shape
carat
color
clarity

Calla Lillies? -or- Show me your Wedding Bouquets!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I've got flowers on the brain! I've been doing a bit of investigating (ok, I admit, a lot of investigating) into flowers with a mind on my wedding flowers.

So when I worked up some questions, I headed straight for the ladies with the know-- the brides of PS!
9.gif
I was hoping that someone might be able to answer some questions...

I really like calla lillies (especially the white ones) and notice they seem fairly popular-- are they seasonal? Do most florists carry them? How pricey are they?

And secondly, I would love to see photos of people's bridal bouquets, if they are willing, as well as any floral eye candy in that vein, so for those of you who are in the dreaming/planning stage, what flowers did you choose/are your favorites?

I don't know why, but looking at flowers makes me feel so happy and excited about getting married... is that normal?
36.gif

tanyak

Shiny_Rock
I''m using callas. This was the bouquet my florist put together really quickly for my bridal portrait session. They sprayed the regular white callas yellow. The bouquet is looking a little sad (and faded) because it was two or three days later, but it was gorgeous for my portraits. My real bouquet will have the large callas plus mini callas that are naturally yellow. The blue is delphinium.

I think Callas might be a mid-priced flower. My florist said she pays less for regular callas than minis. The minis are more popular for weddings because they come in a variety of colors. I care about flowers, but I don''t have a huge budget, so spraying the regular callas really kept costs down. As far as the seasons, I think you can get them pretty much year-round but I don''t know for sure. I hope that helps some.
1.gif

bouK.jpg

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I think you can pretty much get calla lilies any time. I think they are very classy and elegant. I love the white ones---but I also like the wine colored ones that I saw recently. The mini callas remind me of little bells turned upside down.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Calla lilies can be found year round. They are not super expensive.

Here's my bouquet; it has purple mini calla in it.

kiki_bouquet.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
And a close up of it; the colors showed up better in this picture.

kiki_bouquet_closeup.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
A bad picture of my bouquet for the 2nd reception; there''s white mini calla (circled), but you can''t really see it in the picture.

kiki_bouquet2.JPG

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo...
30.gif

Yep, I have really got a thing for those callas. Thank you both for the eye candy! Tanyak, I had no idea callas were that BIG!
6.gif
I think I''ve been looking at pictures of mini callas or pictures that were deceptive about their size. They are really striking, I think. They make me think of architecture rather than art, if that makes any sense at all.

It''s great to hear that they are reasonably affordable and available most of the year. We think we''ll end up with a spring/early summer wedding, so I think the callas would be just lovely.

Of course, I''m totally open to other ideas, and I would love to see what other interesting flowers people chose, and maybe even why those chose them... (actually, I secretly want more floral eye candy!
31.gif
)

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Mine won't have calla lilies, but wanted to share!
This is what it will look like:

KAFA5343CustomImage0775364.jpg

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/22/2006 1:33:59 AM
Author: qtiekiki
Calla lilies can be found year round. They are not super expensive.

Here's my bouquet; it has purple mini calla in it.
THAT is gorgeous! I adore the pearls!

And Charger, plain Red Roses are my favorite (followed by red roses and stephanotis, then graceful, pretty calla lilies). But Red roses are just plain classy.

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
I just had a wedding disaster when my Mom and I tried to make my own wedding flowers. The cruiseline won't let us bring on fresh so we have to use silk and we just didn't know what the heck we're doing. Fortunately I found a seller on eBay who can make the flowers for me in time for our wedding in (yikes!) two weeks.

Here's my bouquet:
http://www.simplyclassiccreations.com/8/2-FALSE-2.htm

Good luck with your flowers!!

451750_thb.jpg

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/22/2006 2:27:46 PM
Author: chickflick
I just had a wedding disaster when my Mom and I tried to make my own wedding flowers. The cruiseline won''t let us bring on fresh so we have to use silk and we just didn''t know what the heck we''re doing. Fortunately I found a seller on eBay who can make the flowers for me in time for our wedding in (yikes!) two weeks.

Here''s my bouquet:
http://www.simplyclassiccreations.com/8/2-FALSE-2.htm

Good luck with your flowers!!
Wow, the bouquet in that image you posted is really unusual! It looks like a large ''bloom'' has been created by radiating callas out from a center flower(s)?

I don''t think I''ve seen anything quite like that before, and I really like it. Hmm. *files that away*

I''m sorry to hear that you had a ''wedding disaster'' but I''m glad you found a solution in time.

Thanks for the inspiration!

portia

Brilliant_Rock

Galateia,

I was exactly the same as you when researching flowers... I totally had flowers on the brain! I don''t know why, but I spent sooooo much time on this part of the planning. It was so much fun!

Here''s my bouquet with some plum colored callas...

DSC_0637sm.JPG

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Our centerpieces also had some callas...

DSC_1021sm-1.JPG

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/22/2006 10:29:40 PM
Author: portia

Galateia,

I was exactly the same as you when researching flowers... I totally had flowers on the brain! I don''t know why, but I spent sooooo much time on this part of the planning. It was so much fun!

Here''s my bouquet with some plum colored callas...

Are those callas with ... orchids? *drool*
18.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pic of my bouquet and the BM''s bouquets. Mine is the one on the left:

kdfjdk.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
My SIL had a simple Calla lily arrangement. I don''t know if the florist did them, or she tied them herself. I guess it was around $40-$50, iirc.

JenCallas.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Different angle...

JenCallas2.jpg

Chi

Shiny_Rock
A little hard to see but I also had a tiny bouquet of mini white calla lillies...
I found it a little expensive my bouquet and button hole cost me $150.00...
20.gif

I think it was because it was prom season...
emquestion.gif
face22.gif
emquestion.gif

175749442_f756367a91_m[1].jpg

Chi

Shiny_Rock
Here is another - sorry it''s so little but my original pics are too BIG...and I don''t know how to resize..
39.gif
20.gif
39.gif
20.gif

175772294_c9b4a99e24_m[1].jpg

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
here is a pic of my bridesmaids'' flowers, they were very vibrant and bright colored - the look I was going for for my August summer wedding!

BMbouquetcrb.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I will be using yellow chrysanthemums for the bridesmaids bouquets, and yellow chrysanthemums, deep red roses and orange callas for mine. Here is my inspiration bouquet...
30.gif

color_bou2.jpg

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
here''s mine. we put it in a vase and used it as the centerpiece on our sweetheart table.

noviabouquet0906.jpg

Trelala

Shiny_Rock
If you''re into gardening, perhaps you can just plant some calla lily bulbs in your backyard. The previous owner left some white calls in my yard. I really don''t pay much attention to them at all, barely even water them even though it can get hot in the SF Bay Area. yet, more bulbs and more flowers keep forming. They''re very low maintenance.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
One of my fave pics of my bouquet -- it looks like it''s made of sugar here! Yummy!

cake_&_flowers.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results