shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
congrats jas...guess we'll be hanging out here together again. I'm due in late October. Totally not paying attention to this pregnancy at all this time around, so time is flying.

NEL: I know you are itching to join this thread...so might as well now..it's all the same in the end and I'm sure all the new beans will be sticky ones :). I read up on the other thread about your m/s, it might pass quickly so don't be discouraged. Don't make youself eat stuff, just eat what sounds good--that's the best way to manage it. I snacked alot oF random food at my desk.

DD & Kay: how are you new 2nd time mommies doing? I was on vacay for a week so a bit behind ON all the posts but am thinking of you.

AFM: just plugging along..I seriously had to look for an internet site to calcuate how far along I am ...24 weeks! Just came back from an awesome vacation on MV, great weather but not too many people..just like I like it, haha. Was great for C's age. I even biked 5 miles which is good for me considering I'm not much of an exerciser! Feeling fine but lots on my to do list. Luckily lots of time off coming up and it's a fun age with my toddler. Still working on names for #2 though...Charlotte, Annabelle, Lilly, Ashley are some maybes. I love the name Sophie but we have way too many friends with girls under age of 3 with that name or a variation! We have a long last name so gotta play around with combos! Hope everyone else is doing well and very excited for Basil and Mrs....woo hoo!!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1309398322|2958592 said:
basil I would not take my newborn to a party. You likely will not really be able to stand and have the enegy to mingle 1-2 weeks post partum either. Your DH's boss is a loon to think you will be able to. I had a great labour and now at 1 week post partum still get crampy and tired from walking a block or two. Not to mention getting so little sleep. So basically, don't go to a party that soon. Whether your DH wants to make an excuse at the time or say reschedule depends on his own relationship with his boss. But NIX option 2 all the way.

Ditto to Dreamer, and add that you really don't want a newborn around that many germy people.

Congrats Jas!!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
congrats DREAMER and KAY!!!

jas, YAY!!!! congrats mama!! super excited for you. wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I took Violet out to a house party/BBQ whem she was like 3 weeks...maybe 10 people total though and she slept the whole time almost ans stayed in her carseat for some of it..people stayed fairly far away from her...and I have great recoveries so being there didn't bother me at all....

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Janine, you're probably right about joining this thread sooner rather than later. I'll probably start posting more after my first u/s. Until I see proof that I'm pregnant and everything is looking good, I'm convinced that it's all in my head or the embryo drifted into my left biceps or something equally embarrassing.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
hi all - it's only been about a year or so since i have posted, but wanted to share the news :)
Also, i think i am having pricescope withdraws since i have been lurking the last few months, and on top of that will be searching for a wedding band, possibly as a push present :)

expected due date is Nov 21st. I am thinking that it is a boy (due to old wives tales and intuition) but we'll find out friday the 8th at 420pm!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
jcarlylew|1309715359|2961172 said:
hi all - it's only been about a year or so since i have posted, but wanted to share the news :)
Also, i think i am having pricescope withdraws since i have been lurking the last few months, and on top of that will be searching for a wedding band, possibly as a push present :)

expected due date is Nov 21st. I am thinking that it is a boy (due to old wives tales and intuition) but we'll find out friday the 8th at 420pm!

Congratulations!!!! :appl:

Wow a lot of the former LIWs are expecting (you, Freke, and Elle)!!! Awesome!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! i know - it was unexpected but pretty awesome! elle and i are due within a couple weeks of eachother too!

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Hello my fellow pregnant Mamas! Happy 4th! I have a lot to catch up on with all of the beautiful babies and new pregnancies around here. So much good excitement!

Congrats and welcome to NEL!

Welcome back Jcarly and Jas!

Sara: Love the name Leora Devereux. Congrats on team Pink!

Mrs: Guess you are up next! I can commiserate with the fatigue and tingling hands and feet. Oh the joy of late pregnancy. Glad you have an end date in sight.

