shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amc, theoretically yeah, you aren't supposed to eat FRESH pineapple prior to term. The canning process takes away a lot of the bromelain enzyme supposedly so it's fine. Keep in mind this is kind of an old wives' tale.

I don't think you look 28 weeks! You look tiny to me. And ignore the lady who told you she spent 3 days in active labor. Was she counting actual hours? Was she honestly in ACTIVE labor for 72 straight hours? I have to wonder... I think people have good intentions, but take everything people tell you about their experiences with a grain of salt. Including us! I don't embellish but I don't put forth every single detail of my pregnancy here either. Suffice to say you aren't getting the entire story from ANYONE, period.

So I came back tonight to post this very (in my opinion) hilarious pic. 39.something weeks and my husband decided to finish the backyard swing he wanted to build for us (the swing part we acquired from his boss--the frame he put together himself and save one side brace it is finished and ready to be placed in the backyard). My boss just bought this gigantic sun hat for me as a maternity gift and I decided to model it on the swing. It is ridiculously big, so big I couldn't even pose properly with it. Haha, it will make a good "sunbrella" for me and baby this summer!

swingsethat39002.jpg

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Monarch, cool pic!

Amc, I don't think you look particularly big. I'm not doing kick counts either. He moves so much that there's just no point.

China, any news yet?

Missy, how are you doing? Is the BP okay?

How is everyone else?

AFM, everything's okay at 33+2. Still have hip pain but I'm dealing with it. Is anybody thinking of getting an epidural? I think I'll most likely go for one.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Monarch, that's a . . . big hat! Too funny. Soon you'll be rocking your little baby in that swing. Wishing you lots of luck as you approach your due date!

Mayerling, I've got a long way to go still, but I'm definitely going to be open to an epidural when the time comes. I'll probably play it by ear and see how I'm feeling, but I'm hoping to keep birth as safe, painless, and quick as possible!

amc, I agree that you look about average-size to me. Your bump seems a little high, so maybe that is why it seems so big to you. I think you look great!

PP, thanks for the advice on the maternity v. regular tops. I feel like I look ridiculous in the maternity tops, and the ones I've purchased are just not my style. My sister is coming into town today, so it will be nice to have a shopping consultant and to stock up on some cuter clothes that seem more "me."

Missy, how are things going? Hope you and baby checked out okay and your last appointment!

AFM, I'm 20 weeks and halfway there! Amazing. I've been a bit of a whiner lately about my changing body and aches and pains, but then when I remember how badly we wanted this baby and how hard we tried, and I tell myself to shut up and quit complaining! One more week until we see our little one again for the big scan, and it can't come soon enough! Happy long weekend to those of you in the U.S.!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies! I've been reading along but woefully behind on posting! Since it is quiet at work before the long weekend I will take advantage...

Monarch hat looks great! I love fun accessories like that. I bought one similar, but smaller, at Marshall's the other day and can't wait to wear it! Can't believe how close you are!

MP, woohoo congrats on half way! I hear you on the whining lately. I find pregnancy to be so interesting in that you have to just accept what is happening to your body since we have very little control over it and despite those feelings, we are still happy and excited. Pregnancy is a lot to deal with so I say whining is acceptable!

Mayerling, youre getting so close too! I love that you are CDing as well. I have just begun to collect my stash. I was talking to my boss yesterday about CDing because his daughgter is preg, and I was explaining that no matter if it is a disposable diape or a reusable diape, you are supposed to dump the poo in the toilet. He was completely shocked and didn't know this, but maybe many people don't know that...? As for your question, I do not plan to have an epidural. I think it really is a very personal choice and in some cases depends on the circumstances.

Amc, your belly looks great! I actually think mine is bigger. I woke up with pain today too. I guess it is normal around now. I just feel like discomfort really low, but not pain pain. I was measuring a little over 28 weeks at my scan on Tuesday. Dr said the baby's head was larger than the other measurements, and then he asked our heritage. Well, the Irish apparently have giant heads. Lol. Not sure if that's true, but it's funny!

Missy, how are you doing?

Hello to everyone else!

