shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amc80: Here’s hoping your baby comes soon! I know that you’ve been measuring ahead for quite some time and I hope everything progresses smoothly for you.

Buttons: I think your close (if not at) the 33 week mark! You’re getting close too!! There are going to be a lot of babies born in the next little bit-so exciting! I’m sorry to hear that your DH is away-esp. with all the packing and moving you’ll be doing soon. I had never heard of a TENS machine-I’ll have to ask my midwife about one.

PPM: I hope that baby comes soon-I am wondering how acupuncture has gone? I have a fear of needles and I’m wanting to try it (not to induce labor-I’m not quite 30wks yet) but the whole having needles stuck all over my body isn’t appealing. I’ve considered acupressure but I’m not sure it’s covered by our insurance-where I do know the acupressure is.

I’m sure the baby is fine and you have nothing to worry about. My midwife told me that babies are usually most active in the 20 weeks since they have more room to move around but after that they get bigger and it’s a bit more difficult for them to move around since they take up all the space. I understand about wanting the baby to come though-I’ve just gotten to the phase where it’s quite uncomfortable and I know it only gets bigger and more uncomfortable and I’m not looking forward to these next couple of months :/ My mom also told me that all 4 of her kids came after their due date-oh joy!

I also asked my midwife about the 42weeks aging out of the birth center (in my case-a home birth) and she said that they never say you can’t-but just go over the risks and then I make the decision from there. She said the greatest risk is pooh in the sack and they can test it right away by seeing if the fluid is clear after the water breaks and if it is then you’re good at home if it isn’t-ya got to go to the hospital bc of risk of infection with the baby. I hope you don’t get to that point though! HUGS!

monkeyprincess: I’m SO jealous that you have most of the baby items bought. I’ve found the crib set that I’d like to have made (since it’s based in the US and I don’t want to have it shipped up here and then pay duties/etc on top of that-I’ve found someone who’s willing to make it but something about special drill bits and those cost 600-800.00 so they are seeing if they can borrow some from a friend-here’s hoping!) I’m sorry to hear about the acid reflux-I have it too and have had it for months and I avoid eating late at night if I can help it-but it’s not nearly as bad as yours is! When I read that you had to go to the bathroom it made me feel like a suck since mine is bad-but not like that. I hope it clears up for you. Like you I just had my last monthly appt-now onto every 2 weeks. That makes it so much more real that the baby will be here soon.

Haven: I was sick until well into my late 2nd tri-in fact there are still mornings when I am not feeling very well-esp after I take my prenatal in the morning. I’m still taking my anti-nausea medication (you can take one in the morning/night but I’ve only ever taken it at night) and plan on continuing it until the pills are gone. That should be fairly close to delivery but I hope you get some relief-esp since I know classes are starting up again right around the corner for you. You are also looking AMAZING.

SunnyD: I hope your test and shot went well 
Jgator: Glad to hear that you’re still doing well-the time flies after 25 weeks and I hit 30 on Sunday and I know that at 37 the baby can come anytime. I’m like 7 weeks!? WHAT!??!?! How did THAT happen!?

megumic: I like the baby names you’ve chosen-at least you have a good list. I had about 3 boys names and about 8 girls names until the top 25 list came out. It took all but one of my boys names (which won’t get used if it’s a boy since my DH wants a Jr since he’s named after his dad) and all but ONE girls name. How is it that 7/8 were on the top 25?

Missy: Your son is SOOOOO CUTE! And look at all that hair! I wasn’t nearly that full headed when I came out-I’m praying I don’t have a bald baby that looks like a bird like I did when I came out :/ How is motherhood? Are you recovering nicely?

Prana: 16 weeks! Not to much longer and you’ll be in your second tri-if you think you’ve popped now just wait. I thought I had popped until one day my DH looked at me and said WOW you look pregnant. I was like no-ya think lol.

Okay-here is my update on Winry. She is stable and off life support and no longer has assistance breathing. She is all closed up and is still waiting for a heart transplant but is going strong and her parents and sister are doing well. Thank you all for the prayers and support.

As far as I go-the honeymoon was AMAZING. I mean-AMAZING. Hiking wasn’t to hard on me but the baby seems to favor my right side and likes to be fairly low and it kills at times. There were many days in a row where I’d take a few steps and do the captain morgan pose and wedge my hand inbetween my belly and leg and try and relief some of the pressure/pain. I swear I’m the only lady who can go on a hiking trip and come home 15 days later gaining 5lbs. I ate a TON of chocolate (OMG the best chocolate in the world) and so much ice cream since it was all local ingredients and I was on my honeymoon. We spent over 100.00 on chocolates and another 100.00 on ice cream-I’m sure of it lol.

The weather was cooler (14 C or 40-50F) which was nice since I realize if we’d been at home we’d have been in the heat wave (which I still got some of before/after) and I would have died since we don’t have AC. However I had only brought 2 pairs of pants and everything else was shorts/t-shirts/etc so I really wore pretty much the same things over and over again. It warmed up when we got into the mountains towards the end of our trip. I had an excuse to buy the most amazing sweater though and I’m so glad I did since when we went up into the mountains it was quite chilly and I needed it.

4 days before we left I saw my midwife (I had missed the one prior to that due to a birth) and it’d been 8 wks since I’d seen her. She requested an US for placenta placement since I want a home birth-so I went in the day before our trip and got to see the baby. It was amazing-I’m attaching a photo-if I attached it before I apologize-pregnancy brain at it’s finest! The baby is 100% healthy and on track though-so that is great to know. I also did my glucose test and that came out fine as well-whew!

