shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Cupcake, gosh, I am so sorry to hear about DH's accident. I will send healing vibes his way for sure!! *hugs*

Icekid!!! Squeeeeeeeeeee!!! I am so excited, can't wait to see pics of little baby O!! I will absolutely share the news from any FB updates I see tomorrow!! :) I actually just posted on your wall over there before I came over here to check for any updates, hehe. BEST OF LUCK, I hope everything goes nice and smooth and fast for you!!!

Noel - OMG, how exciting!! She will be here sooo soon!! Do you think you'll go into labor before the induction?? Any mama intuition telling you one way or another?

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I just took 7 pregnancy tests and they are all positive!!!!!!!!!!! Completely shocked. DH made us go out and buy three different brands, but still the same result.

I can't really believe it. We stopped preventing a while back but we've been so busy I haven't really been thinking about it. I don't really even know when my last period was, I'm that much of an idiot. I think maybe like 6 weeks ago but I really don't recall the exact timing. I'm a doctor, geez, I should really know better! Ob was my least favorite rotation in med school, I didn't pay real close attention.

The timing will turn out to be good for us, though, I guess I should be due sometime in the summer. I finish my fellowship at the end of June, and I was planning to take a few months off anyway.

Now I feel bad about my sporadic taking of prenatal vitamins, my martinis at Thanksgiving, my diet coke habit, holy moly!

I don't have an ob/gyn (again, kind of idiotic). I guess I need to ask my friend to recommend someone but they'll figure it out immediately. How soon do I have to get seen?

geri

Shiny_Rock
Noel - So exciting that your little girl will be with you in just over a week!! Such a belssing after all you have been through. Wishing you all the best for the birth and sending you positive vibes for your treatment and recovery.

Cupcake - Gosh, I'm so sorry for you and poor DH. Sending you lots of dust - you could really use a break.

Icekid- So exciing that Jumper will be here tomorrow!! Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Basil - Congratulations and welcome!

Hello to everyone else. Can't wait to meet all the December babies soon. Hope everyone is well.

AFM- we just got back from a week in Queensland (hi Deelight!!) for our babymoon. Had my first ever helicopter ride and went snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef. Great fun. Everything was going great till my OB appointment at just over 30 weeks today to find out my fundal height hasn't changed in 3 weeks and I'm measuring small :(( I have to go for an ultrasound on Thursday to make sure the little one is okay. Hopefully it is just that she has changed position from last time (transverse rather than head down) but will definitely feel better after Thursday.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Noel: Woohoo on a birthday!!!! So exciting!

Cupcake: OMG!! Sending thoughts to you and your husband!

Basil: Congrats!!! I wound up waiting to see my doctor until I was around 8-9 weeks (Which they recommended). But since you aren't 100% sure when you will reach that...you might want to guestimate....haha. I also didn't have a doctor...and got the confirmation from my GP first...and then took a recommendation from a friend/coworker and just went with them--and luckily I love my doctors!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats basil. i was seen at 6w but typically i think they want you to wait til 8w. since we weren't really trying til then, i just wanted to be sure things were looking ok.

icekid... pre-congrats lady..! hope your labor is swift, smooth and painless. :naughty:

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Geri there are some really beautiful places up north - I would love to see the barrier reef one day (sad I know I live in QLD) sounds like you had an awesome time :)

Hope your Ob appointment goes well - on the positive side you get to see your little one again :)

Basil Congrats and welcome to the thread :) here in Australia you see a OB around about 11-12wks and I did not see mine until I was about 14-15 wks as he was on leave but I was okay to wait I think the states the timeframes are different.

So today officially changed my health cover from singles to familes to cover the LO (DH freaked at the price) did my pre-admission interview (apparently I have a good chance of natural delivery cause I am tall and my OB prefers to do it naturally) and booked antenatal classes - I was lucky there was a cancellation and I got into a weekend class so I will be about a month away from my due date when I do the class but it is a whole weekend morning kind of deal which works for me and DH :) kinda excited - every little step forward just brings it one step closer to be really real :o

I also have a new cool pub trick I can do with my belly button where I can go from an innie to an outie - freaks DH out makes me laugh that it freaks him out LOL

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Cupcake- how horrible! I hope he gets to see his surgeon soon.

Icekid- Good luck tomorrow!

Basil- congrats and welcome. I think most docs see you at around 8 weeks, and if you aren't sure when your last period was I'd probably try to find one sooner rather than later. I believe earlier ultrasounds are more accurate for dating/edd purposes.