Basil! Glad you are feeling well and baby is growing well and happy! And late congrats on being an attending already! As for the work situation, I would not go. 2 weeks seems way too early (and the prospect of just a few days seems unthinkable) to go to that party. It is different if people visit you at your house and wash their hands before seeing the little guy but taking such a young baby to a party with all of the potential exposures doesn't seem like a good idea.

DCG: Glad the move went well and you are feeling more settled. Sorry about the unfortunate Dr., hopefully the stars align and they won't be there to deliver you. Sounds like you got some awesome classes. We did a 4 week childbirth series since I didn't think DH could make it a whole day and he did well, but we are doing a 6 hour Newborn/Breastfeeding class in 2 weeks so we shall see how that goes. Can't wait to see pics of the nursery!

Mayachel: Sorry about the nausea. Mine was pretty awful and FINALLY got better around 14 weeks. Zofran was a savior for me. Enjoy those pregnancy massages. Not sure if yours does but I found out about halfway through that my insurance covers up to 15 massages which has saved me quite a bit of $!

DD: Love the pics of your adorable Sons! Congrats again!

Kay: Hope the procedure went well and Lauren is nursing better and less pain for you.

Charbie: Sorry about DH and the blood clots, glad he is feeling better and safe at home now. Love that baby bump!

:wavey: to anyone I missed

AFM: I have been having PS withdrawal b/c work has been insane and I did the crazy thing of signing up for a whole bunch of nights at the hospital to get them out of the way before baby Stella comes. I have 9 more left and my last night is July 12th so I will finish up this chaos at 36 weeks 5 days! It has been hard physicall since my hips are killing me and sleeping is tough, but I keep reminding myself it is SO much easier to do this with the baby inside and that keeps me motivated! We are SO close to being done with the nursery so I will post pics soon. Sometimes I just sit on the nursery floor in awe that soon our daughter will be joining us. DH and I are going to have a relaxing 4th girlling outside today and planting some flowers. Happy 4th to those in the US!

ms 35 wks 2 days.png

charbie

Ideal_Rock
've gotten behind...again. Happy 4th of July to my USA preggo PS friends!

MS: you're looking great lady! Sorry work is kicking ur a$$, but yay for a light at the end of the tunnel. You're in the home stretch now! Also, can't wait to see nursery pictures....I love baby rooms!

Sara: I had a dance teacher with Devereux as her last name, and think it is just beautiful. Very pretty combination!

Jcarly: congrats! Have fun at the upcoming anatomy u/s. That's when things really started to take off for me in this whole pregnancy thing ;-)

janine: I can't even believe you're 24 weeks! I know you announced a little later, but dang! All of those names are great. I loved Lily, had dreamt about having a daughter named Lily forever. Unfortunately, we were in the same situation as you with Sophies... I know of 4 Lily's IRL born in the past 2 months! :o

jas: congratulations! I lurked during your first pregnancy....very excited for you!

Basil: way for DHs boss to put you in a tough spot! Ugh! Id suggest #3. Have DH just mention that you'd rather wait until the baby is a bit older before being around a lot of people. She should hopefully understand and maybe you can offer to bring the baby up to DHs work one day just to run in and meet the boss without lots of people being around? And im also experiencing the waaaaay high baby....kicks are all in my ribs and I swear she hits me in the boob!

Mrs: sorry you've had some discomfort, but glad you're now finding relief! I was curious about ur date in the Preggos in Waiting thread....it seemed a bit off to me ;-) almost there!

DC: no biggie on the pics ;-) just razzing ya! Hopefully you'll get a better doc when the time comes. How fun that DH is so close to joining you....just in time for the babes to make her appearance!

And a big hello if I've left anyone out....phone is not the easiest to type on.

