shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just popping in to say congratulations, MLK! I'm sorry your pregnancy was so difficult but I'm thrilled that your little man arrived safely. Here's to many wonderful days ahead!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
MLK congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby boy! I'm so sorry it's under these conditions - I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and hoping that your bp stabilizes, and that you and he are able to spend some quality time together very, very soon!

Hi puppmom! :wavey:

DandiAndi - you are just absolutely gorgeous in all of your full term glory!! I already feel like I'm about to pop some days, so I can't imagine how it feels 10 weeks from now - whew! Hoping these last days are easy and as comfortable as possible for you! :))

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all my beautiful preggy mama's! So sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have been reading and cheering you all on though. Honestly, I just have had such an uneventful pregnancy that I really don't have much to write. That and I can't seem to find any TIME anywhere. Seriously. I feel like I used to have so much more leisure time. I can't figure out what the heck I'm doing lately that I'm so strapped for time to get anything done, let alone leisure time.

Seriously to those who have posted pics you look beautiful! :love:

Haven I'm really sorry about your back injury. HOpe you are healing up. Luckily the semester is almost over, then you are free to relax a bit!

MLK Hoping that you and your baby boy are healthy and happy. Hope you recover quickly so that you can be with him!

I'm sorry not to talk to everyone individually, but I really have been with you here all along. :))

AFM: I'm 35 weeks tomorrow! Almost full term. Almost there. 36 days til due date. I'm ready to be full term and to have our baby, but I know it still needs more time to cook, so I'm being patient. I'm definitely starting to slow down a lot. Getting more tired now. Getting out of bed at night is so painful in my hips, pelvis and feet, to the extent where I have to walk with a shuffling gait holding onto furniture. Hands are extremely swollen, thumb and middle fingers are sort of tingly from carpal tunnel. I'm SO SWOLLEN...taking on water like the Titanic! But my blood pressure is good, baby's doing great, I'm doing alright from a health wise perspective, so other than knowing first hand what it feels like to be a 90 year old with edema and arthritis, I'm doing just fab!

We had our baby shower on November 11, got EVERYTHING we could need and more so we are very lucky. My coworkers threw me a shower last week and we received more wonderful gifts. I feel very blessed. Packed our hospital bags on Sunday. Just need to install the carseat and then we are good to go!

Ive done most of our Christmas shopping online this year, and have wrapped everything as it arrives, so if the baby does come around Christmas time, we are all set in that arena. I've seriously been nesting like crazy. Thrown out so much stuff, organized things, returned things that we didn't need, nursery is all set up...It's inevitable...we are going to have a baby soon!

I hope everyone is doing really well. I'll try to pop in more often, but like I said, I can't get out of my own way these days. :))

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
MLK--CONGRATULATIONS, mama!!!! I hope you have a speedy recovery and you can be with your baby boy very, very soon.

Prana--Hey, lady! I'm sorry to hear you're so swollen. It's miserable, I can commiserate. You are so together, I'm impressed! I have a list for our hospital bag, but nothing is actually packed yet. We're celebrating chanukah with the family this Sunday and we don't even have gifts for all the kids yet. DH will have to make that happen, I think! You're getting so close!!!!

Andi--You look amazing! Seriously, woman, gorgeous!
How are you feeling?

Hey there, Luvthem! It sounds like you're doing really well, that's wonderful! How nice to have time with the family, though I agree with you about taking everyone's advice with a grain of salt. And you are definitely going to be a mama, and SOON! Ten more weeks! I'm not sure that revelation has sunk in with me yet, to be honest. :cheeky:

AFM, had my 38 week appt this afternoon. Doctor says I'm 2 cm dilated, but he wasn't certain from the pelvic exam that baby is head down, so I'm going in Thurs AM for an ultrasound. I'm upset about the prospect of baby being breech, as I really want to avoid a C-section if possible. He isn't certain baby is breech, but the possibility alone is making me worry. However, baby recently had the hiccups and I felt them very low in my pelvis. I also read that if you push on the bump above your belly button and the entire baby moves that probably means the bump is the baby's bottom and that baby is head down, and this is what happens when I push on the bump that's sticking out above my belly button, so here's hoping baby is in the correct position.

