shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Missy, just wanted to pop in to say how sweet your Blake wall is. I'm still so sad for you about his loss, but I'm so happy for you that you will be able to hold his little sister in your arms very soon.

Thinking of NEL and Bella too as you get closer and closer to meeting your little ones! All my best for safe deliveries and healthy babies for all of you!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
I'm going to apologize ahead of time for my very me-centric post. I don't know if I should start a thread for this, but probably not.

I went to my first child birthing class last night with DH. During the class I started to feel nauseous and dizzy. I mistakenly had DH try to walk with me out of the room and on the way out I fainted. DH did what he could to save me from falling over completely, but on the way down I hit my head on the floor. There was no damage to my belly or baby. I'm guessing the class material was just too much for me to handle. The instructor of the class was a nurse and she took care of me and got me back up and we stayed for the rest of the class. After class we called my doctor who was actually in the building. My doctor said if I felt like I hit my belly that I should go get an exam, but DH assured me that I only hit my head, so we did not feel the need for an extra exam. Since the fall my baby has been just as active as before. I am not so worried about him. I did have an elevated heart rate and breathing heavily the rest of the evening after the fall. I'm feeling better today although still kind of shaken up and worried.

What I am worried about is how I am going to make it through not just three more of these classes, but also actual real life labor and delivery. I knew I was a little squeamish as I have been slightly grossed out around needles and blood draws etc. I did almost faint one other time watching a medical procedure being done on TV. I have watched live births on TV and movies before with no issues. Anyway...has anyone else had something similar happen? I am hoping this is a one time thing, but I have no idea what to expect or how to manage this. I am kind of afraid to go to the next class. I also embarrassed myself in front of 4 other pregnant couples and I don't like that I scared them. :(

I'm not sure if I'm here asking advice or just sharing/venting. It was really scary! :(

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oh gem, I'm so sorry that happened to you! That must have been so scary!

First, I'm so glad it sounds like the baby is fine. And that your husband was there to at least catch you as much as he could. And that the instructor was a nurse, so you had somebody with medical training close by.

Second, don't beat yourself up about being nervous or scaring the other parents in class. All of that L&D material is a lot to take in. And think of all of the physical changes happening in your body right now: your blood volume has doubled, your heart is working harder, your blood pressure is lower...it's very easy to become nauseous and light-headed while pregnant even when relaxing. Granted, you fainted and I wouldn't want to take that lightly, but your body is also under a lot of physical strain.

Third, when is your next dr.'s appt.? I know you already talked with him/her after you fainted last night, but I'd still want to talk with your doc about it. I'm sure he/she has some good advice about what to do if you start feeling faint again. Plus, I'm still a little concerned about you hitting your head. How are you feeling today? I would just want to make sure you didn't suffer a concussion.

Again, I'm so sorry this happened and now you're nervous about future classes + actual labor and delivery. I think it's very common to be afraid of the L&D process since it's unfamiliar and so many women have varying opinions on how great or awful it is. Your hospital staff will do everything in their power to keep you comfortable and hopefully going to these classes will make you feel like you're doing everything in your control to keep yourself comfortable and prepared. And guess what? Once you go through it, the prize is a super awesome baby that makes you love so deeply that you lose all sense of reality and just smelling his head or listening to his little newborn noises will make you cry in gratitude.

I definitely think you should keep attending the classes--not sure if you can have snacks in class, but definitely bring some. And water. And ask your doc for other tips to help you through class. And if you're feeling light-headed again, you can leave (just don't get up too quickly!). But obviously do what is most comfortable for you and if that means the classes are too much, that's okay, too!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
MP - Thank you! We're doing everything we can to still remember him during these last few weeks. It's hard balancing all of the emotions, for sure.

NEL - Yeah, it's not all the time though, so she must be lying different at times to give me that feeling. I'm sorry you still feel bad! I hope the medicine has started working by now.