AFM 28 weeks 3 days. Baby is 66th percentile so far. I'm getting very strong boy vibes and had very vivid boy dreams recently! Is anyone else experiencing lots of baby hiccups? Ive been feeling them about twice a day for the past two weeks or so. House is coming along nicely - just ready for it to be done so we can move in. We are living with friends for the next four weeks til it is done and I just want to nest already! We did order a crib over the weekend - a white Jenny Lind. I love the style and it is less than $200. I had gained 11 lbs in four weeks at my last appt. it made me feel awful but I keep reminding myself that it is weight with a purpose and that I am eating healthy foods wit good nutrients. Just hard to deal with sometimes. Anyway, that's all for now. Hope everyone has a great long weekend!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Ha, the ruching on my shirt must be slimming :) But I appreciate everyone saying I look normal! I'm still measuring about 3 weeks ahead (fundal height was 31 at my 28 week appt, and 29 and my 26 week appt). We are doing our second attempt at 3D u/s tomorrow...hopefully the "little" guy is in a better position.

Interesting about the kick counts...so basically, nobody is doing them? I've decided that on days when he's active all day I won't bother, but days when he's more mellow I will. Yesterday was like that...I think he was just tired from the non-stop movements in the previous days.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies, I just wanted to pipe in regarding the epidural conversation. For my first pregnancy, I was on the fence about it but was definitely not against having one. I was in labor for 13 hours and pushed for 4. I got the epidural. And it was well worth it for me. What I usually tell my girlfriends who are pregnant for their first and are debating on epi or not is this "Go for as long as you can without, and then don't try to be a hero". I really feel that if we as women knew going into labor that it only lasted say 4 hours, then I think I could have gotten through without the epi and endured the pain for that short of a time. But the reality is that generally labor is long and at some point I just ran out of steam and could not push through any longer. So my advice basically is go without for as long as you can, but if you just can't take it, don't try to be a hero, and take the relief. For me, I'd rather meet my little one in a calmer state then be out of control with pain. Just my 2 cents.... I know this is a personal decision so go with what works for you.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thoughts on epidurals: I would really rather not have one. We are just going to play it by ear and see what happens with the labor. If it is a healthier option for the baby at some point I will get one, but I would really rather not be numb and actively labor throughout all stages. It isn't about being a hero, for me it's about having a good support partner (my husband in my case) helping me get through the transition stage which from what I understand is the hardest (around 8-10 cms dilated) right before crowning, etc. My doctor is of the mind that it's really a psychological thing, getting through labor, and I tend to agree. My body is strong, my body knows what to do, so barring any unforeseen complications I would like to avoid interventions if possible. My hospital/doctor allow eating for energy during labor so we will be bringing snacks and I will be drinking clear fluids, etc. so I won't be laboring without any sustenance for hours and hours. And now that I've said all that, I'll probably ask for one at 4 cm. :loopy: ;))

amc80

Ideal_Rock
AH, the epidural discussion. I'm in the "I'll see how it goes" camp. I don't see anything wrong with them. But, I have no idea what labor will be like. I have no idea what a contraction feels like. I have no idea what a baby coming out of "there" feels like. I just don't know, so it's hard for me to predict whether or not I will have one. I don't want to be in horrible pain for hours, and then get one, and then think "damn, should have done this 3 hours ago..." At the end of the day, I want a healthy baby, and I'm pretty open to how that happens. My doctor is apparently really good at being honest with you as to whether or not you need one.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hey Monarch! :wavey:

Just curious, is your OB male? This is not to start a controversy, I only ask this because it's an attitude I see a lot among the male OB's. Ok, I have never had a child, but I feel like my 13 years of L&D experience and helping hundreds of women birth babies has taught me well, and I can assure you, getting through labor without an epidural is not "a psychological thing." That statement suggests that if a woman asks for an epidural or any pain meds during labor that she is not psychologically strong, which could not be further from the truth.

I agree with the fact that your body should know what to do, etc., but when that pain hits, no matter how strong you are mentally, you are probably going to need some relief....And whether you do it using medication or other methods is purely a individual choice, and there is no right or wrong. My best advice is just to go with the flow. And good luck!!!! :))

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies :wavey:

It sounds like everyone is doing well. I'm in the same boat as Missy (Missy where are you?) with between 4 - 6 appointments a week. That seems slightly counter productive to bed rest.... This week was an OB appt, 2 NSTs, and an AFI. The babies did great for their NSTs and passed both times and their AFIs were within range, 3.5 for A and 7.5 for B. A is still breech and since he's at the bottom with less fluid it's not likely he'll flip, which really has me bummed. So my c-section is now scheduled for June 27th ;( I'll admit, I'm pretty freaked out by it (more on that below).

