shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the updates, blondebunny! I love the look on your face when you see the confetti.

I temporarily wanted to slap you when I saw your 19 week picture...but then I pulled up mine and realized I wasn't really showing all that much at that point either (even though I felt huge). You look great! I'm guessing you'll be one of those lucky ones who is all belly. My MIL told me she wore her pre-pregnancy jeans home from the hospital. I certainly hope DH isn't expecting that from me! Anyway, thanks for sharing all of those great pictures!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
BlondeBunny--What awesome pictures! Your party looks like it was a ton of fun, and the decorations are adorable! I LOVE the teddy bear with your baby's heartbeat, what a special gift. Great shot of the big reveal!
You look so radiant and happy, I'm going to aspire to be just like you as I move along through this pregnancy.

I vomited twice today, but usually I'm just seriously nauseous. I probably only vomit twice a week, though most mornings I wake up feeling like I'm going to be sick but I just heave for about five minutes. Lovely, right? I'm so encouraged to hear that your MS just went away one day. That gives me hope that tomorrow might be the day for me!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha Amc.. I think most people either want to slap me or yell at me for being so tiny... I really thought I'd be much bigger by now...oh well... The baby is still reallly low...my MIL thinks is just bcuz I have a long torso but I don't know .. But she said she is going to have to circle my weight at my next appt for being too low! I'd be worried if he was measuring small but he isn't..I'm thinking he will be a week ahead on Friday at our US..my brother was 10lbs and my original due date was my brothers bday Nov 20 but I got moved up to the 17th.. Hubby was 7 14oz I think.. So Im thinking he's gonna be aleast 8lbs! I need to take a pic with a shirt on.. It def does not look like I'm pregnant at all.. If anything like I just ate a big meal haha.. Every time I go to buy something they ask if I need a gift receipt and when I say no it's for me I get the look at my belly then crazy look at me...semi frustrating to get so many crazy looks all the time but I'm kinda happy I'm still so tiny... I really do not feel pregnant at all..except when he kicks me... I don't think it has hit me or hubby yet.. Even though we have so much baby stuff for him already and we are always buying stuff... We are both still in Lala land haha..hubby forgets I'm pregnant all the time and sometimes tries to lay in me and my tummy and I have to keep reminding him it hurts there is a baby in there! I'm not gonna even look pregnant at my shower because we are having it before we leave and I'll just barely be like 23-24 weeks...kinda sad.. I could always put a fake belly on haha :)

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Haven|1340835988|3224699 said:
BlondeBunny--What awesome pictures! Your party looks like it was a ton of fun, and the decorations are adorable! I LOVE the teddy bear with your baby's heartbeat, what a special gift. Great shot of the big reveal!
You look so radiant and happy, I'm going to aspire to be just like you as I move along through this pregnancy.

I vomited twice today, but usually I'm just seriously nauseous. I probably only vomit twice a week, though most mornings I wake up feeling like I'm going to be sick but I just heave for about five minutes. Lovely, right? I'm so encouraged to hear that your MS just went away one day. That gives me hope that tomorrow might be the day for me!

Thanks! I was rather surprised it was a boy if you can't tell haha.. Although I told my hubby the night before it was a boy even though we thought it was a girl haha :) thanks for the nice compliment! :)
Ughh that doesn't sound like any fun! Have you tried taking B6? It really helped me the first trimester with energy and MS! I hope it goes away soon.. That is so rough that you actually vomit :( when do you find out what youre having?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
blondebunny|1340836330|3224704 said:
I don't think it has hit me or hubby yet.. Even though we have so much baby stuff for him already and we are always buying stuff... We are both still in Lala land haha..

We've been through a 5-week child birth series, an infant CPR class, a breastfeeding class, and a pumping class. Our final class- infant care- is tonight. I've washed and folded all of the baby clothes (we have WAYYYY too many). The nursery is largely ready to go. FMLA paperwork has been filled out, and I've been training my coworker. The stroller and car seat are ready. Day care and pediatrician have been selected.

