I can only imagine....
2.gif

Tgal, I STILL want one.
lol.gif
I''m holding out for grandbaby girls.
11.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Ellen, what a great poem, thanks for posting it. I look forward to sharing that with my daughter.
emlove.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen, what a lovely poem!! I''ve never seen that before, thanks!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!
36.gif
36.gif

Congrats Tacori and welcome baby Tessa
35.gif

Hope you make a quick recovery.
Can''t wait to see your precious little girl!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2007 4:27:06 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Ellen, what a lovely poem!! I''ve never seen that before, thanks!!
Isn''t it though?
girl_sigh.gif

I''m glad you guys enjoyed it.
5.gif

And curly, you enjoy that lil girl too.
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2007 2:54:38 PM
Author: mrssalvo
ellen,
that poem brought tears to my eyes
39.gif
so sweet and so true
1.gif
Me too! I love it; so sweet!
12.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS, Tacori, to you and your DH!!!!! I am so very happy for you!!!!

Dont worry about your fever...you will be going home in no time!!!!

Cant wait to hear all about it and see pics of little Tessa!! (By the way, I ADORE that name)!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2007 8:01:45 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 11/6/2007 2:54:38 PM
Author: mrssalvo
ellen,
that poem brought tears to my eyes
39.gif
so sweet and so true
1.gif
Me too! I love it; so sweet!
12.gif
Ditto! Thanks, Ellen!

shelly1170

Shiny_Rock
yay tacori!!!

Happy Birthday Tessa Elizabeth!

Hope you are fully recovered soon Tacori. And I can''t wait to see pictures.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, Tacori!!!
36.gif
Hope this evening finds you doing better!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
njc-

I don''t know if you''ll ever see this, but I wanted you to know that I read your story and saw the pictures of you, your husband, and Jon. The story and the pictures are beautiful. Jon is beautiful. Is he as peaceful a baby as he appears to be? He has an angelic look to him.

My daughter used to stick out her tongue all the time, too.

Congratulations!

Deborah
34.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori, hope you''re heading home today with Tessa -- a whole new adventure begins!!
21.gif

I had an u/s and appt. this morning, and .. we scheduled a tentative c-section date!! As of right now, I''m booked for December 13 -- I''ll be 37w1d then, which is pretty on track for twins (they said they like to deliver between 37-38 weeks at my office). As of today, our boy is about 3 lbs, 7 oz. and our girl is 3 lbs, 2 oz, so they''re a bit on the small side but still doing OK for twins. If they''re small at my next u/s (two weeks), then maybe we''ll push the c-section another week down the road. He is still head down (and low, so he''s not going anywhere!), and she is totally breech -- she''s "standing upright" in me basically! So chances are that she will not flip head-down at this stage. We could still try to deliver vag for him and they could try to turn her after he''s out, but it''s still 50/50 that she''d wind up being a c-sec, and I really don''t want to have to recover from both a full labor AND a c-section, so ... I guess I''m accepting that it may have to be a c-section. The doctor today said we can book the c-sec date but that obviously there is no commitment to it, since everything is so unknown still! But it''s the weirdest feeling knowing that five weeks from tomorrow, we could very likely be holding our little boy and girl! We went to lunch after the appt., and I just started bawling thinking about it -- it''s exciting, it''s scary, it''s overwhelming! But it''s fantastic!

Hope you''re all doing well!

BTW, MrsS I told hubby your ice cream pregnancy brain story, and he cracked up!
9.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow Ella, Dec. 13 is just around the corner.
That is so exciting. Hope all goes according to plan.
1.gif

What is the minimum weight the babies need to be before the doctor go ahead with the scheduled c-section?

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, I''m not sure, lili! I''d like them to be at least 5 lbs each though, so in my head, if they''re under that, I think I''ll be a little nervous delivering them. As much as I know I''ll want them out by then, I''d rather them stay in there and bake a little longer to get them up another 1/2 lb. if necessary, you know? My doctor is on vacation right now (met with a different dr. in the practice today), but I''ll see him at my next appt., so I''m sure we''ll be discussing all this then!

Any news on when you''ll be getting amnio results back? It''s been almost two weeks now, right?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow ella, dec. 13th will be here b/f you know it. that is my Lily''s b-day too!! it''s fun being in the hospital when it''s all decorated for the Holidays...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I feel "young" again when I read this thread--all the baby news/updates is thrilling!!
1.gif
I luv luv luv babies.......lalalalalalalalaaaaaaaaaaa

cheers--Shaorn

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you all again for all your good wishes! We are FINALLY home!!!! We got home this afternoon. Sorry if this is TMI but hey, labor ain''t pretty. :)

So here is Tessa''s birth story.