re: epidurals, I know I've told this story before, but as a reminder my epi with O didn't work. So my advise is to go in mentally prepared either way because you never know! My failed epis are mostly why I'm nervous about this c-section. What if the spinal won't work and I have to go under GA :errrr: So scary.

re: meeting the baby, I have no problem admitting that I'm terrified for these babies to be born!! Sure, I'm curious about what they'll look like and such, but I am in no hurry to have newborns. I think O has scarred me for life with his colicky ways!! I know what I'm about to get myself into! Okay, maybe they'll surprise me and be perfect little babies, I'm prepared to eat my words if that's the case :wink2:

32w5d

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dani|1337978440|3203832 said:
Hey Monarch! :wavey:

Just curious, is your OB male? This is not to start a controversy, I only ask this because it's an attitude I see a lot among the male OB's. Ok, I have never had a child, but I feel like my 13 years of L&D experience and helping hundreds of women birth babies has taught me well, and I can assure you, getting through labor without an epidural is not "a psychological thing." That statement suggests that if a woman asks for an epidural or any pain meds during labor that she is not psychologically strong, which could not be further from the truth.

I agree with the fact that your body should know what to do, etc., but when that pain hits, no matter how strong you are mentally, you are probably going to need some relief....And whether you do it using medication or other methods is purely a individual choice, and there is no right or wrong. My best advice is just to go with the flow. And good luck!!!! :))

Yes, he's male. I don't think he meant to imply the opposite--that a woman is not psychologically strong, or is weak minded. When he talks about the mental or psychological part of this whole game I think he means more your attitude or what have you. Hmm. Hard to articulate my thoughts on this. I will give you a for example: a few weeks ago he and I were talking about what a positive experience my pregnancy has been and while that has partly been due to my physical good health, he remarked that it is also partially psychological i.e. if you have a positive mindset or attitude going into pregnancy and you are basically a positive personality in general you have a likelier chance of having a positive pregnancy experience overall (not saying that it's just mind over matter). He said the opposite extreme are 14 year old girls who are obviously scared as hell, weren't planning the pregnancy, don't have a good support system, etc. So when we talked about labor and natural vs. use of epidural, he says 80-90% of women get epidurals but that doesn't mean he thinks I will have to have one and that it CAN be a very psychological thing as far as mental preparation, etc.

Will I need "relief" when the pain hits? Yes. I am not naive enough to think that I will just mind over matter my way through this or hee hee hoo hoo it. And there is no right or wrong decision, never said there was or meant to imply it. We are talking about our thoughts on epidurals and I gave mine...for some reason this is one of those topics that people get really personal about. Like, I feel like why isn't there more SUPPORT from women for NOT using epidurals? I have 3 relatives and 1 co-worker who delivered naturally, albeit after somewhat short labors, the first time and for their subsequent births who have assured me that it can be done when you have a great support system. I just read a thread on here several months back in which a poster was asking for positive support for natural labor and delivery/no epi and almost no one was supportive. So back to relief from pain/pain management: I stated above that that is where my husband will come in to reassure me that I CAN do this, and that I am almost there and that we almost have our daughter and that I am doing awesome. Now if he gets punched in the mouth and I start screaming for an epidural at that point at least we know we'll have done our damnedest.

My personal beliefs and values are my own. You guys will just have to keep in mind that I live in a crunchy community, I grew up on a farm watching cows and other animals give birth with no drugs, and that my perspective is just that, mine. Whatever I post please don't take it as my opinion on how everyone else should go about it. Everyone has their own thoughts and perspectives and I totally respect that so please don't think I am judging.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Monnie, I know I'm not active in this thread anymore, but just wanted to chime in having gone to 10cm without meds.

First, no need to defend yourself. I think most soon-to-be moms worry about L&D and no matter what, we're all making a decision that we feel is best for us and our babies. Really, I think being flexible about a birth plan is most important since it never goes as expected :)

Second, I do understand where your OB is coming from about the "psychology" of an epidural. I could not physically have an epidural. I was faced with having a natural birth vs. a c-section under anesthesia. Two of my docs felt natural was too risky for me, so we went the other route. BUT, I ended up going into labor early.

