shape
carat
color
clarity

CAD's are in! Opinions?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am setting a .93 (6.04x6.14 OEC) in a CVB casablanca halo. Does this halo seem like it's overwhelming the stone? It looks ok to me, but haven't done CAD before, so looking for opinions. Thanks!

_36562.jpg

_36563.jpg

_36564.jpg

_36565.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am not experienced with CADs but I'd prefer there to be less space between the octagon and center diamond. Or is that space negligible once it's down to normal non-magnified size.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cads always look humongous. I think the finished ring will be beautiful! Caysie does an amazing job. Lovely choice :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the issue is center stone size being large enough for the halo to work around the bezel part. I think usually that setting has been for 1 ct and up, but your stone faces up more like a .85. I would want the diamond to fit pretty tight in that center bezel. I will attach a picture. The top left ring shows a larger stone where the bezel closely fits the center stone. The on the lower left, there is a smaller center stone and that one does have a little more of the inner bezel showing. It is all personal preference other than the size of the center stone does factor in to what can be done. You just need to ask Caysie about it. That's a gorgeous setting!

_36566.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd ask for the proportions of the halo to be changed so that it doesn't overwhelm your stone so much. Definitely.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous design Soxfan!!

I would indeed ask Caysie to:
- Minimise the space between stone and inner bezel: you actually do not want any space
- Make the halo a tad smaller to match the proportions of your center stone

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Very romantic....I like the one with the two toned look

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Your half moons are to rounded they need to be elongated - the whole setting over whelms your center stone IMO

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I will ask for the changes you all mentioned. Hopefully it will be a go!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super excited for you Soxfan!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too Acinom! So this CZ from an old pair of earrings is 5.9 mm, so slightly smaller than my diamond. I think it's a good size- not big, but not too small!

img_10959.jpg

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's going to be beautiful in that setting. Droolllllling already!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results