When we returned I had a week to get the house in order for family/guests to arrive for our summer BBQ wedding reception. I cleaned like a crazy person and prepped a TON of food. Thankfully my mom arrived and instead of it being stressful it was a wonderful visit with them and I got to see my baby sister (who’s 15-not a baby any longer!) and it was a blast. I woke up Sunday and stood up and about fell over. Turns out (saw the midwife on Tues) that I have varicose veins in my right leg due to all the walking/etc that I’ve been doing; so she’s prescribed me compression stockings (thigh highs) at the tune of 170.00 per pair-thankfully covered by insurance! I’ll get those on Monday.

So far to date I’ve gained 24lbs and I hope I don’t gain any more. I know that it isn’t bad and I’m not really *that* worried about it but I’d prefer it to just be baby weight and not have a ton to lose in the next year-that and I don’t want to look at my SIL wedding photos (in a couple of weeks) and think I look like a pink lace blob.

Sorry this is SO long-but I also just found out that the company my DH works for (that’s been expanding) is moving locations and the grand opening is mid-Oct AND he has to travel to Calgary for a week at the end of Oct/Nov for important training. Wonderful. He is taking 3-4 weeks off all together and then another 3-4 weeks of going in only a couple of days but that means right after the baby is born there will be 2 major things going on. I think my mom will come up and help for a few days while he’s on his trip but I’m still pretty bummed that I’ll be a new mom and recovering and my DH will be across the country.

Oh! I also finished my sleeper sack and am currently working on the matching hat. I'm pretty pleased with how it came out since it's only my 2nd knitting project :)

img_29.jpg

img_1495.jpg

p1020143__2_.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Haven, looking good! I'm happy that you got some non-sick hours in! Hopefully a new opinion will be good for you.

MP, glucose went well, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. If anyone remembers Koolaid Squeeze-Its, that's what mine tasted like. I only needed 2 of my 5 minutes to drink it down! Haha! I find out this week if it's bad news, next week if it's good news. I'm hoping to not hear from them in the next day and a half... Good luck on yours tomorrow!

Prana, we were the same way about looking at baby stuff. We just registered last week, actually. It was too overwhelming before that! We'd wander around BRU and Target for hours without really shopping for anything. Just looking. Now I think we're figuring it out. If you have friends/family who have BTDT, that's helped some!

AMC, how's it hanging?

PPM, I hope you're holding your baby!

Ughhhh today has been a rough one. Turns out I gained 7lbs last month, which was pretty surprising. Doc was surprised too, she asked me if I felt like I had gained that much! :(( My blood pressure was higher than normal, and I now have the beginnings of stretch marks under my belly button. All of this depressing info all in one day, plus the ECP that has become a daily thing = me being on the verge of tears all day. I'm ready to go home.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
monkeyprincess|1343325923|3240629 said:
Prana, baby shopping is overwhelming, which is why I largely avoided it until a few weeks ago. I do think it helps to just focus on a couple items at a time. It's probably even a little harder when you don't know/aren't finding out the gender, although we're trying to keep everything pretty neutral in the hope we'll be blessed with more babies in the future. Out of curiosity, which stroller do you want? That is one decision I haven't been able to make. We ended up just getting the caddy (snap n go) that goes with the chicco keyfit stroller, and we'll figure out which stroller to get once the baby outgrows his carseat.
Hi MP! Yeah, I've been avoiding looking at baby stuff because I really don't know where to begin. I'm glad I'm not alone. I thought I'd be so into it... :???:

We decided on the Phil and Ted's Explorer with the doubles kit. My SIL is having a baby in August, and the extra seat can be taken off so it's just a single stroller, but I figured we'd get some good use out of the double stroller. We wanted an all terrain, and as much as I like Bugaboo, I can't spend over $1,000 on a stroller. We want the explorer in that ridiculous lime green color. I love bright colors and I think they're fun for kids.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Well, another uneventful appointment. It was just an NST, no exam or anything. Baby looked great. My uterus is going crazy...tons of cramping and random contractions. The other girl who was being monitored had a perfectly flat uterine activity line. I was a bit jealous. Baby was sleeping so they gave me some apple juice which really woke him up. Poor little guy. I didn't see my doc but the nurse mentioned that she thought I'd be induced this upcoming week. I'm thinking on Sunday I'll eat a pineapple and maybe some eggplant parm (and I hate eggplant). DH and I were really hoping to get through this weekend because he is supposed to work 16 hours of OT which is a ton of money. We didn't think we would make it but it looks like we will after all! Getting pretty anxious to meet this little man. I can't imagine having to go to 40 weeks!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Prana - Thank you! That was a calm moment! :lol: He's fussy in the evenings sometimes. He goes from calm to screaming in a split second it seems! I didn't find it to be hard to buy stuff, everything we got was neutral. I knew if it was a girl I wouldn't have gotten all the really frilly stuff anyway. That's so exciting that you aren't going to find out what you're having. We did the same thing and honestly it was SO worth it. Especially because from beginning to end my labor was 60 hours. I missed the moment when he first came out because of my c-section, but DH got a good picture. Ahhh I'm tearing up thinking back on that moment! :love:

Vintage - Thanks!! I know, I wasn't expecting all of that hair! But then agan, I had tons when I was born too. I wore a little barrette in my hair in my hospital picture! (Think Pebbles from The Flintstones, that's how my mom did my hair for the picture!) Motherhood is so fun, exciting, scary, magical, satisfying, and hard at times, but so worth it! (Yes, all of those emotions come into play at some point!) I am doing really well after my c-section. It took about a week before I could get up off of the couch without feeling like an old crippled person. I never realized how many muscles you use in your stomach just by doing simple things! At my checkup last week the doc said it can take up to a year for everything to be normal again inside, even though I feel normal on the outside. I was told there's layers of stitches inside healing. I still remember one of the nurses/doctors mentioning my bladder and something about positioning it. I felt like a puzzle and I was praying they put my organs back together in the right place! Yikes. I went back to work after 6 weeks, it's my first week back. I did okay leaving Blake with the sitter, he's in good hands! I cried only because I had to go back to work...I dislike working! haha. By the way, you are looking great!!!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! Thanks, everyone, for your words of encouragement. I was feeling pretty down and out, and you helped to lift my spirits. Major love to PS :love:

LV: Electro stim is quite uncomfortable! The lady I saw used it during three different appointments, but I haven't had to since (thank goodness) The birth center considers natural induction to include things like membrane stripping, castor oil, black &blue cohosh, a few other herbal tinctures, and the foley bulb.

Missy: He is such a cutie!

JGator: Less than 100 days to go! I've heard great things about that baby bargains book. Glad it is helpful!

Haven: I'm glad you're experiencing brief breaks from being sick, and I hope they grow to be more frequent. Your bump looks great!! I don't see a ton of growth in the last two photos, but as someone else said, black is slimming and prints accentuate bumps.

Sunny: I'm really sorry about your terrible day :(( Sounds like you need a long, relaxing bath and a back rub. DO NOT STRESS over weight gain, though I know it's easier said than done. I think that for 99% of women it allll evens out in the end. Eat when you feel like it- your body knows what it's doing. I know nothing can stop or fully prevent stretch marks from forming, but I've heard good things about Mama Mio products. Worth considering if your skin feels tight and uncomfy.

Meg: All of those names are terrific! You can't go wrong! I really like Wesley and Henry for a boy... And Eleanor, Margaux, and Eloise for a girl (but I have a definite bias toward Eloise ;)) ) I'm sure I've asked before, but do you have a leaning/instinct about boy or girl? I totally feel girl for ya, but my methods are not exactly scientific.

MP: Adorable bump, as always! You're growing a perfect basketball belly. Again, no stressing over weight. You look great and healthy. Will you share nursery photos once it's all arranged? I love looking at sweet nursery designs!

Buttons: I always thought boy names were more challenging! Are you sharing top contenders with friends and family (and PSers :bigsmile: ), or are you and your DH keeping them a secret?? I'm always intrigued why some people choose to share and others don't, thoughnI understand both sides.

Prana: Ahhh! That's a great stroller! Love the color choice! It's hard to know what's a necessity for baby, but if you limit early purchases to must-haves (stroller, dipes, car seat, etc) the good news is hat it's pretty easy to pick up the other odds and ends post-birth, as needed. Are you having any sort of baby shower or party?

VL: Great photos! The sleep sack is adorable- will you use that regularly or is it one of those cute things hat people use mostly for newborn photos? Glad you had a great time on your honeymoon... Still, take it easy! Varicose veins and pelvic pain are no fun! Acupuncture is interesting. I don't find that it's comfortabl and relaxing 100% of the time, but the needles are so small that they do t really hurt... I tend to feel more pressure/warmth a a needle site than anything else. At some point during each treatment I totally forget about the needles or cannot figure out where they are... Then I eventually 'come to' and my brain starts to register the needles as uncomfortable, and that's usually a sign that I'm done and the treatment is over.

Amc: It's the final countdown!! There's a light at the end of the tunnel it seems- that probably makes your discomfort seem a bit more tolerable. Eggplant, pineapple, sex, walking, nipple stimulation (but be careful!) may help speed things along, but in my experience they don't work... At all! I wish you better luck than I had!

To everyone I missed, hello! To the BTDT mamas who offered words of encouragement, infinite thanks ::)

I am still very pregnant- 41w1d (midwives are saying 41wks, though) I had a BPP today- lots of fluid, average to small head, chubby midsection, short femurs but not in the "something is awry" range, nice muscle tone and breathing movements. The OB estimated she was 8lbs. Placenta showed some calcium deposits, which is totally normal for a term placenta. NST and midwife appointment are in an hour, and I imagine they'll do a cervical check, strip membranes, and review the induction plan for Monday. Poor DH was SURE labor would begin today.

Cute DH tale: I'm not sure if I've mentioned 'labor gifts' on this thread, so forgive me if I have. DH planned a long time ago a series of gifts he would give to me throughout labor to help distract me and keep my mind focused on something positive. Risky, I know :cheeky: They were all ready by week 37, and as time drags on he can't handle keeping them a secret and has given me a few (little puzzles, games, etc... All very sweet!) Last night I walked into the kitchen and saw a huge vase of pink and red roses. I've teased hat the one downside to a birth center v. Hospital is that my stay is so short that nobody will send congratulatory flowers. So, DH thought he'd get me some flowers (he is not a flower-giving guy) but the problem was that he purchased them nearly a week prior and had been hiding them in our basement and sneaking them outside in the early AM for sunshine :lol: He anticipated that labor would start days and days ago, and when it didn't and the beautiful roses started to open and droop, he realized he needed to give them to me. I love him to pieces and appreciate how he's trying to make me feel special and loved... And I also see just how excited and full of anticipation he is for the arrival of our daughter. As bummed as I am with each day tha passes sans-labor, I know he is disappointed, too, and I see how he needs extra comfort and love as well.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Wow, PPM, your little one is really comfy in there! You must make a good home :) I doubt any of the at-home induction methods work, but it seems fun to try! I think I might have dropped just a teeny bit. He's definitely not all the way down there, but my belly does look a bit lower.