Long story short, I labored until I was 10cm. I did go quickly. And I have a high pain tolerance, so I labored at home until I was close to 6cm (I was 6 when I got to the hospital). Words can't describe how intense my contractions were when I got to 8cm. But I knew an epidural wasn't an option. I knew I just had to cope with the pain until an operating room was ready, so I swear I just want to another place mentally. Had I been able to get an epidural, I would have asked for one as soon as getting to the hospital (I was in a lot of pain), but it simply wasn't an option, so that was that. I do think I was more psychologically prepared for the pain because I had no choice.

And not to sound all cheesy, but the pain of labor was nothing compared to the joy of having my baby. It really is immediately forgotten.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your input, NEL. Your story is very inspiring. I hate that I sound defensive; I just don't want anyone to think that I feel like one way is better than another, and I put my doctor's words out there sort of without context so I can see how they might be taken the wrong way. I totally get that flexibility is key--I can't control how this kid is going to come out or when or under what circumstances in the end. Like everyone else, I have preferences, though. That's all I think I have to say on the topic. :))

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies - Question - for first timers how far along were you when you got really unmistakable kicks / movements? I now I've felt some movement, but it's only when I'm really quiet (usually lying in bed before I get to sleep) and I really have only noticed the movements when I have my hands on my belly. They're also kind of swirly feelings, no jabs or anyting like that yet. Lots of times I'm not sure if I'm feeling my pulse or the baby. I'm just wondering how much longer it will take to become unmistakable - come throught the day - and for DH to be able to feel them through my belly! I'm 20 weeks a few days right now.

Oh the great epidural pain relief debate. Everyone walks their own path through life and will have their own opinion going into this life changing experience we call ahving a baby. Everyone will also experience that thing differently, regardless of their plans. Some women plan a homebirth with no options for medication and end up having to transfer to the hospital and get an epi. Some women labor so fast tehy're never able to ask for the meds (happened to a friend of mine!) My point is there are as many ways to approach the situation as there are possibilities in it.

I do agree with Monarch about the mental aspect. Anyone who's read Ina May will probably understand - that there IS a mental / psychological aspect to getting through labor without medication. Wanting that and not having the option do make it much more likely to happen, as well as having a good support system. I think the strongest part of the support system is believng in yourself and that you can do it. Also without a supportive (genuinely supportive of medication free birth) birth attendant, chances are so much higher that the birth will go the medicalized route. I don't think it has anything to do with 'being a hero'

I don't like the feeling that many discussions in real life and on these boards and others that because we may be of differing opinions on what we think we want, that anyone is cutting down anyone's else's choice or being judgemental. I'm sure there are some who are judgemental out there, but I really don't care what they think. Different experiences are all equally valid. I think many on both sides (either pro medication or anti) judge the other side and really polarize the discussion.

For instance a coworker of mine was telling me how much she recommended being induced and getting the epi as soon as they'll do it. I personally would never plan for my labor that way, but it worked for her. For her, if she didn't induce, her husband who drives a truck could have been halfway across the country when she went into labor. And it worked for her, she did the same thing again for her 2nd child, and she was satisfied with her birth experience. I was able, without judgment, to explain that I thought her experiencex was interesting, and went on to talk with her about my being with a midwife practice, desire for non medicated birth, belief in the physical process, and strong possibility of waterbirth. We both left the discussion with information we hadn't considered before.

All I'm saying is that there is knowledge to be gained from all kinds of experiences, as long as the people involved in the sharing aren't judgemental. Anyone I come across who seems judgemental or I anticipate resistance (my in-laws for instance) I give the absolute bare minimum of information to and do not engage in any discussions about my opinions. I think it's simpler that way. Keeping my mind focused on positive ideas and empowering information is part of going into the experience thinking positively that it's not a marathon to get through and get a medal, but a process that millions of women have gone through before me and that my body was designed to do. Yes, modern medicine has a place, and I am grateful that it is there if it should be needed, but I don't believe I'll necessarily need medical assistance at all. The 'cascade of nterventions' so common in today's L&D wards makes a lot of medicalization of birth seem necessary when it may have not been at all had the process happened more naturally.

But that's my opinion and I DO NOT at ALL intend to judge anyone who knows thy want the epi, are planning and induction or even planning a section. Those are all valid choices, jsu as planning to go med free then deciding to have the drugs. I don't plan on raising your baby and I don't plan on having your birth either. I think if we all focus on being supportive of each other we'll all be better off than if there is judgement and competition infused into the discussion.

