shape
carat
color
clarity

cake topper arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beltane

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone... Grandma-bride here again... I''m so stoked! Our cake topper arrived today and it is SOOOO perfect! I am now even more excited about our cake than ever!!!

Background story: Hubby-2-be and I are both Irish heritage. We decided that our honeymoon will be 2 weeks in Ireland. When my future father-in-law heard where we were going he said "Wow... Ireland is on my bucket list." He''s 82. So I blurted and said "Why don''t you come with us?" He had tears in his eyes at the very thought of seeing Ireland, seeing the house where his father was born, visiting the churchyard, and most importantly his father''s pub, which is still operating.

Long story short, my elderly father-in-law is flying with us to Ireland. We are taking him up to Monaghan to stay with his cousins while we do our tour of the entire coast of the island for 2 weeks. We are SO excited. The family joke right now is that we are taking a chaperone with us on our honeymoon!

So... our cake, which is 3 tier, butter cream, with celtic knotwork done in frosting and delicate green sugar shamrocks... will have THIS at the top... the 3 of us sneaking away to Ireland!

I know this sort of thing isn''t classy/romantic for a first-timer''s wedding, but for us, at our age and stage in life, we are THRILLED and chuckling at how perfectly whimsical it is for us. I now can''t wait for our cake!!!
36.gif

getawaytoireland.jpg

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I love it!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Aww how adorable! I think it's so sweet you invited your FFIL along!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is such a sweet story and a fabulous topper for your cake. Makes me wish/hope something similar happens for us!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So. Cute!
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
SO cute!

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
How perfect! What an adorable story!!!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Love the cake topper and the story that goes with it!

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
EEK! That is just too cute for words, beltane!
9.gif

No matter ''what age or stage in life'' you''re at, every bride deserves to feel truly beautiful...and I''m sure you will be exactly that
2.gif

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
I think its adorable!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2010 1:45:55 PM
Author: Vancity
EEK! That is just too cute for words, beltane!
9.gif

No matter ''what age or stage in life'' you''re at, every bride deserves to feel truly beautiful...and I''m sure you will be exactly that
2.gif
Totally agreed! Your "age or stage" doesn''t make you any less of a bride!

I think it was very sweet of you to invite your FFIL, and I absolutely love the cake-topper. I prefer whimsical, or funny cake-toppers to completely traditional ones, quite honestly. I like when they show the personality of the couple
21.gif

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
That is the best cake topper and cutest story ever!!! I disagree about the age thing, I think it''s important to do these fun unique things all throughout life!

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
"Grandma"...can I be honest?

So when you used the word Grandma, I am picturing lace dollies, rocking chairs, sensible shoes and possibly a hair net. So when I first peeked at the topper...I was thinking OMGosh...SHE IS OFF HER ROCKER! Why would she be excited about this...this three leprechaun thingy...we young whipper snappers have a few points of advice we need to share about wedding design and decor. After all, we've come along way-since "Your Day".

After reading your story, I would ask you to forgive me for that judgment? That assessment was ALL WRONG!

I am in tears-half because I am ashamed, but the bigger tears are because that little topper is utterly PERFECT! Poignant...and the sentiment will be a treasure for all to see! There is more CLASS and ROMANCE shoved under that little green hat then all the toppers in the world!

What a beautiful gift you are bestowing on this special Irishman. An unselfish treasure for all to enjoy! Heck, I don't even know you, but I assure you I am partaking in the thrill just as if I were family.

Beltane, There is no age requirement or limit for being thoughtful. Not many brides would be so generous with their special "ME" time. I am humbled by your generosity and class. What a BEAUTIFUL bride you are already!

Looks like young whipper snappers can learn from our "elders", after all!

35.gif

PS...I did some elementary equations...you are a young whipper snapper yourself!
2.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I love it!

And how wonderful of you to take FFIL with you to Ireland!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Casablanca put it into words, what I could not describe. I have tears in my eyes after reading your post. That is just so incredible you are doing this for your FFIL. And I hope everyone at the wedding is able to share in the specialness of knowing the story behind your cake topper!

beltane

Shiny_Rock
Awwww you guys are the best! I sometimes feel silly being here at the age of 50 amongst you lovely young ladies... but I must admit I''m so excited about our wedding and having a second chance at being a bride again. Hubs and I have been through hell and back (my now-ex-husband of 25 years PHONED me for a divorce one Sunday night, leaving me with the kids and the bills) and Hub''s wife of 25 years died of cancer. So we''ve seen the dramatic side of life. We are so giddy to unexpectedly find love at our age that our wedding is really turning into a joyful celebration of life!

I watch all of you with your beautiful, elegant and fun plans and I feel like I am getting to lurk into breath-taking weddings like when my own daughters were getting married. I absolutely love lurking in all your plans and seeing your special day evolve.

Anyhow... *hugs* to all of you for your love and support. Thank you! I''m so glad you love our cake topper... I keep looking at it and giggling at how perfect it is!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so adoreable!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Beltane- that is an awesome cake topper! And as far as age, you are as old as you act. My 34 year old cousin acted like she was 45 when she was 19, YOU seem very young at heart (besides, as far as the rules go, you aren''t TECHNICALLY old until you are 66- not 65 anymore, and you can collect social security, so HA!).

You know what would be a hysterical surprise for future FIL? If you can find three green top hats- no matter how cheesy, get one for each of you, take it on the trip, position yourselves like the cake topper w/ the hats on and frame the pic for him later. And of course, depending on the price, he should have another cake topper that matches to put next to it!

You are going to have an awesome wedding, I bet! There''d better be pictures!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I ADORE IT!!!

Just marvelous. Good for you!! What a dreamy trip you will have together!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
that is so cute and what a great memory of time in Ireland with you FIL - you are very thoughtful ! :)

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
What a story Beltane! (And what a suitable name for you in the summertime of love again
5.gif
). Your thoughtfulness and unselfishness are inspiring, and then some. I hope you all have a memorable blast in the aul sod
1.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Your caketopper is just awesome - I LOVE IT :) and I love the fact that your taking your FFIL with you both to Ireland it is stories like those that warm my heart :)

Love at any age is beautiful and happiness is deserved by everyone :)

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful story and cake topper! Can''t wait to hear more about your wedding!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results