Anyone else starving? The past few days I've been SOOO hungry. It's 11am and I've had 2 eggs, 2 pieces of toast, a granola bar, and oatmeal...and I'm still hungry. Between my last two appointments (Monday and yesterday) I somehow lost 3 lbs, despite a diet of chinese food, thai food, and pizza. Now if only I could figure out a way to keep this metabolism post-baby and breastfeeding! For some reason I always figured hunger would slow down towards the end, not sure why I thought that though....

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Missy It is exciting for us to not know. But people's reactions to our choice have been a bit... unexpected. I think about 5 people total think it's a great idea. Other people think we're crazy, stupid, and some reactions have been hostile! No joke. :shock: As far as buying stuff, I'm mostly having trouble with larger $ items. I feel like I don't want to spend all that money on items we won't be able to use, or have to buy all new stuff once the baby comes. I know it will all be fine, but this is new territory for me and DH.

PPM Yeah we'll definitely register for all the essentials. We are having a shower, and I know we will be pretty well set up before the baby arrives. I'm more worried about the waste than I am about not having what we need. I worry that we will spend lots of money on things that don't or can't get used, and I hate that more than anything. But it will all work out. I do love that stroller!

I can't believe you're are remaining so patient. I'd be so anxious! Your husband sounds super sweet.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
PPM, darnit, I was really hoping you had been quiet for a reason. Glad to hear the baby is still looking good, if not a little too comfortable :) And how cute is your husband? Very sweet. Hang in there lady. Really hoping things pick up this weekend for you!

amc, I guess that's an okay problem to have. I seem to only have to think about food these days to gain weight. Hope that your little tricks get things going for you because I know you'd like to avoid an induction if possible.

Sunny, glad your glucose test went well. I agree that it wasn't as bad as some people have led me to believe. I should get my results this afternoon. I hope eating an abnormally large amount of watermelon last night doesn't sway the result. Seriously, I ate at least a quarter of a huge melon! Don't feel bad about the weight gain. I've had two months were I gained about 6-7 pound, but my doctor wasn't worried.

Vintage, welcome back! Glad to hear your vacation and reception both went well!

Hi to everyone else!

AFM, had my appointment today, and everything looked good. Well, I should wait to hear whether I passed the glucose test before I say that I guess. I'm so paranoid I will fail for some reason, even though I know it's not the end of the world if I do. Anyway, my doctor said I'm measuring about right on or a week smaller (not that the measurement is that accurate), which surprises me given the size of my growing belly. I will have to point that out to my mom who kept telling me she thinks I'm growing a really good-sized baby when I saw her last week. Thanks mom! Oh, and I always want to kick my DH at my appointments because he hears me whine and complain about my weight so often that he always tells her I'm worried about how big I'm getting and asks the doctor if my weight gain is okay. I'm like, Dude, if she doesn't say there's a problem, let's just leave it at that. He thinks I'll be reassured if she says it's okay and stop worrying about it I guess. (He also makes her repeat everything a few times to make sure I don't have anything to fret about). Anyway, the doctor is so easy-going and said my weight gain is just fine and that she can tell I'm all baby, so she's not worried about it.

Hope you all have a good weekend. And PPM and amc, I hope you have productive weekends, labor-wise!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Fly-by update: NST was fine. I had two tiny contractions but didn't feel either of them. I'm 1/2 cm dilated, 20% effaced (according to today's midwife) and my cervix was so high and posterior that she couldn't strip my membranes. Fabulous start to the weekend!

I must repeat over, and over, and over that dilation and effacement are not an accurate indicator of when labor will begin.

Hope you gals are having a good Friday!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Ah, what a bummer PPM, but you're right, things could change just like that. Sending you tons of dust that your body just kicks into gear this weekend. You're such a trooper.

Oh, and I passed my glucose test. Phew! I really need to quit fretting about these things so much.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi girls :wavey:

How's everyone doing? Hope all is well!!! Sending PPM tons of labor vibes, and AMC, hang in there!!! I have a feeling you'll be having your baby soon my dear!!

Hi to everyone else....MP, Buttons, Sunny, Vintage, Prana, Haven, Meg!!!! Haven, I'm so sorry about your continual nausea. Is the Zofran not helping anymore?? I know some patients have to take it their whole pregnancy :blackeye: Hey, have to do what you have to do....

AFM, I'm doing pretty good. Getting a little bigger everyday, and definitely feeling the extra weight. Back pain is still there, and my wrist/hand pain is continual too. Oh well, I know lots of people have it worse!!!

I'm happy because I got an email from Pottery Barn saying that they will be delivering the crib on Friday (it was originally on backorder till October!). So I'm glad that we will actually have the crib in time for the baby's arrival. MH is going to get started on the room next weekend. We'll paint and then he'll probably put the crib together and set it up. Our house is a wreck right now, because we are literally trying to get every project done before baby...painting, spackling, remodeling the main floor bath, etc. I'm usually very neat so it's driving me crazy!! But we are making progress with our list, so that's good.