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
One more thing - I think competition is a big part of the conflict with the labor debates. A friend of mine that writes a blog wrote about this - the competition that's just imbedded into the interations between some mothers. From day 1 they are doing nothing but one upping each other with sleep ours, rolling over, first teeth and the like. Or asking questions about developments in your child only to compare with their own. My friend's posts were about changing that discussion and moving away from those kinds of people, because it's just destructive instead of being the positive, uplifting experience being with another mother can be. I think this is a great supportive community so please don't take my comment the wrong way, I just thought it was really interesting, and I do think that the competition does begin even before the babies are here.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I was 21 weeks before I could feel kicks, and for DH, it was probably like 23, though he doesn't remember exactly. He always felt them best after I had fallen asleep at night (laying still like you). Our son always had a "wakeful" period in my tummy, just after I would go to sleep at night, and that is when DH would "talk to him".

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Monarch, please don't feel like you need to defend your choice, and I'm sorry to have started a debate. Actually, the main reason I ask is that here epidurals are still very uncommon; people either do it naturally or go for caesareans (under global anaesthesia). So I'm actually getting a lot of reaction from people for saying I might have an epidural (some as extreme as saying that things will go wrong and I'll be left permanent paralysed :errrr: ). Everybody here seems to think that if you're delivering vaginally there should be no pain relief, otherwise you're not "enough of a woman", and if they did it anyone can do it.

Anyway, I was just asking for my own information. I think I've said before on this thread that how each woman chooses to deliver is her own choice and she should never be made to feel that she is wrong for having made that choice.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
missrachelk|1337994674|3204002 said:
Oh the great epidural pain relief debate. Everyone walks their own path through life and will have their own opinion going into this life changing experience we call ahving a baby. Everyone will also experience that thing differently, regardless of their plans. Some women plan a homebirth with no options for medication and end up having to transfer to the hospital and get an epi. Some women labor so fast tehy're never able to ask for the meds (happened to a friend of mine!) My point is there are as many ways to approach the situation as there are possibilities in it.

I do agree with Monarch about the mental aspect. Anyone who's read Ina May will probably understand - that there IS a mental / psychological aspect to getting through labor without medication. Wanting that and not having the option do make it much more likely to happen, as well as having a good support system. I think the strongest part of the support system is believng in yourself and that you can do it. Also without a supportive (genuinely supportive of medication free birth) birth attendant, chances are so much higher that the birth will go the medicalized route. I don't think it has anything to do with 'being a hero'
You know, I walked into that hospital with no birth plan. I didn't want to convince myself that I had to have my birth go a certain way and then have it go completely opposite and be disappointed. The closest thing I had to a game plan was "do one thing until it's not working anymore". Did I want to go med free? Sure, if I could. Did I want to go without a C-section? Yeah!

Did I? No way.

I walked in there after my water broke. My contractions never started. I had to go on Pitocin after 8 hours of walking. Which made A's heart rate drop. So they messed with the amounts for a while, because as soon as they stopped the Pitocin, my contractions stopped. Finally they got it to a decent balance where I was on a little bit of Pitocin and her heart rate was ok, only thing was that I had to be on oxygen. Which I hated. At this point I got my epidural. Because when I walked into the hospital at 8am I was at 2cm. After laboring for over 15 hours, in agonizing pain from the contractions, I was still 2cm and 0% effaced. Because of the epidural, I was able to get 4 hours of sleep. In those 4 hours, I went to 10cm and 100%. Of course, no one could have predicted that she would express meconium, I would spike a fever, her head would get wedged in my pelvis and I would ultimately have to have a C section.

My point is, until you do it, you have no idea what to expect. In the past I had had meningitis and a spinal tap. The meningitis had me in such pain that I was puking from it. I remember the doctor and my parents talking about potential survival rates, I remember putting myself in what I can only describe as a trance. I'd had more than my fair share of other painful experiences.

I was not prepared for what was to come with childbirth. And I didn't even give birth vaginally! Sure, the human brain is incredibly powerful in regards to pain. I went to a very different place mentally when I had to have the spinal tap, where I'm not sure how conscious I was. Childbirth was different. I couldn't check out. I had thought I would have been able to deal with the pain better. I was wrong.