Gem - My OB has told me to go to L&D to get checked out if I fall at this point, even if it's not my on my belly because falling can cause placental abruption. I'm not sure how hard you hit, but either way I'd still go get looked at since you hit your head.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
NEL - Unfortunately I went to the doctor earlier in the day when I fell, so I don't have another appointment for about a week and a half. I went to work yesterday and pretty much felt nauseous all day, so that also made me concerned that I may have a mild concussion. I got my work done early and went home early though. I slept for a couple of hours in the afternoon and slept OK last night and I'm feeling much better today. I've even had a better time eating so far today than I did all day yesterday. We are allowed to have snacks in the classes, in fact snacks are encouraged, so I am going to just make sure to eat a good meal beforehand and also have snacks ready. I am planning to attend the rest of the classes. Someone I know has issues with fainting and she gave me some good advice as to how she deals with it. I am also planning to mention this to the midwife at my next appointment. Thank you for all your advice. I hope you are feeling better SOON!

Missy - OMG I had not known about placental abruption until you mentioned it to me. I did a little reading on it and the symptoms and I am sure I don't have it. I feel like since I did not fall hard on my body (just my head) and because my doctor did not insist on me being seen that it's highly unlikely that I suffered an abruption. Thank you for educating me on that though. If I take a fall again (hopefully not!) I will be more conscientious of that happening when deciding to go in for a checkup.

I also wanted to say that your wall for Blake is a really nice way to pass on memories of him to your daughter! He will always be remembered and loved.

Bella - I was also referred to care.com to find a caretaker, however I have not jumped the gun yet on using it. If I do soon I will let you know!

Hang in there everyone, you are just weeks away from meeting your little ones!!! :love: :love:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Just back from the Dr...my due date is still 2/12 but I am measuring 35 weeks 5 days and baby weighs 6 lbs 1 oz :-o Allegedly I am on track for a 9-10 lb baby :-o :-o :-o

Not much else to report. Still not sure where/who will be delivering my baby. I hate insurance!

I am interviewing my top 3 candidates from care.com this weekend (gem, I'll let you know how it goes).

I have a doula lined up now though which is great. I have my first prenatal doula visit tomorrow night.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Bella, Blake always measured bigger towards the end. I still remember at 32 weeks they said he was 5lbs 8oz and his head was measuring at 37 weeks :o The tech said "I wouldn't be surprised if you go early, or just have a big baby" He was born at 39 weeks, 3 days at 7lbs 9oz and 21 inches long...so maybe a little long, but weight wise he wasn't big! This LO was measuring 4lb 10oz at 33 weeks.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
I started getting a little worried after my last post and made an appointment with my doctor. I got in today, she took some more information from me, felt my belly, and listened to his heartbeat. She said everything should be good. Better safe than sorry. :lol:

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Gem, glad you were able to get in and everything sounds good! How is your noggin' today?

Bella, not to jinx anything, but I really get the feeling you're going to go a little early. You've been measuring ahead your entire pregnancy and it just seems unlikely to me that you'll make it to 40 weeks. Not that my hypothesis is based on anything scientific whatsoever.

Slight update: I finalized my maternity leave schedule today. Plan is to work from home starting the week of 2/3. My last day of actual work will be 2/10 (unless I'm feeling awful and want to take that whole week off). Then I'll have 100% paid leave through 5/19 (about 14 weeks). We have a great maternity leave policy (for the U.S.), but we can't carry vacation over from the previous year. So I'll basically be using all of my vacation in order to make it to the 19th. I may take a couple more weeks and come back in early June, but that time would be unpaid. My boss and HR are both fine with me taking some unpaid leave and being out until June, so I'm going to play that by ear.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
NEL - wow you're lucky! I don't get any paid leave except my own vacation and sick days, only 3 weeks. Anything else is unpaid, but since I knew that this time I've been saving. I'm planning on taking 12 weeks off and going back most likely on 5/5. I'm working up until my c-section on 2/5, at least that's the plan!

Gem - I'm glad you went to get checked and everything is fine! I didn't mean to worry you :oops: just wanted you and baby to be safe!

FPS has been quiet, I wonder if she's had her baby???

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Bella, Fisher wanted me to tell you she's thinking about you. She doesn't follow on PS too much but I gave her a quick update on how far along you are. "Hooray for almost full term"

NEL, I'm still in awe of how wonderful your company is with maternity leave etc. I love that you have the flexibility to stay till June if you really like. Would you be keeping K in daycare, maybe part time while you're home on maternity leave?

Missy, Wow, I can't believe how close you're getting :) And your Blake wall is so beautiful. Your sweet angel will be looking out for his baby sister for sure :)

Gem, glad you're OK after the fall and that your doc gave you a quick check up. Hoping you can make it for your other L&D classes. But TBH, if you don't it's not the end of the world.