AFM: thanks all for the well wishes for DH. It has been a whirlwind this past month, but we are semi settled into our new home and I am loving it. We picked out paint for the baby room, so we can start it for real this week. Its a pretty pinkish lavendar. And im ordering some vinyl decals that are flowers to line the bottom of the room and some really cute butterflies, too :) we bought the crib/changing table/dresser today. We got a great deal thanks to the set going on clearance...yay! I'm also in the same boat with basil and the awful heartburn. If I don't get my zantac, I pay the price dearly in the middle of the night.
10 weeks left for me...unless this little girl makes an early appearance!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
only 3 more "get up" days, or, 68 more hours till my appointment. not that i am counting.
MS - you look absolutely wonderful!!!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone. This pregnancy was not meant to be. I'm down, of course, but I never quite felt fully pregnant this time around and I guess at some level I knew this probably was not going to happen this time around.

I'll stick around, and after a good cry or two.

Sorry to be a downer, just wanted to explain before I posted I was preggo and then disappeared.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, jas. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. *hugs*

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Hump Day Ladies,

I hope you all in the US enjoyed your July 4th and long weekends and now short work week. Hopefully it is moving at a good pace. And for our new US ladies, I hope you are having a good week too. It looks like we have had an influx of new preggo mamas join us, so let me get down to it.

Basil - Yeah, I think anyone of us (you, me and Mrs) could go soon, but we shall see... As for the DH being home, yes, it is so very nice :bigsmile: . It makes me more at ease to have him here should Ms Sophia choose to grace us with her presence and of course I love not being alone all the time. I also got to almost finish up the nursery. More on that in a bit.It sounds like you have been super efficient with the nursery and planting and getting the house in order. I am so glad its all coming together and hope that your last few weeks of working continue to be calm. As for your latest appt, how nice to know you are having a 7 lb'er and that he is good position. Sounds like an ideal setup. I have to get the GBS test on Friday. I am hoping it won't be too bad, especially considering I am suffering from the other H word right now :errrr: As for the baby shower from your DH's boss, I think it's pretty unreasonable to expect that you would be ready to party and have your LO passed around like a hot potato so soon after his birth. While I understand your DH doesn't want to turn down such a generous offer, he needs to look out for your and the baby's best interest, so he either needs to gracefully decline or suggest a later date.

Mrs - July 27 is only 3 weeks away, woohoo for you! And you never know, maybe your little man will choose to arrive a bit earlier. Either way, fingers crossed for you. I am sorry that you are miserable, but just a longer lady. As for that dr, I probably wouldn't have scheduled everything had it not been for him, but now I don't want to get stuck seeing him all the time :knockout: I do look forward to meeting the other doctors in the practive though, since the other two I met have been really nice.

Sarahbear - Either spelling is still very pretty and I think it's a lovely name, very ladylike indeed.

LV - Thanks for sharing the story. You poor thing, I forgot that you were so late and that labor was such a long, drawn out process, ugh. But, I guess at the end of the day, you just want that LO out, so it probably won't matter who is catching at that point, lol. Btw, I do lurk in the NB thread and Samantha is too cute!

Jas - I am so sorry that the pregnancy was not meant to be, but I wish you and DH comfort during this clearly difficult time and hope that you will be back here soon. Big hus my dear.

Skippy - Thanks for the kind words. Just a few weeks left and Sophia and I will join you over on the NB thread. Btw, how are the boys doing? Is the LO closer to coming home soon?

Lliang - Thanks for the well wishes and we look forward to having you over here once you are ready to drop in. Lots of sticky dust for you too!

Janine - Almost in the third trimester, good for you! As for the vaca, I am so jealous. I really wish DH and I had some time to get away just the two of us, but oh well, I guess another time. On the name front, I vote for Annabelle or Charlotte, but I don't think you could go wrong with any of those names. Have fun with the name game.

Jcarly - Welcome to the preggo thread :wavey: How exciting that you get to find out the sex already. Please do let us know what you find out on Friday :bigsmile:

Modern - Glad to see you back in here lady. Good for you and DH for making it through your class ok. And big ups for doing the breastfeeding class. I should probably do one too, but I am settling for some books instead since we have such little time left. I am sorry about the multiple night shifts, but I think its a good idea to get them out of the way before the LO arrives. Btw, I love the name Stella. My sis has claimed that name, but if not, it would have definitely been in the running for us. And OMG, you are all belly girl, what a cute preggo you are!