Geri- fingers crossed for your ultrasound. I snorkeled the Great Barrier Reef about 10 years ago- it's a gorgeous place!

Noel- As always I am inspired by your positive attitude. I love the quilt you did! How excciting that in just over a week you will meet your little girl!

Not much new here. Just in the last week and a half or so the movements have gone from "fluttering" to full fledge kicking. It's so strange. Baby A kicks me more but I think Baby B is positioned so that when he kicks, he kicks Baby A. And I think one of them might have had hiccups this morning but I'm not real sure on that. In other news, my husband is having ankle surgery tomorrow (great timing huh?) He broke his ankle in May (compound tib fib fracture and bimalleolar fracture for those of you who are medical) and is still having stiffness/pain/range of motion limitations so they are doing some tendon work/arthroscopy and a tendon release. Hopefully all goes well. We are looking at about a 6 week recovery.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
ICE!!!!!!!!!! best wishes for tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Basil-Congrats

tiffany- :love: so excited for you and your little ninjas!!!!!

geri-the babymoon sounds awesome!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, just when I thought this thread couldn't get busier!!!

Blen - Sorry, I think I forgot to welcome and congratulate you!! Wishing you a H & H 8/9 months!!

Basil - Congrats to you as well!!! 7?!? That's a lot of BFP's!! I think I saw my OB around 8 weeks also. So this is your first child as well?

ICEKID!!! Today's the big day!!!! Tons of easy delivery dust! Sorry your mom won't be there, though - what a bummer. I can't wait to hear the birth story, and finally see little Jumper!!! haha - it doesn't seem like it was that long ago you gave him that nickname!!

Noel - I'm sorry to hear you have to undergo another surgery (post-baby). Keep that positive attitude, and you'll be just fine ::) Dec 8th!! That's just around the corner!! It's sure gonna be a baby boom around here soon!!! And it's so exciting that it's coupled with a bunch of newly preggos, too.

Deelight - lol @ your cool pub trick! My button's still in! I freaked out my DH by talking about looking out for my mucous plug. He was like 'Ew', and I told him he better man up - if the thought of a little snotty plug grosses him out, what's he think the birth's gonna be like?! haha

LV - 34 weeks! Congrats! Um, our car seat is sitting by the front door. I told DH it HAS to be installed by this weekend! Granted, it *is* dark and freezing cold by the time he gets home from work, but still... Re: dropping - have you been taking belly pics? You could probably tell if you have!

Geri - the babymoon sounds like it was awesome!! Dust for your ultrasound!

Cupcake - Geez, your poor DH!! What an awful string of bad luck you've had. Wishing him a speedy recovery, and wishing the two of you some GOOD luck!!

Tiffany - Dust for your DH, too! Wow, I can't imagine how it'd feel to have two babes in there... just the one feels like he's all over the place! You just made me get this mental picture of Baby B kicking Baby A (via an ultrasound image!) - haha.

Everyone else - hope you're all doing well!!

AFM
37 + 2 today! Officially full term! It's so exciting but super scary. I just feel like there's always something I've forgotten to get, or take care of. Anxious, I guess you could say. Like, if I get a bill in the mail, I **must** pay it right away, rather than let it sit a week or two. I guess it's just part of the whole nesting process... I've got an appointment before work tonight, so we'll see if I've progressed any more.
I forget who asked (Houie? I think), but I am in the 'no epi' camp for now. I'm banking on my labor to be like my mom's (there are many similarities b/t our pregnancies). She was in the hospital no more than 4 hours prior to all 3 children's births. But we'll see...
I feel like the baby's huge, and the poor thing has no room in my belly. And his head is constantly on my bladder, to the point where it hurts! Getting up from lying down OR sitting is beginning to become an ordeal - something I have to mentally psych myself up for!
DH and I feel bad that we haven't settled on a name yet. And his sisters are driving me nuts - if they ask me one more time if we've picked a name yet I'm gonna pitch a fit :devil:!
This week is my final stretch at work! BUT I'm doing 5 out of 6 nights, I hope I can make it. Oh, and I think my FMLA crap is finally straightened out!
Sorry - my post seems kinda flighty and all over the place. Such is my state of mind these days!! :cheeky:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Cupcake im so sorry, sending healing ***DUST*** your husband's way...

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
I got a call from the hospital about my blood tests today. They said they wouldn't call unless something was wrong! And now I have to wait until 5pm at the latest to find out what it is! I could really use a hug :(

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Finally heard back!

There is nothing wrong with me. :rolleyes:
They thought I might be worried about the pelvic exam and wanted to let me know it was all fine. At the pelvic exam I had more bleeding than is normal and ended up having to get a second one after that because they couldn't get a sample...so thought I might still be worried about the bleeding.