Can't wait to meet your little ones, ladies :)

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Just a lurker but wanted to say to gem-anemone I had a bunch of near-faints when I was pregnant and my doctor assured me it can be normal during pregnancy and shared with me that she fainted a few times during hers and even hit her head once too. As NEL said it has to do with the blood volume and your body working overtime to get all that blood pumping to you and the baby. I'm sure feeling squeamish in class doesn't help either. I noticed you mentioned trying to eat better before class and I wanted to share that that made it worse for me. I was convinced that I was feeling dizzy from low blood sugar but the more I ate, the worse it got. The doctor said it was because your digestive system pulls blood away from your brain. Light snacks and small meals really helped me. I avoided really hot showers and got up slowly when getting out of bed or standing up from sitting. If you feel dizzy, sit down right away to avoid risking the fall. I had to sit on the floor in the middle of Target once. If sitting doesn't help, try and put your head in between your legs (yeah impossible with a belly) or lay on your left side. Anyway it sounds like you have this all covered from talking with your doc and I'm glad everything seems to be okay, but just wanted to let you know it's probably something completely normal.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Gem-I am a fainter too IRL (when I'm not pregnant :lol: )!

I haven't fainted during pregnancy, but I have pretty severe dizzy spells. My Dr thinks it is from dehydration from the vomiting, but...I've had this for years. Basically I have "syncope" episodes where my blood pressure doesn't regulate well, so if I fall down and get up too fast I faint. Also, if they take a lot of blood, and one time I fainted while on the toilet (no more details needed, but we were all scarred from that episode!)...

Since DH is an EMT, he takes my blood pressure all the time and it gets really low usually right before I faint.

Small meals/snacks, taking deep breaths in through your nose to oxygenate your blood, and getting your head down below your heart (lying down is even better than sitting and lying down on left side helps the most) all help a lot.

pregnancy is weird and jacks your body up in all different ways. I am so glad that you are ok, but really, don't be embarrassed or freaked out by it.

Liang-AW-tell Fisher I said hi and we need to see more pics of her precious Callie!!!

NEL-That is AMAZING re your leave!!!! I get no paid maternity leave, so I am using 4 weeks of vacation/sick time (2 from last year that I was able to roll over and 2 from this year), taking 2 weeks unpaid, and then working from home for 6 weeks. When I come back in May, I am hoping to work from home on Wednesdays to help with breast feeding, sleep deprivation, seeing B and the baby, doing laundry, etc. My boss has been really supportive so far, so hopefully that will continue.

And I hope that you are right and I go early. I am done:) Threw up 4 times in Target this morning and now am kind of dazed at work.

FPS-Hope that your little girl has arrived :love:

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
NEL - you are right - my birthday is the 12th, S' is the 13th and DH's is the 16th! Thank you, I am 6 weeks now and pretty well aside from the usual minor complaints. My main affliction is 1st tri anxiety/psychosis :razz:

missy - I'm sure a bit of this is the early preg hormones, but I welled up looking at the Blake wall. I love the way you celebrate him and how he will have such a positive presence in his little sister's life. Thinking of you guys, it must have been a very tough time lately.

bella - sounds like that baby needs to come OUT!

All the other ladies - keep baking safely!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, ladies! No baby yet, however I'm pretty sure I'm in the first stages of labor as I'm typing this! So here is my update of the last week:

Last week on the 6th was my due date. I had an appointment scheduled with my midwife on the 9th and went in for my usual checkup with her. While there, she brought up the gestational diabetes and how she thinks we should induce next week (around the 15th) to which I immediately declined. I am NOT interested in being induced, lady! So during the appointment, we found that I was 80% effaced and only 1cm dilated, but baby is still really low. So we had her do a 'scrape and stretch' (which felt just as awesome as it sounded) to see if maybe that would help kick me into labor. Later that night, she called me (twice!) and said that she consulted with the dr and they actually want me to be induced BEFORE the 15th. I told her that was not going to happen, so NO! We set up another appointment for the the next day (yesterday) to do yet another 'scrape and stretch' and in the meantime, I also schedule an acupuncture appointment as well. Acupuncture went well (it was my first time) and then I went to see the midwife. When I got there, they told me that they wanted to do a 'non-stress test' on me, which consisted of me laying on my side and being hooked up to 2 belly monitors to check out baby's movement, heartbeat and positioning. While there, I actually had another midwife who came in and talked with me and I asked her if she thought I was crazy to decline the induction. She told me that my GD is being controlled really well by my diet and in her opinion, that put me at just as much risk as a 'normal' low-risk Mama, so she felt like I was actually doing the best thing for my baby by NOT being induced. I cannot even tell you how good that validation felt to hear!! Also, the test showed that baby is doing exactly what she is supposed to be doing and she felt like that info alone would help put the other midwives at ease. So we did the 'scrape and stretch' with her and she like, REALLY did it up (um, it was pretty damn horrible!), but she said that she could see that she made me bleed, so to her, I should be going into labor within the next few days. As of last night (around midnight) I started getting constant cramping, but not really on a set schedule. I had another acupuncture appointment today at 11am and have basically been cramping all day, on and off. As of right now, they're starting to get more consistent and are around 9 minutes apart (I've had to stop twice in writing this lol). If all this keeps up, I should be having a little pumpkin within the next day or two!! Send positive thoughts our way!! I'm hoping that these cramping spells are in fact contractions (I mean, how does someone who has never had a baby really know, ya know?!) and that little Miss will be here shortly!

I will say that I was surprised by the fact that my midwife was pushing induction so soon after my due date (I mean come on now, I was 3 days late, not 2 weeks), but the other midwife said she thinks it was due to push back from the drs. Thankfully, I am trusting my body on this one and really think I'm making the right decisions for both baby and myself. I'm just glad I'm not the type of girl who is afraid to say no to things that I'm not 100% comfortable with!

Hope all of you ladies are doing fabulously! I will update when I'm able ;-)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
FPS, keeping my fingers crossed for you!! So glad you stuck with your intuition--hopefully in the next several hours you'll have your baby girl in your arms!

Pancake, January is a celebratory month in your house! Lots of cake! So glad the first tri is going relatively well and can't wait to hear how the rest of the pregnancy goes.

Bella, sounds like you have a good maternity leave plan and having a supportive boss makes a huge difference.

LC, the plan is to keep K in daycare so that her routine is disrupted as little as possible. I may drop her off a little later/pick her up a little earlier, but she'll still go. Good luck to you this cycle!!

Missy, I'm definitely lucky with the maternity leave. I started interviewing at other companies before we started trying for K and I realized I should just stay put since our maternity leave policy is so good.

AFM, Katie had a stomach bug last week and I caught it over the weekend. You know what's even worse than having a stomach bug? Having a stomach bug in your third trimester when you're getting kicked in the stomach while puking.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
FPS_hoping to hear good news soon...!!!!!!!

NEL_Ugh, that sounds miserable! Hope that you are better soon.

I've pretty much given up and now spend my weekends in bed alternately reading trashy historical romance novels on my kindle and playing with B, thank goodness his current obsession is pretending he's a baby bunny and I am a mommy bunny and we live in a den (aka a house made of sheets) and I don't make him go to to the Dr to get a shot (aka I give him lots of hugs).

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
NEL, I hope you're feeling better :(. Sorry about the stomach bug. Still in TWW this cycle, so no news yet...

FPS, good luck. Hope you're holding your sweet baby now.

Bella, I'll pass it along to Fisher. :) I'm sure she's going to say we need pics of B too ;-)

~LC

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:) I'll post a pic of B tonight LC...

One of my friends just asked if she could throw me a baby shower...I have to admit I am super excited! :appl:

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
I asked DH on Friday night if he remembers how to install the car seat...he said "Yup I remember!" So I told him he should think about putting it in soon. He said "Nah, we still have plenty of time!" That night I had random contractions lol. Spaced really far apart, but they were definitely different than regular BH, I felt them in my back and a little crampy. It was weird to feel them on my own for the first time. Last time I was induced so my body didn't do anything without the help of medication. But nothing since then. 36 weeks today! Is it worth mentioning to my doctor? Ehh I guess I will, they ask me at every appointment if I've had any contractions so I think I'll let them know just in case. Next appointment is this Friday.

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies!!

While I plan to catch up with everyone soon, I wanted to quickly mention to Missy that I think Blake's wall is so amazing. I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child, but I know it's probably not something that goes away. I think it is so beautiful that your DD will have her big brother looking out for her always.