Other than that, I'm still trucking along. I'm drinking huge amounts of water at work all day to avoid swelling, and that's kept my feet from being as huge as they were last week. Still swollen, but less severe. Back is the same, but I think that's going to be the case until I'm no longer carrying all this baby!

DH and I rented some videos from the library today, one on labor and delivery, and one on baby sign language. I'll let you know how they are!

38w0d

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
mlk! Congratulations on your little boy. I am wishing you a speedy recovery and I hope he is in your arms soon. We were pregnancy twins early on so I have been thinking of you. I have pregnancy induced hypertension but it has not progressed to preeclampsia.

Wishing all the other lovely, pregnant ladies a healthy pregnancy!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I just had my bloody show. It was very stringy mucus, pink-tinged. I looked online to see if it could have been caused by the exam today, but everything I'm finding says the exam may cause blood but not stringy mucus--is this correct? Please tell me the exam caused this!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven|1354668670|3322690 said:
I think I just had my bloody show. It was very stringy mucus, pink-tinged. I looked online to see if it could have been caused by the exam today, but everything I'm finding says the exam may cause blood but not stringy mucus--is this correct? Please tell me the exam caused this!

Sounds like bloody show! Labor could be just around the corner.

I went into labor the night I had mine, but everyone is different obviously. Good luck!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
mlk - there are a few of us around here who had preemies in the 30-31 week range. Feel free to give us a shout out if you have any questions or need any support. Hugs to you and your little one!

Good luck Haven!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mlk, congrats on the birth of your little guy!! Scary about the severe pre-eclampsia. Hope you're feeling okay!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATULATIONS mlk! Oh my goodness you're a mummy!!!!!!! I'm sorry your pre-e got to that point, I'm sending tons of get-well, happy, healthy vibes your and your baby boy's way! It must be so hard not getting to see him and I bet he is SO beautiful, hang in there lady!
OOOH Haven how exciting! It does sound like bloody show! My OB said you can lose that in the weeks before labour starts, or it may start to happen withing a few days. Better rest up just in case, mamma!!! :appl:

indecisive, I do hope your BP stays put!

Hi Prana, I've been thinking about you! OMG< 35 weeks?!?! Where does the time go??? I'm sorry you're feeling so uncomfortable, the whole swelling thing really bites. But then in a month or so you'll be cuddling your precious bubba, yay yay yay!!!

strawberries, aww thanks hun! I'm really sore 'down there' today and my sciatica is giving me the pip, so hopefully that means baby is engaged or well on his/her way!

Hi bibiloves and mia, I hope you're both doing great out there!

AFM, lots of niggly aches in my pelvis and lower back today, but I'm not getting too excited as they're on and off, which is really annoying as I am now over-analyzing every tiny twinge!! ::) DH starts his daddy leave from work on Friday and isn't returning until the end of January, so he's very excited! Baby is still wriggling around like a mad thing, so not much has changed! D-Day tomorrow, eek! DH was kinda hoping that baby would hold out for now and be born next Wednesday, he thinkg 12-12-12 would be an awesome birthday. I told him that's fine, you carry it until then :bigsmile: Boys!

39 weeks 6 days

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Haven!!! Can't wait to hear something from you!! Sounds like it may have been your bloody show! (Doesn't that sound so lovely?)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prana|1354729771|3323228 said:
OMG Haven!!! Can't wait to hear something from you!! Sounds like it may have been your bloody show! (Doesn't that sound so lovely?)
I'm still pregnant!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :cheeky:

I really do think it was the bloody show, but I'm going to ask my doctor tomorrow when I go in for the ultrasound to see whether the baby is breech. I spoke with a nurse friend today and she said blood after an exam is normal, but I had stringy, bloody mucus at first, followed by three more blood-tinged mucus appearances last night. DH and I spent about an hour being totally freaked out that the baby might come sooner rather than later. (During which time we figured it was time to watch the labor & delivery DVD we rented from the library, just in case! :cheeky: )

It sounds like I could still be pregnant for a while, which I really hope ends up being the case. We are NOT READY YET! Need more time!!!!!!

