shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Oh Noel I want to ditto all the ladies before me and like Bliss I will be dusting and praying that you are in that 3%. You are a strong and capable woman who will know what decision to make and I so admire your attitude and positiveness as you said it is a blessing in disguise you have someone else to focus all your energies on.

Kunzite your pictures of Ollie are just precious he is just beautiful congrats again :)

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Noelwr- I'm thinking of you, sorry you had such a rough day :( *hugs*

AFM, we had our first ultrasound today. Was pleased as a peach to see just one baby and not two in there :) Heartbeat measured at 167 and we got to hear that too which was AMAZING!! Baby R was wiggling around and waved at us :) Here's some photos we got.

babyr1.jpg

babyr2.jpg

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhh Kunzite, what beautiful pics, and what a precious sweet boy you have!! I have a "thing" for itty bitty peanuts - he's just adorable!!! He looks so good, even though he's little he's started to get some chubbiness!! :bigsmile: I hope you get lots and lots more kangaroo time soon!!

RT, congrats on a great ultrasound! :bigsmile: Wow, you got a 3D already?! That's cool! How far along are you now??

Noel - glad to see your great attitude. :bigsmile:

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Hou- I'm 11w5d today. They tried the 3d one because they couldn't get a good angle for us to have a picture of, so my mom blurted out "can we try the 3d one?" lol Luckily the sonographer (?) was patient with us and gave that a shot too :)

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Cat- I plan on my husband staying with me too. We do live close to the hospital so he may choose to run home just to check on stuff, but he wants to stay there at night.

Kunzite- those pictures are just precious- it looks like he's doing very well!

Noel- wow, I'm so sorry that you've gotten this news now- your attitude is truly inspiring. You seem to have just the outlook it's going to take to beat this!! I think the list of pros/cons/questions is exactly what you need to take when you meet with the docs to make your decision. Good luck!

I feel like in the past two weeks I've really popped- random people know that I'm pregnant (and not just gaining weight). Funny story- the other day we were walking the dog, and a guy in a van looked at us and said "nice pooch" After he drove off I told my husband I hoped he was talking about the dog!! I have also been visited by the cankle fairy- usually only on days I work (I work 12 hour shifts) and I've been wearing compression socks, which help some, but on super busy days the cankles are awful! The swelling goes down after I sit for awhile but wow- this will probably only get worse.
Does anyone else have hip pain? I've been trying very hard to sleep on my side, but I wake up because the hip that I'm laying on hurts- then I roll to the other side and a few hours later I wake up with that hip hurting. Our mattress is new, so I don't think it's that. Maybe I'm just laying weird. My only other complaint is bad reflux/hearturn. It seems regardless of what I eat, foods that seem like they would be safe even cause it. I think someone (maybe Hou?) took zantac- I plan to call my doc on Monday and see what I can do, tums helps a little but not enough. Other than that I love being pregnant.

Re: "I didn't know I was pregnant" - that show is so irritating. Those women have to be in denial. I saw another one called " I didn't know I was having twins" and the lady on there had no prenatal care, delivered at home with no assistance (no midwife, just her and her husband) and then was shocked when she had twins. Really?? How is that surprising??

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Noel, my thoughts are with you.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kunz, he's beautiful. Congratulations mama.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Tiffany re the hip pain have you tried sleeping with a pillow or cushion underneath your belly - I started to get really uncomfortable last week on either side and this really helps it is awkward at first but once you find the right way to get it - heaven seriously have not slept better in ages. I have taken one of my throw cushions cause I was desperate and what I do is roll on to my back slightly to the opposite side I plan to sleep and wedge the cushion under my belly and then roll over with it under me :).

As for the reflux/heartburn one of the girls in my office got it really bad - I get it occasionally but I find Remmies work really well and milk can help as well there are safe ones you can take from the pharmacy - should be listed on the packet

GL :)

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I went to the shop today to get these stands to raise our bed. it is required for the lady that is going to come help after the baby is born. if the bed is any lower than 72cm, 28 in (and they state a preference of 90cm which is 35 in), she can legally refuse to help me while I'm in bed or to change my sheets... you get to rent them for free, so it's not a big deal.

ANYWAY, so the lady at the shop said we also need to take this pan to catch the placenta. :-o I told her I'm not delivering at home, but she said you never know as the baby might come really fast and that I have to take it. lovely to think that it probably has already been used in other deliveries.

sometimes I feel like I'm living in a 3rd world country.

noelwrondersteek.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
:errrr:

Do they make you eat it too or bury it under a tree?