Charbie - Yep, hubbie is home and all is well! :bigsmile: I am so happy to hear that DH is on the mend and that you both are doing well. Yeah for finding baby furniture on sale, I love getting a good deal! And I'm sure the room will look lovely once its set up and painted. I have attached a pic of our almost finished nursery below (finally)...Btw, I thank God for the Zantac too. What in the world would we do without it?

AFM - I am trucking along and am looking forward to being 36 weeks tomorrow and less than a month away from D-Day! :appl: Not that I don't love being pregnant and feeling my little girl all the time, but I would love to nix the HB and other H-word and sleep without the assistance of many pillows and such. Oh well, I am sure there are many other fun symptoms to look forward to post partum, but right now, I am looking forward to meeting this little lady and seeing waht she looks like :naughty: So this weekend was not exactly relaxing, as we went down to SoFla to finish moving my mom and sis into their new place, but we did get a BBQ in on Sunday night with some friends and family, so that was cool. I also got the mattress for the crib and the changing pad for the dresser, so that brings the nursery much closer to complete, yeah! I have attached one pic, but the rest are in the nursery thread. DH and I also got a king mattress for our room, as we need a new bed in the second guest room and figured we might as well upgrade with the LO coming. We still need sheets and a comforter set, but I think we will have it set up before the end of the weekend. Anywho, I have a meeting in a few, so I need to be moving along, but I hope you all enjoy your day and I look forward to the continued updates.

IMAG0046.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Jas, Hugs to you my friend. I'm thinking about you and your family. We're here for you.

DC, your nursery looks great (popping over to the nursery thread now). So glad your DH is back with you. What a relief! Hope everything is going well for you.

~LC

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas I am so sorry honey, hugs to you.

DC You might not be a month to d-day if your LO comes at 37 weeks like Ryder did :rodent: Just sayin'... hee hee. Don't get into my position and wake up in labour and realize you have nothing ready! haha!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Jas- sorry to hear about your loss. Its never easy, but hopefully you'll be ready to try again soon.
Dreamer- im freaking out about what I would do if this bebe comes early! I can tell my body has gone into nesting mode, I want everything clean and done NOW...dishwasher is clean? Empty it now! Some dog fur is on the floor? Scrub the whole thing! Im trying to get the nursery painted this week at least, so ill feel a bit better once we can put the furniture in there.
Dc- the nursery looks great! We are using butterflies and etsy vinyl decals, too. They are so darn cute, how can you help but want to buy everything? Zantac is my BFF at the moment, and I had a freak out moment the other night thinking I had run out. I would have cried. And I hear you too on the pillow towers...we just got a new king bed and it.is.heaven.
Jcarly- I hope the baby cooperates! My friend had her anatomy scan a few weeks ago, and sadly the babe slept on his back and would not budge. They got a free u/s a few weeks later tho.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Jas I'm sorry honey. I suffered a m/c with my first pregnancy and I know it can be devastating. Thinking of you!

DC- THe nursery is beautiful.

AFM- We just ordered our nursury bedding on Etsy through Buttercup Forest. It should be here later this month so I'm hoping it will be fabulous. We are using white sheets that we already have left over from DS. I' m trying to find some wall art to put up but I can't seem to find anything I love. I dont' want it to be too matchy matchy if you know what i mean.

LeoraBedding.jpg

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
jas - i am so sorry. my thoughts are with you and your family.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Jas - so sorry to hear...I wish you the best and that you'll be back here soon

Sarah - love the bedding! But no good suggestions, sorry!

Dreamer - did you have any indication that you might go early? Like lots of BH contractions, baby dropping or whatnot? I have to say it's one of my big fears...but I still think with the baby still way up in my chest cavity, there's little chance he'll be here before August! But I guess you can never really tell.