I did have stronger BH contractions last night than I've had so far, and they've continued throughout the day, but they're totally erratic and not at all regular. Baby was moving a ton throughout the meeting I just sat through, too, which gives me hope that Baby plans to stay inside for a bit longer. I'll let you all know what I hear from the doc tomorrow!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
AAAAAAAAAAAH! I just went to the loo and there was a huge amount of blood-tinged mucus! Please tell me the bloody show can show up weeks before birth! Please oh please oh please oh please.

I'm going to stay at work and get all of my paperwork sorted for the end of the semester, just in case.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Haven!! Are you feeling contractions? If baby is moving and bleeding is not heavy don't freak out. Just watch. If contractions start, water breaks, or baby movement decreases , call your doc. You're going to do great!!! Good luck!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Dani!

The baby was bopping around during my meeting from 2 to 4, so I took that as a good sign that labor was not coming. :cheeky: I have been getting contractions here and there all day that I assume are BH contractions because they aren't regular. Wishful thinking, perhaps?

I'm at work frantically getting my students' grades sorted for the end of the semester just in case!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
I started getting my bloody show like 2-3 days before i went into labor Haven!! then the contractions started.. which i thought were just BH.. and then BAM full blown labor lol.. goodluck!!! Just be very cautious because my labor went from nothing to craziness and we almost might now have made it to the hospital if we stayed home another hour or so just thinking they were BH.. better to be safe and go get checked out! I hope your baby is not breech! i thought Chase was for the LONGEST time.. and i was soo wrong haha glad you are getting an ultrasound.. but im curoius why your dr waited so long to check to see if the baby was breech.. I thought most check about 32-35 weeks so you know if you need a planned csection or not. Goodluck! I cant wait to see your cute little baby.. and PS>. you look AMAZING! You have the cutest bump!! :)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Baby is breech.

We need to decide if we're going to try the manual manipulation, which comes with risks and only a 30% chance of working, or if we're just going to schedule a C-section.

BB--Thank you! Baby was head-down at 37 weeks, so for whatever reason he/she moved. My doctor won't schedule the C-section until after my due date anyway, though, so I'm not sure he would have had to check earlier.

I'm so upset. I want to experience childbirth. I don't know what to do.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Haven said:
Baby is breech.

We need to decide if we're going to try the manual manipulation, which comes with risks and only a 30% chance of working, or if we're just going to schedule a C-section.

BB--Thank you! Baby was head-down at 37 weeks, so for whatever reason he/she moved. My doctor won't schedule the C-section until after my due date anyway, though, so I'm not sure he would have had to check earlier.

Oh Haven I'm so sorry to hear this! I occasionally lurk on this thread because I love pregnancy and childbirth. I'm in Chicago too. Are you familiar with The Nest? I've had two girlfriends have success flipping babies (one a little earlier than you and one right at the due date with a huge baby) with them using acupuncture. I always thought I would try it before manual flipping since its not invasive. I also love Rita at Mother Me. She's a birth "guru" and prenatal massage therapist. She may be able to do some massage to coax the little one down.

I'm sure you have plenty of resources at your disposal but I thought I'd mention my two favorites in case it's helpful.

Good luck!! And if you end up with a c-section, that can also be a beautiful wonderful magical birth.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
announcing the birth of Elizabeth Parker on 12-04. she was 8lbs 4oz, 21 inches long (beat hat andi :cheeky: :cheeky: ). we are really so smitten already. we're getting out of the hospital today; I'll be back with my birth story soon. it was honestly the most emotionally wrecking (&physically wrecking) 2 days of my life. my nurse had 50 pages of labor notes; she said she usually has 15!

dandiandi you still hanging in there??

haven I'm so sorry to hear about baby switching to breech position. sounds like you have a few options, just have to decide what's best for you. IMO (just experiencing a very traumatic vaginal birth) I would probably opt for a csection. but that's a very biased opinion from me with no real hindsight yet. and, remember, either way baby will be here soon! you're such a smart cookie, I know you will only make the best decision for you both! good luck!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
lulu66|1354806126|3324068 said:
announcing the birth of Elizabeth Parker on 12-04. she was 8lbs 4oz, 21 inches long (beat hat andi :cheeky: :cheeky: ). we are really so smitten already. we're getting out of the hospital today; I'll be back with my birth story soon. it was honestly the most emotionally wrecking (&physically wrecking) 2 days of my life. my nurse had 50 pages of labor notes; she said she usually has 15!

dandiandi you still hanging in there??

haven I'm so sorry to hear about baby switching to breech position. sounds like you have a few options, just have to decide what's best for you. IMO (just experiencing a very traumatic vaginal birth) I would probably opt for a csection. but that's a very biased opinion from me with no real hindsight yet. and, remember, either way baby will be here soon! you're such a smart cookie, I know you will only make the best decision for you both! good luck!
LULU!!!! I was so excited to see that you posted in this thread!