Despite all of this...baby is due in 48 days and it STILL hasn't hit me. I honestly don't think it will until we are home with the baby.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
amc80|1340837536|3224722 said:
I don't think it has hit me or hubby yet.. Even though we have so much baby stuff for him already and we are always buying stuff... We are both still in Lala land haha..

We've been through a 5-week child birth series, an infant CPR class, a breastfeeding class, and a pumping class. Our final class- infant care- is tonight. I've washed and folded all of the baby clothes (we have WAYYYY too many). The nursery is largely ready to go. FMLA paperwork has been filled out, and I've been training my coworker. The stroller and car seat are ready. Day care and pediatrician have been selected.

Despite all of this...baby is due in 48 days and it STILL hasn't hit me. I honestly don't think it will until we are home with the baby.
This makes me feel much better about not really feeling like I'm actually going to have a baby, yet!

BB--I love that you have the moment you learned his gender on camera, that is so special. We're not going to find out the gender, we want to keep it a surprise. I'm really thinking we're having a girl for some reason, but we shall see! I'm only 15w 1d, so we have quite a while to wait until we meet this baby.

I took Unisom and B6 for a couple weeks but it didn't help. (I did sleep really well, though!) My doctor prescribed Zofran for me weeks ago, and I've been taking that ever since. I don't usually take any meds at all, not even Advil or anything, so I'm not super comfortable with it. BUT, whenever I try to stop taking the Zofran that's when I really get sick. So, Zofran it is! On the Zofran I'm really, really nauseous, but I can manage to keep food down. I had a hard time eating for a while, so I started counting calories. Lately I've been managing 1,500 to 1,600 a day, which is better than before. I should be eating closer to 2,000 I think, and I cannot WAIT for the day that I want to eat more!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
BlondeBunny, loved your gender reveal party pics. You won't need a car seat in NYC. I used to live there. You see a lot of moms with strollers getting into taxis. You will need a car seat if you rent a car to go places on the weekend (for example shopping in NJ or Long Island or even Queens or weekend trips to Boston, DC, Philly, or the Hamptons) which a lot of people do. I have been taking Zantac, but I am going to start trying Papaya Enzyme for the heartburn/reflux. I just ordered it today from Amazon so it will be here Friday. I'll let you know if it works.

Buttons, I am doing a yoga dvd at home. It's Prenatal Yoga with Shiva Rea. I do sleep a lot better after doing yoga. It's funny I wish I would have done it a long time ago pre-pregnancy as it seems so good for neck/shoulder/back pain which I always get.

PPM, love your doggy and diaper picture. Adorable!

Steph, I'll ask my doctor about Prilosec. In the meantime, I'm going to try Papaya Enzyme which seems to get good reviews on Amazon.

AMC, sounds like you are all set. But, I would expect no less from you seeing that you were charting and active in TTC months before you were actually TTC while planning a wedding! You are definitely a planner!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
...No news from Steph? Does that mean that she might be birthing or holding her little one?

PP: Three cheers for contractions. Go body, go! Seems like your body is really gearing up to go.

Mayerling: Sorry for the terrible appointment. That's beyond frustrating.

BB: Great photos and great physique! Congrats on your little boy. I'm looking forward to the rest of your updates. I'm going to share my CD stash on the CD thread in a short while... we have quite a variety.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Steph, I really hope you've had your baby by now.

Blondebunny, you look great! I definitely looked bigger at that stage. And congrats on your little boy. Thanks for saying I'm all bump! I've been happy about not having gained weight elsewhere but lately I've been thinking that this probably means that it'll take a long time to get rid of the inches around my belly after the baby comes.

MP, how are things?

Haven, I'm so sorry the nausea is still hanging around. I think mine went away around the stage you're at right now.

Buttons, yay for a good appointment! I wonder what those are like...

Petite, I'm glad you've found a way of coping with the delay.