AFM - Figured it's time to jump over here to the big girl thread. I'm 18w5d today! This pregnancy is so so different than my first in that I have a lot less time to think about it with chasing around a toddler. Nothing super exciting to report. Had my last appointment at 18 weeks and everything looked fine. Getting my anatomy scan on the 31st, but wont be finding out the sex (we like the surprise).

My biggest dilemma right now is trying to figure out what my work situation will be after the baby arrives. My husband and I moved back to Texas from Seattle when I got offered an amazing job that I was really excited about. I've been in the position a little over 6 months and am not loving it like I was expecting to. My husband started his job about a month ago and it's been really difficult leaving my daughter in school for so long every day (I was home with her for 16 months, DH for 2 months after that, and then she started school day hours during the week so DH could work on his PhD). I get her up and ready for school in the mornings and then bring her home and feed her dinner and get her ready for bed almost immediately in the evenings. I feel like I don't see her at all during the week. I cannot imagine doing that with a 12 week old. As a mom I am really struggling with the idea of being away from her so much for a job that I don't love. On the flip side I know that staying home is really hard work (I used to joke that I needed to find a job to get a break). Financially we just purchased our first home so I feel like we are bleeding money at the moment, but things will settle down long before we expect this baby to arrive. Once things settle down again we can absolutely swing living on my DH's salary, we just wont have the expendable income we would have with 2 incomes. I also make hair accessories for my daughter that I sell to a local store and could turn out a little business on Etsy, and I LOVE photography and think there is some potential to make that into a little side business as well if I carve out the time to really dedicate to practice and hone my skill.

I know that was a bunch of rambling, but I also know that all moms (and moms to be) struggle some with these types of decisions. Any insight or personal experience is welcome.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Missy, good call about the car seat installation. I was planning to do the same thing this weekend. I still can't believe we're so close. And I had a similar incident with contractions about two weeks ago. I had maybe 3 or 4 painful contractions over the course of an hour or so. My doc told me that when that happens, I need to drink lots of water, sit down and get my feet up. It hasn't happened since (even when I was dehydrated with the stomach flu), but thought I'd share what my doc said!

Brown_eyes, welcome! Sounds like everything is going well for you so far! And I can definitely relate to the difficulties of being pregnant whilst chasing around a toddler. Completely different experience. I found it hardest in the first and last trimesters (no surprise).

Your reservations about working definitely resonate with me (and many other mamas, I'm sure). Not to be me-centric, but I went through something very similar, especially when we had K. I had a really, really hard time with the idea of going back to work at 14 weeks. This is what I did that helped me:

1. I went back part-time. Luckily my company was supportive of this (short-term). I worked full days on M, W and Th and stayed home on T and F, which helped me feel like I was never away from K for too many days. This really helped me ease my way back into work. I was afraid that if I went straight from maternity leave to working 5 days/week, I would hate it and quit.

2. I gave myself a 3-month trial. I really wanted to give going back to work a fair shot and thought that 3 months would be enough for me to make a decision one way or another. It was tough at first, but I got to the point where I felt like I had balance in my life and enjoyed my time at work...for the most part.

3. I never went back to 5 days. I had planned to go back to 5 days after my 3 month trial, but ultimately I realized 4 days was all I could do. So for the past 2 years, I've worked M - Th and it works well for me.

4. I leave at 5 every day. I work in an industry where people tend to work very late on a daily basis. I'm not willing to do that anymore and while it was hard at first, now I've set the precedent that I won't be around after 5 and my coworkers (and superiors) respect my schedule.

The downside for me is that I really don't have any career growth right now, but I will figure that out at some point. For now, it works for me and I'm glad to be where I am.

I also really, really trust our daycare provider. K loves the other kids and it makes me happy knowing that she's enjoying her day and interacting with other kids while I'm at work.

Every person is different and I know you will find what works for you. It's hard. And nobody has the answers, but give yourself some time and know that it will work out for the best in the end.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Just a quick post. Nothing much to add, so I'll post a bump pic.

This is 36w3d with Blake :halo: and 36w2d with our girl

photogrid_1389760065925.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Missi, I just wanted to tell that you I've looked forward to many, many new babies in this thread over the years, and I have to say that your impending baby has to be one of those I've most looked forward to.

Your grace in the face of tough times over these many months embodies why I think you're so well-suited to be a loving mom, and I think this baby is going to be so lucky to have you and your hub.