Welcome to the world, Elizabeth Parker! What a beautiful name. Your news just cheered me up so much, I cannot tell you. SO happy for you. I'm so sorry to hear about the traumatic experience you had, here's hoping that amnesia people talk about kicks in soon . . .

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Haven, I am so sorry the baby turned on you last minute. I totally understand why you are upset about the idea of not going through the whole childbirth experience. I don't know anything about the procedure for turning babies, but I remember the traumatic experience Megumic had earlier this year where she ended up getting an emergency c-section. Does your doctor think it is worth a try? If it were me, I would probably opt for the scheduled c-section unless my doctor thought there was a good chance the baby would turn easily. Big hugs. Just remember that your and your baby's safety are the most important thing not the manner in which he or she is born. You re going to be a fantastic mom.

Lulu, congrats! Sorry it was traumatic for you, but glad you are both okay. See you in the other thread!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Lulu COngratulations on your beautiful baby girl! I love her name. I'm sorry you had what sounds like a traumatic birth. But she's here now! Enjoy every second of her!

Haven Just give everyone A's and call it a day! :cheeky:

I'm sorry to hear that your baby is breech. I have no advice to offer in terms of trying to turn the baby or having a c-section. In the end, the only thing that matters is a healthy and happy baby and mom. But that being said, I understand how you feel about it. I would be upset as well because I also would like to be able to experience childbirth.

I've heard that if you know for sure where the head is, you can hold a cold bag of peas/ice/carrots/whatever where the head is, and a nice, warm compress where you would like the head to be and sometimes the baby will flip as it wants its head by the warmth. I don't konw the success rate, just that some women on other boards have tried it and it has worked for them.

I can't believe how close you, dandiandi and, dare I say, I ! are getting! Holy Moly!! :shock:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1354806019|3324065 said:
Haven said:
Baby is breech.

Oh Haven I'm so sorry to hear this! I occasionally lurk on this thread because I love pregnancy and childbirth. I'm in Chicago too. Are you familiar with The Nest? I've had two girlfriends have success flipping babies (one a little earlier than you and one right at the due date with a huge baby) with them using acupuncture. I always thought I would try it before manual flipping since its not invasive. I also love Rita at Mother Me. She's a birth "guru" and prenatal massage therapist. She may be able to do some massage to coax the little one down.

I'm sure you have plenty of resources at your disposal but I thought I'd mention my two favorites in case it's helpful.

Good luck!! And if you end up with a c-section, that can also be a beautiful wonderful magical birth.
Rosebloom--I just saw your post now. Thank you so much for this information, I didn't know about either of these resources. I'm going to check out the acupuncture when I'm finished teaching this afternoon.

I came in to work all red and puffy from crying, and I thought I wouldn't be able to contain myself all day. But the awesome thing is that once I saw my students I felt a million times better. And then Lulu's awesome news came on . . . it all reminded me that there are so many good things going on. I'm still upset, but your post has me feeling very hopeful that we can do something to change this.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
monkeyprincess|1354807508|3324096 said:
Haven, I am so sorry the baby turned on you last minute. I totally understand why you are upset about the idea of not going through the whole childbirth experience. I don't know anything about the procedure for turning babies, but I remember the traumatic experience Megumic had earlier this year where she ended up getting an emergency c-section. Does your doctor think it is worth a try? If it were me, I would probably opt for the scheduled c-section unless my doctor thought there was a good chance the baby would turn easily. Big hugs. Just remember that your and your baby's safety are the most important thing not the manner in which he or she is born. You re going to be a fantastic mom.

Lulu, congrats! Sorry it was traumatic for you, but glad you are both okay. See you in the other thread!
Thank you, MP. I reread Meg's experience last night and have been thinking about it since.
I asked my doctor what he would do if I were his daughter, and he said he'd schedule the C-section. My baby is what is called Frank Breech, not sure what that is exactly, but he says this position has a lower success rate than other breech positions with the manual turning.

