shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
njc,
So glad you checked in, those pics are soooo precious. Jon is a cutie pie!!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I lurk on this thread several times daily and just wanted to wish Tacori lots and lots of luck this weekend! Enjoy meeting your little one and come back with pictures soon!!!!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori, cant wait to see baby T!

clammer

Shiny_Rock
Jas – one of my friends dh’s has a terrible case of exzema and found a cream that he said is a godsend. He went into all he scientifical reasons of why it works and how wonderful it is. I will get a hold of him this weekend and see what the name is.

Ella – your “pregnancy brain” story cracked me up. I’m pretty absent minded anyway so I’m in big trouble when pregnancy brain kicks in.

NJC - baby Jon is absolutely adorable

Tacori – you will be in my thoughts this weekend. I am so excited that you finally get to meet baby T face to face

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2007 1:17:22 PM
Author: njc
me and jon next day... he always keeps his tongue out like that!
Aw, what a sweet pic. You have a real doll there nj.
5.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Jas, I just remembered that Oils of Aloha Kukui Cream is great for dry and irritated skin! I love this stuff and so does my dad who has eczema problems too. You should be able to buy it online. I know that ABC stores in Hawaii sell them.

AGSHF

Shiny_Rock
Jas12,

I’m sorry if I alarmed you. When I typed out my post, I was just trying to include all the information I recalled.

No doubt you know that each case of eczema is different and my experience in no way reflects the norm. Really it’s probably a worst-case scenario and my intention was to let you know that even with my extreme case, I did (albeit after trial) find relief. Ultimately, I wasn’t content with my OB or my derm just prescribing me ointments when they clearly weren’t helping me. I was also concerned about the steroidal creams because of pregnancy and their long-term effects on the skin.

I agree that you should consider leaving dairy out of your diet if you are otherwise getting enough calcium and protein from other sources. I was unable to tolerate cold milk, though ice cream (sadly), pizza with cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches did not give me any trouble. I did drink the special milk for the Lactose-intolerant, such as Lactaid. I wanted to be sure I had my daily intake of calcium. Have you tried that or soy milk?

Also, my OB said that Tums was good for my upset stomach and also a great source of calcium. Check with your OB if he or she concurs.

I didn’t have issues with the skin of my nipples, thank goodness, though they did get very sore and cracked when my daughter was first learning how to latch on in the first few days. Lasinoh was great and I still joke that that’s what she lived on during the short day between when my colostrum was exhausted and my milk really came in. Once she and I became accustomed to the whole latching-on business (which takes practice and several days before it became natural), I had a successful experience breastfeeding her.

Again, I hope that you find relief. You are getting many helpful suggestions not available to me 12 years ago. Best of luck!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Tacori - can''t believe it''s here! Best wishes for an easy L&D for you, can''t wait to see your new baby.

NJC - SO SO SO adorable. Thx for the pics!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Today''s the day!!! Tacori, hubby and I send BIG HUGS your way and I can''t wait to see pics and hear your story!

Question for the mommies: what do you have to do with bottles? Like I got some hand-me-down bottles from friends -- can I just put them (and the nipples) in the dishwasher? Do I boil them? With all the BPA stuff, I''m afraid to boil them (I''ve got a mix of brands - Playtex, Dr. Browns, Avent). I also got a Born Free starter kit, so again, what do I do? Is the dishwasher or just hot soapy water OK? Thanks!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m currently away on a business trip, but logged on here in the expo room I am in just to check on Tacori! Good luck Tacori, I''m thinking of ya today!

More later...especially on njc''s birth story...thanks for posting it!

Hugs to all!

E B

Ideal_Rock
njc, Jonathan is adorable! Look at that tongue.

Tacori- Best of luck today! Be sure to update us whenever you can!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you today Tacori, good luck!!!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/3/2007 10:04:38 AM
Author: ellaila
Today's the day!!! Tacori, hubby and I send BIG HUGS your way and I can't wait to see pics and hear your story!

Question for the mommies: what do you have to do with bottles? Like I got some hand-me-down bottles from friends -- can I just put them (and the nipples) in the dishwasher? Do I boil them? With all the BPA stuff, I'm afraid to boil them (I've got a mix of brands - Playtex, Dr. Browns, Avent). I also got a Born Free starter kit, so again, what do I do? Is the dishwasher or just hot soapy water OK? Thanks!!
You can throw them in the dishwasher. Dishwasher baskets for baby supplies are handy, Babiesrus sells them.

NJC, Jon is so cute
12.gif

MrsS. You have a good looking group of kiddos.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2007 4:18:05 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Thinking of you today Tacori, good luck!!!
Me too! I am so excited for you!!!

NJC your son is adorable, congrats!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ella, i always put my bottles and things on the top self of the dishwasher. of course this was before all the plastic issues so i''m not sure if you''re still supposed to do that.

Tacori, I hope everything is going smoothly for you and you are now holding your precious little one...