AFM, I'm still bummed about yesterday's fiasco but I'm trying not to think about it. I'm also coming to terms with the possibility that I might take the full 40 weeks and trying to make the most of the last few days of just me and DH.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Just a flyby to let you know baby girl is on her way!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Yay Steph!!! That's so exciting! Hopefully my LO was just waiting to get to the top of the list! hehe. I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear your next update! :appl: When you get back I want to hear how it started!

AMC,BB,Haven- I'm 40w2 and it STILL doesn't feel real that I am going to have my very own baby... that she'll be mine. That I'll have to take care of her. It's surreal, even as I look at her bassinet, clothes, etc. It's just beyond anything I can imagine.

BB- Love your gender reveal party! That looked like so much fun and the decor is super cute. I kind of wish I had the patience to do that. Thanks for sharing!

AMC- Where those classes part of your birth classes? I really wish we had taken a child care and infant CPR class. I don't even know where that would be offered here, but perhaps it would make me less worried.

Haven- I hope you find something to ease the nausea.

AFM- 40w2d! We've taken the nurses advice for a more natural approach and I'm pretty sure that's the only reason I've had these contractions. Last night I was up all night with them from discomfort. No debilitating pain, just an uncomfortable feeling, causing me to stay awake. They were about 7-10 minutes apart for a few hours. Then I slept for 4 hours. This morning they've been mild and no real pattern. Hopefully they pick up the pace within the next few days. I'm trying to stick to the 5-1-1 plan when to call the hospital or if the pain is really bad. Does that sound normal/ok? Or should I call even if they get 5-1-1 with just discomfort? This stuff is confusing.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Yay Steph!!!!! So excited for you!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Yay Steph! Can't wait to hear how your little bean arrives!

As to the below...AMC I just melted all over my computer thinking about how we haven't even MOVED INTO our house yet, let alone do ANY of the things you've listed (with the exception of childbirth and CPR class...).

amc80|1340837536|3224722 said:

I also found out yesterday that bean's head is measuring in the NINETY-FIFTH PERCENTILE, coming in at 35w6d!!!! :-o

That, paired with the fact that baby is still breech (oh, and we haven't moved in yet...did I mention that?) I am literally about to lose my preggo brain. Baby is still on target measuring about 33 weeks and 4lbs 13oz, but sheesh kid that is some noggin! Now I'm a nervous wreck that the baby won't flip or will have too big of a head for me to deliver vaginally, or both :blackeye:

I know I know I am a bad PSer and owe a full update and addressing of all the preggos, but I am reading along everyday!

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
stephb0lt|1340875088|3225022 said:
Just a flyby to let you know baby girl is on her way!

Woohoo Steph so exciting!!!!! Hope everything goes very well and looking forward to reading baby girl's birth announcement later! :appl:

Blondebunny glad to hear everything is going so well :wavey: Your photos are fantastic but I especially love the one with the confetti - whoever took that captured such a magical moment!!!

AFM I went for a swim last night and was shattered after it! Also, really weird, but in the water the bump went all soft and squidgy, it was like not being pregnant at all. Such a strange sensation! And it felt so heavy then when I got out again... 8)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies!!! I feel like I haven't checked in in awhile, so here I am! How is everyone doing? I love reading everyone's updates!!

Best of luck, Steph!! Hope baby girl makes her appearance very soon!!!
BlondeBunny, I love your gender reveal party!!!! Those pics are super cute!! You look great!!!

Just chugging along over here. I can't complain too much, just my back is pretty much killing me every day. I know I should be working out more regularly, but it seems to just make things worse when I do. And I really can't stand all of the hot days we've been having lately. Dealing with the heat of the summer is going to be difficult. I feel like I'm going to be spending alot of my time indoors this summer in the A/C!!!

We went for another ultrasound last week, brought my Mom (again!) and my sister this time. The pics were so much better and more detailed because the baby is so much bigger now!!! Babe is in the 65% percentile for size (almost 2 lbs) so that's good. I'm feeling kicks alot now...some days the kiddo is more active then others, but I do feel movement every day now, which is reassuring.