Am I disappointed? No. But I didn't have any expectations going into it.
Any regrets? Absolutely. If I could go back, I would have scheduled a c-section and avoided her being in the NICU for 2 days. Then I wouldn't have put her or my poor husband through everything.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Hi :wavey:

Yes, I'm still here and pregnant! Haha, just haven't checked in for a few days. Lots of stuff happening, so be prepared for a novel! At the growth ultrasound last week, baby was measuring 6lbs 14oz which is in the 49th percentile I believe and they were happy with that. Bad thing, the amniotic fluid was on the low end of normal at a 5. They don't like anything below 5 so they were a little worried that the level dropped from 10.6 to 5 in a week. So, off to labor and delivery I went. I had an NST scan scheduled there anyway, but she said she wanted them to keep me at least 3 hours on the monitors. Well, when I got there the doctor on duty decided to keep me overnight. They gave me an IV with fluids later to try to raise the amniotic fluid level (made me pee way more and was supposed to make baby pee more which would add to the fluid level). I also started ANOTHER 24 hour urine collection the next morning. So anyway I was to have another ultrasound done at the hospital that morning to check the levels again. I was told that whether I would be induced depended on that fluid level. Well, it only went to 5.16. They still wouldn't induce me, I figured this would be enough along with my elevated blood pressures. I guess they would only worry if the level went down. I was checked again and 0 dilated, still soft, and not as posterior anymore. She said if anything worsens then I would be good to go with the gel to induce labor if need be. So I was sent home with new instructions. I am now doing 2 NSTs a week along with the weekly ob appointment and AFI ultrasound. I was to go in to L&D once the 24 hour urine was done, get hooked up to the monitors and wait for the results. They did a quick urine dip when I got there and I had a trace of protein. So I was thinking "Oh crap, here we go this is it!". The urine results came back at 205, anything above 300 is bad. So she said even with some protein showing up, it's not enough to induce yet. Things are just "okay" for now, but if the protein level goes over 300, I have more elevated blood pressure, or the fluid level drops again then they'll take steps on induction. She said it's more beneficial to keep the baby in right now even though it would most likely be fine if I was to deliver early. She said with the additional monitoring they'd be able to catch something quickly if it started to go bad. Sooo that's it. Oh and when I was discharged from my overnight stay, I walked out to my car and HELLO flat tire!!! Seriously??? That so did not help keep me calm haha. I called DH and he said he'd come take care of it after work, so I called my cousin to come pick me up. It took her 40 mins to get there, but anyway I made it home safe and the flat tire repair was free because I paid for road hazard warranty when I bought my tires in 2010. I must have ran over a screw at some point.

Sorry for not writing to anyone in particular, I'm so behind with that. I've been reading along though!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Oy, I think I'll stay out of this debate only to say I don't think anyone on here expressed judgment toward anyone else's decisions. I think Dani reacted to the pyschological/mental comment due to her occupational experiences and meant to say that you are not weak mentally or psychologically if you change your mind and opt for pain management once you are really experiencing what labor is like. At the same time, I agree that if you are going to have a natural childbirth, you need to be mentally/psychologically prepared and fully committed to it, or it probably won't happen. I wish everybody luck with whatever path you choose!

Missy, please take care of yourself and take it as easy as possible. It's good you are being monitored so closely and hopefully you can keep that baby baking as long as it is safe. I'm sorry you're dealing with all that. I bet it is scary.

Rachel, I'm 20 weeks, and I'm not feeling any movement. I too have tried to lie really still and feel my belly, but when I do that I only feel the pulse in my hand. A couple of times I have felt a slight gurgle or pop at random times, but then I inevitably figure out it was just digestion related. We can't be too far away from unmistakeable movement, but it is so hard to wait, isn't it?

Kunzite, so happy to hear your babies are doing so well, but I'm really sorry that it sounds like you'll need a c-section. Hoping your babies are nice and calm and content babies to make you and your husband's job a little easier when they arrive!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!! :appl:

Oh geez, I really didn't mean to start a debate at all....I think MP hit the nail on the head- I was just speaking from my experience in my career and did not mean to be judgmental in any way. I wish all of you the best of luck with your labor & deliveries!!!!!

MP, don't worry about not feeling movement yet. I haven't felt any either. I also have an anterior placenta, so I'd imagine I will not feel it for at least a few more weeks.