MP, congrats on passing your glucose test!! I really thought I was going to fail too!! I felt so sick after drinking that stuff, I was like, "um, I think my blood sugar is like 400!" But low and behold, my final number was good, so I was so happy!!!! I saw that you got your furniture...did you end up getting white? Is it set up? Would love to see a pic!!! ;))

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! Sorry for being MIA.. Like I mentioned... Life is CRAZY right now! Hubby took his first set of boards on July 12 and he thinks he did amazing! Then we were busy with visiting my parents, getting ready for our big move, decided to DIY an upholstered headboard and platform bed haha, had my baby shower which we ended up having to do more than we should have for it since my MIL ended up having surgery..which turned into she can't help us with our move..ughh

So we FINALLY got our placement for the next year maybe 2... We having been hoping and planning for NYC but we ended up getting Hackensack,NJ... We were rather upset at first but have grown to realize its a better option for us.. It's a top 50 hospital my hubby will be working at and umm be delivering at.. So it's good..but since we found out on Tuesday we had to go buy a car.. And start looking for apartments...proved to be more difficult than we imagined.. We are used to Orlando.. And it's completely different up north.. So many hidden fees and places are super expensive... And his school doesn't budget enough money for you to be able to afford anything really.. So it's been very frustrating... We ended up finding a place... Yep site unseen but it's a newer apt with new kitchen and appliances and bathroom and it has a W/D.. Which we just assumed every apt in new jersey had but umm no its a rare thing to find... We are currently reserving an apt and will be leaving Florida on Sunday and arriving in Nj on Tuesday and move in on Wed.... Pure craziness...it's just been so rough on me being pregnant... I was up at 4am Thursday morning and had gone to be at like 12-1am so I had no sleep and couldn't sleep because I started worrying about money and rent and the list goes on...but we have since figured it out.. So needless to say it was a miserable day for all of us to figure out everything. But we actually are getting a 2 bedroom which means we will actually have a nursery which we never thought would have been possible in NYC.. My hubby and I just need a breather! We can't wait to just sit in our place by ourselves without anyone else with us.. It will be 2 yrs since we have gotten to be alone... That is until his old roommate comes to stay with us to find a place but we told him only until the baby comes then we make no promises bcuz we have no idea what life's going to be like with a baby and we don't want to add even more stress to our marriage and stuff by adding another person in the apt.. Plus I was irritated that for a year he told us if we had a baby he wouldn't want to live with us then 5 mins before we are about to call the complex to book the apt he says okay well maybe ill live with y'all... Insert VERY irritated pregnant wife... Now we love his old roommate they've been friends for years and if there wasn't a baby then it'd be no big deal and we would have said yes right away ..ughh anyways

Well baby is good.. Has been measuring good and ahead a few days..my placenta moved and it's fundal and posterior instead of anterior.. So let's just say I constantly feel him kicking and moving and the other day he did like the wave across my stomach and it was rater creepy... Very weird feeling lol so don't hate on me but I haven't really gained any more weight... I was 121lb pre pregnancy from my pcos and stuff.. Then dropped to about 117 maybe 115 after I got pregnant.. And I'm back up to well today was 123 but I think that's just due to stress but I've been around 125-126.. So really only 4-5lbs over pre-pregnancy...I'll be 24 weeks on Saturday.. I'm starting to gt concerned I'm not gaining enough but baby is crazy healthy and always measuring bigger and above the average a little bit for weight.. I guess I just won't gain much weight...maybe I'll put on a lot during 3rd trimester.. I still really don't look pregnant in clothes though.. Just like I'm fat in my tummy or ate a pizza myself haha kinda sucks bcuz I'm not getting much sympathy from people and everyone keeps forgetting my pregnant until I constantly have to remind since there is a lot I can't do as far as moving since I'm pregnant..

Alright well I'm sure this is long enough but wanted to update before we move.. I'll go back and respond to everyone but we've just been so busy...and it's not even over yet! We can definitely use some prayers and dust as we make thing journey from Florida to new jersey and get everything set up..thanks!

Sorry had to get hubbys computer out to post this and a pic so i typed this up a day or so ago haha :) I am 24 weeks today and we leave tomorrow at 7am!!!! AHHH 3 days in the car is going to kill me lol...hopefully everything goes good and we get up there safe and sound! :)
I posted my 22 week bump pic and my 23 week pic (which i took at 23w6d haha) and a picture of my diaper cake! It was made out of cloth diapers :)

I promise once we get settled in NJ I will be able to post more it's just been pure CRAZINESS lol

Hope everyone is doing well!!

dsc_0220.jpg

dsc_0263.jpg

dsc_0318.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hellooooo MP, Buttons, Sunny, Vintage, Prana, Haven, Meg, blondebunny, amc, Dani, PPM and JGator (apologies if I missed anyone!!)

PPM - any updates? Thinking of you hon!!

Aww you ladies and your bumps look so beautiful! I can't believe the growth rate of my tum, it has really sprouted out in the last week or so, and I'm only half way! Eeek!

Well today I had my first preggo breakdown :bigsmile: DH got me an iPhone on the weekend, and while it's a lovely gesture, the connection is so SO irritable, it drops out at any given moment, then won't turn back on for a good hour, then loses all internet/contacts/settings. VERY annoying, especially given that my car is also on the blink and I have to drive our work ute, which is old and clunky. I need a reliable phone in case I break down again until we have time to buy a new car. Today I called DH on my iPhone to ask him something and it dropped out... and I burst into tears. I mean, I bawled, irrationally HOWLED! For ages! Over a gadang PHONE!? :confused: ANd I am NOT usually a cryer by any means.

I called DH when I got home (he was at work) sobbing like an idiot :rodent: He was very calming and told me he'd sort out a new phone tomorrow, and that he has lined up for my car to be fixed in the next couple of days. He's so understanding and accommodating, but I'm sure he thinks that at the moment, I'm quite mad :loopy:

I must say, now I feel like a total goose! Well worth the vent though.

In other news, I had my 20 week OB appointment last week and all is well, Baby B is growing right on track and kicking like crazy, and I'm tired from terrible sleep patterns, but am otherwise terrific. Eating like a mad woman! Anything and everything, gimme gimme! :lickout:

21 weeks 4 days

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies, just wanted to pop in with my birth story! PPM, hang in there. I was only like 1cm and then not even a week later I had my son!