I feel like I really need to get on the prep stuff though. We've done NOTHING. Haven't registered, having starting preparing anything. I think in about 3 weeks or so we'll get the ball rolling....The only thing I did do is ordered the crib, because it's was on backorder until October when I checked yesterday, so I got nervous and just bought it. I hope it comes in time for the kiddo's arrival. If not, no biggie, I guess I can just use the bassinet and be fine.

I'm going to try to attach a pic from our ultrasound last week....it's crazy how the peanut looks like a real person now!!! :appl:

2012-06-25_12.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies!!! I feel like I haven't checked in in awhile, so here I am! How is everyone doing? I love reading everyone's updates!!

Best of luck, Steph!! Hope baby girl makes her appearance very soon!!!
BlondeBunny, I love your gender reveal party!!!! Those pics are super cute!! You look great!!!

Just chugging along over here. I can't complain too much, just my back is pretty much killing me every day. I know I should be working out more regularly, but it seems to just make things worse when I do. And I really can't stand all of the hot days we've been having lately. Dealing with the heat of the summer is going to be difficult. I feel like I'm going to be spending alot of my time indoors this summer in the A/C!!!

We went for another ultrasound last week, brought my Mom (again!) and my sister this time. The pics were so much better and more detailed because the baby is so much bigger now!!! Babe is in the 65% percentile for size (almost 2 lbs) so that's good. I'm feeling kicks alot now...some days the kiddo is more active then others, but I do feel movement every day now, which is reassuring.

I feel like I really need to get on the prep stuff though. We've done NOTHING. Haven't registered, having starting preparing anything. I think in about 3 weeks or so we'll get the ball rolling....The only thing I did do is ordered the crib, because it's was on backorder until October when I checked yesterday, so I got nervous and just bought it. I hope it comes in time for the kiddo's arrival. If not, no biggie, I guess I can just use the bassinet and be fine.

I'm going to try to attach a pic from our ultrasound last week....it's crazy how the peanut looks like a real person now!!! :appl:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Here's the pic :))

2012-06-25_0.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
We had our infant care class last night. It was really useful. We got to practice swaddling, bathing, diapering, etc. All really basic stuff...unless you've never done it, at which point it can get overwhelming. I felt more prepared than a lot of the gals in there. We were going over safety and how you're not supposed to use bumpers, and one person had never heard of this. She was shocked. Isn't that sort of baby safety 101 these days?

PetitePoire said:
AMC- Where those classes part of your birth classes? I really wish we had taken a child care and infant CPR class. I don't even know where that would be offered here, but perhaps it would make me less worried.

The child care class and breastfeeding class were separate, but included for free with our childbirth classes. The infant CPR class was separate. They were all offered through our hospital.

megumic said:
As to the below...AMC I just melted all over my computer thinking about how we haven't even MOVED INTO our house yet, let alone do ANY of the things you've listed (with the exception of childbirth and CPR class...).

JGator said:
AMC, sounds like you are all set. But, I would expect no less from you seeing that you were charting and active in TTC months before you were actually TTC while planning a wedding! You are definitely a planner!

Meg- See JGator's quote about my planning. I just can't help it! Someday I'll learn to relax and go with the flow, but today is not that day.

megumic said:
I also found out yesterday that bean's head is measuring in the NINETY-FIFTH PERCENTILE, coming in at 35w6d!!!! :-o

We are seriously pregnancy twins...except this "little" guy's head was measuring 37w+ at 31w6d. Ugh, hopefully it levels out. Otherwise, if I make it to 40 weeks, I'll "get" to experience what it's like to give birth to a 5 week old. No thank you.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I have to share this story from infant care class. We were talking about animals and babies, and I shared a tip- you put tinfoil in the crib and around the rails so that cats learn to not jump on/in the crib. I then had the following conversation with a classmate:

Her: "So, where exactly do you put the foil?"
Me: "On the mattress and around the railings of the crib...any spot your cat may jump on."
Her: "Oh, it actually goes in the crib?"
Me: "Well, yeah, because that's where cats like to lay."
Her: "And the baby doesn't mind sleeping on tin foil?"