DC - I said in the other thread - love your nursery! And you inspired me to post pictures of my own finally. The GBS test isn't bad, it only takes about 0.3 seconds. It's not the most comfy thing in the world of course, but it's just a Q-tips so not too bad. Are you starting to wrap things up at work? I wish I could say I was but I don't think I've really gotten my head around not being there in a few weeks. I don't know that I'm really ready for the whole labor/delivery/having a newborn thing, but I sure am ready to not have heartburn anymore! Even taking Zantac every day and Tums, I'm still waking up at night with pain and having to take more Tums. We went out for Indian food the other night and I swear it nearly killed me!

jcarly - congratulations! I was super nervous for my first appointment...I think the doctor thought I didn't want the baby or something. Good luck!

Modern - Aww, your bump is so cute! Yuck on so many overnight shifts, but it's a great idea finishing up before having the baby. I'm doing the same thing, though I don't think my call is that bad compared to yours...I'm taking the next 2 weeks on call but then I won't have any call until January after the baby. Much better to get it over with, I think. I totally do the same thing with sitting in the nursery and trying to imagine a real baby there - except I don't sit on the floor cause then it's hard to get up! :lol:

Mrs - how is everything going? Only 3 more weeks for you!

Anyway, sorry to anyone I missed!

Thanks everyone for the input on the party. I told DH no way and he could decide whether to tell his boss now or later. I guess he told her now cause he emailed today asking if Labor day would be a more appropriate time for the party...baby should be ~4-5 weeks then so I feel a lot more comfortable with that.

Going weekly now...my next appointment is tomorrow. My friends say they will start doing internal exams which I'm not so much looking forward to. I'm betting there is nothing much going on, but we'll see! Can't believe that he will be considered full term on Sunday!

Have a few things left on the list still to do - the big one is getting the carseat checked at the police station. But the nursery is all ready to go so I'm happy about that. What are you all packing to go to the hospital? I packed up some onesies, baby socks, sun hat, and an A&A muslin swaddle blanket, but I don't really have a true "going home" outfit despite all the baby clothes I have. For myself, my mom bought me some nursing PJs and I got a few bras. Other than toiletries, socks, undies - anything else I need? I just realized I need to charge and pack the camera! Computer?

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
jas -- sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you are back soon.

modern-- you look FABO!

basil -- I'm just chiming in to tell you to bring music (if that's your thing) and something to put on when people stop by. Like a robe or something. And I wouldn't recommend bringing too many baby things. If you are delivering at a hospital, they'll give you a bunch of free stuff, including lots of swaddle blankets, little Tshirts, diapers, etc. I made the mistake of bringing 2 outfits like everyone told me (in case the baby didn't fit into newborn) but it's pretty rare that a baby doesn't fit into NB on the trip home. Plus I brought a whole bunch of baby things that I didn't need, and I regret that because I had to unpack it all and all I wanted to do was love on my little critter!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a feeling the baby would come early. DH and I actually told our midwife at my 34 week appointment that we thought I would not go full term ;)) But no, I did not really have a definitive indication.

But there were a lot of signs. I think on some level you just *know*, and even more so when it is your second child. The morning before the night my water broke, I had an emotional breakdown which also happened the day I went into labour with Hunter (I don't usually break down so it was uncharateristic), and that day I got reviews back on a manuscript and thought to myself "I wish I could get these done today in case I go into labour tonight!" 8) And then that evening while I watched TV I was having a lot of very regular and strong "BH contractions", which I did think were coming awefully close together and rhythmically ::) But I didn't make too much of it all. Then went to bed and woke at 3am with a gush! Still, all told, it was a surprise. It was lucky full-on labour did not begin until 8pm that night because I was able, with my mom's help, to get the co-sleeper ready, dig out the newborn baby clothing, and basically get things ready!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
jas, I'm so sorry...... :blackeye: (((HUGS)))

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Jas: I'm so sorry - I hope to see you back here soon.

DD: sounds like you are doing well! I hope I'm not early, if LO shows up 3 wks early we will have 2bdays and an anniversary on the same day/week!

Charbie: glad the hubs is feeling better. I hear ya on the nesting although I'm not actually doing anything, lol. I'm starting to lose interest in Lily just b/c it's so popular! We'll see, I need DH to give some input!

Mrs: how are you doing?

