shape
carat
color
clarity

CADs for my entry into the five stone club

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I just received these images from Wink Jones. His new bench has listened intently while I tried to choose between orbayas beautiful u-prong and a Stuller scroll antique repro setting. They''ve given me the best of both!! I''ll be able to enjoy the profiles of the stones while giving them a home that would have been familiar to them at the turn of the last century.

Tell me what you think.

mccoycad.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh, yummy TUMMY!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I''m MAD for yellow gold!

Looks AWESOME, that''s what I think
9.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that looks great! I can''t wait to see it when it''s finished! It''s going to be gorgeous!

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I love the profile view. What an original ring! Can''t wait to see pictures of the finished product.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
That is going to be gorgeous!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Wow Upgradeable, it looks like scroll heaven
6.gif
10.gif
!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - that is really lovely! Can''t wait to see the finished product!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It will be amazing when finished!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Upgradable, now that truly is as good as it gets! Your OEC babies should feel right at home in that mounting. That goldwork is going to look fabulous. For some reason, I just had a memory of that Chris Reeve, Jane Seymour movie "Somewhere in Time". It was a sweet, romantic tale of time travel. I could just imagine the Jane Seymour character wearing that ring.

It''s going to be unique and beautiful! I really love what they''ve done!

How long will it take them to make it?

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Oh my!!!! It is perfection!!! I cannot wait to see the final piece, its going to be stunning!!!!
3.gif

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow gorgeous profile
30.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! Stunning!!
36.gif

I hope you told them to go ahead!!

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s a beautiful setting!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Can''t wait to see the finished ring!
36.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
They''ve got the go ahead, the money, and I just sent the stones. Estimate is 3-4 weeks. EEk, I can''t wait!! This is my first custom project, and it''s a new bench for Wink. Keep the finger crossed that all goes well!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I came back for a second look (because it is so fabulous
30.gif
) and upon closer inspection I wonder what these are for (circled in black). They kinda seem to be at a strange angle... and not so harmonious with the rest of the scrolls... is it for support or something?

upgradeable.cad.circle.JPG

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME. Just awesome!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Good question, posh. I hadn''t notice them. I''ll ask.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!!
30.gif

I can''t wait to see the finished product!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are going to be one happy lady when that ring is finished, it is going to be gorgeous!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2008 4:53:35 PM
Author: poshpepper
I came back for a second look (because it is so fabulous
30.gif
) and upon closer inspection I wonder what these are for (circled in black). They kinda seem to be at a strange angle... and not so harmonious with the rest of the scrolls... is it for support or something?
Wow posh, good eye and good question! I hadn''t noticed that. I got too wrapped up in the beautiful scroll work. It goes to show, we all look out for each other!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is a terrific design! I wouldn''t change a thing!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
allfivestonescollage1.JPG

I thought I''d add a picture of the stone that will be going into the ring. Sorry about the color. This is what my pictures look like when I turn the flash off. Well, it kind of adds to the vintage air, don''t you think?

The center stone is the largest at 4.6mm and it''s an L. The stone on the right end is 4.1mm and an F. Interestingly enough, you don''t see any dissonance with the the range in color. All other stones are either G or I.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Here is the original inspiration and the custom along side each other. I think I can see where that errant swirl came from. I''ve sent my question to the bench and we''ll see if they can modify it to flow better with the design.

zzzzsdzflkjtg.JPG

vslover

Shiny_Rock
Are the stones going in any particular order? Maybe a weird question...I just wondered if they''d put the L next to the F?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''ve identified the order for them. The L is the middle stone while the F is on the far edge. The sequence I have them in take into account the gradual increase and decrease in size (smallsmall) and in color (G, I, L, G, F). I''ve even compared table sizes so there is harmony there.

I''ve taken a close look at the CADs and made some notes for the bench. I''m posting them here to get any further feedback before this piece goes to wax. It''s easier to change the computer model before making the wax. What do you think?

mccoycadNOTES.JPG

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
What an exciting project! It''s going to be incredibly gorgeous and I can''t wait to see it!!!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
I can not wait to see the final ring. It''s so unique and pretty!

(I wish I had your skills with making notes on a CAD, may have saved me some heart ache!)

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OHMYGOSH! You did it, a perfect mesh of the two designs!!! Great job! I love it. Can''t wait to see the stunning finished project!!!
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! I''ve been following your project, and your CADs look awesome! I can''t wait to see the finished product!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results