My blood tests were fine as well.

However, they set me up with an appt to see the neurologist because I've been having headaches and migraines daily and vicoden hasn't been helping. They think it is tension related because there have been some days I just cannot walk at all because the back pain is so bad...so maybe I will get referred to a chiropractor...I'll go see whoever they want as long as my insurance covers it!!!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Quick post to let you all know that Icekid and baby Jumper are doing well! He arrived at 3:41pm after a relatively quick labor! 6 lbs 12 oz :) I will let Icekid share his name when she is able to post!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
RT Good to know nothing is wrong :)

Lynnie HAHAHAHA I know it if funny what grosses them out I can mention all sorts of nasty stuff to DH and he is fine but the belly button and he squirms - I am sure when the time comes our DH will be on top of it plug and all :) Congrats on reaching full term :). Sorry people are annoying you with the name thing you will both find the right name :)

Hou YAY :) that is so exciting I have been stalking this thread all morning waiting for an update YAY :) congrats Icekid very happy for you :):):):) I can't wait to see pics. Good to hear your both doing well :):):)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOUMedGal|1291157286|2783348 said:
Quick post to let you all know that Icekid and baby Jumper are doing well! He arrived at 3:41pm after a relatively quick labor! 6 lbs 12 oz :) I will let Icekid share his name when she is able to post!!

YAY, how wonderful!! :appl:

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats to Basil and Icekid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Yay ICEKID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Congrats mama and welcome to the world "Jumper" :bigsmile:

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Yay Icekid!!!!! Can't wait to see pics and hear the name! Thanks for the update HOU.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Icekid! Hope you and Jumper are resting comfortably!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, Icekid!!!! Can't wait to meet Jumper!! :appl: :appl:

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Icekid! Can't wait to see pics of Jumper!!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
37w4d

:appl: to Mr. & Mrs. Icekid and baby Jumper. glad labor went quickly and it's good that you weren't stressed about it. I think I am stressing enough for the 2 of us, or even for the whole forum!

whoever designed pregnant women to be clumsy was really mean! I keep dropping and breaking things, but now that I am home alone all day and dropped my glass of tea, I had to bend over my belly to pick up all the glass pieces (fell on the hardwood floor because I've sent the carpets out to be cleaned for baby's arrival). :mad: I couldn't just leave it there for DH to do when he comes home.

I keep waking up in the middle of the night thinking "This is it!" because my belly's gone all hard and I have either some shooting pains or menstrual like cramps. but then I get up and sit on the toilet and either it just ends up being gas or it's more like my baby is bouncing on my bladder. no wave-like contractions. well, hopefully it will stay that way til Wed. I have an appointment on Monday at a hospital in Amsterdam, known for it's cancer research, to get a 2nd opinion which I think is quite important and really want to go to.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Goodness gracious, so much happening over here!

Cupcake - Good grief, that is absolutely awful! I really hope that you guys hire a lawyer and try to get some compensation out of this clearly negligent person who tried to leave the scene :angryfire: . I also hope that you DH gets the medical care he needs so that he can get better soon. I absolutely think that you are due for some SERIOUSLY good karma right about now, say some random inheritence of millions of dollars or winning a new car or something. Big hug to you and your family and may God give you guys some kinda break soon!

Noel - Congrats on your little lady's impening birthday :appl: ! I wish you lots of luck and can't wait to hear about your LO's arrival :bigsmile: Btw, good luck at your appt on Monday. Fingers crossed for some good news! Also, I don't know if this is an option for you, but since you are always back and forth to the US, you might want to check out MD Anderson Cancer Center in Texas. It is one of the best in the country for cancer treatment, including breast.

LV - Omg, I can't beleive you are almost full-term already. It feels like just yesterday you were just getting your BFP :rolleyes: Where does the time go? Good luck on continuing to bake your little one.

Basil - CONGRATS to you momma :appl: . I do remember you popping your head into the TTC thread a while back, but glad to hear it happened sans much stress. Come and join us over in the Just Barely Preggo thread if you want.

Geri - It sounds like your babymoon was fabulous. Try not to worry to much about your LO, I'm sure she is just shifting around in there. Lots of luck at your ultrasound!