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
noel, I'm really sorry to hear your news too. I'm hoping the best for you and glad that you'll have your precious baby girl soon to light up your life.

kunzite - O is so cute! I'm amazed at how well-baked he looks at 31 weeks. He looks great! Congrats again!

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Kunzite--Ollie looks great, sorry the birth was so tramatic!

Noel---my thoughts are with you and hoping the best outcome for you and your family.

AFM: We are finding out the sex of the baby today! (Well, if it cooperates.) I can't wait :errrr: :bigsmile: :appl:

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
Hello Ladies :wavey:

Krunzite: Congrats on Ollie, what a sweet looking little boy! I guess he was anxious to make his big entrance into this wonderful world!

Noel: I admire you faith and strength. Please know I'm praying for you!

Cupcake: How is your husbands recovery coming along?
AFM:

Yeahhh for week 19. I am so elated to be pregnant and am enjoying this second trimester. If it wasn't for this belly and my peanut moving I don't think I'd know I was pregnant.
I have *finally* attached a belly shot...where are everyone elses? :)

(Lulu, I hope you don't mind but I used some of your photo tips...thank you!)

LL19w2dsm.jpg

cara

Ideal_Rock
OMG Noel, my heart goes out to you. What a trial to be given during what should be a happy time. Best wishes for speedy recovery and good care from your doctors.

Kunzite, what a precious tiny one! Oh my. Best growing to little Oliver! May he come home soon.

Tiffany, I had the hip pain starting in the second tri, and it sucked cause I had to sleep on my sides as I also got nauseous on my back and my stomach, well, was otherwise occupied. What helped was what Deelight said, a nest of pillows. For me it wasn't wedging one under the belly (belly really wanted to be left alone and not touched most of the pregnancy), it was wedging the pillows around my hips to try and spread the weight over a larger area. Also on a good night I could prop them all along my back so I could rest leaning into them at like a 30 degree angle - not enough to get nauseous but enough to not put my weight directly on my aching hips. Even with the pillows I was flipping sides every few hours. My poor husband. Four pillows for me, one for him (though I sometimes tried to steal that one too), and I rearranged my nest every few hours. Oh, and heartburn. I gave up carbonated drinks, coffee, etc, and used tums for the first and second trimesters, but just gave up for the third trimester and went on prilosec. It was heavenly heartburn relief! I was getting so big and physically cumbersome in the third tri, I just couldn't deal with the digestive discomfort anymore. My doc had said it was fine to go on earlier, I just was trying to minimize the drug intake as I had already taken a cabinet-full of zofran generic during the first two trimesters. Also its a one-a-day drug rather than tums, which I was taking by the handful. It was quite effective, if I forgot to take it, some 30 hrs after my last dose I'd start having symptoms again. Good luck baking those twins!!

Random, cute little peanut in there!

Good luck ladies!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Cupcake- Good luck to you! I hope your baby cooperates!! If we had been getting our sex found out yesterday we would have been screwed because the doctor told us the baby was sitting indian style with it's legs crossed! lol

Cara- Thanks :) I think the peanut is pretty cute too, but I'm biased :)

Tomorrow is DH and I's first wedding anniversary so I probably won't stop in (not that I've been too regular about that anyways, I'll try to be better!) I'll be busy going to a movie and stuffing my tummy at olive garden :D

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Kunzite~ I just saw that your little man made an early entrance. So glad that he's doing well!! Big congrats on your little Ollie!!

Noel~ I'm so sorry to read about your bad news. You are so strong and brave and I really admire you. You are in my prayers! If you feel comfortable, please start a thread. I know that PSers would want to offer support and prayers for you but may not peruse this thread.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Noel: I'm so sorry to hear your news :(

Kunzite: What a beautiful baby!! Congrats and glad to hear things are going okay.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Noel, I pray that you and the baby are ok!! I will keep you in my thoughts.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Noel- at least the placenta pan has a lid!! I find it oddly funny that the lady made you take it.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite - What gorgeous pictures!! I too am amazed at how GREAT he looks, given that he was early! Please keep us posted on his progress!!

