shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all diamond wizzards! Advice on a rock please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

madinventor

Rough_Rock
Having seen you guys in action I''d appreciate your advice on a stone I''m looking at. Haven''t got all the proportions yet (sorry!) but would appreciate it if you could work your magic. What do you think of the following proportions / price on the following:-

Asscher cut
Depth 70.0%
Table 66%
Girdle medium
Culet none
Polish VG
Symmetry VG
VS1
E color
Fluorescence none
Price $5100

I''m a little unsure about the depth / table. Nice look tho.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im not familiar with Asscher cuts at all, but they are beautiful. That said, your price for this stone appears to be pretty inline with Pscope's similar stone pricing. I found a 1.12c E VS1 Asscher for $5393 and a bunch of others in the high $4k and some in the $5k's..one in the $8k range! I am sure the price range depends on the color, clarity and CUT of the stone. But your $5k sounds about right.

That said, I am not sure if an Asscher is considered an Emerald/Radiant cut or a Princess cut on the AGA charts. So I got info for both. If it is considered a Princess cut, this stone would be a 1A cut grade, excellent. If its an Emerald/Radiant, it would be around a 2B which is still international fine grade and pretty darn good. Maybe someone can clarify this?

So all in all if you like the stone and the way it looks, your price sounds about right, and either cut grade could be very good! Good luck!
1.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
The numbers look good. Definitely get a sarin, though. Girdle is really excellent. Is it a local or internet purchase?? The price sounds for both cases very good! E VS 1 is always a nice pace to start, too!
1.gif

madinventor

Rough_Rock
Hi there
You guys are great! Thanks so much for the feedback. Might not be the biggest stone in the world but at least I'm getting a taste for diamonds! One question (just to show my ignorance!). How do I get a sarin report?

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello MadInventor, welcome to the forum,

With the information that you have given us, it looks like a very nice diamond. If you can get a crown height and maybe crown angle we can give you a final approval.

You might want to put a hold on that one until you have your information.

Lugus

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 3/27/2003 3:25:51 PM madinventor wrote:
Hi there
You guys are great! Thanks so much for the feedback. Might not be the biggest stone in the world but at least I'm getting a taste for diamonds! One question (just to show my ignorance!). How do I get a sarin report?

----------------

A sarin report might be provided by the dealer, or might have to be acquired from an appraiser. Sometimes dealers have access to this information, but sometimes they don't.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
You simply have to ask the jeweler for a Sarin or OGI report. That piece of paper will show you all the proportions, angles, percentages, etc... It should cost no more than 10$... It's a very helpful report, especially because GIA tells very little about the cut. Crown height is very important in emerald/asschers and you might want to look for a 12%++ (up to 18-20% with asschers) crowns...

madinventor

Rough_Rock
Thanks all - will get those proportions and run them by for expert opinion!

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Is this a Royal Asscher or a Joe's Asscher?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Can't be Royal.

Has GIA changed its cut terminology? I thought most Joe's Asschers were called emeralds and a Royal Asscher was a modified octagonal. Or is this not a GIA cert at all if it called the cut an asscher?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results