Best wishes to you in these final weeks as you wait to meet your new cherub!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
aljdewey|1389804088|3593347 said:
Missi, I just wanted to tell that you I've looked forward to many, many new babies in this thread over the years, and I have to say that your impending baby has to be one of those I've most looked forward to.

Your grace in the face of tough times over these many months embodies why I think you're so well-suited to be a loving mom, and I think this baby is going to be so lucky to have you and your hub.

Best wishes to you in these final weeks as you wait to meet your new cherub!

Thank you so much for those sweet words! ;( It's been and will continue being a hard road but we haven't given up yet. Things like this, you either make it or break it and we're trying our best to make it!

Knowing we have so many people that want to meet her IRL and "meet" her online makes it that much better!!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
NEL: I haven't been on PS in months and months but realized you were due soon so wanted to get an update and say hi! I see your post on work, yup same as me except the going back p/t bit (wish it was an option). What are your plans now #2 is almost here - did you decide on a name, I am so behind!!

Things are good with me. Work is work and even with mommy track version (I leave 430 now haha), it's not the easiest schedule. Our plan (right now...) is 1-2 more years of work and then maybe SAHM for DD1 starting first grade.

Anyway, I'll read back for more updates and congratulations to everyone, those who I know and those who I don't know yet!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for checking in, Janine!! Plan for now is to keep my current work schedule when I come back from maternity leave. Ideally I'd like to find a not-too-stressful job closer to home (in the 'burbs) when K turns 3 and starts doing more classes/activities, but that could mean giving up my 4 day/week schedule. I still contemplate being a SAHM, especially as K gets older and starts forming memories. Financial fears + balance of "adult" time keeps me working for now.

D and I still cannot decide on a name. Cora is the front-runner, but I'd say we're only 75% sure. Not sure enough to buy any "Cora" art for the nursery walls.

How are you doing?? I hope the girls are doing well! Sounds like for the most part things are the same, which is not a bad thing at all!

Missy, you are looking fabulous!! And we are all very excited to meet your little girl!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
NEL: I love your *possible* name! And I can relate on how those things keep you working, they do for me as well . I never did pursue the suburban option since so much easier to just stay put. Eventually it all becomes clear!

Things are good and you are in for a ride with 2 girls :). As a preview my DD's are extremely close, DD2 is pretty advanced since she just adores DD1 and copies all, but she also definitely can hold her own! DD1 is typical big sister, caring but also makes it clear she is the oldest one. They fight sure, but most times they are hugging, holding hands, and always giggling! They also are little instigators of each other, I guess everything seems possible when you have a partner in crime. Things are much much easier the 2nd time around, going back to work and everything. Less couple time but less time also means less time to even worry about it. DD2 is now over 2 so the baby years are going fast, so I am holding on to each moment!

Can't wait to follow the rest of your journey meanwhile, so exciting. And also the other ladies who are due in Feb :) :wavey: - I'll go back to lurking since I really shouldn't be taking up space on the preggo thread :).

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I've not posted on this thread yet, but I'm definitely past the Just Barely Pregnant stage, so I think I'll jump over here. I'll try to catch up with everyone the next post. I had my anatomy scan on Monday, and everything looked great. I'm pretty happy because I've had some worry even with good MaterniT21 results. I was measuring at 19 weeks 4 days, and according to my LMP I was 19 weeks exactly along. So it seems she's growing well, and truthfully I always thought I was a few days ahead of my EDD since I have shorter than 28 day cycles. So, even with my advanced age, it seems like this a pretty textbook pregnancy, and I hope it continues to be that way.

I have a question for everyone, did you get the flu shot? My doctor's office gets on my case at every visit because I haven't had one yet. I'm still undecided because I've only had the flu once in my life, and in general I rarely get sick. I know it's dangerous for a pregnant woman to get the flu, but I just don't know if it's necessary for me to get the flu shot.

Hope everyone's doing well, and I'll start reading through the last few pages, so I can catch up with everyone.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Coda - I got the flu shot with this pregnancy, but not with my first. I felt a little more "vulnerable" being late in my pregnancy and the flu season being in full swing right now so I got mine, along with the tdap shot last week at 35 weeks. I think it's better safe than sorry and you'll be able to pass immunity onto baby until he/she is old enough for their own vaccines.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results