DH and I got to the hospital around 7:30 PM on Friday (11/2). It was nice that we were calm, no rush...got a room. Hooked up the fetal moniter that also measured any contractions. The on call doc put in the Crevidel (sp??) around 10:00 PM. Major ouch by the way! It is like a flat tampon but the sides are sharp and it was uncomfortable the whole time it was inserted (since part of it sticks out). Then DH brought back dinner. We ate and just relaxed for awhile. Around 4:00 AM I was in some pain. I couldn''t sleep (sleeping pills didn''t work) so the nurse gave me an IV pain killer. Guess it made me pretty loopy. Poor DH did not sleep a wink b/c I kept trying to go to the bathroom alone and he was worried I would fall or hurt myself. I started getting contractions (on my own) around 5:00 AM. They got pretty intense (fast and hard). DH thought it was funny b/c I would be passed out (thanks to the pain killer) then he would see the numbers go up on the moniter so he would grab my hand, I would spring wide awake (cursing, agitated and I don''t even really curse that much), then the contraction would end and I would pass out (until the next one). My water broke on its own soon after. The nurse was worried b/c there was a lot of baby poop in it (which can make them sick). Probably b/c she was over due. At 7:00 I was begging for an epi. I was in SOOO much pain. The nurse (who was so awesome by the way. I seriously loved her. I am so glad we clicked) said we had to wait until my doc came in to check me, it was too soon etc...then she examined me. I was 5 cm so of course I was farther than we all thought. Got the epi at around 7:30. I would say it took the doc maybe 10 mins to prep and everything and I had two huge contractions during that time. She said if they HAD given me pitocin she would have turned it down that is how fast and hard they were. Epi was not bad (for those curious) and sweet relief soon came. When she checked my cervix 20 mins later I was 10 cm!
23.gif
We couldn''t believe how fast I progressed! Passed out for awhile. DH took pictures to prove it the stinker (seriously don''t remember him even pulling out the camera). Labored down for awhile. Started pushing but I couldn''t feel anything so pushing was difficult. We waited for the epi to wear off alittle. Don''t forget she NEVER dropped AND I carried high so she had quite a long trip out. I did HARD, LONG, HORRIBLE pushing for about 2.5 hours. Every contraction was 3 pushes and I had them so fast there was little to no rest in between. There was talk of a c-sec from the nurse. DH thought for sure I would need one too. Like DS mentioned I am not a big girl and my pelvic opening is on the smaller end. FINALLY she could see the hair and I got far enough to call in the doc! Of course he was delivering another baby at the same time so we had to wait 15 mins or so (longest 15 mins of my life) at around this point I realize I NEVER pushed my epi button for more meds and it was wearing off quite a bit. Doc came in and warned up that he was going to make sure she wouldn''t cry when delivered and had a peds team waiting in the corner to check her out. Kind of scary to say the least. He had me reach down to touch the top of her head. I think he did it for motivation b/c I was SO tired and really didn''t think I was going to get through it. I am not sure how many pushes it took. I was in pain and it was almost an out of body experience. I started pumping the epi button in vain. I knew I would never get it in time but I was desperate. But she finally made it into the world at 12:48. I knew I was close when I saw the look on my mom''s face. Our doctor pluged her mouth with his finger, held her up for us to see, and sure enough all of us were right. It''s a girl! He cut the cord, she was rushed off, and while he stitched me up (he said I only needed a few but I swear he was lying. He was sewing for awhile) I kept hearing "what was the mother on?" I guess the IV pain meds made her kind of loopy. I don''t think they would have given them to me if they had known how fast my labor progressed. Felt like forever but they finally brought her over to me and said she looked good and her lungs seem fine. She is so beautiful. The nurses and docs were all commenting on her long eye lashes. She actually looked really good for a newborn (head was pretty round, not squishy like many newborns). We all held her and then they took her to the nursery to be measured and bathed.

I was able to walk to the bathroom pretty much on my own after the birth. So I know the epi had pretty much worn off. Then MY complications began. I could never fully empty my bladder. They had be peeing in the measuring thing. Never though I would be so obsess with how much I peed. My night nurse, Heather, (who was so wonderful but I will get to that later. Luckily we had her for three nights) was not happy and she cathed me.
15.gif
My bladder was so full she emptied 1700 ccs (which is over a bag) She said it was her new record
32.gif
The next day my day nurse removed my cath and told me I was doing great. She was really sweet but we later found her neglectful. By the time Heather came back my bladder was so full. She did a bladder scan (measures how much is in there) The highest it goes to is 999+. That is the number she scanned. She was quite alarmed and paged the doc. So I needed yet ANOTHER cath. Besides this I was SOOOO swollen and got HORRIBLE hemis from the labor and all the heavy pushing. Even the nurse seemed surprised by how swollen I was. Anyways back to my bladder issue. If I had a different nurse she might have not caught the problem and I would have been discharged on that monday. I would have gotten even more sick and would have been hospitalized for sure. DH was so upset that the day nurse didn''t catch it. We are still so greatful Heather is such a wonderful nurse and plan on sending her flowers (or some gift). We were lucky to have her sat, sunday, and monday night. On monday night I started getting chills/sweats but wasn''t showing a fever. Then on Tuesday I developed a fever that spiked at 102 degrees and still wasn''t empying my bladder (they removed my cath tuesday morning). So there was talk of yet another cath but the doc really wanted me to try to empty on my own (worried the infection could get worse) so they gave me a shot (the second most painful according to the nurse) to help jumpstart my recovery. (It was some sort of antibotic). It wasn''t working so I finally had to go on IV antibotics (which really hurt when they were given) So by this point I was pretty upset. I felt horrible and was fusterated with my body. My bladder scans were FINALLY under 300 (what the doctor felt comfortable with). I even got a 185 once and felt like I won the lottery. I was so happy! BTW I am sure Dani can explain but I guess this was pretty rare b/c a lot of times two nurses came to do the scans to teach each other. They didn''t even have their own (had to borrow it from another floor). I got the antibotics for 36 hours but by this morning I blew the vein (so painful) and she removed it. Luckily the doc decided I could go home today and take oral meds.