I'm feeling a million times better after hearing from you guys, thank you all so much. We're going to think on it all day and call my doctor tomorrow. DH wants to try the manual manipulation because he (like me) is so averse to medical intervention, but I think we need to learn a lot more about it before we decide.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prana|1354809701|3324154 said:
Lulu COngratulations on your beautiful baby girl! I love her name. I'm sorry you had what sounds like a traumatic birth. But she's here now! Enjoy every second of her!

Haven Just give everyone A's and call it a day! :cheeky:

I'm sorry to hear that your baby is breech. I have no advice to offer in terms of trying to turn the baby or having a c-section. In the end, the only thing that matters is a healthy and happy baby and mom. But that being said, I understand how you feel about it. I would be upset as well because I also would like to be able to experience childbirth.

I've heard that if you know for sure where the head is, you can hold a cold bag of peas/ice/carrots/whatever where the head is, and a nice, warm compress where you would like the head to be and sometimes the baby will flip as it wants its head by the warmth. I don't konw the success rate, just that some women on other boards have tried it and it has worked for them.

I can't believe how close you, dandiandi and, dare I say, I ! are getting! Holy Moly!! :shock:
:bigsmile: I like the way you think! I'm sure my students would agree, too. :cheeky:

I'm totally going to try the hot and cold thing later today--it can't hurt, right? Baby's head is sticking out directly above my belly button--I've been pushing on it all this week thinking it was Baby's butt! Thank you so much for your support and the awesome idea!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lulu - Congrats! I love her name! Enjoy the early days and getting to know your little girl!!

Haven - What a tough spot to be in. I am with you on the low to no interventions, in general; however, sometimes they do make sense. I would have been really upset too. In my case, I wound up being over-due, had an induction, a long labor and an epi. Let me try to reassure you -- it's almost 2 years later for me, and it is all such a distant memory. Had I had a c-section, I could not imagine I would have a care in the world about it NOW. I read on a few mom forums, and some women do have a tougher time getting over their birth experience if it did not go exactly as they had planned. Everyone is different. A LOT of women do not trust their doctors. I do. Ahh, what is my point? I think what I am trying to say is -- No need to be a super-hero. Talk to your doctor about any different methods that might work for YOUR CASE specifically. I have no idea what frank breech means either. Ask him whehter there's anything else you can try, and if so, what are the risks? If there's not, then really, there is no need to be a super-hero in this. You will experience childbirth, perhaps in a different way than you had planned. Sending you lots of good thoughts! Can't wait to hear all about your baby!!

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Haven I still lurk here and I just wanted to reach out to you! I was extremely anti intervention and very mistrustful of my hospital's care policies in general so I completely understand where you are coming from - after I got transferred out of my birth centre I *loved* I seriously needed to weep my heart out and grieve for the lost chance at the experience I had wanted. The clinic gave me an hour to do that before they sent me down to the hospital and I really needed that chance to process what had happened. After that it was on with the show as it were but don't feel like you can't be upset at the lost chance to have the birth experience you had hoped for.

Also back a few months I posted a link to spinningbabies.com and to a video of an ECV being done - check them out, it will help calm your mind. There are exercises on spinningbabies to help a breech baby turn. I've also heard doing handstands in a pool can work! Moxabustion (an acupuncturist will show you how to do it) is supposed to be very effective. And know that babies can and do turn even at 40 weeks, or during labour! My baby was OP all through my pregnancy and labour until the very last minutes and then he moved and got stuck, the little bugger ; ) So far as I know frank breech means facing sunny side up as well as upside down, and bottom first. Footling breech is feet first. With a frank baby you may be looking at back labour so get your DH clued up on acupressure points he can use to help with back pain (Google Deborah Betts, there's an amazing leaflet with loads of info - DH used the techniques on me during labour and they really helped, when I asked him afterwards where he learned them he said it was from that leaflet).

I also wanted to tell you that a section will be *fine* if it has to happen. I had an emergency section after labouring naturally to complete dilation and pushing for three hours. It was tough recovering from major surgery on top of all that but it wasn't horrific! I am told an elective section is much easier as you are not exhausted from labour when you go into the surgery. Also know that a section on your first baby does not mean game over for a vaginal delivery in the future - my OB told me the VBAC success rate is about 70% which are pretty good odds I reckon. Anyway if you have any questions about the section just shout, I am here lurking!