Cupcake - We're ready for an update! :bigsmile:

I've been battling the flu, despite the fact that I had the flu shot 6 weeks or so ago. Temp reached 101. Tylenol kept it under control yesterday, and now it's back to normal. My weight is down 5-6 pounds, I assume due to lost fluids. I've been drinking so much water, watered down juice and gatorade. It's helping, but I just feel exhausted, so I'm going back to sleep AGAIN.

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
luvinlife|1289673316|2764559 said:
Cupcake: How is your husbands recovery coming along?

He's doing much better. Yesterday was the first time he ventured out of the house. He wanted to be there for the sonogram. In general everyone is surprised that he is up and walking. His pain level is now at a 4 on a scale of 1-10 and he no longer has the numbness, shooting pains, or weakness in his legs. One day at a time, that's all we can ask for ::)

Loves Vintage|1289747620|2765521 said:
Cupcake - We're ready for an update! :bigsmile:

Its.....a......GIRL! :bigsmile:

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Yay cupcake!!!

Kunzite congrats on your lovely little guy! What a tough Momma you are!

Noel, you are in my thoughts, hugs! Your attitude is inspiring.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on Team Pink!!!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Cupcake - congrats and welcome to TEAM PINK!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

LV - so sorry to hear that you're sick!! Rest rest rest, and keep those fluids going!! I hope you start to feel better very soon!!

Luvinlife - cuuuute little bump you've got there!! I love it! :love: Enjoy the 2nd tri - it truly is the best. 3rd hasn't been bad so far either, though. :bigsmile:

Noel - LMAO at the placenta pan!! Why do they require your bed to be raised? Is it to prevent back injuries in the helpers?

Tiffany - I have been getting some hip pain too. The best answer I have discovered is just turning to the other side when I wake up hurting. And sneaking in some good time on my back, because it doesn't make me uncomfortable/dizzy or anything, and sometimes it just feels really good. If you're nervous about lying on your back, you can also put a pillow under one side (preferably under your right side so you're leaning to the left a bit) and that will skew your weight just enough to get it off your major blood vessels, which is the big concern with preggos on their backs anyway. And yes, it was me who loves Zantac (Ranitidine), and IceKid has been taking it too. It's over the counter, and really helpful. I take 150mg once when I get up in the morning and again in the afternoon/early evening when I start feeling the heartburn creeping in. My doc said that it was perfectly fine, and actually, there's another step up (to proton pump inhibitors, like Nexium) we can go if the Zantac stops working. But so far, so good for me!! Oh, and Tums are a helpful for any symptoms I start to feel over and above the Zantac, but they were definitely not sufficient by themselves for me.

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
Happy Sunday!

Cupcake---Yeah for TEAM PINK!!!. I'm happy to hear your husbands pain has decreased significantly. I hope he continues to make improvement.

HOU- It incredible how fast time goes by and that you are already in your third trimester! I am certainly trying to live-up this second trimester feel good phase!

LV-I hope you feel better.

Random-Great ultrasound! What do you think the gender is?

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Noel: I am so sorry about your bad news :(( I hope everything turns out okay and I will keep you and your growing family in my thoughts and prayers.

Cupcake: Welcome to team pink!

I don't have too much to update on myself since I recently posted....feeling more uncomfortable by the day it seems. ECP comes and goes. It's the worst when I go from sitting to standing and when throwing myself around trying to switch sides when sleeping. I am still unbelievably grouchy. Our dog, and 8 year old pug, drives. me. nuts. She's a cuddler but has to turn around in circles for 10 minutes before she'll finally plop down and then she'll lick her nose incessently and her breath stinks. GAH....she's a wonderful dog but right now I just cannot stand her sometimes. And I'm her favorite so she always wants to snuggle right up by me. Okay. I feel better now!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
luvinlife- I think it is a boy :) In fact I'm 99% sure it is a boy...watch, now it will be a girl lol

geri

Shiny_Rock
Noel - I'm so sorry to hear your news. My thoughts are with you and DH.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Random :) congrats on the little one bean :) very cool piccies

Noelwr That is kinda sweet of the lady but would so freak me out, kinda looks to much like a saucepan

Cupcake YAY - CONGRATS on team pink :) how exciting

Just a fly by post :) hope everyone is well

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer: Long time no post. How are you doing?

And Congrats to Cupcake on a Girl!!!!

ETA:

Noel, I am sorry for the stress you are going through at the moment. Your LO will truly be a blessing in a tough time.

Kunzite: OMG! I love him. You have such a handome little son, I am so happy for you. Great job Mama.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results