shape
carat
color
clarity

California ladies in waiting in same sex relationships

peach_tea_for_me

Shiny_Rock
While I am straight, I want to extend a very ecstatic congratulations to all of you ladies in waiting who can now marry your partners! I know there's at least one of you on these boards and hopefully more can now join in! Congratulations! :bigsmile:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Re: California same sex ladies in waiting

peach_tea_for_me said:
While I am straight, I want to extend a very ecstatic congratulations to all of you ladies in waiting who can now marry your partners! I know there's at least one of you on these boards and hopefully more can now join in! Congratulations! :bigsmile:

I agree!

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
I agree. A heartfelt Congratulations!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto! I'm so stoked about the ruling today. Let's hope it stands for good! :appl:

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I am excited too, for my sister, and everyone else in CA. Although I know people aren't getting too excited as this is far from over.

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
I hadn't heard this! So great!!!!! It's about time..... :appl:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
getting excited said:
I hadn't heard this! So great!!!!! It's about time..... :appl:

I hadn't heard either. I agree, it's about time. :appl:

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!! While I'm not in CA right now, that is where I plan to move to and get married. So this is AWESOME news for me!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I hadn't heard!

That is awesome news!! I'm thrilled for you HNL :bigsmile:

ETA: I just went to read about it - finally, the stance against oppression prevails :appl: :appl: :appl:

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
I'm a California native and my heart hurt when Prop 8 was originally passed. I am so happy that a federal judge was able to see past the bs and rule in favor of equal protection.

I was super excited when I saw this BUT he also granted a stay, so it will not take effect immediately.

From CNN's article:
"In a separate order, Walker also granted supporters of Proposition 8 a temporary stay, which stops his decision from taking immediate effect. They had argued, prior to his ruling, that same-sex marriages would be performed soon after his decision and could be complicated by rulings and appeals further down the legal road."

This is just the first step in a very long battle. I'm optimistic about the outcome, but let's be honest.. This was a district judge for the Northern District of California. Northern California is WAY more liberal than Southern California.. That's why I love it!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Like a friend of mine said, it takes quite a pair to overrule a proposition that was voted in referendum! I'm very glad he did this... Congrats to all who can now marry! :appl:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Woop woop woop...go California :appl: :appl:

Im not American but im so pleased this went through, it makes me think there might be hope for us all after all =)

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Hey - you can still all come over here to Mass or VT!

Nice place for a wedding....!!!!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Hooray! Lets just hope that it sticks this time!

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to come back here and say THE STAY WAS LIFTED today! So, congrats to all the lovely men and women who can now get married in California!
:appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results