DCG: eek you are so close! Check in regularly! Love the nursery.

Basil: you are uber prepared, last time around I didn't even pack a bag in time. I did have an outfit that DH brought but just stayed in sweats or whatever was baggy! We are looking into a part time nanny (I think you asked this awhile back) since my mom will still watch for a few days and I have one day WFH. I should get DD#1 into a preschool too, but just not sure how to make it all work since the baby will show up in the fall -it's alot of change at once!

Modern: you are looking good!!

AFM: 25 weeks and getting nervous! Realize 3 or so months isn't that far and it goes so fast when it's summer! We are in a better position than last time (we have a house, room for the baby, clothes and items from DD#1) but I have a long to do list that hasn't gotten smaller. We also need to get DD#1 in a big girl bed, potty trained and paint the nursery, etc. eek! I'm feeling good otherwise but have this rib pain when I'm sitting for long periods (work). I am gaining plenty of weight and it's really annoying! I wonder if it's just how it is or if I'm eating too many sweets (which I just can't stop completely). I can't resist the lemonade either in the summer..I tend to eat what I want when not preggo but it seems to be adding alot more lbs when I am preggo! First time around this was all very cute to me, but not this time, lol! Can't complain otherwise, I haven't stopped any of my normal activities and so far summer heat hasn't gotten to me.

Hope everyone else is well - Kay check in when you can!

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Jas: So sorry about your loss. Thinking of you.

Charbie: Sounds like you are making great progress on the nursery. If you have some butterfly accents, I would recommend checking out pottery barn right now. We got a BEAUTIFUL butterfly mobile made of feathers in many pastel colors and it was on sale. We also got some accent butterflies with the same pattern.

DCG: Love the nursery. The tree decal is awesome. I need to look at more pics in the nursery thread!

Sarah: very pretty pink and green pattern!

Basil: Sorry about the heartburn. Thats funny about not sitting in the nursery, DH does have to help me up when I sit in there. Our glider comes in this weekend so that will certainly help. Ditto to the others about a robe for you for the hospital. You will want that and maybe slippers to walk in and wear when people come visit.

Janie: Congrats on 25 weeks. I feel like that was so long ago... I was so much more comfortable then. I know you know this, but enjoy it!

Hope all is well with everyone else! Off to work and excited to be 35 weeks tomorrow!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
well ladies - i am already in trouble... It is a Girl!!! :shock: I was convinced 100000% that (she) would be a boy. However, now that I want to get back into sewing, looks like i will have a million cute outfits to make! bring on the swirly skirts!

Now, off to find a new nursery idea (originally, for the BOY it was going to be nautical themed). I am leaning towards an underwater theme, with lots of bright oranges, blues, greens, yellows and purples.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vrooom.... quick drive by! I've been trying to keep up, and I have read everyones posts, but I don't have time to respond to everyone today! I hope to catch up soon!! :)

Jcar - Glad to see you stopped back in! Yay for Team Pink!! We are due exactly one week apart!

I'm half baked today! Yay 20 weeks! Quick bump shot!

20%20weeks%203.jpg

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
JCarly - Congratulations on a little girl! I just scheduled our anatomy scan today (to be done on my husband's birthday next month), and can't wait to find out what we're having.

Elle - Cute bump shot! My belly is only the tiniest bit smaller than you, even though I'm 6 weeks behind. I'll blame it on twins to make myself feel better. :)

I'm 14 weeks along today, and figured it was time to move to the "big" pregnancy thread. So far I'm feeling pretty good. The mild, occasional morning sickness I had before is subsiding, and my gag reflex, while still pretty sensitive, isn't as bad as it's been. My doctor's main concern at this point is monitoring my blood pressure (it's been measuring a little higher than normal since I found out I was pregnant). Other than that, I've put on 3 lbs total so far, but I'm looking pretty pregnant. None of my clothes fit anymore, except for some looser fitting tunic style tops (long enough to disguise the fact that an elastic hairband is the only thing keeping my pants shut). I might have to break down this weekend and buy some maternity clothes...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results