On Wednesday 7/18, I woke up feeling very crampy. Around 11am I started to feel the cramps coming more regularly and decided to start keeping track of them. They started around 25 mins apart. They did not feel like the contractions I had with my first son. But I was on pitocin for my first. These contractions hurt far less and to be honest I didn't even think they were contractions! I needed to buy a friend of mine a birthday card, so me and my son headed out to buy one around 1pm ish. On the way home in the car, I felt like the cramps were coming closer together so I continued timing them when I got home. At 3pm, I decided to call my OB. I still wasn't sure if this was labor or not but they were coming around 6-8 mins apart. My OB said to come in and get checked out. I took a quick shower and finished packing my bag!

We got to the hospital around 4:30pm. Contractions were about 3-4 mins apart. Still not terribly painful though. They checked me and I was already 5cm, 80% effaced! I couldn't believe it! This was it!

We headed to our birth room and met my L&D nurse who was just wonderful. She was informed of our infertility issues and our long road getting to this point. She got me set up on a birthing ball in the shower. The water was very relaxing for my first birth so I wanted to go that route again. The contractions were getting stronger but I was able to get thru them. My OB came in to check me around 6ish and I was now 6cm and 90% effaced. I still had a big smile on my face inbetween contractions which she thought was hilarious. Different nurses kept coming in to say hello and just kept telling me how happy they were for me. My DH and I were still debating on girl names so we discussed them and selected one while in the shower. ha ha! It would have been Elena! My OB wanted me to try walking a bit to try to move things along. I did a couple of laps and the contractions started hurting really bad and I requested the epidural. The anaesthesiologist came in quickly and got the epi done. It did not hurt but my blood pressure went down so I got nauseous and felt like I was going to vomit. It was a very weird feeling almost like I wasn't breathing, but I was. Scary though. They had to put something in my IV to bring my blood pressure up. I also developed the shakes - teeth chattering, body shaking. But both symptoms passed quickly. I then got the ok to start pushing around 7:45pm and at 8:21pm, Rowan Jesse was born! My OB gave the big "It's a boy!" My OB said that a hand snuck out with his face which caused me a small tear only 5 stitches. Had that not happened she said that I would not have torn. Rowan was immediately put on my chest for skin to skin and my DH cut the cord.

I was in tears from the emotion of it all. It is such a blessing to have him! His middle name Jesse is after his late uncle (my DH's brother) who we lost to cancer in 2002. His first name Rowan, my DH and I have liked for awhile and thought it went nicely with his big brother's name Evan.

Rowan had some jaundice which has had to be monitored quite regularly and we have had to use a billi light blanket and supplement with formula to help clear it out. We are off the formula now and are exclusively BF'ing, which is going really well. My milk supply is right where it needs to be and I am able to pump 3+ ounces every morning. He has a great latch which hurt at first but thankfully not anymore.

I am doing well. No pain meds needed and I have already lost 17 pounds. Only 9 more pounds to my pre-preg weight. My DH went back to work today which sucks, but Evan has been a big helper and is so sweet with his new little brother. He sometimes rubs Rowan's back and says " awww good puppy" ha ha! Too cute! I am loving these moments and wish that time could slow down so I can just take it all in.

Ladies, thank you for all of your support particularly in the TTC thread. There were times when I didn't think I was going to be able to have another baby, but thankfully I have been blessed with this little blonde hair blue eyed man...

rowan71812.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Lizzie-I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Lizzy, thanks for sharing your story and the picture of handsome little Rowan! So glad that it was a pretty smooth delivery. Hope everyone is adjusting well to having the new baby home!

Dandi, trust me, you are not alone with the crying spells. Over the past few months, I have cried overly the silliest things like spilling on my shirt or having something minor go wrong while cooking in the kitchen. I started bawling on Saturday night when we realized the dresser we just got for the baby's room was damaged, even though it was my husband and his friend who had just lifted the massive 200-pound thing up two flights of stairs. My husband took care of it and they will be delivering the new one and picking up the damaged one and giving us an additional 20% off, but I was so upset that I just cried and cried! Thank goodness for supportive husbands, huh?

Dani, that's great your crib came in ahead of time. I'm like you, I hate when things are unsettled. Our nursery is still a disaster area and needs to be cleared out (it had been my office/closet/guest room). It's driving me crazy because our house is not that big, so I don't knwo where we are going to put everything that used to go in that room. But we did get the crib put together this weekend, and I love it! Makes it seem a lot more real to have an actual crib in our house. Oh, and yes, I went with white furniture.

PPM and amc, you are both in my thoughts! Hello everyone else!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
lizzie- what a beautiful little boy!!

PPM- I'm hoping your silence means the baby is on its way!

Hi to everyone else, hope everyone had a good weekend. My weekend was very quiet. I barely even had any cramping, which is unusual. Baby's activity has slowed down a bit, which I take as a good sign at this point. I still haven't dropped. I thought I had a bit, but then I realized I'm not dropping, I'm growing, and it's just filling out towards the bottom of my belly. It probably explains why I've been so darn hungry the past several days. I'm getting pretty bored of spending 90% of my time on the couch, but the Olympics are helping with that. Today I've had cramping since getting out of bed, so hopefully it means something is starting up. I still have mixed feelings about a possible induction. I want to make sure it's for the right reasons (like pre-eclampsia or other health issues) and not just me being selfish (aka "GET THIS BABY OUT OF ME"). Or, I should say, I want to make sure the doctor is making the call for the correct medical reasons and not because she thinks I want it. My pre-e is so borderline...