Lynnie - Congrats on making it to full term! :appl: I can't wait to meet your LO

Icekid - YEAH! Congrats on Jumper making his appearance! I can't wait to hear the story and see the pics! :appl: Houie - Thanks for sharing!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Am I the only one who has to eat every 2 hours or else I get lightheaded? My good friend is worried it might be anemia or diabetes... :errrr: But if I eat something small every 2 hours I feel fine...do you guys think this is something to be concerned about?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Congrats Icekid and Basil :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Congrats IceKid :appl: :appl: :appl: I hope you are doing well! Can't wait to see pics (if you share). I love itty bitty babies :love: :love:

RT-you're most likely just hungry. It's not unheard of for pregnant women to have strong appetites :lol: Try to eat really filling foods like lots of protein!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Noel Good Luck with your appointment - it is good to get a second opinion if for nothing else just to reassure yourself - sending you more baking dust so that she does not come any earlier then Wednesday :)

RT I swear I gained most of my weight in the 1st tri and I still have days where I just can't get full eating every two hours as long as it healthy sounds fine :) I wouldn't be too worried :).

So - exciting little update for myself - she finally kicked for DH last night :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D it has taken long enough - DH went outside before bed so I gave her a pep talk about giving her daddy a big kick and what to you know she did and she also gave him a big squirmy move :) so happy, mind you I had to contort myself slightly to make it happen but it finally happened :) YAY.

Hope everyone is well second day of summer and it has been raining no stinking hotness- YAY this human incubator is very happy :)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Icekid and Basil! I'm really happy for you!

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
This thread has been so busy, I am so behind I am not going to be able to catch up...

Congrats icekid! Looking forward to hearing your story if you share it. It's especially exciting because I think you were the first BFP in the TTC thread when I first joined last Feb or so. The first new baby of many to come!

I'm hanging in at 28.5 weeks and feeling glad that the little guy would probably survive if he had to come out now. Will feel even better in a couple weeks. I was asked to go on a cross-country trip (6hr flight + 2 hr plane ride) for work, but was really uncomfortable w/the idea, and my OB was completely supportive of me not going, so luckily I don't have to (felt bad about it though because now my boss has to go instead). I have anemia (genetic, not an iron deficiency) anyway, which it turns out has gotten worse (hemoglobin goes down for everyone during pregnancy, but I started out with lower hemoglobin so now it's really below normal), so it would not have been a good idea. I often get the same lightheaded feeling from not getting enough oxygen as what happens when I lay on my back, but throughout the day when I'm just sitting, sometimes for hours at a time, and I have to remember to take deep breaths. My OB even said if I feel worse I should get a blood transfusion, but I don't want one and it's not a threat to the baby, fortunately. Also happy I don't have GD - I was half suspecting I did based on how much weight I've gained (24 lbs already, eek!).

I still can't believe there's a baby in my belly, and he's 1/2 of me and 1/2 of my DH. It's still so surreal. We finally registered for stuff and bought the big stuff, crib, mattress (convinced DH we had to get an organic one), carseat and glider on sale at BRU (still waiting for the Indie to go on sale), so it seems a little more real now. I'm excited to meet our little guy and hold him, but anxious about all the things I need to finish before he gets here, so 11-12 weeks does not seem like very long at all.

Anyone have a good changing table? I didn't want to spend too much so I picked one out by Badger which is around $100, and I don't feel like doing any more research (aaah! there is WAY too much baby stuff out there!).

Hope everyone is doing well, can't wait to meet all the new babies soon.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Catlover - I just wanted to flag this up as they never seem to tell you when you're pregnant, but anaemia can have consequences for more than just feeling a bit tired...

I was extremely anaemic by the time I went into labour even though it had been picked up a few weeks earlier and I was on 600mg of iron a day. My Hb was 8.7 when they took blood to test for it when I was admitted. They immediately told me that I had to have a managed 3rd stage which I was happy with.

I ended up with a forceps delivery and had a massive haemorrhage following Daisy's birth - I lost over 5 pints of blood (2.5 litres) which is over half your blood volume. I passed out shortly after the birth and was unconcious for most of the next couple of hours. I then spent 2 days in ICU and had 5 transfusions over that time.

The consultant who was in charge came to see me and had a massive go at me for being so anaemic and told me I was very lucky to still be alive. What I didn't know was that being anaemic thins your blood and not only makes a haemorrhage more likely but makes it much, much more serious if it does occur.

So, please do be careful and think hard about getting your Hb up before you give birth. My husband still gets distraught remembering those hours and I missed out on seeing my daughter straight after she was born.

Changing Table - I had the Leksvik baby chest-of-drawers with the changing table top from IKEA. I painted it with Farrow & Ball's James White which looked lovely.

ETA: My husband also has genetically induced anaemia - he has Hereditary Spherocytosis.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results