Everyone else I am reading and wishing you all well, you all look amazing and I am looking forward to talking to you over on the newborn thread :) :) :)

ETA: I believe your mucous plug can regenerate. Meant to post yesterday and say that but got sidetracked by the Little Man!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaahhhhh lulu, you're a mamma!!! Congratulations lady, what a big bubba girl!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Haha I don't know if I can beat that! :bigsmile: Sorry to hear it was all so wrecking for you, but I'm so rapt she's here! LOVE her name too!!

Aww Haven, sorry to hear your baby is breech, the little monkey. So often at work we get ready for scheduled caesarians only for the mum to turn up at the hospital and find her baby is cephalic! I do hope for that for you my love, but there is still time!

Prana, I know, isn't it scary but ridiculously exciting at the same time?!?! :cheeky:

AFM, I just came home from my OB appointment, no progress at all. Baby's head is still high, and I'm starting to get a bit twitchy and impatient, as silly as that sounds only being one day over. I will see my Dr next Thursday and if nothing has happened we will schedule an induction. He only offered it and said it's my decision of course, but deciding to wait it out comes with monitoring in the hospital every 2 days to make sure baby is safe. I'm pretty relaxed about most things but I think my anxiety re. waiting would get the better of me, so if I don't go into labour naturally (which I really really hope I do!!!) in the next 7 days I'll be induced Friday next week. Poor DH, I'm so irritable, he is fortunately the most patient bloke :bigsmile:

Hi to everyone else!

40 weeks 1 day.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Andi--Wow! You have a date to be induced, that's crazy! Hoping you go into labor naturally before then, of course.
I'm glad to hear that babies turn themselves in your experience, that gives me hope.

Buttons--Thank you so much for sharing your experience and those resources. I've definitely calmed down since this morning, so time to think on it has been a good thing. I really appreciate you reaching out, thank you so much.

LV--Thank you. Your perspective is really important for me to keep in mind. We're going to talk to our doctor tomorrow and ask him a bunch of questions.
(BTW--Frank breech is when the the baby's bottom is aimed at the birth canal with its legs sticking straight up in front of his or her body and the feet near the head. It looks terribly uncomfortably, and I feel kind of awful that my baby is in this position.)

I'm so sorry to monopolize this thread with my freak out, ladies. I'm still upset about the situation, but DH and I have spent a lot of time discussing our options and we feel better about the whole thing.

Now we're struggling with this: Do we try the ECV next week and potentially induce labor before the baby is ready? --or-- Do we schedule the C-section for after my due date and let the baby bake as long as he/she needs?

My biggest concern about the ECV is that it can induce labor or make an emergency C-section necessary. This whole pregnancy I've been very committed to *not* inducing labor until Baby is ready. My biggest hang-ups about scheduling a C-section for after my due date is that with the C-section I won't be involved with the birth, I won't be able to have skin-to-skin time with the baby right after the birth, and I'm just plain against having surgery if avoidable.

Basically, we have no idea what we're going to do yet. Thank you all so much for your input, ideas, and support. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I just came over for a quick read and didn't plan on posting, but couldn't NOT post after reading all of today's developments.

Haven I'm so sorry to hear what you guys are going through - just wanted to add myself here to the moral support for you. I think I have many of the same ideals as you about birth, so I cannot imagine the back and forth my husband and I would also be going through on what to do, just as you are. At least it sounds like you are maintaining as much of a positive attitude as possible, which in my opinion is always the hardest thing and at least half the battle - mental attitude can do so much. I cannot offer any helpful thoughts other than what everyone else has said - keep yours and baby's health as the highest priority, and once you make the decision, don't torment yourself with second guesses - you and your husband both sound like very smart, sound, sensible people, so trust in yourselves and your caregivers and the decisions you all make together. We'll be thinking of you and supporting you here, whatever happens!

Lulu congratulations!!! I'm sorry things sound so traumatic for you - here's hoping things are calming down and that you're able to enjoy this sweet new time with baby Elizabeth!

Hi to DandiAndi too - thinking of you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results