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Lizzy, congratulations!!! So adorable about E's "Awww.... good puppy" comment. :love: And can I just say you have an incredibly handsome little baby there. Please post some more pictures. I'm SOOOOOOO happy you and your your beautiful family! It was a long road getting here but y'know what they say: Good things come to those who wait. And you, my dear, waited so patiently! HUGS HUGS HUGS!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Dandi Sorry about your phone breakdown. But it is important that you have a reliable phone. I have an iPhone and I've been lucky because I haven't had the dropped call problem and bad service, but I know that some people do have a lot of problems with them. I hope you are able to figure something else out.

PPM I hope you're still hanging in there, or better yet hanging out with your baby!

Lizzy Rowan is beautiful! he looks like he's perfect!

Blondebunny Looking good!

AMC I bet you're getting beyond anxious at this point. Soon you'll have your baby in your arms and out of your body.

Hope everyone is doing well!

AFM: I'll be 17 weeks on Wednesday. The baby has been moving like crazy! I love the feeling of it! :love: I had my hand on my stomach the other night and I actually could feel the kicks on my hand! After I drink chocolate milk, icecream, cheese or OJ is when I get the best activity. It's awesome!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Speaking of irrational crying moments...thanks for the sympathy, MP and PPM! I'm over it now. 8) I think the stress and just being tired caught up to me big time! But DH and I had a great weekend and I got some new clothes (woohoo, retail therapy!) and I'm feeling good again.

I didn't hear from the doctor last week, so I passed my glucose test, yay! I don't know why I assumed I'd fail, but I'm happy to avoid the 3 hour test.

Other things we accomplished this weekend - picked our name! We shared with my inlaws, and we'll share with my family this weekend. Phew, one big thing off our plate! We also got our childcare situation figured out, my SIL will watch her. We'd briefly talked about it as a possibility, but now it's for sure. We'll have to work out the details later. She decided to stay home with her now 4.5 month old, so it will be great to have the cousins grow up together! We also got more stuff for the nursery: closet organizer, new bedroom door, a mirror. Makes me feel better to have this stuff getting done...only 12 weeks left! Poor DH, he's working 6 days a week and his day off is consumed by house stuff. :knockout:

Lizzy, Rowan is gorgeous! Love the blonde hair!

Hi everyone else, I need to go eat lunch before I pass out, but I'll be back later! :wavey:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I wanted to share...

My BF has had two miscarriages. One was around 8 weeks and the other was around 15 weeks. In both cases, everything started out great and then she started bleeding between 5-6 weeks. Basically, a huge clot would form and then release, eventually causing miscarriages.She had surgery last fall to remove a bunch of fibroids in her uterus, and started TTC in January. Well, she's pregnant! She will be 6 weeks tomorrow and so far, so good. My other friend is also pregnant...she's super-fertile so I'm not too surprised about her. Finally, my third friend who had been TTC since around January as well just texted me a pic of her BFP! So all three of my friends who were TTC are pregnant, and they are all due within weeks of each other. It seems in my circle that as soon as someone has a baby, the torch is passed and someone else announces a pregnancy. Well, I think my little guy has sufficiently passed on his juju and is free to come...any time! Just wanted to share the happy news :)

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, Lizzy. Rowan is gorgeous. I'm glad you had such a smooth delivery. I hope I am so lucky.

AMC, great news on your friends all getting pregnant! Looks like you might have a Peridot baby. I have an August birthday so I can empathize with preferring a Ruby, but Peridot is not that bad!

SunnyD, congrats on picking a name. We haven't had our name discussion yet. I think it will be interesting though!

Prana, congrats on all the movement. I don't think I felt anything that early. That's great! My DH felt the baby for the first time this weekend. I had my DH put his head where I usually rest my laptop when I am lying on the couch and then put his hand lower on my stomach, and he felt what I usually feel.

MP, yay for getting your crib set up. Too bad about dresser. We went furniture shopping on Saturday. We spent 3 hours looking at strollers, car seats, crib/dresser combos, and recliner gliders. We haven't purchased anything yet though, but we narrowed down the car seat (most likely Chicco KeyFit 30) and recliner/glider (most likely Best Chairs Bilana).

Dandi, sorry about your cell phone. What a pain! Great news on the 20 week ultrasound!

BlondeBunny, good luck with your move to NJ. I'm glad you are able to get a 2 BR now - that will be nice with the baby.

AFM, 26 weeks and 1 day. Feeling pretty good. Work has been crazy busy - will likely be that way until I go out on Maternity Leave. DH felt the baby kick for the first time yesterday.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1343674784|3243063 said:
Oh, I wanted to share...

My BF has had two miscarriages. One was around 8 weeks and the other was around 15 weeks. In both cases, everything started out great and then she started bleeding between 5-6 weeks. Basically, a huge clot would form and then release, eventually causing miscarriages.She had surgery last fall to remove a bunch of fibroids in her uterus, and started TTC in January. Well, she's pregnant! She will be 6 weeks tomorrow and so far, so good. My other friend is also pregnant...she's super-fertile so I'm not too surprised about her. Finally, my third friend who had been TTC since around January as well just texted me a pic of her BFP! So all three of my friends who were TTC are pregnant, and they are all due within weeks of each other. It seems in my circle that as soon as someone has a baby, the torch is passed and someone else announces a pregnancy. Well, I think my little guy has sufficiently passed on his juju and is free to come...any time! Just wanted to share the happy news :)
That's great news!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, hello!

BB: Sorry that NYC didn't happen as planned, but I'm sure NJ will treat you both well. Good luck on the move- hope the stress is over soon.

MP: So glad you passed the glucose test. It's one less stressor to deal with.

