shape
carat
color
clarity

calling all blonds..need makeup help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
My hair had undergone a tremendous change in the last year. I started out with medium brown hair for years....Then, in March 2005, I dyed it all dark brown. Then decided it was too severe for me..especially with a July wedding. So, I worked with my hair person and we got it to light brown with blonde highlights for the wedding. Well, turns out I like blonde on me so I''ve gone a bit lighter...now my hair is mostly dark blonde with some lighter blonde highlights. Problem is all my makeup has been geared toward darker hair. My normal eye makeup has been pretty much beige with brown eyeliner and a bit of darker brown as an accent. Well, with the blonde hair it doesn''t work at all. I wind up looking washed out all the time now.

This is a picture from last March right before my hair went dark. It''s now blonde. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mark&Elisabeth3.jpg

Tali

Rough_Rock
How about a current picture with your current makeup? It''d help those of us who are more concrete......

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
What color are your eyes, I'm having a hard time telling that in your pic? If they're Blue then shades of brown definitly bring that out with blond hair. I've spent my whole life as a natural light blond, and 3 weeks ago I went DARK warm Brown, my blue eyes POP now! And I've also had to change my make up as well. I can wear so many more colors as a brunette and I love it.

Your skin is gorgeous, looks to have pink undertones so you'll want to stay away from "warm" colors with orange/yellow tones and gravitate to "cool" colors with blue tones. Usually make up will state if it's warm, cool or neutral tones. Look at your wardrobe to see if there is a color theme and go from there. Smokey greys, purples, whites (highlights), pinks, touches of pale greens (not too yellow tho) are all great blond colors. Have fun with it.

Maybe go to one of the make up counters in the mall and get a freebie make over, make the rounds at the counters. Our spa offers make up lessons (no buying pressure either) so check out your local day spas, or resort spas where you live.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Tali--I will try to get my husband to take a picture of me now and post tomorrow.

cnspotts--my eyes are medium blue-grey. They are more blue if I have more sleep. More grey when I am stressed. I thought my eyes would pop too with the darker brunette shade..and they did to a point but it washed out my skin. My skin definitely has some pink undertones...due to rosacea. Purples & greens would be new for me. I would like to get to a makeup counter and do the makeover thing...just having trouble actually getting any time to myself to do it.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
In case you''re interested, here''s a cool little make up kit that comes with everything. It''s a lot of fun... Here''s the link: Alexis Vogel Cosmetics

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Our eyes are very similar then being blue/grey.

When I WAS blond.
I line my eyes sometimes with a deep mahogany brown on the upper lid (outer 3/4) and just a swipe under the lower lashes (then I use a q-tip to wipe away the excess for a very tiny thin line) Only Black mascara on the upper lashes, none on the lower or just a touch on a few lashes towards the outer edge. Sometimes I''ll go back over the upper lid line with a deep rich brown powder shadow to add more definition, so it doesn''t look like I drew the line on. The other colors I''d use are those deep greens, purples, greys, or rich azure blues (watch out with that tho, remember the 70''s) and a touch of gold, white, or pink in the inside corners. The entire lid also looks good with a pale shade of sheer pink, not bubble gum pink or teen pink but don''t go all the way up to the brow.

One of my fav everday colors are shades of muted sheer rose with no liner and just mascara on the outer lashes. Darken it up for night and add more color, liners and more mascara.

Look through the current fashion magazines to see what the girls are wearing on their eyes, lips cheeks. That''s a great place for hints. When my DH is not home I''ll sit around and play makeup for a few hours these days trying to adjust to my new rich brunette hair.

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
I am a brunette, but for blue eyes I have read that using warmer tones of yellow/gold/tangerine shadow (sheer of course) brings out the blue in your eyes because they are opposite colors on the color wheel--if you get what I am saying. They compliment each other. You could try just washing this shade over your lid, and lining with a nice deep brown or brown/black, and I do suggest always using black mascara unless you are a super fair blonde. I would say, stick with neutrals mostly on the eyes just to be safe, if a tangerine is too much for you a nice warm brown or copper could do the trick--experiment to find what you like. A subtle rose colored lip would look lovely!

Also, I have rosacea too and I always cover up all my redness with makeup. I am loving the MAC studio fix, it is incredible and you only need a little bit for very nice coverage. I get a lot of compliments on my skin because it looks so natural, people think its my real skin. I am not sure the greens and purples would be good with your complexion, but that is just my .02.
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What are the undertones of your hair? I am a natural blonde, but my hair has shades of gray to it. My eyes are blue some days and gray others...and I am very pale. I dont use eyeliner often. Most days I skip foundation type products. I stick with sunscreen and a light blush like benetint, for my eyes I use a pale tan/gold color every where and a pale light ashy brown color for my lower lids, I think sparkley ones look bad on me. One swipe of clean tint mascara or unstoppable and a little Tarte lip balm in Weds and I am out the door. I think blondes tends to look over done with too much makeup a lighter more natural look is usally better. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results