shape
carat
color
clarity

cake toppers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I have yet to find a cake topper that I actually like, some are ok, but I just can''t find one that speaks to me. I went ahead and bought an infinity rings but am still on the fence about using it. BTW, I''ve checked nearly every place that I can think of and literally spent about 16 hours cruising the internet searching high and low and so far nada. Everything is just too cutesy or totally not us. So, if you don''t mind sharing which cake topper you''ll have and where you got it from it would be greatly appreciated! Maybe I''m just not thinking outside the box...

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I couldn''t find a cake topper that we liked either - we didn''t like the cutesy stuff either...we went ahead and let our cake baker make a topper out of fondant - it was a big "bow" almost - but she made this gorgeous design on the fondant - i''ll attach the full view and the close up of our cake!

cleofullcake.jpg

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
here''s the close up view - you can see the design on the fondant topper - hope this gives you ideas!
1.gif

cleoclosecake.jpg

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Are you opposed to having your florist make a cake topper out of flowers?

E B

Ideal_Rock
We didn''t have a traditional cake topper. Since we had a bird theme, our baker put an icing nest filled with icing eggs at the top. We loved it!

wedcakenest.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 3:53:11 PM
Author: EBree
We didn''t have a traditional cake topper. Since we had a bird theme, our baker put an icing nest filled with icing eggs at the top. We loved it!
Your cake is so darling! I love the cake topper too! What a neat idea.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That bow is amazing, what details! And the birds nest, too cute! - but not cutesy!
36.gif

We aren''t having a florist since we''re getting married in Vegas and we''re just having a reception back home. The thing is we''ve let FMIL pretty much take control of the reception (we redirected her, now she hasn''t called us crying that we''re getting married in Vegas since we gave her something to do LOL) and the lady she''s chosen to do our cakes well, she''s good but she''s not THAT good. Older lady, family friend I believe; so the flowers would most likely work the best, we can pick those up ourselves and just have her add them on. Most definitely a better option that everything else I''ve seen so far.

Thanks ladies! Keep those pictures coming! I love seeing what others have done.
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re having personalised cake toppers made-myself, D, Amber and Manolo will all be sitting on the cake!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 4:04:11 PM
Author: Clairitek
Date: 2/23/2009 3:53:11 PM

Author: EBree

Your cake is so darling! I love the cake topper too! What a neat idea.

Thank you, Claritek! We were very happy with the end result.

Brandy- Flowers sound like a good choice!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know if this will actually go on my cake, but it's two turtles catching a wave together by Lenox. I fell in love with my fiance when he got stuck on his back in a chair and was flailing like a turtle and the nickname stuck... so I thought it worked well for us, and it's not too sappy or anything.

789014_wHR.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results