies in there and it took 8 months for your stomach to stretch that much. Your babies are what, a month old??? Give yourself a break and don''t think about your appearance for a while. Seriously. Once I resigned myself to the fact that I was going to have a saggy belly, I was ok with it--I wore my battle scars with pride! Now that my kid is 8 months old, I''m finally a little frustrated because I''ve lost the weight but still don''t have my tight stomach back! BUT I DO NOT WEAR MOM JEANS!!!!!!!! I can still fit into all my low rise pre-preg jeans, I just wear my tops a little looser to hide that excess muffin top! So do not fret, my friend. You will wear your cute Paiges again and you will look adorable pushing your double stroller!

Tacori, I''m glad you are ok. I hope the pain passes quickly.

TGal, LOVE the note from TGuy''s niece. Kids really do say the darnedest things!! Precious!

Jas12, we were told we could bring music but I honestly don''t think I would have even heard it! Like Tacori, I was in a big private birthing suite that was even nicer than my apartment and it had a flat panel tv on the wall that was on while I was pushing but for the life of me, I have no idea what was on the screen!! I just know that I used it as my focus point but couldn''t tell you what I was looking at! But since you plan on going drug free, it may be soothing to you to have calm or favorite songs playing in the background while you''re in labor.

Diver, we need a Delaney photo update...

lili, thanks for the comments about my Lily! She''s a real doll!!! I actually did take Lamaze classes and found them to be completely useless for me but I would feel bad telling someone to NOT take them because it''s all part of the experience of being a first timer. We met lots of nice couples in the class and that made it fun for us. It also really puts things in perspective when you are with 12 other couples who are in the same boat as you--you realize that you''re not that special and people get pregnant and give birth ALL THE TIME!!!! I do recommend taking an infant care class and infant CPR.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Delaney at xmas dinner w/ my dear friend M.

P1030078.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
me & D @ xmas eve dinner

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
xmas eve

P1030039ab.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
i see brown specks in her eyes too.......dh sez blue....

P1030058.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
my kids are COOL!

P1030065.JPG

lili

Ideal_Rock
Diver--
D has the rosiest cheeks!
Just make me want to pinch them.
I love love the last pix of the brother and sister lounging around on the floor with their cool shades!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Diver- D is just adorable, those perfect little lips. And where did you get those tiny little sunglasses? I think I need a pair?

Jas- I had music prepared for my birth. I was totally prepared. However, I wanted to stay at home as long as possible to labor. When I got to the hospital, they checked my in triage and I was 8cm---and ALL the nice swank birthing rooms are full (they say that never happens). I stayed on my side in triage till I was 10cm (they offered me to walk but i just wanted to lay there with DH putting counter pressure on my hip. At 10 cm they moved me into a makeshift delivery/operating room broke my water and I had my baby an hour later. No drugs, No music, no lovely birthing room. SO I say be prepared for the best and worse!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies. It is already feeling better. It seems like BFing would be the easiest most natural thing in the world....
20.gif
38.gif
men have no idea! If it was there wouldn''t be a 24 hour lactation help line! But it is worth it for me.

D, where did you get D''s sunglasses! So cute! I want a pair for Tessa!!!

Jas, I brought so much to the hospital that I did not use (my own pjs...yeah right!, movies, laptop, a book, extra clothes for Tessa....) even in my extended stay all I needed was basic stuff (shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush...) and my mom got me a trash mag. That was fun. Oh and a mini fan with a water sprayer (I have it for poolside from Target) was really nice when I was having a fever. I used the spray bottle part for my nipple shield (you need to wet it before each use).

lili

Ideal_Rock
Thanks curly,
That''s what I was thinking about the lamaaze class too.
I guess it doesn''t hurt for me to know, so I''ll just sign up.
It''s just 6 classes long though
14.gif

I''ll definitely sign up for the infant CPR though.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Oops....duplicate post

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I dont know much about lamaze, I took Bradley classes and they lasted 8 weeks. I can say I learned so much in those classes and I think it was really important for DH and I to take them. Especially if your considering going natural.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2008 3:04:28 PM
Author: lili

MrsS, Jas12, TGal--

Did you all get your GD test yet?

I just went in for my 27 wk checkup and my doctor already ordered a GD test for me.

I can go in anytime in the next couple of weeks for the test.