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, thinking of you!!! I hope you and baby T are hanging out right now. Can''t wait to hear from you!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori, hoping you are a new mommy by now!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
just a quick check in from me to say
35.gif
to tacori and welcome baby T once you check in...can''t wait to see how things went for you. i hope your getting some much deserved and needed rest though
1.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, I''m thinking of you!!

Oh my gosh, NJC, Jon is adorable!
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori, I keep checking in, too! Tell J he''d better send us some news!!!!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori: You''ve been on my mind all weekend, and I''m thinking of you & baby T...cannot wait to hear from you both! You are such a sweet lady.

Tgal: hahaha, on a biz trip checking in....CLASSIC! I love it!

NJC: Your birth post was awesome, thank you for sharing! What a quick birth! That''s awesome (even if it hurt) for a first time! Yeah, now you know why I get upset when the nipple nazi''s attack me for not nursing. I endured almost 3 months of sheer hell & I was so SO EXCITED to breastfeed before Jake got here. Did all the classes, lined up lactation consultants...there was no other option for me, I was militant...wanted to nurse at least a year. My dh always says no one ever tried harder or did more or beat themselves up guiltwise more than me. I have to admit, the first few weeks I was absolutely miserable that I wasn''t breastfeeding Delaney. I even broke down right after she was born & tried, but her latch was weird like Jakes (my kids have a funny chin...it goes under & they can''t get that lower lip out---it juts back out to normal position once they get older, but its sort of an under bite to start with) and my dh was so pissed at me for even trying (memories of mastitis, no milk, busted cracked nipples, me exhausted for months). Not to deter anyone from bf-ing, cuz believe me, if I could, I would in a heartbeat, I think its the best as well...but man, this recovery has been OODLES easier because I''m not nursing. I tend to always want to be the one to feed Delaney (since I''m not nursing, I do extra time with her to facilitate bonding & it works well...she likes me best...lol...but seriously, I''m obviously her favorite person & when no one else can soothe her, dh just lays her on me & her eyes close, her face goes peaceful & she passes out) but it is nice to let dh or my parents do it so I can either nap or make dinner or dote on Jakey bear.

I guess what I am trying to say in a round about, blithering fashion, is that its hard enough transitioning into motherhood without others judging you. And until you''ve walked a mile in another''s shoes, its never a good idea. I really have no patience for women or men who have never had children/nursed giving their opinion to me, or women for whom nursing was a breeze...they have no clue how demoralizing the struggle & failure is. I''ve noticed women who have struggled like I did, even the ones who triumphed & were able to keep nursing, are very cool about it...because they KNOW. And they know that for whatever reason they were able to persevere, that it isn''t a cakewalk. there is a lot more respect there, which I appreciate.

Ok...off my soapbox...time to give my sweet baby a bottle...

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, I''ve been thinking of you this weekend! I keep checking this thread to see if there''s an update. I hope things are going smoothly and you are holding your bundle of joy!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Tacori--can''t wait for your ''check-in'' .....

Diver--I think sharing stories like yours is really important. I think you are right, no one can judge until they have been through it, and even then ''judge'' is totally not to the right word--rather understand. As a first time ''mom to be'' i admit i have that enthusiam for doing eveything ''the best way possible'' (whatever that meanss!) only to be humbled by pregnancy. My vow to eat nothing but organic and not touch a processed good--ha--i just downed half a chocolate bar! My plan to say goodbye to cosmetics and coffee--well, i''ve cheated a little there too. My ''plan'' to have a midwife is not working out b/c they are in high demand and there is simply not one available for my EDD....the list goes on. Point is, we all have a lot to endure and cope with while pregnant and raising kids and it doesn''t always follow the almighty plan.

I am glad you wrote about your breast-feeding problems. Like you, i feel it is soooo important, but as I sit here typing with cracked, bleeding nipples and dry, itching chapped skin (before baby has even arrived!) I know that I may have a heck of a time making it work. I am already stressing about it and know how devestating guilt can be so I am starting the mental prep now.
You are a great mom for realizing that you have to take care of yourself and baby--can''t have one without the other!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori-

I, also, have been thinking of you and your baby. I am checking in to see if there is news posted. Not yet! I bet s/he is in your arms now, however. It is almost 5 pm Eastern Standard Time. You will have to tell us the exact time of birth as well as the other stats!

Love,
Deb
34.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori, thinking of you. Hope everything has gone smoothly and you have baby T in your arms! Can''t wait to hear from you!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Yes, Tacori, I have been thinking about you too this weekend!! Hope all is well, and cant wait to hear all about it !!!!
36.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/4/2007 9:10:27 PM
Author: Dani
Yes, Tacori, I have been thinking about you too this weekend!! Hope all is well, and cant wait to hear all about it !!!!
36.gif
Ditto! Ditto! and Ditto!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori,
Been thinking of you all weekend. I think everyone is. HUGS and best wishes to you, Mr Tacori and baby T.
12.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t wait to hear the news from Tacori!! Hope she showed her hubby how to log in and post pictures!! lol

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I''m also popping in to let Tacori know that I''m thinking of her and her family! I hope everything went well and that you''re holding your sweet little baby right now. ((((((HUGS))))))

~Jess~

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results