Prana: Isn't that movement AWESOME? So happy you're experiencing and enjoying this new, special phase! :love:

AMC: No baby?! Where is he? I know the longer he bakes, the better, but I seriously thought things would kick into high gear over the weekend... and, of course, that's when things actually settled down. He's got quite the sense of humor ;)) Re: dropping- some women don't, or so I hear. It's frustrating when all the 'tell-tale' signs of labor really aren't signs at all. They should all read: "Your results may vary" I've dropped, but no baby. You're contracting like crazy, but no baby. Le sigh. Great news about your friends!

Dani: Exciting crib news! Which model did you guys choose? I love those cribs!

DandiA: :lol: :lol: Okay, okay.. I am not laughing AT you, I hope, but with you? A little bit? I'm so sorry for the crappy iPhone connection and I hope it gets resolved very, very soon, but it is AMAZING what preggo hormones will make us do! The littlest things can be so gosh-darn upsetting. Lousy cell phone connections are truly a pain in the butt, though, so I'm sorry for your troubles.

Lizzy: He is an ANGEL!! Thanks for sharing your birth story and photo. It sounds like everything went so smoothly and it was a great labor experience. I'm so happy for you ::) ::)

JGator: :wavey: :wavey: Hello, mama! Glad you're feeling well and hope work slows down a bit!

Sunny: Hola! Glad you're feeling a bit better- it's okay to have days like that, even though they stink. Sounds like your weekend more than made up for it, though! Show of your new clothes in your next bump photo!

AFM: Natural induction has begun! I had a foley bulb inserted around 2PM today. The insertion wasn't bad at all, except for the speculum :rolleyes: But NOW I'm feeling it. Basically, there's one little saline-filled balloon inside my cervix and one outside my cervix. Then a tube runs down and is attached to my leg (so glam)... I have to pull on the rubber tubing every so often to put pressure on my cervix. They hope that it will manually dialte my cervix and the bulb will fall out on its own. Fingers crossed. If it does, I'll be roughly 3 to 4 cm dilated.

I'm also taking a Cottonroot tincture every 15 minutes- one hour on, one hour off. It's an oxytocic plant material (so the midwives say) and should encourage gentle contractions.

Once the foley bulb falls out, I have to take a castor oil + icecream + vodka mixture. Yep, vodka- you heard that right. Shortly thereafter I will be tethered to my bathroom. I'm so looking forward to it, let me tell you... ;( I have to wait until dilation happens, otherwise I'll have GI cramps and contractions that will do jack to my cervix. Basically, it will cause pain but no progress.

Worst case scenario is that the bulb doesn't fall out on its own and it will be removed tomorrow around 2. They can't reinsert another until Wednesday, at which point I can opt for bulb #2 or I can talk about transfer of care to the hospital.

I know that you all have been, but please, please, PLEASE continue to send labor dust! There is a chance that I'll be back at the birth center, in labor, TONIGHT! Or at least sometime tomorrow. That's what I'm really, really hoping for. This baby needs to come out very soon. I'm taking my cramping as a good sign and I hope that it progresses and becomes more uncomfortable, and I"m REALLY hoping this foley bulb falls out in a few hours!

Sorry for all the caps. I'm feeling a bit on edge today :twirl: Hope to have a positive update soon!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
...And I also realize it sounds like my pregnancy is being managed by a bunch of witch doctors or hippies :cheeky: But these midwives are really terrific. I have full faith in them. It's definitely a different experience than if I was under an OB/hospital's care, but I think i'd recommend a birth center to anyone who's open to a more holistic approach to pregnancy and labor/delivery. Not sure what I'll do next time around, but it has been an enlightening experience.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Prana, I'm jealous of the early movement you're feeling. I'm just now feeling regular, strong movements at almost 30 weeks. Enjoy!

Sunnyd, yay for picking a name! My husband is now getting cold feet about the name I thought for sure we would end up using, so I'm frustrated and honestly can't think of any other names I like better. We're going to be one of those couples that decides at the last minute I guess.

amc, how are things going now? You are about 38 weeks now, right? I don't think you should worry. If the doctor thinks there are risks to your health and/or the baby's health by going longer, I'm sure your little guy will be just fine. Great news about your TTC friends.

JGator, it's so exciting when your husband gets to experience a kick isn't it? Except now that it seems more real to my husband, he freaks out if he thinks I'm putting too much pressure on my belly or feeling the baby too much because he thinks I'll hurt or bother him. I keep trying to assure him that our bodies are designed to protect the baby a little better than that, but I guess it's different when it's not your own body.

Oh PPM, I just saw your update. Sorry to hear that you are not a mommy just yet, but sending you lots of dust and good wishes that these "witch doctor" ;-) methods get things going for you tonight or tomorrow and you can have the holistic experience you were hoping for.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Sending truck loads of labor dust to you, PPM! I hope your cramping gets downright awful (because it means progress!). Hippies FTW!

I'm pretty sure this kid is trying to karate chop her way out. I keep jumping because she's kicking so hard and it startles me! Ha! Or maybe she's cheering on PPM, who knows. :cheeky:

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Update: Foley bulb fell out! Wahoo! That thing is pretty big- hard to imagine it fitting through my cervix :-o Contractions have slowed... waiting for midwife now to see if we should go ahead with castor oil or wait until morning! :appl:

ETA: Blah. Castor oil is to start tomorrow... and my least-fave midwife is on call tomorrow :nono: There was a 1 in 5 chance I'd be seeing her, and it seems the odds were NOT in my favor. That blows. But at least the baby is on her way... or it may be more accurate to say that things are headed in the right direction. Time will tell if this babe is coming.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results