AFM, I'm feeling fine. MH says I'm definitely starting to get a little belly, but to me, I just look chubbier!!!! But I'm happy, because MP, we are halfway through the pregnancy!!! YAY!!! 20 wks down, 20 wks to go. I think within the next couple of weeks my Mom & I will hit the stores and start looking for nursery furniture and order the glider, which I know can take 2-3 months to come in. I think its a little too early now, but I think in about 4-6 wks we will be ok to at least start narrowing down and ordering some stuff. I also need to start the registry, because the family will be throwing me a shower at the end of August, beginning of Sept, so that should be fun.

Anyway, everyone have a great long weekend!!!! ENJOY!!! :appl: :appl:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Missrachel- it was around 21/22 weeks or so. Before that point I would feel random flutters, but it took a while to feel actual kicks. My OB said to expect it around 20-22 weeks as that was pretty right on.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My water broke last night, have been in the hospital for 12 hours. Doing well. See you on the flip side!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Yayyy, Monnie!!! :appl: Can't wait for updates!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Uh oh here comes the next round of babies!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear the news Monnie!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Ladies, my whole "being a hero" comment I think is being misinterpreted so I want to clarify. I have a girlfriend who is a marathon runner and did not under any means want anything to do with an epidural. She felt that because she was a runner, mentally she was going to be able to do it. She ended up having a long labor and chose to get the epidural. After she came home and started telling us friends her birth story and how she had to get the epi, she said that she felt depressed and deflated that she had to go that route and that she thought she could have been stronger. This is my point on "don't be a hero". What I mean is that...don't think you are weak if you end up going that route and don't feel that people will think you are weak if you end up having to get one. As women and mothers, we all end up having guilt at some point. Either guilt about going back to work or not, or doing enough with your kids etc etc. So just be as flexible as you can within reason on labor and delivery. Disappointment in yourself is not something that you want to experience during such a wonderful moment of bringing your little one into this world. I am totally supportive of women who want to go the natural route and if you can, I applaud you.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck Monnie :appl:

mayerling - I believe noel went through something similar (I believe she's Dutch) so maybe go back and read through her old posts. I'm pretty sure she got an epi too.

MP - thank you, I try to remind myself that these babies won't be little clones of O!! I hope your bean starts moving for you soon!!

Missy - happy to hear you're holding steady. How many weeks are you now? I'm surprised they want your protein under 300. My 24 hour result was 396 and they told me to just be better about staying in bed and drinking water. My sample at my OB appt this week was actually 2+ and they almost made me do the 24 hour again but he decided I could skip it since my BP was nice and low. Maybe that's the difference since my BP has been normal.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Kunzite - I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow. I've only gotten high bp readings at the office, never in the hospital. So, I'm just hanging on over here waiting for something to happen! I've been reading a little online and people who aren't dilated or effaced at all seem to progress really slowly when it comes to inductions and sometimes leads to c-sections since the process continues on for so long. Not sure how true/accurate that is.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! I was planning to join the just barely pregnant psers but never got around to it and now I'm 15 weeks! :) this is mine and dh first baby. I'm due November 17. We are just so excited and happy since we thought we wouldn't be able to get pregnant without the help of IVF and we did...it was a long road to get here..but everything has gone pretty good so far! I've just kind of went with the flow and accepted any symptoms I got because I was just so happy to be pregnant :) we have our gender reveal party on June 10 so we are excited to find out what we are having! I've been lucky because my MIL is my midwife for now until we move and I get extra ultrasounds when I have my normal OB checkups on top of the ones from the specialist and the other night MIL brought home a Doppler so I could hear the baby's heartbeat since I'd been sick(thanks to my hubby!). Hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Blondebunny!!! You're so lucky to have your MIL as your midwife and get peeks at the baby more often! I saw you said June 10th (that's my due date by the way :bigsmile:) is your reveal party, but when do you actually find out? So exciting! We decided to wait til birth for the surprise, so we're getting really anxious to know what our baby is after all this time!!

And and forgot to tell all of you... we have our girl names for sure. Lacey Marie, Hailey Marie(or Haley, not sure which way yet), and Adrianne Marie. Marie is my mom's middle name and it just happened to fit pretty well with our first name picks too. DH and I both like the name Blake for a boy and I suggested Nathan, but not too sure because our last name starts with an 'N' too, but DH said it sounds fine to him. So we'll see about that. No middle names yet. Boy names are hard for us!!! :loopy:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results