OMG. I had to explain to her that it's a training tool you set up now so when the baby comes the cats are already trained. It honestly scares me that these people are procreating.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Steph, good thoughts headed your way for a smooth delivery!!!

PP and Mayerling, hope you're both hanging in there!

amc, you're totally putting me to shame as far as baby prep too! We have the bedding and a few 0-3 months clothes, and that's pretty much it. I do know which carseat I'm getting, and I've set aside a list of other products people have recommended, so I guess I just need to start ordering. I had a meltdown the other day about how my DH needs to help me start making decisions or it will never get done. He's getting used to my random, out of the blue panic sessions now though, so he calmed me down. I guess I just need to buck up and make some decisions, but there are so many to make that I feel overwhelmed!

Dani and Meg, welcome back! I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't started preparing much yet! That makes me feel a little less of a horrible mother-to-be :)

Dani, which crib did you choose? I keep finding ones that I like the looks of, but then I look at Baby Bargains and see the brand doesn't have the best reputation. We looked at the well-rated ones on consumer reports, but I just don't like the looks of them. Argh!

BB, yeah, I kind of hate you. Just kidding! But you do look great. I blame my short torso and lack of morning sickness for my present state :) Congrats on your little boy too! We have a similar picture of our little guy looking forward with is mouth open. I'll see if I have it on my phone to post it. The tech thought it was so cute, but DH, and I were kind of scared of it :)

AFM, I have another appointment tomorrow, which is fine, but that also means the dreaded weigh-in! I really hate that part. I think I'm up almost 20 pounds at 25 weeks. I always feel hungry and seem to have lost my willpower since getting pregnant. Oh well, it is what it is, and I need to stop beating myself up about it.

ETA the somewhat creepy ultrasound picture of Bumby.

2012-06-01_11.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi MP!!! :wavey:

I ended up choosing the PB Kendall crib: http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/kendall-fixed-gate-crib/
I knew I wanted it in white, and everytime I checked it was on backorder another month. So I decided to order it. Everyone that I know that has it loves it, and in general it gets good reviews. Plus, I think the price is great for a PB piece. :))

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Dani, thanks for the info. I looked at that crib too because it is well-rated at consumer reports and very cute. But then I read reviews saying it was not a pure white and wouldn't match other white furniture, and I'm just not sure I want to pay the big bucks for matching pottery barn furniture. I'm going to try to stop by the store sometime this weekend to see what the color really looks like, but good to know it is on backorder until October!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Eleanor Marjorie arrived at 6: 49 this morning, 7 lbs 7.5 oz, 20 in long. More plus pics when I have an actual computer!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
stephb0lt|1340918090|3225425 said:
Eleanor Marjorie arrived at 6: 49 this morning, 7 lbs 7.5 oz, 20 in long. More plus pics when I have an actual computer!

Congrats!!! Can't wait to see her and hear the birth story!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock

Congrats Steph!! I'm so happy for you!

AMC- what a cool video. I'm going to see if I can find a longer version as it would be really interesting and may be helpful during labor to visualize what actually happens.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
PetitePoire|1340919098|3225447 said:

Congrats Steph!! I'm so happy for you!

AMC- what a cool video. I'm going to see if I can find a longer version as it would be really interesting and may be helpful during labor to visualize what actually happens.

Let me (us) know if you find it!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Steph!!! Gorgeous name!!! :appl: :appl:

MP, I agonized about the color too. We have the Ikea Hemnes dresser in white which we love, and we totally intended to use it in our future nursery when we purchased it last year. I knew I needed to get a crib that was a similar white. I did a ton of research on the Kendall/Hemnes combo including looking at a lot of pics online and checking the crib out in person before I finally decided that the whites are a close enough match that I will deal with it. The Ikea dresser is an off-white just like the PB crib, plus they will be on opposite walls, so I don't think it will be a big deal. I figured, worst case scenario, I can just buy the matching PB dresser, although I'm hoping not to do that. :))

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Steph!!!! I can't wait to see her pretty little face! :razz:

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Steph! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results