shape
carat
color
clarity

CADS from ERD...how to verbalize some of the changes

DonnaH

Rough_Rock
I got my CADS from MArk at ERD this week and want to verbalize some changes to him and feel like an idiot because I do not know the terminology.The stone is a nice chunky cushion brilliant 1.00 carat VS1 F. The CAD looks a bit chunky to me but they all look strange to me. So I have told him thaqt I want the baquettes raised an enlarged a tiny bit, I want the the ring tapered but the biggie is that I want the back or bottom of the ring to be thinner...how do I even say that? He is also going to put two sapphires inside (for my 7 year old twin girls Ava and Audrey. Oh, and there is going to be hand engraving. what do you think???? I am getting nervous :wavey:

DANNA 1.jpg

DANNA.jpg

DANNA 4.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
It shouldn't be a problem to have the bottom of the shank (plain part) thinner. I am not sure what part you want tapered? The princess cuts? I think tapered will be more $$ so maybe just get larger baguettes on the top?

DanMgy

Rough_Rock
Even if you have the terminology there is always an issue of communicating specific changes you want. You can always try going to the knowledge center on here and ready all the articles and info that is posted. My GF was driving me up a wall because she had an idea but had no way of really articulating it, she spend some time reading and was able to express it better. Also here are maybe a few ways you can try communicating your ideas.

Trying making reference points and using good ol' geometry terms i.e. I want the part of the ring/shank that is 180 degrees or directly below the center stone thinner.

Also, something that he might be able to do is send you a labeled version of the cad model. So it would actually have the specific measurements tagged to a specific point on the ring. This might be an easier approach, so you can say the bottom of the shank says "it is 3mm I want to know if we can make that 2.5mm".

The last idea you would need a scanner or fax machine, print out the cad designs and draw your desired changes. You can use arrows to point to specific areas or things you want done.

Lastly, try being open and telling them you do not know how to communicate the changes you want. These people do this for a living and more than likely have a profitable company, so I am willing to bet it is not the first time they have had to deal with this.

Good Luck!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How wide is the band? It looks a little wide to me but it could just be the cads. The profile view is very cool.

DonnaH

Rough_Rock
I think I have communicated it to the best of my abilites. You are so right, the band looks wide on the CAD. It is going to be 2.6 tapering to 2.2.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DonnaH|1307052720|2936463 said:
I think I have communicated it to the best of my abilites. You are so right, the band looks wide on the CAD. It is going to be 2.6 tapering to 2.2.

Well, that doesnt seem all that wide considering you have a N/S baguette in it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results