Lili, I will do the GD test at my next visit which is next week at 28weeks..I didn't do lamaze classes. I did take a birthing class and breastfeeding class that they offer at my hospital which I highly recommend for first time mom's to be.

mrsM..the needle doesn't stay in. it is replaced by a small catheter where the drugs can be given. You won't even feel that at all. seriously, the needle going in is not really painful at all.

diver...the pics of Delaney and Jake are sooooo darn cute. your kids are just the cutest things ever!!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Natural Childbirth & Epidurals...I think the thing to remember is that if you go natural, you want to focus on reframing your attitude about childbirth. Heck you might want to do that anyway. We have this fear/pain cycle associatd with birth and we assume that childbirth pain is BAD pain (like a broken leg or chopped off arm) but really, its productive pain. Now whether or not you can or want to experience it is a personal choice. Women have been birthin'' babies since the beginning of time, so natural childbirth is nothing new. So many women are so empowered by it. Just make sure you take some classes and prepare your mind and body, since it will help you break the fear/pain cycle.

Epidurals....truly, that needle does not hurt AT ALL. And I''m a big fat weenie when it comes to needles. Also its a teeeeeeeeeeeny tiny thin super soft, flexible, can''t feel it, plastic catheter that''s left in place...NOT A NEEDLE. I have to say, I''ve had 2 epidurals and 2 spinals and they DID NOT HURT. There was a nanosecond where I felt a slight pinch when they did the local numbing thing before the epidural...but getting blood drawn hurts more IMO. Spinal was even faster/easier than the epidural & I wasn''t even in labor with either of those.

I had my 1st epidural with Jake....my 2nd with Delaney, my 1st spinal the day after Delaney was born when I got my tubes tied, but he got it in the wrong spot, so the guy did it a second time (he felt awful...but truly, no pain--both took a total of 2 minutes, I was not inconvenienced in the least). I never got headaches afterward & I progressed from 2cm to 10cm in less than 2 hours after my epi''s and pushed with them on full blast (got to feel the babies be born, but never any pain) so for me, the epidural was this blissful, serene, pain-free experience.

With my epi''s...the anesthesiologist prepped the site (bringing in tray, putting on the sheet thingie, wiping my back) then she numbed the site with a local, then, I had a contraction, so she waited till it passed & then it took her no time at all....less than a minute...to guide the needle in and insert the catheter in the right spot. I was done before the next contrax hit. Quickndirty.

Tacori: Ugh clogged milk duct...so sorry. Did your doc talk about massinging it in a hot shower to help release it? You don''t want it to stay clogged...that''s how I got mastitis. use lots of moist warm compresses & try to suck it out with the pump. Here is a link to babycenter that has some advice on handling it and warns about the mastitis.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_clogged-milk-ducts_8494.bc

My SIL got Jake those sunglasses from The Children''s Place. He has a small head, so they fit both of them. Riot.

Ellaila: Ok, mom saga for ya. I opened all the presents around Thanksgiving. It was a carseat for Delaney I had registered for, a nojo head support, a bunting...a pair of earrings for my bday, and a clickstart computer for Jake. I had no idea what to do with it all, but I don''t want to be that mom who doesn''t let her kids have gifts for them, so I gave them to them. I put the earrings in a drawer (just some cute silver things...like a pair she bought me when I was 13).

Then for Jake''s bday she sent another Clickstart game, and both of them matching xmas Jammies.

Then for Xmas she brought 2 huge bags of presents and dropped them at a neighbors house.
20.gif
She really went nuts on the kids gifts, and I assume she''s pissed at dh & I, cuz there was nothing for us (not that I wanted/expected anything--but I did get a chuckle out of that) and she didn''t write anything. So I let Jake open his gifts from her & I sent her a nice thank you note for the gifts.

What the hell else am I supposed to do? She hasn''t called & asked to see them yet, and I don''t really appreciate her passive/aggressive "well I bought you guys gifts so that makes me a good person" approach to things. Its an oldie but goodie of hers. She''s the one that deserted us last march, she''s the one who can''t accept the fact that my dad & stepmom are part of my blended family. I come from a broken home, so now I have some new branches fused on my family tree....it happens. My stepmom came 13 years after the divorce, so she wasn''t the "other woman" and she''s nice. It''s really NOT my problem & I refuse to let her muck with my head or my kid''s over it. She can''t throw tantrums, disappear for 6 mos and then expect us to be all lovey dovey. She can see my kids if she wants, but she has to call & ask.

She''s used me as a whipping post for her displace anger for my dad for too long, now she''s using my kids ("that woman can''t be called gramma, that woman has no decency showing her face at the hospital when the baby is born, that woman can''t sit in the family pew at the wedding/baptismal/whatever".)

Sorry...she gets my goat...always has. It''s hard having an emotionally unstable & toxic mom.

Aren''tcha glad ya asked?????
9.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results