Well my mom just said dinner is ready (so glad she is here). Sorry if something doesn''t make sense, I didn''t have time to reread it. I am curious to know what my lab results are. Hopfully we will get them back soon. I am so glad to be home. Even though I still have quite a bit of pain and discomfort (didn''t even mention BFing, another ouch) I am just glad to be OUT of the hospital. I will try to check later. Love you guys!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori so glad you are home!!! Wow that is some birthing story, so glad you had nurse Heather. I hope Dani can fill us in on all of this. But for the time being, enjoy being home with Tessa, hubby and your Mom!! Biggest HUGS!!! Lisa
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Tacori, you're a trooper! Just getting home and writing us this amazing story when you should be resting...tsk tsk girl...
2.gif

I saw that you had written and am sitting here in a hotel room right now. I thought, oh boy! and was so excited to read! I even ran to the mini bar and got a bag of chocolate chip cookies before I settled down to read.
41.gif

I am so glad you are better. This just all sounds like a crazy experience...I guess that's why they make babies so beautiful...so it's all worth it at the end. Congrats again Tacori, and can't wait to see pics of your little Tessa!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations again, Tacori! Quite a birth story! I'm sorry it was so rocky, but we're glad you're home, and I can't wait to see pictures of Tessa!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Tacori! That''s such a story -- I''m so glad that you had a great nurse to catch the problem and help you through it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bless your heart, Tacori!!! What an ordeal! I am just glad you''re better and that little Tessa was fine through all of this! It''s great your mom is here to help out...not that you could keep her away from that first grandbaby anyway! When Tessa gets a little older, we''ll have to meet at SouthPark, stroll her around and teach her first words...Tiffany...Neiman Marcus...etc.
2.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Tacori! That is some story, you poor thing. But the important part is that Tessa is here and she''s healthy and I''m sure she''s beautiful (hint, hint: we want pictures!). Congratulations, again!! You''ll never be the same person again--you''ll only be better because you are a mommy!
emlove.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations tacori
36.gif
36.gif
. Welcome to Tessa Elizabeth ( my daughter was eithe going to be Tessa or her name so I heart this name so much).
Please take it easy and look after yourself and your beautiful daughter.
And trust me everything (just about
4.gif
) returns to normal in that particular area!!!!!

clammer

Shiny_Rock
Tacori, make sure you get all the rest that you can while your mom is there. I can''t wait to see pictures of little Tessa, whose name I absolutely adore.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Awww Tacori! Congratulations! You''ll be as good as new in no time. It sounds like you did great!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
ellaila, wow, 12/13 will be here before you know it! How exciting!

Tacori, glad to hear you''re home. What an ordeal! I hope you have a quick recovery. Get lots of rest while your mom is there to help.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies. It was *rough*. I think I surprised DH on how tough I can be. I guess I have a pretty good pain tolerance (and labor was still painful) By the way, as cheesy as it sounds, I love my husband so much more than I did before (if that is possible). He was SO wonderful. Stayed with me in the hospital almost the whole time (my mom took over sometimes so he could get a break). Helped me with whatever I needed (even things that no one probably wants to help with). He is so involved. Oh and Tessa is SUCH a daddy''s girl. He is in love. He wasn''t the most supportive during my pregnancy but he has made up for it now.

The only thing I am worried about it the amount she spits up! I can''t believe anything goes in her tummy. The doc said she was concerned too she might have acid reflux. She wants to wait until we put her on any medication though (b/c it could be just a newborn thing). I just feel so horrible for her. She has been so fussy tonight but I guess I can''t blame her. Anyone have experience with this?

I promise I will post some pictures as soon as I have a sec to upload them.

njc, thanks for sharing photos of your beautiful boy! I haven''t have time to read your birth story but I promise I will.

Ella, so exciting! I can''t wait for you to meet your twins. Dec is just around the corner. I really "broke" down my last few weeks. Life DOES get uncomfortable and I can''t imagine with twins.

Tgal, hope you didn''t lose your appetite.

Diver thanks for starting the mommy thread. I hope to someday have enough time to cruise on over there.

Thanks for all who love the name. DH did a good job (he came up with it). Sorry I don''t have time to respond more to you but it brought tears to my eyes seeing how much everyone cares about Tessa and me.

Oh they gave me a flu shot in recovery for mommies who are still debating when to get one.

Ok I am going to try to grab an hour of sleep before Tessa wants to be fed again.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you and little Tessa are home Tacori! How are Grayson and Madison adjusting to their baby sister???
face23.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results