which cake?

• super delicious cake that is plainly decorated

Votes: 40 88.9%
  • traditional sweet white wedding cake that is more ornately decorated

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I'd go for simple. A simple cake will still be gorgeous and memorable. If you sacrifice taste too much, then your guests will all be talking about how bad the cake is...they will have forgotten how pretty it was.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I'd prefer a simple delicious cake.

It's hard hard choice because I'm very aesthetically driven and it is very important to me that everything at the wedding be pretty. It's why we chose our venue and it's something we will spend probably the most time on.

However, we'll spend the most money on the food because we both love good food. I never really imagined geting married when I was younger, never really thought about the dress but I did think how fabulous it would be to have an excuse for a huge delicious cake.

In the end it's not the part of my that's aesthetically driven or the part that loves food that wins, it's probably the practical part of me that knows spending a house deposit on a wedding is just not me. I'd take cheaper, simple and yum after expensive and fancy any day!

We're having a two tier, one chocolate one carrot, vegan buttercream cake. Really simple, smooth yet slightly rough finnish with something pretty on top. Perfect and yummy!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I'm just going to throw my cake out there. . .

We loved it! It was NOT fondant. The bottom was their special white cake (had an almond flavoring) fill with raspberry filling. Next layer up was chocolate filled with bavarian creme. Then yellow filled with strawberry. The 4th layer up was marble with no filling. The top was the white cake with no filling as we saved that for our one year anniversary. Personally I think my cake looked amazing! We are huge fans of cake shows on TV and we wanted a stand out cake. People took pics of this cake non stop until we cut it. It probably had it's photo taken by our guests more than we did. I'm not kidding. The taste was to die for. It was so moist and yummy. Everyone couldn't believe it looked that awesome and tasted so great on top of it. I really think you can get everything in one package at a reasonable price.

Cake_BlackWhite_Wallpaper.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results